Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Oct 14, 2015 2:57 PM

Mar 2014
paulz said:
should i watch the 1st season before watching this anime? thanks

You don't need to watch the orginal since AA is a side story and not a direct sequel to the orginal anime. It actually starts off as a prequel.
Heyy want to learn about Buddhism??

If so please come check out my youtube channel were I talk about Buddhism and how to use to live a happy life

How chanting Nom Myoho Renge Kyo Changed My Life
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=03KNUf3ZA28

How Buddhism helped me overcome COVID

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LVJru9p8Qoo
Oct 14, 2015 7:39 PM

Apr 2015
paulz said:
should i watch the 1st season before watching this anime? thanks

#CHEXIT
Oct 15, 2015 2:36 AM

Jun 2014
Well Funi finally put up the first episode! I never watched the main story this is based on, but this seems really interesting and I'm definitely going to watch more episodes. I'll definitely need to watch the main story too, since I want to know more about Aria!
So glad that I'm not a huge manga reader, because the manga readers WHINE WAY TOO MUCH and have to RUIN every adapted anime for the ANIME ONLY WATCHERS!
Oct 16, 2015 1:39 PM
Feb 2009
Whats with these lameass spin-offs??? No plot or interesting characters. You take another series universe and don't add anything meaningful.
Oct 17, 2015 1:00 PM

Jul 2009
I liked it and I loved the OP! Amazing song.
Oct 17, 2015 11:33 PM
Oct 2015
Well , its good to see Aria back but im feel so sad because Kinji is not the main character .
Oct 19, 2015 2:16 AM

May 2012
1st episode is very good, and Aria is less annoying than in the parent story
Oct 23, 2015 8:17 PM

Dec 2012
Ah! The return to Bootay HS. Twas an okay episode. Kinji appearing the best part. Nano doing Nano like things with the OP.
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
Oct 24, 2015 11:19 AM

Feb 2013
So this is not a direct sequel? ... a bit annoying.

New girl did get her gun back... if only for a second. Aria changed the deal... what's up with that?
Oct 24, 2015 2:58 PM

Mar 2014
BurntJelly said:
So this is not a direct sequel? ... a bit annoying.

New girl did get her gun back... if only for a second. Aria changed the deal... what's up with that?
Yeah the part about her changing the deal was annoying...and its an anime only thing cuase in the manga this did not happen...
Heyy want to learn about Buddhism??

If so please come check out my youtube channel were I talk about Buddhism and how to use to live a happy life

How chanting Nom Myoho Renge Kyo Changed My Life
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=03KNUf3ZA28

How Buddhism helped me overcome COVID

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LVJru9p8Qoo
Oct 25, 2015 2:21 PM

Jan 2011
I expected it to be a sequel, I watched it without reading the synopsis or anything like that.

The fact that it wasn't that tryhard is a good thing, the random comedy inserts worked imo. A shitload of frames too, now that's something new.

Will keep watching this for a while.
I almost never read discussions after I made my post, if you want to reply PM me or post on my profile page.
Oct 27, 2015 9:04 AM

Jun 2008
What?

I'm confused, HOW is this a spin-off?

Like...it doesn't make sense....

You literally have the main character of the MAIN show doing things that contradict the main show...

It'll be like having Touma in Railgun do things that contradict what Touma does in Index.
Oct 27, 2015 9:30 AM

Nov 2011
Episode as the beginning is not bad, the story is not very exciting, but I was bored. Plot in the fourth, the frenetic pace of the narrative, is not bad. Drawings and animations at levels more than sufficient, the characters are quite characterized, the opening and ending are catchy.
Oct 27, 2015 5:25 PM

Jan 2008
Finally got around to watching this and oh god so much cringe. I don't remember the other one being this cheezy. It's like they tried to throw in every possible cliche and trope you can in a first episode.

I dont recall ever finishing the original series either, probably dropped it for similar reason.
Nov 25, 2015 9:10 AM

Feb 2013
Pretty okay first episode, main girl Akari, seems to be more worth it than what she first appears to be. Hope Aria gets to be an awesome senpai!

Dec 22, 2015 2:37 PM

Apr 2012
well that was dry n its not a Sequel 2 Hidan no Aria :(
Jan 16, 2016 12:11 AM

Jun 2011
I agree with many people here, it just doesn't feel right without Kinji as the main lead now, even for this episode, the bits I enjoyed the most were the ones with Kinji. Kinji and his interaction with the girls around him was what made the original series for me, and in my opinion, Aria can't stand on her own as the lead. Not to mention, Akari is annoying so far. We have not seen her work hard at all, and we're supposed to feel bad for her for failing her rank test? Her amica application got accepted all because she's the main lead of this spin off, and there is probably something about her, like her natural talent or some kekkei genkai. (probably butchered the term but whatever)

The animation was really awkward, I thought to myself if this is really a JC's product, and it turns out that it isn't. The action choreographs were pretty good, but brought down by a notch because of the animation.

Hopefully Kinji will be more involved than just making some random cameo appearances. Season 2 for HnA would definitely be the best choice though, since I heard a lot of good things that have yet to come into the anime.
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Jan 29, 2016 1:42 PM

May 2012
Fairly okay start for this second season, nothing too special as of yet.
Feb 7, 2016 8:52 PM

Nov 2007
I prefer Kin as a the main char, just my opinion. I liked his "ability." This new character is not my taste. People didn't care for the first season, but I liked it.
Sep 26, 2016 5:21 PM
Sep 2016
I wasn't a huge fan of the first season but I was kinda looking forward to see what they would make out of the second season. I understand it's a spin off but I am disappointed. It's TOO generic and Akira or what's her face is too annoying for me. She's like fly you can't kill. I loved Aria in her strong yet sensitive way. Now she's painted as some girl of perfection. And the F is Kinji, 5 seconds on screen time and plus kinji is with that horny annoying little black haired girl. I just expected more than this. Second seasons always disappoint lately. I understand it's a spin off but continue some of where we left off. Idk I don't think I'm going to continue.
Oct 19, 2017 8:48 PM
Aug 2017
I personally, have a deep hate for anime that doesn't show the original characters from the last season
Dec 21, 2017 6:08 AM

Feb 2014
When Kinji isn't in his hysteria mode, which is 98% of the time, he is your typical bonehead harem MC anyway, so I don't mind if he gets pushed out of the picture in this spin-off.
The episode wasn't as good as the main series' first episode, but still quite enjoyable nonetheless.

And good to see Doga Kobo using their over-the-top sakuga skills to animate an action anime for a change, instead of another CGDCT anime.
Jul 6, 2020 4:52 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
So basically it's Hidan no Aria but the lesbian version haha it wasn't bad to be honest, the animation is clean and the new loli girl looks funny, maybe she's a bit too clumsy but that's fine
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

» Raika is the least likable character in the entire show and probably anime

Neolightveo - Dec 11, 2023

1 by sorames »»
Dec 12, 2023 5:33 AM

» Shoujo Ai?

Mele - Nov 24, 2015

29 by HiljainenSipuli »»
Jan 29, 2023 6:54 AM

Poll: » Hidan no Aria AA Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 8, 2015

40 by wildhood »»
Sep 10, 2022 3:51 PM

» Where does Hidan no Aria AA take place?

SleepySenpaiSama - Oct 10, 2015

23 by Jomi13111 »»
Jun 13, 2021 6:52 PM

Poll: » Hidan no Aria AA Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 22, 2015

53 by DmonHiro »»
May 24, 2021 2:25 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.