Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Oct 5, 2015 9:56 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Eh this was a bit strange.

Well what I watched originally was a black and white version. However, the comedy itself seems like it was kind of fun in particular with the main characters. Obviously, some of them look alike. I bet the VA had a ton of fun with this show.

The episode was pretty trollish though...with the parody stuff. Seriously, I was like "what??" LOL. What a weird start for an episode with all the references.
Stark700Oct 5, 2015 10:08 AM
Oct 5, 2015 9:56 AM

Nov 2007
It starts in black and white (as Osomatsu-kun group) announcing Osomatsu-san airing, and already in new voices. Everyone except HiroC's character is happy. Then they are in present time popular anime series as F6 (parody of music themed genre w. them singing live and Hanayori Dango). Miyu-Miyu's character is so cute (pink), and SuzuKen's character is blond and their rival.

lol~ parody of sport themed anime (Haikyuu!!, Kuroko no Basket, and Yowamushi Pedal), too! What? Even Shingeki no Kyojin?! Followed by other "familiar" characters. Way too many other anime "parody-ing"... Then back to black and white. It seems like it "angered" the mangaka.

10+ years later with color in their life, but with nothing to do. Proper ep. starts next week it seems. They aired both OP (already announced) and ED (just announced, and will have A to F ver.) A ver. at the end.
tsubasaloverOct 5, 2015 12:35 PM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Oct 5, 2015 10:17 AM
Feb 2011
Such a good episode. The references came so thick and fast. I loved how hard they tried to try and be popular.
The apology to the mangaka was great.
I'm excited for next weeks episode.
Oct 5, 2015 11:11 AM

Jun 2015
i enjoyed this alot. Quite a ride and was confusing at the start haha. will try looking around for the prequels

Oct 5, 2015 11:13 AM

Dec 2013
AOTS
Oct 5, 2015 11:27 AM

May 2009
Half of episode was parody of yaoi VN Gakuen Heaven.
Oct 5, 2015 11:47 AM

Jun 2014
I never thought this had AOTS potential. That was amazing.
:3
Oct 5, 2015 11:55 AM

Jun 2014
So to be honest, I was only planning to watch this because Daisuke Ono is in it! (Plus a few of my other favorite male VAs)

This first episode though, OMG! The parodies of a bunch of other anime genres to be popular with the fans of today was way too good!

I loved how it started out in black and white and just went from there. If the comedy stays as entertaining the whole season this will definitely keep me laughing each week!
So glad that I'm not a huge manga reader, because the manga readers WHINE WAY TOO MUCH and have to RUIN every adapted anime for the ANIME ONLY WATCHERS!
Oct 5, 2015 11:56 AM

Sep 2008
I love it! *.*
This was so funny!
I can't stop laughing at this!
So many funny references xD

I want more!
Oct 5, 2015 12:01 PM

May 2009
Gintama's director did it.
Oct 5, 2015 12:03 PM
Oct 2010
Lmao this was really good.
Oct 5, 2015 12:05 PM
Content Admin
Overkilled Red

Aug 2013
That was fantastic! I died too many times! All those parodies were spot on, specially the SnK one.

This'll be a great show if it manages to maintain the hilarity throughout.

Oct 5, 2015 12:23 PM

May 2010
The Idols part was so damn cringeworthy but it portrayed exactly how those shows are and we get them every damn season. Great first episode..lots of potential!
Oct 5, 2015 12:31 PM

Mar 2012
I had no previous exposure to this show but darn it, this is amazing. The parodying is perfect. Kamiya and his retorts were icing on the cake.
Oct 5, 2015 12:38 PM

Jan 2015
OMFG THIS IS WHAT WE CAN CALL "COMEDY" 10/10
-Kuroko no Basket
-Haikyuu|!!
-Yowamushi
-Love Live
-Shingeki no Kyojin
and others
LOL "Sensei notice me"
I hope that the next episode has other references!

basket66 said:
Gintama's director did it.

Oh, that explains everything.
XenocrisiOct 5, 2015 12:46 PM
Oct 5, 2015 12:49 PM

Aug 2013
Anime is saved.
Oct 5, 2015 1:04 PM

Jul 2011
really have high hopes for this one after that pr stunt that is this first episode, i hoppe we can pair this up to gintama.
Oct 5, 2015 1:04 PM
Aug 2011
This episode was fucking majestic.
I didn't expect this kind of introductory episode from this series. Even if the rest doesn't follow suit they've still grabbed my attention to the fullest, so they've succeeded.

The brothers being turned into a bishounen idol group was the greatest
also Kise, Hinata and, Onoda lmao
they know exactly the things that are needed to see your merch
Oct 5, 2015 1:06 PM

Dec 2014
Wow, this anime is literally having an identity crisis during the whole episode, I know right, just because it's "self-aware' and pokes fun at other anime that means it's funny. One Ranpo Kitan is already too much, I don't need another one.
Oct 5, 2015 1:07 PM

Jan 2015
kataklism said:
really have high hopes for this one after that pr stunt that is this first episode, i hoppe we can pair this up to gintama.

Well the second episode is called "The melancholy of Osomatsu" so I think that the parodies will continue.
Oct 5, 2015 1:12 PM

Nov 2014
That was unexpectedly good, loved the parodies on the yaoi tropes, the fourth-wall breaks are also pretty good.

Hope this keep this good in the next episodes
Oct 5, 2015 1:12 PM
Aug 2011
raveninthemuddle said:
Wow, this anime is literally having an identity crisis during the whole episode

that was the point

raveninthemuddle said:
I know right, just because it's "self-aware' and pokes fun at other anime that means it's funny.

Or maybe some of us found it genuinely funny? Or is allowing yourself to have fun an alien concept for you?

raveninthemuddle said:
One Ranpo Kitan is already too much, I don't need another one.

yeah pick the least remotely similar series you can think of to compare it against
Oct 5, 2015 1:14 PM
May 2015
Pierrot Saved Anime
Oct 5, 2015 1:34 PM

Dec 2014
stand said:
raveninthemuddle said:
Wow, this anime is literally having an identity crisis during the whole episode

that was the point

Let's forget it's an adaptation of an old manga series, and the best they can do is referential humor of modern anime.

stand said:
raveninthemuddle said:
I know right, just because it's "self-aware' and pokes fun at other anime that means it's funny.

Or maybe some of us found it genuinely funny? Or is allowing yourself to have fun an alien concept for you?

I never said you aren't allow to have fun or be entertained by it, but I've seen many shows anime or not doesn't need to resort to the same method as their priority to get a laugh from the audience.

stand said:
raveninthemuddle said:
One Ranpo Kitan is already too much, I don't need another one.

yeah pick the least remotely similar series you can think of to compare it against

They are both old source materials and the new adaptation just shit all over them, as how alienating the treatment they get it's not difficult to see they're disappointing to anyone who knew a thing or two about the source materials and expected something that is recognizable from them, before it smears itself all over their faces.
raveninthemuddleOct 5, 2015 2:00 PM
Oct 5, 2015 1:37 PM

Jan 2015
raveninthemuddle said:
stand said:

that was the point

Let's forget it's an adaptation of an old manga series, and the best they can do is referential humor of modern anime.

I think that you didn't get the point of this episode.
Oct 5, 2015 1:42 PM

Apr 2014
LOL This episode was brilliant. The brothers suddenly being turned into idol group and the parodies on Yaoi trope were hilarious. All those references though, I lost count but they were all well done.

Never expected this to be potential AOTS.

5/5
Oct 5, 2015 1:49 PM

Aug 2013
I actually have to applaud Studio Pierrot,

this was quite funny.

The cast is perfect.
Oct 5, 2015 1:49 PM

Dec 2014
Xenocrisi said:
raveninthemuddle said:

Is it really that hard to understand even if I know what it's trying to do, and I just can't agree with the execution? They don't need the whole idol parody sequence to make their point "no one cares about old series like this now", in fact, the whole sequence is so elaborated it already crossed the line of "just making fun of it' to 'look at all these references! I'm sure if I persist enough at least one joke will work!'. If you really want to be funny just spent the first 10 minutes to let out your steam or whatever you want to say, and go straight into the core appeal of the show, if the second half works and still no one cares, then joke's on the audience, you can still be intelligent on a comedy, right?
Oct 5, 2015 1:53 PM

Apr 2014
Who needs a fourth wall anyway.
Oct 5, 2015 1:54 PM

Jun 2015
Funny! 5/5
Read Toriko!
Oct 5, 2015 1:59 PM

Jul 2011
raveninthemuddle said:
Xenocrisi said:

Is it really that hard to understand even if I know what it's trying to do, and I just can't agree with the execution? They don't need the whole idol parody sequence to make their point "no one cares about old series like this now", in fact, the whole sequence is so elaborated it already crossed the line of "just making fun of it' to 'look at all these references! I'm sure if I persist enough at least one joke will work!'. If you really want to be funny just spent the first 10 minutes to let out your steam or whatever you want to say, and go straight into the core appeal of the show, if the second half works and still no one cares, then joke's on the audience, you can still be intelligent on a comedy, right?

you forgot about the scene right after the whole caos.

that alone changes completely the meaning of the parody scene.
even that type of comedy was a parody.
Oct 5, 2015 2:08 PM

Feb 2011
This was absolutely hilarious. Didn't expect myself to watch this one but I still checked it out and couldn't bring myself to pause the episode.
Oct 5, 2015 2:16 PM

Feb 2014
Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh <3

Fantastic as expected.

Between this and One Punch Man, my season is gonna be a good one.
Oct 5, 2015 2:19 PM

Mar 2015
OMG BETTER THAN I EXPECTED!!! I watched the original 1988 version of this when I was younger and I was sooo pumped for this reboot. I knew it would be super funny since they will add more modern humor to it. Can't wait for the next episode!

AOTS already! :D

Oct 5, 2015 2:21 PM

Dec 2014
kataklism said:

you forgot about the scene right after the whole caos.

that alone changes completely the meaning of the parody scene.
even that type of comedy was a parody.

The scene they go back to black and white again? Just another self-referential joke, it's the same as what they've done during the previous sequence, again, just because it's self-proclaimed 'self-aware' doesn't mean it's funny, not even including an apology to Fujio Akatsuka.
Oct 5, 2015 2:34 PM

Jul 2011
Well actually I didn't want to watch the episode cuz I was in a very bad mood but I saw that someone liked it so much on tumblr so I watched it. OMG I laughed so much, the parodies, the seiyuu and everything was so funny. This saves my day somehow xD

Looking forward to the next episode *^*
Btw, was the band name "f6" a reference of the band "v6"?
Oct 5, 2015 2:39 PM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
Best first episode of this season so far.
STOP SLEEPING ON ODD TAXI

Oct 5, 2015 2:41 PM

Sep 2014
This was hilarious, kept me watching and I'm really looking forward to seeing more.
Oct 5, 2015 2:44 PM

Jun 2015
Hidden gem of this season
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 5, 2015 2:45 PM
Jun 2015
Damn, I honestly wasn't expecting to enjoy this as much as I did. I also wasn't expecting the cast to be stacked with great VAs. Potential comedy of the season right here. Should be a fun ride.
Oct 5, 2015 2:46 PM

Sep 2008
Nakamura-san idol chara is a totally my image about him!
Kinda mean, but flirtatious and really nice for animals (especially for cats) xD
Oct 5, 2015 2:54 PM

Aug 2010
That was actually friggin HILARIOUS XD All Dem parodies lololol

HQ, YowaPeda, KnB, AoT, Naruto, DBZ, Bleach and much more.

RIP 4th wall.

Is this by any chance the series that Sorachi got inspired from or sth? So many Gintama vibes.

And Dat VA lineup O_o
Oct 5, 2015 3:09 PM

Oct 2014
This is so frigging hilarious all the reference were falling as meteorites ,with my limited knowledge in anime I wonder how many I could catch :P
probably be AOTS for me ._.
I don't know why people write that they are approachable persons,
if you were you wouldn't be on MAL.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Extended families or lovers on MAL are a farce.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Oct 5, 2015 3:32 PM

Jul 2014
I feel like this was a total anime original content from all that parodying recent anime. Total Gintama vibes, but that's what I expect from Gintama's director.
Oct 5, 2015 3:40 PM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
This is fucking insane meta shit. Absolutely crazy and i really liked it.

I'd love to see a full list of the anime being parodied in this episode :D
Oct 5, 2015 3:49 PM
Feb 2013
HOLY SHIT! This was so fun to watch! They made the right decision with the cast, their personalities are awesome! The french guy's hilarious
Oct 5, 2015 4:02 PM

Jun 2014
Nobita-san is that you?
Oct 5, 2015 4:12 PM

Feb 2013
Not the biggest fan of meta humor really (or at least how anime does it nowadays), but I really dug how this one yanks the rug from under you a couple of times. Only discovering this franchise with this revival makes me feel like I'm attending a high school reunion to a place I never studied at.
gedataOct 5, 2015 4:17 PM
Oct 5, 2015 4:22 PM

Aug 2012
I didn´t expected all these references :´D It was quite funny the idea "we gotta fit in nowadays anime style!" but they got too far XD

Let´s see if the other episodes will be funny like this one.
"Could you not talk with me? I'm busy breathing."
Oct 5, 2015 4:30 PM
Sep 2012
Well. I'm not sure if this is going to be great or awful. It's definitely interesting. First episode was pretty funny I thought, and I like how it made fun of modern anime. Considering how absolutely shit all the other anime are this season, I'm glad to be able to watch this. Please don't ruin it :D
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Is this worth the watch?

Furuba_2801taku - Sep 6, 2020

10 by Old_School_Akira »»
Yesterday, 4:17 PM

Poll: » Osomatsu-san Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 7, 2015

82 by LainConnected »»
Mar 30, 8:08 AM

Poll: » Osomatsu-san Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 28, 2016

128 by Bidoof_PMD-EOS »»
Dec 9, 2023 8:04 PM

Poll: » Osomatsu-san Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 7, 2016

58 by Bidoof_PMD-EOS »»
Dec 9, 2023 7:26 PM

Poll: » Osomatsu-san Episode 15 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jan 18, 2016

55 by Bidoof_PMD-EOS »»
Dec 8, 2023 8:48 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.