Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Post New Reply
Poll: High School Star Musical Episode 1 Discussion

Oct 10, 2015 7:10 AM
Definitely room for improvement. It was an okay first episode though and I'll be watching all 12 episodes. 6/10

Oct 10, 2015 3:09 PM
This is so entertaining! Answered all of my expectations just right. It has the silliness of Binan, some similarity to Free (in terms of characters), and the idol-like plot similar to UtaPri and Hollywood Shounen. Imo it is different from Hollywood Shounen and UtaPri though, I would recommend Binan to people who like this anime.

I am gonna love it, don't know about you guys. 8.5/10. Solid first episode. Still can't get over the moment the Kao Council guys started dancing all of a sudden. That made me laugh so hard, pfft.

The haters are hating it way too soon and for all the wrong reasons imo. At least give it three more episodes. I can sense it is going to become even more entertaining and perhaps involve some character development.

Oct 10, 2015 8:47 PM
Not my type of anime, but not bad.

Oct 12, 2015 11:16 AM
I cringed.
Designs are so weird. And god... Red-hair's such a dick.

stand said:
phoe_enix said:
Hosoyan character is the typical talented guy who deems everyone is beneath him.

fuck me
when will Hosoyan stop voicing assholes?! he is so much better than this
^

Oct 12, 2015 5:55 PM
MidoriKoyama said:
still wondering why this reminded me of love live so much.
because the main characters are similar
watch utapri

☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆

watch nodame cantabile

Oct 12, 2015 10:44 PM
That was really cute and a lot better than I expected :)

Oct 13, 2015 1:00 PM
This is like UtaPri, only without annoying heroine. It seems promising for me. Solid 7/10 for the first episode.

Oct 13, 2015 5:07 PM
no awkward dance cgi??? sign me the fuck up
i wouldn't say it's particularly exciting so far but 6.62??? yikes...

none of the characters really stood out to me but i loled @ tengenji being a ridiculously huge asshole. i think i'll stick around for a couple more eps to see how it goes.
\\٩( 'ω' )و ////

Oct 14, 2015 8:03 AM
Kinda boring. The plot felt rushed and I already forgot half of the cast. First time the Kao Council did their amazing entrance I cringed, it was so awful. Why on earth would that be a tradition in a GODDAMN SCHOOL TO MAKE AN ENTRANCE LIKE THAT.

I've seen every character before. Not even the character design surprised me. They didn't even try, just glue something into this new format.

But just out of curiosity I'll continue watching and let's see how long I'll last until my intrest drops.

Oct 14, 2015 6:50 PM
Mahou Shoujo
That was a cute first episode.
I can't wait to get to know some of the characters better.

That ending song was kind of catchy too.

Oct 14, 2015 6:54 PM
It's below average for me right now.
I wish the songs were better.
Also their dancing gives me second-hand embarrassment.

Oct 16, 2015 7:06 AM
stand said:
phoe_enix said:
Hosoyan character is the typical talented guy who deems everyone is beneath him.

fuck me
when will Hosoyan stop voicing assholes?! he is so much better than this

lol, I'm not aware he's voicing that many assholes

Rei said:

Also their dancing gives me second-hand embarrassment.

Right.

I was gonna drop this but I guess I need entertainment once per week, and second-hand embarrassment.

Oct 16, 2015 9:36 PM
I'm starting to wonder if it is traditional to have an all-boys musical series every year? I was doubtful of this series at first, but after the first episode, all I can say is at least it's better than Shounen Hollywood, which I miraculously managed to survive two seasons of. It has it's flaws, but I'll give it a break since Uta no Prince Sama Maji Love Revolutions kinda fell flat on its feet after two successful seasons.

Oct 16, 2015 9:40 PM
DoragonessU said:
at least it's better than Shounen Hollywood, which I miraculously managed to survive two seasons of.
WHAT?!

☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆

watch nodame cantabile

Oct 21, 2015 3:19 AM
mayukachan said:
DoragonessU said:
at least it's better than Shounen Hollywood, which I miraculously managed to survive two seasons of.
WHAT?!

Shouen Hollywood was good, why is it so hated?

Oct 31, 2015 6:08 PM
Adrasteiax said:
I guess everyone posting is probably a guy. It's a SHOUJO guys. It's supposed to appeal to girls, not guys xD. I'm a straight girl, and this is hella 'fan service' for me and I'm loving it. We have to put up with ecchi most of the time, where it isn't even needed, which doesn't offer me anything, so deal with it xD.

I have a soft spot for all music anime, really, and this one is no exception. It'll probably be my guilty pleasure if it continues at this pace. (Not using CGI was an excellent choice).
I'm a girl.....6 min in and I said wtf...he would choose ballet, dafuq is this lmao, why!? so many musicals this season....so....many...I blame Utapri. Smdh...honestly, its not "horrible" but its not great either, not into the characters but points for not using cg, so far.....and I'm prob the only one who likes the MC's singing voice roflmao

Aluvara said:
This is like UtaPri, only without annoying heroine. It seems promising for me. Solid 7/10 for the first episode.

Heroine? Haruka doesn't even have a personality

hediay said:
Kinda boring. The plot felt rushed and I already forgot half of the cast. First time the Kao Council did their amazing entrance I cringed, it was so awful. Why on earth would that be a tradition in a GODDAMN SCHOOL TO MAKE AN ENTRANCE LIKE THAT.

I've seen every character before. Not even the character design surprised me. They didn't even try, just glue something into this new format.

But just out of curiosity I'll continue watching and let's see how long I'll last until my intrest drops.

Lmao, I'm with you!

TragicRomance said:
mayukachan said:
WHAT?!

Shounen Hollywood was horrible....and properly hated

Mod Edit: Merged duplicated posts; please use the edit button.
Modified by _Ghost_, Nov 12, 2015 1:29 AM

Oct 31, 2015 7:43 PM
Kanohane said:
TragicRomance said:

Shounen Hollywood was horrible....and properly hated
It's an incredibly intelligent and well written show. Sorry if you couldn't see past the awkwardness and odd artstyle.

It's one of the strongest slice of life series I've seen, by far.

☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆

watch nodame cantabile

Nov 1, 2015 4:47 AM
....I enjoyed the music....and dancing....that was it...."well written show" is stretching it a bit eh....I need you to go watch episode 7 again...

Nov 1, 2015 7:51 AM
Kanohane said:
....I enjoyed the music....and dancing....that was it...."well written show" is stretching it a bit eh....I need you to go watch episode 7 again...
Just because it's awkward doesn't mean it's bad. The rest of the show was well done.

☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆

watch nodame cantabile

Dec 16, 2015 9:45 PM
Ai-katsu! Ai-katsu!

Okay this...this is actually really fun so far. Loved the student council performance (reminded me of Dance with Devils, except not sadistic). Hoshitani is really likable so far, straightforward and takes complete advantage of opportunities by thinking outside of the box. Nayuki is undeniably cute, reminds me of Nagisa from Free.

I knew I'd hear Sawabe Junichi somewhere in there. At this point his voice is the definition of male sexiness in the industry.
"Tyger Tyger"

Feb 9, 2016 9:53 PM
It's not that bad at all, I was just sort of surprised with their extravagant singing and dancing introductions lol. The animation is okay as well

Apr 22, 2016 1:08 PM
im in love with guys and the style of the dance group.
and kinda like a yaoi lol

May 14, 2016 5:26 AM
well that was ................. boring. -____-

nvm. I really can't handle Idol animes. I just can't take their super 2D vibes and stick-figure dancing seriously. lmao

DmonHiro said:
Wow... so freaking gay. Why can't they make these shows where the males at least act a LITTLE like a guy would. You can't bet much more beta then these guys.

I agree, even as a female watcher, I'd like my man-meat animu boyas to be well manlier. smh
Not really GAR manly... but umm.. Danshi Koukousei no Nichijou manly. yeah. :V *sigh*
Modified by Thug_Gou, May 14, 2016 5:30 AM

Apr 9, 10:45 AM
I knew I'd hear great music and that didn't disappioint thought that random performance but the Kao Council made me laugh like there's no tomorrow.

Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]