Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Post New Reply
Poll: High School Star Musical Episode 1 Discussion

Oct 5, 2015 8:20 AM
News Team
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
New school year, then IN song immediately. Then audition. The list says the main guy is not passed, but somehow Suwabe-san's character saw something in him (Probably was sempai-kouhai from previous school?).

The first guy he met and became friend is also his roommate.

It seems like Hosoya-san's character is already a pro.

I thought the part with the main guy singing was ED, but actually the one later.

Wow, nice result. Practice starts next ep.

Wasn't planning to post any comment, but decided to for this time (not sure if I will in the future).
Modified by _Ghost_, Oct 23, 2015 8:37 AM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!

Oct 5, 2015 8:52 AM
News Team
Felt more like an intro episode of the guys and not too exciting. The music seems sub-par but so for some reason, the song at the end was kinda amusing.

Oct 5, 2015 10:43 AM

It was one good episode.

Hoshitani and Nayuki are roommates.

Nice to see the results at the end after the ending credit.
Fan of Kirito X Asuna pairing.

Oct 5, 2015 10:56 AM

The designs irk me a bit :(
The dances and songs were nice thou, can't wait for when peole upload their versions online XD

Oct 5, 2015 10:58 AM
Thank god the dancing in this wasn't done with CGI. I was pretty dissatisfied with UtaPri season 2 because the music wasn't as good anymore and they made the dancing in the ED CGI. From what I've seen so far of Star Musical, I have high hopes. The voice acting is good, the animation is cute, and the music is great as well.

Oct 5, 2015 11:12 AM

First drop of the season,managed 6 mins.

Wasn't terrible but know this'll just end up being a waste of time if I continue watching.

"I have a tendency to watch shit,just look at majority of my currently watching list." -Me2016

Oct 5, 2015 11:18 AM
News Team
Overkilled Red

The main characters introduced so far are either very pompous or docile, which I'm not really fond of. On top of that, they somehow managed to make it to a Star team already. Yuta's dance appeal is understandable which Otori took note of, but what about the others? They didn't seem to stand out all that much, so why were they chosen?

Hopefully, it won't leave out the character developments just to get the main leads to perform together. Well if not anything, the soundtracks should turn out decent at least, since Ken Arai is on charge.

Oct 5, 2015 11:29 AM

I laughed my ass off when the Kou Council started dancing and sining. I have to say that this wasn't as bad as expected. I am not sure if i am going to finish this

Oct 5, 2015 11:36 AM

So it's kinda a ritual for the Ootori team to start dancing and singing in front of the whole school every morning? lol XD

Nayuki is so cute! He has twin sisters? Hosoyan character is the typical talented guy who deems everyone is beneath him. Kinda curious what made Suwabe character choose the main guy

Animation feels lame :l

I cringed

Oct 5, 2015 11:38 AM

Nice first episode! I really like the shy guy Nayuki I think?
"What has two arms, two legs, and is alive? Not your favorite character thats for sure!"

Oct 5, 2015 12:43 PM

Oh my goodness I really like the MC (Cv: Hanaeeeeee) and the first episode was pretty decent. Not too amazing but not bad either. Some parts really made me lol too. I feel like this is one of those animes that takes itself seriously to the point it's ridiculously funny (case and point that dancing seen in front of the school LOL). Overall liking the ED more than opening but the insert songs more than the OPED hahaha

Curious about the rest of the cast though. Went to their official website to read some of them but it didn't show much. First thought Hoshitani was gonna be some hyper overly optimistic person but I'm glad that's not the case. So far Red haired, Kaneki-look-a-like (lol irony), and Nayuki seems a bit generic but I hope they improve. Hoping it has great character development and moar music <3

Oct 5, 2015 1:29 PM

Well not the best first episode, but I like the premise of the story being the failures will get a shot at stardom.

Plus all I had to hear was Itsuki's voice and that will keep me watching til the end. It's funny how his mannerisms and personality are just like Ren's from UtaPri! (Same VA even)

This isn't the best musical anime so far, but it has potential. I liked the songs, the characters, and the story premise. Not the best of the season, but definitely not the worst either!
So glad that I'm not a huge manga reader, because the manga readers WHINE WAY TOO MUCH and have to RUIN every adapted anime for the ANIME ONLY WATCHERS!

Oct 5, 2015 1:35 PM
phoe_enix said:
Hosoyan character is the typical talented guy who deems everyone is beneath him.

fuck me
when will Hosoyan stop voicing assholes?! he is so much better than this
Modified by stand, Oct 5, 2015 1:43 PM

Oct 5, 2015 2:00 PM

VanishingKira said:
First drop of the season,managed 6 mins.

Wasn't terrible but know this'll just end up being a waste of time if I continue watching.

Exactly how I felt. Not my my cup of tea lol

Edit: Yea I know, totally my fault for not reading the description before jumping into it lol
Modified by Bikdu866, Oct 5, 2015 2:04 PM

Oct 5, 2015 2:14 PM

I can't stop laughing at how genuinely terrible this is. It's the new Makura no Danshi. Your Mondays need never be free of terrible shoujo guys ever again.

Seriously though, I feel like this was only entertaining for entirely the wrong reasons. Like that one Kabuki guy that was up his own ass.
"I'm not someone commoners can speak to so familiarly. Come back when you've gained some status, you boor."
That's a real thing he actually said.
Fuck me.
I'm going home.

Plus there's that weird albino guy that only speaks in intermittent Engrish.

And their uniforms have brown flares. These guys were meant to be considered sexy, right?

Also the songs aren't good. They're so overly bad. Idk how these guys aren't getting dizzy during them either, since the only dance move they all seem to know is SPIN! I SPIN BECAUSE I'M FABULOUS!

Oct 5, 2015 2:22 PM

Everything felt... Bland. Especially the music.
This ship is canon and no one can convince me otherwise.

Oct 5, 2015 2:47 PM

I guess everyone posting is probably a guy. It's a SHOUJO guys. It's supposed to appeal to girls, not guys xD. I'm a straight girl, and this is hella 'fan service' for me and I'm loving it. We have to put up with ecchi most of the time, where it isn't even needed, which doesn't offer me anything, so deal with it xD.

I have a soft spot for all music anime, really, and this one is no exception. It'll probably be my guilty pleasure if it continues at this pace. (Not using CGI was an excellent choice).

Oct 5, 2015 3:22 PM

Nayuki's cute as fuck. Picked up.

Oct 5, 2015 3:25 PM
Anime Moderator
stand said:
phoe_enix said:
Hosoyan character is the typical talented guy who deems everyone is beneath him.

fuck me
when will Hosoyan stop voicing assholes?! he is so much better than this

Agreed...was not expecting his character to be an utter douche =_= "I'm better than everyone else here," then why the fuck you here in the first place.

Well I'm not expecting this to be as nice and relaxing as ShoHolly, so we'll see how this goes. It was alright so far, I definitely started cracking up when the council started dancing and singing. I'll be staying for Nacchan and OnoKen's singing though, and I love Maeno and Suwabe too. I would include Hosoyan in here but too bad his character. Maybe Kakeru will get better though, since he looks cute and playful in one of the visuals.

Oct 5, 2015 3:38 PM

I almost died in second-hand embarrassment for the first few minutes. Music is disappointingly average so far (not really fond of main guy's voice). Characters seem quite dull, so here's to hoping for next episode.

Oct 5, 2015 3:39 PM

YEAAAAAAH
THIS WILL BE MY MAKURA NO DANSHI OF THE SEASON
I was laughing so much, the dancing moves were amazingly bizarre.
AOTS, I'm calling it now!!

Oct 5, 2015 3:41 PM

Oh I loved this. It's nice to watch something cute and lighthearted once in a while. The boys are really cute haha. And yay they made it into the star group (how unexpectedxD)
Can't wait for the next episode!

Oct 5, 2015 3:57 PM

This was actually a decent first episode, I was surprised by how much I enjoyed it! (Yeah, the Kou Council dancing sort of made me cringe but it was good comic relief, so.)

Honestly, my biggest criticism about the show is that I feel like the main cast of characters is almost completely comprised of clichés and tropes that have been overdone in male idol series, but this has only been the first episode so maybe--hopefully--I'm wrong about that.

One last thing I'll say is that my favourite part of Starmyu so far has been the guys' faces. They're all really attractive, especially my favourites, Tsukigami and Kuga lol.
Modified by chisuru, Oct 5, 2015 5:10 PM

Oct 5, 2015 4:34 PM

Not that bad. Some boys are cute and the songs are nice. Will never beat UtaPri, though.

Oct 5, 2015 5:10 PM

I'm not into musicals at all- but I didn't mind the music.
Noticed at some of the side-angles with the guy with glasses, he was missing part of his glasses. Alright then.
Also the school bell-thing kind of reminds me of announcements on a cruise ship.

I'll continue this.

Oct 5, 2015 5:56 PM
Your Master

I admit that my main reason to watch this was to get my soul cleaned of butts and "plot" with bishies...... and even while cringing this was better than expected. True I was expecting more impact from the songs or the characters..... but seeing as UtaPri last time was so disappointing... this, for it's first episode, was better.... Also a bit random with the student council suddenly dancing and everything going so fast. But let's have nice expectations from this......

..... And it's an all boys school right? Right? So we have green light to ship x with x and y with y and all the alphabet and numbers possible??? I mean.... I really need a break from all that fan service with girls skin and no original personality -_-

Oct 5, 2015 6:42 PM

The music is pretty sub par. I think I liked the Kao Council's song the most because they had both Hirarin and Suwabe. :P But the choreography kinda makes me laugh xD

This was a decent first episode. They built up a lot of the things that would happen in the next few episodes already. We know a bit about each character (except the purple haired boy). Main boy (voiced by Natsuki Hanae) seems like the typical sunshine center boy like Otoya (from Utapri). And the quiet/shy boy (voiced by Ono Kensho) feels like Haruichi (from Daiya no Ace) which is weird because Natsuki Hanae is doing the main boy here????

This didn't feel like Utapri or Shohari but more like Kamigami no Asobi (school setting) and La Corda Blue Sky (group and competition setting) instead.

Anyway, yeah it was okay so far~

Sonnetica said:
Music is disappointingly average so far (not really fond of main guy's voice). Characters seem quite dull, so here's to hoping for next episode.

Yeah, most of the time in male idol anime, the center character is the least interesting, voice wise.

☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆

watch nodame cantabile

Oct 5, 2015 7:07 PM

Well that was.. interesting. Music didn't really impress though. Hmm we'll see where this goes.

Oct 5, 2015 7:45 PM
LOL. wtf. This honestly really reminds me of high school musical. Where they just start singing and dance for no dam reason.

Kao council just performs in front of everyone loll. this honestly cracked me up.

Oct 5, 2015 7:47 PM

Ranoom said:
LOL. wtf. This honestly really reminds me of high school musical. Where they just start singing and dance for no dam reason.

That's what...a musical... is xD

☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆

watch nodame cantabile

Oct 5, 2015 7:47 PM
mayukachan said:
Ranoom said:

That's what...a musical... is xD

true true. gues i should've payed attention my bad.

Oct 5, 2015 7:53 PM
La Completionist

Yeah, how come my student council doesn't break out in song and dance? :/

About what I expected, it's not bad so far. Tengenji is so rude, but I like Kaito.

Oct 5, 2015 8:14 PM

omg i'm gonna watch this for the lols

Oct 5, 2015 8:49 PM

Honestly wasn't even planning on giving this a try but it was all right. I suppose I'll see how it goes.
Insert philosophical quote or exceptional picture here.

Oct 5, 2015 9:11 PM
I was overjoyed when I caught a glimpse of the gakuran thinking that it's Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei..., only to be thrown off the ephemeral bliss immediately at distinct recognition. T^T

Oct 5, 2015 9:24 PM

Kaito's pretty cool. I don't really like this show that much, honestly. Nice that it has music.
It's time you look inward and begin asking yourself the big question, "Who are you, and what do you want?" - Uncle Iroh

Oct 5, 2015 9:32 PM

It was nice, nothing impressive yet but should be pretty fun to watch
The music was okay

Oct 5, 2015 10:46 PM

ehh.. not liking it so far

Oct 5, 2015 10:51 PM

smh at people like VanishingKira who clearly just don't like this type of anime. It wasn't bad or anything. Obviously you won't like it if it's not your preferred genre. (Why'd you even watch it in the first place?) The animation was pretty good--thank goodness for no CG (*cough* Love Live)!--and the music was standard for this kind of anime, so I had no problems with it.

That being said, I don't have the best track record with musical boys anime. I'm not normally a fan (looking at you, UtaPri). I wouldn't be surprised if I dropped this one eventually, but for now, it's enjoyable enough. I wasn't expecting ground-breaking music, so I have no complaints. The music honestly sounds like most average EXILE songs.

Oct 5, 2015 10:54 PM

well this wasn't even that bad, and pretty funny too, though i think i laughed for the wrong reasons. :p
the guy voiced by suwabe is going to be best boy, calling it now.

Oct 5, 2015 11:07 PM

In the beginning I couldn't help but giggle, I found it so cheesy xD Half way through though, I was quite interested in the episode. It gave a good little intro to the characters. Overall, pretty good first ep. ^.^

Oct 6, 2015 12:14 AM
so lame and cheesy...urghh

Oct 6, 2015 12:17 AM

The first episode cracked me up. Enjoyable. Will watch next ep to see. 😄😄

Oct 6, 2015 12:42 AM

Looks interesting. I hope for some good character development.

Oh, pitiful shadow cloaked in darkness.
Thy actions cause men pain and suffering.
Thy hollow soul drowns in thy sins.
How would you like to see what death is like?
-Enma Ai

Oct 6, 2015 1:26 AM
made me cringe a little, also the faces look a little lifeless, but i'll still continue. Music was great.
Modified by walldotfm, Oct 6, 2015 1:31 AM

Oct 6, 2015 2:48 AM

No CG, yayy! I enjoyed this episode, plus this season half of the series seems to be ecchi so this one could be a nice quid pro quo.
Besides, I'm a simple girl. I hear Yoshimasa Hosoya voice acting, I press like.

Oct 6, 2015 3:13 AM
I really like it since I'm really into idol groups (Uta Puri and Shounen Hollywood). The seiyuu lineup are also my favorites so I'll definitely watch this.

Oct 6, 2015 3:13 AM

Watch this out of curiosity. Lol cant stop cringing.
Music is quite decent. absolutely love the ending.

lol when did Rei~chan (free!!) went into musical.. cant stop lmao
Hirakawa you never stop amusing me xD

Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »