Sep 2015
One Piece is the best

HxH is second

Try to finish the Arlong-arc(39 ep) if you don´t like it until then
it´s most likely just not your cup of tea
Oct 5, 2015 6:05 AM

Jan 2014
geralt said:
HxH 2011 is too inconsistent for it to be considered the best. If it remained as good as the phantom troupe, I'd agree, but in reality it has too many lows. When even its most praised arc starts with an undewhelming 25 episodes or so, it cant match up to other contenders which were solid all the way thtough.

This.

One Piece, FMA and Rurouni Kenshin are better for me, while I'd put Naruto (with a little edge over), AoT and Magi on par with it.

They are more consistent. One Piece offers a wider variety of interesting characters and locations. OP and FMA have more intricate plots and the events allow for greater circumstances.
All 3 provide a wider variety of emotions, from some of the funniest stuff in anime to some of the saddest.
"Let Justice Be Done!"

My Theme
Fight again, fight again for justice!
Oct 5, 2015 6:23 AM

Jul 2013
You wont find better writing then the Chimera ant arc especially within WSJ
Oct 5, 2015 6:31 AM
Mar 2012
megamachine said:
Valourtore said:

What is it about Soul Eater that makes it stand out from the likes of Naruto, Bleach etc

I never said stand out, I said I think is one of the best. Maybe the reason is because I watched a lot of shounen and also I am an adult, so if find the way It is drawn and the impression it gives that it doesn't take itself to seriously very attractive.

Naruto/bleach/fairy tail/Dragon ball Z/saint seiya/zenki/ I have watched them all and other old ones too, and they are all pretty similar.

One piede/dragon ball 1 are also very good because they don't take themselves (from my view) too seriously and have the PLUS of the adventure and that makes them more interesting

I agree that the art, or at lest the art style in particular is great for Soul Eater but honestly it never did anything interesting enough for me to really get into it in the 16 or so eps I watched and Black Star was one of the most annoying main characters I have ever seen in an anime and unfortunately the other cast doesn't do enough to balance that...I have heard that it gets more interesting but what I saw of it felt like it was aimed at a younger audience which just didn't work for me.

On the other-hand I loved D.Gray-man which is similar in terms of having a nice art style but being quite generic especially at the start...

Right now I am enjoying Shokugeki no Soma just because it feels very different to other recent shounen's in both art (more technical ability) and setting.

HxH I have yet to give a go...but calling anything the best shounen is such a big claim that it's hard to make it. It's like saying something is the best YA book ever written - it's pretty hard to defend that title against every random series.
Oct 5, 2015 6:31 AM

Nov 2010
Squirtroll said:
IntroverTurtle said:
Yes and having better worlds, stories, characters, etc does.

I can understand One Piece but Naruto? ROFLMAO. Naruto is like 75% filler and when you get a real episode, half of it is flashbacks.
Yes Naruto, and exaggerations don't help much. It is like 45% filler but even with that holding it back I'd say it's still overall better than HxH which hasn't had nearly the same amount and quality of highs as Naruto has had even just counting Naruto's first series which is almost half filler.
Oct 5, 2015 6:35 AM

Sep 2015
nope. im at episode 40 atm and it's good , but not great. can't understand all those 10/10s.

personally i still think the filler-cleaned version of bleach is the best (long running) shounen (from my list). the genre is all about awesome fights and i haven't seen a better one than ichigo vs ulquiorra

gave bleach a 7,5 and i think that's fair

Mod Edit: Removed quote of deleted post.
_Ghost_Oct 6, 2015 5:42 AM

Oct 5, 2015 7:01 AM
Oct 2011
Squirtroll said:

Please don't put Bleach and Naruto in the same sentence with One Piece.
All 3 are shit. One Piece suffer from the same problems the other 2 do, whether it's stupid nakama power or sudden powerups because plot-armor or fillers or an atrocious pace.

_Ghost_Oct 6, 2015 5:43 AM
Oct 5, 2015 9:44 AM
Oct 2012
Also...what is WSJ? =0

Well that aside, I've had a short look at Magi but have nothing conclusive yet to be drawn...between Usagi Drop and renderings there isn't much time.

_Ghost_Oct 6, 2015 5:44 AM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 5, 2015 10:03 AM

May 2015
Valourtore said:

Naruto is good for most part until after the death of the First Hokage; the story seems to dilute and their powers get more and more absurd over time. Then again it's been a while (5 years) and I would maybe give it another go...
=

Naruto has been bad since timeskip

HxH has easy to pickout flaws, but it's still great. The election arc is amazing even though greed island is still "Meh".

One Piece has been consistent for 800 chapters so that's pretty nice. Haven't read/watched much, but JoJo's pretty nice too. I'm still reading part 5, so only time will tell if it keeps up it's consistency.

Naruto filler brings it really really down, but even without it it's still been awful since the pain arc. Which was what, 6 years ago? Yeah.

Candor said:
doesn't erase the fact that it's the best written arc in WSJ to date. The content of the Chimera Ant arc almost had the writing of a legitimate novel not a shitty shounen jump manga, whether in its storytelling, themes, or how things started/concluded. It just happened to be in WSJ.

There exist people who like Chimera Ant? O.O? I'm not alone!

idk about best written arc in wsj though, aside from greed island it's the worst of the series lol

But it's still pretty good.

The election arc is like...ten times better alone though.
ashfrliebertOct 5, 2015 10:08 AM
ゴロゴロゴロ ゴロゴロゴロ ゴロゴロゴロ ゴロゴロゴロ ゴゴゴゴゴゴ ゴゴゴゴゴゴ ゴゴゴゴゴゴ
Oct 5, 2015 10:15 AM
Oct 2012
ashfrliebert said:
Valourtore said:

Naruto is good for most part until after the death of the First Hokage; the story seems to dilute and their powers get more and more absurd over time. Then again it's been a while (5 years) and I would maybe give it another go...
=

Naruto has been bad since timeskip

HxH has easy to pickout flaws, but it's still great. The election arc is amazing even though greed island is still "Meh".

One Piece has been consistent for 800 chapters so that's pretty nice. Haven't read/watched much, but JoJo's pretty nice too. I'm still reading part 5, so only time will tell if it keeps up it's consistency.

Naruto filler brings it really really down, but even without it it's still been awful since the pain arc. Which was what, 6 years ago? Yeah.

Candor said:
doesn't erase the fact that it's the best written arc in WSJ to date. The content of the Chimera Ant arc almost had the writing of a legitimate novel not a shitty shounen jump manga, whether in its storytelling, themes, or how things started/concluded. It just happened to be in WSJ.

There exist people who like Chimera Ant? O.O? I'm not alone!

idk about best written arc in wsj though, aside from greed island it's the worst of the series lol

But it's still pretty good.

The election arc is like...ten times better alone though.

I concur with Greed Island being a mediocre arc...

The only reason I can imagine Togashi putting that in is to act as an emotional buffer (or amplifier) by juxtaposing it (and its more jovial flavour) right before the dark tone of the Chimera Ant arc.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 5, 2015 10:16 AM

Jan 2015
I'm struggling to finish HxH.. thats third time I'm giving it a try :(
Oct 5, 2015 10:18 AM
Oct 2012
pufonD said:

=0 Where are you now? Tossing a lifesaver overboard.

Edit: I notice you decided to watch the first adaptation instead of the 2011 one? I have no experience with that adaptation and have no idea how well it might have been made. And where is episode 27 in the grand scheme of things?
Oct 5, 2015 10:19 AM

Jan 2015
Valourtore said:
pufonD said:

Episode 27 or so ?
Oct 5, 2015 10:22 AM
Oct 2012
pufonD said:
Valourtore said:

Episode 27 or so ?

I personally find the Chimera Ant arc to be the hallmark of HxH...and that arc is missing from the first adaptation...

Still, are you anywhere close to the Phantom Troupe arc yet (you will know)? People seem to agree that this arc is when HxH truly begins to shine.
Oct 5, 2015 10:24 AM

Jan 2015
Valourtore said:
pufonD said:

Episode 27 or so ?

I personally find the Chimera Ant arc to be the hallmark of HxH...and that arc is missing from the first adaptation...

Still, are you anywhere close to the Phantom Troupe arc yet (you will know)? People seem to agree that this arc is when HxH truly begins to shine.

Nah, I believe last time I watched it Gon was being beaten the shit out of him by that Ninja guy which made my eyes roll through most of the episode
Oct 5, 2015 10:27 AM
Oct 2012
pufonD said:
Valourtore said:

Nah, I believe last time I watched it Gon was being beaten the shit out of him by that Ninja guy which made my eyes roll through most of the episode

Argh, I would have to say that you are missing about 70% of the whole point of watching a battle shounen like HxH then...

You have not yet discovered Nen!
Oct 5, 2015 10:49 AM
Apr 2015
FMA:B must finish amazingly, because I'm nearly 50 episodes in and I have absolutely no idea how it could be placed in the same category as a One Piece, for example. It's surely subjective in many ways, but there's very little emotional depth to me, the fight scenes are possibly the worst of any anime I've ever watched (which admittedly isn't a huge array), the story is OK (not great), and the 'verse itself isn't really that amazing.

I'm still only like 300-400 episodes into One Piece as well, but from what I've seen of that it's lightyears ahead of Brotherhood, in my own opinion. What exactly makes it so highly rated?
Oct 5, 2015 10:52 AM

Jun 2015
There is nothing close to HXH in terms of world building and shounen type as i see fit if there is any feel free to recommend me something but it is also one of the show's with so many questions yet so few episodes while BIG shounen like fairytail,Naruto get's all the filler's they want and their mangaka isn't ill and have many material what a cruel world we live in why does the good one's die first?
CLICK ME!
Oct 5, 2015 10:57 AM

Jun 2015
It isn't the best but it's better than One Piece, Fairy Tail, Naruto, Bleach and others. However I like FMA more
Oct 5, 2015 11:01 AM
Oct 2012
lxlicybulletlxl said:
FMA:B must finish amazingly, because I'm nearly 50 episodes in and I have absolutely no idea how it could be placed in the same category as a One Piece, for example. It's surely subjective in many ways, but there's very little emotional depth to me, the fight scenes are possibly the worst of any anime I've ever watched (which admittedly isn't a huge array), the story is OK (not great), and the 'verse itself isn't really that amazing.

I'm still only like 300-400 episodes into One Piece as well, but from what I've seen of that it's lightyears ahead of Brotherhood, in my own opinion. What exactly makes it so highly rated?

Similar to you I found many of the so called emotional moments in FMAB to be simply huge letdowns. Maybe hype is not good for the heart after all.

Still, when you complete FMAB there is a bliss that comes over you. Finally, an anime has an end. An end that doesn't ask more out of you, but rather lets you think back and realise in retrospect that really, the journey wasn't perfect, but it started somewhere, had obstacles somewhere, and then ended like proper stories would.
Oct 5, 2015 11:07 AM

Jun 2014
lxlicybulletlxl said:
the fight scenes are possibly the worst of any anime I've ever watched
What? Are you going to tell me that OP's fights are better than FMAB's?
Oct 5, 2015 11:12 AM
Oct 2012
Namaywa said:
There is nothing close to HXH in terms of world building and shounen type as i see fit if there is any feel free to recommend me something but it is also one of the show's with so many questions yet so few episodes while BIG shounen like fairytail,Naruto get's all the filler's they want and their mangaka isn't ill and have many material what a cruel world we live in why does the good one's die first?

I can attest to this somewhat being a creator myself...

A masterstroke is always hard to follow. People expect wonders from you in its aftermath. Its creation demands time, spirit and lonely nights in regularity. Then you must impart something else into your work; the bit of you that is best everyday (your zenith, the peak of your creative prowess) goes into it. It must then go through many refinements; many more refinements than an average work would've. The refinery is your mind; your cynical side the refiner. The pure liquid gold must then be cast into perfection - phase two of the whole creative process begins anew. And the best bit? You know in your heart that good won't cut it. It has to be great. And better than the last.

If none of this matters to you then you probably won't be churning out anything truly worth its weight. Or maybe you have settled into complacency, believing that you have God-given talent and that you deserve to be great without work.

Through all this, the confines of time, of family, of love, of deadlines and sleepless days chip slowly away at your creative soul.

Eventually, it too will protest. And then you would've lost your reason to create.
Oct 5, 2015 3:56 PM

Jan 2014
pufonD said:

If you are watching the first adaptation, just drop it. It's one of the most boring I've watched and 1 of the only 2 anime I've dropped. The 2011 version is way better.

Also, the start is slow, one of the slowest in anime, but since you've watched most of it in the 99 version, you can just start from where you left off.
Granted your complaint about the beating never goes away. If you don't mind un-specific spoilers

Also, the arcs that get the most praise are Yorknew which is pretty close to where you are. Just a really short arc considered the worst, then another short one considered okay to go through.
Greed Island is also pretty boring, but the arc after that is pretty controversial. You may love it or hate it depending on what you look for.

All in all, a lot of the praise comes from people who think it's so much different from other shounen (it's really not, but different = good for them), and mostly from the 2 arcs I mentioned. The second one gets a lot of praise for a specific character, so you can look out for that too.

Namaywa said:

Actually, I find HxH to be one of the most disappointing when it comes to worldbuilding. It promises a lot and delivers little. Many of the locations they go to are unexplored or just replicas of typical settings with little to distinguish them. We see little of native creatures, customs or even many organizations. It also doesn't have nearly as much of a mystery aspect to defining events of the world or history of characters. Naruto is much better in that regard.
FMA and One Piece are the best when it comes to shounen worldbuilding though.

Mod Edit: Merged duplicated posts; please use the edit button.
_Ghost_Oct 6, 2015 5:46 AM
"Let Justice Be Done!"

My Theme
Fight again, fight again for justice!
Oct 5, 2015 10:12 PM

May 2015
FloatingIdiot said:
HxH isn't really a battle shounen. It's written mostly to a shounen demographic but the focus isn't on battles. That's why I see comparing it to stuff like YYH as apples and oranges. Personally, HxH is my favorite anime and don't really think I like the battle shounen genre.

The focus of battle shonen is never(usually) primarily on the battles itself, but what leads up to it. And IIRC, HXH has battles pretty much every arc.

One Piece is about pirates not martial artists, but uh, I would personally classify it as battle shonen.

Is battles a primary element? Is it shonen? It's battle shonen. Hunter x Hunter has a battle system. It's a battle shonen posterboy.
ashfrliebertOct 5, 2015 10:16 PM
ゴロゴロゴロ ゴロゴロゴロ ゴロゴロゴロ ゴロゴロゴロ ゴゴゴゴゴゴ ゴゴゴゴゴゴ ゴゴゴゴゴゴ
Oct 5, 2015 10:44 PM

Jun 2011
HxH 2011 is like 99% of the (badly paced) LN adaptions out there, and 1999 is the Rokka of Hunter x Hunter anime, not in term of perfect 1 for 1 adaption, but a good example of good pacing. I guess that's why Rokka and HxH 1999 couldn't survive this generation. Bleh.

lxlicybulletlxl said:

Don't get your hope up, the final 'arc' was pretty bad.
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Oct 5, 2015 11:55 PM

Sep 2012
Maybe? The series' high point was yorkshin, but it never really matched that arc again.
Chimera ant arc was close, but felt dragged out at times, had random characters, and underwhelming fights. Shippuden post Hidan and Kakuzu arc is also great, but being plauged with terrible filler, incompetent directors/team, and a slow start makes it easy for people to ignore it's great qualities. Naruto's saving grace from this is the characters, villians, fights, and story progression, which it does better than bleach, op, fairy tail, and even HxH at times though, so it has that going for it. Brotherhood is also as good as HxH. YYH is the best shonen ever though tbh.

Oh maybe, maybe it's the clothes we wear
The tasteless bracelets and the dye in our hair
Or maybe, maybe it's our nowhere towns or our nothing places
But we're trash, you and me
We're the litter on the breeze
We're the lovers on the streets
Just trash, me and you
It's in everything we do
It's in everything we do

Oct 6, 2015 12:01 AM

Aug 2015
Shounen is not limited to: One Piece, Full Metall Alchemist, Fairy Tail, Bleach, Dragon Ball, D Gray Man or Hunter X Hunter. There exist: Slam Dunk, Hajime No Ipo, Trigun, Beta X, Saint Seiya, Yuyu Hakusho, and Mahou Sensei Negima (The manga at the half part is exelent)

Also if Sakura Card Captor (shoujo) would be shounen, would kik HxH ass. We should consider shojo as well because it is for girls of the same age as shounen
Oct 6, 2015 12:21 AM

Jul 2014
I love one pice, but it just isn't as good as FamB or HxH. I think they're the best shonen animes, but HxH is better in my opinion.
Oct 6, 2015 4:23 AM
Apr 2015
Agafin said:
lxlicybulletlxl said:
the fight scenes are possibly the worst of any anime I've ever watched
What? Are you going to tell me that OP's fights are better than FMAB's?

I could point to fights that I absolutely loved from One Piece, Luffy vs. Lucci being the most recent I've seen and probably the best of the series thus far (once again, only a few hundred episodes in). The fights in FMA:B are typically very short, filled with a ton of "funny" moments like them joking about Ed's height, and not really that intense or with much depth other than a few surprise counter-attacks here and there.

I mean, I enjoy the show, and the fighting isn't like "Oh God I hope this ends," but if I had to compare it to watching them fight in One Piece then I'll take pretty much all of Luffy's fights over anything I've seen in FMA:B so far. I prefer Bleach's fights to One Piece. Idk, I'm going based mainly on what I enjoyed watching so I don't have any objective reasons why they're better to me they just were way more intense and enjoyable to me personally.
Oct 6, 2015 5:48 AM

Jan 2013
Thread Cleaned

Removed simple listing posts, please include why you think HxH is the best, or why x show/s is better than HxH.
_Ghost_Oct 6, 2015 6:16 AM
Dec 25, 2015 1:25 AM

Nov 2015
FMA 2003 series is better. Better cast of characters, more depth and philosophy and a surprisingly mature atmosphere, especially for a shonen anime. Though HxH is still a solid shonen.
I've seen a bit of One Piece and it's mediocre at best. Worldbuilding is good if nothing else.
sugasweetnitmareDec 25, 2015 1:29 AM
✧༝┉˚*❋ ❋*˚┉༝✧

鼻をくすぐるGunpowder & Smoke
ジャララ飛び交うEmpty gun cartridges
紅いヒールに見惚れて うっかり風穴欲しいヤツは 挙手をしな

・゚✧*:・゚✧ 🍰 ଘ(੭*ˊᵕˋ)੭* ੈ♡‧₊˚

✧༝┉˚*❋ ❋*˚┉༝✧

Dec 29, 2015 2:16 PM

Aug 2014
It's great, but the arcs were a hit or miss for me quite often.
Dec 29, 2015 3:40 PM
Dec 2015
I would say its the best and Ive been watching Shonen for a long time, recently posted a youtube video about why: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EY3deSWuO58
Jan 3, 2016 6:10 PM
Aug 2014
Aria is my favorite Shounen anime.
Jan 3, 2016 6:20 PM
Jul 2018
Kona_Kana said:
And Cory in the House is mine.

OT: Neither the original adaptation nor the remake qualify as best in my opinion, but it's damn close. I think Fullmetal is a hell of a lot better, it just feels a lot more inspired.

If the damn series wouldn't end with so many unanswered questions, then maybe I'd consider it the best. It's definitely my favorite shounen manga though.
Jan 3, 2016 6:21 PM
Aug 2014
GreenSoap said:
Kona_Kana said:
And Cory in the House is mine.

OT: Neither the original adaptation nor the remake qualify as best in my opinion, but it's damn close. I think Fullmetal is a hell of a lot better, it just feels a lot more inspired.

If the damn series wouldn't end with so many unanswered questions, then maybe I'd consider it the best. It's definitely my favorite shounen manga though.

Aria is actually considered Shounen though.
Jan 3, 2016 6:25 PM
Jul 2018
Kona_Kana said:
Aria is actually considered Shounen though.
The manga, yes. But we're not talking about manga here.
Jan 3, 2016 6:36 PM

Sep 2014
HXH is easily the best shounen anime out there, but I don't even consider it a shounen.

Most people said that the begging is boring while they were running through the tunnel and shit, but nope. I was loving the series when I saw that little green fucker named gon catch that big ass fish. I'm like this right here is going to be the best shounen ever. The you got that one fat ass trying to poison the rookies, like what the fuck lol "RUUUUKIE CRUSHER"

Then You saw Gon's undying spirit while that ninja was giving him an ass beating that his dad never was able to give him. Like ging be the worst fucking father. Bitch straight up abandoned his son. Like Gon was lucky though. If he had a good father he wouldn't be able to relate with Gohan.

Then that boy you love named Gon who was innocent as shit become friends with a fucking child psychopath, and by the end of the series become so fucked up in the head all Gon could think of was ripping that genderless puppet looking ass cat's head off.
Jan 3, 2016 6:53 PM

Dec 2015
I'm not sure if it is the best but it is definitely a top-tier shounen. It is up there with FMAB. However I rate FMAB higher perhaps because it is a completed story and it is as if the mangaka wrote the manga with a complete story already in mind (if that makes sense) so everything was tied up very nicely. I personally also like One Piece but am very aware it is not the best shounen or even one of the best- it is just something I enjoy. Gintama is also IMO an excellent shounen but it is not for those who crave constant action.
Jan 3, 2016 8:36 PM

Mar 2014
Lolnope.

Obvious FMA:B is the goat of Shonen is obvious.
Jan 4, 2016 11:41 AM

Dec 2014
hunter x hunter 1999 : easily best shounen out there

in the second place : fma & the hxh 2011

and why is the 90s version is better ? it because Kazuhiro Furuhashi
Jan 4, 2016 11:44 AM
Jul 2018
oscar8784 said:
and why is the 90s version is better ? it because Kazuhiro Furuhashi
lol couldn't have said it better myself c:
Jan 30, 2016 12:54 PM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
Gintama's great. But it's 60% comedy and 40% action
Mar 22, 2016 8:30 PM

Jul 2015
Sparteh said:
HxH - the WORST SHOUNEN I HAVE EVER SEEN!

I will never understand why does it have this high rating. NEVER
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xnt5zE-Cu1A Here is your reason
Sup...
May 1, 2016 8:52 PM

Feb 2011
When people compare worldbuilding in HxH to others like Naruto or OP, keep in mind how much less space HxH has had to work with. It has 351 chapters to Naruto's 700 and OP's 800+. Imo, OP's world building didnt get particularly noticeable until you reach around Enies Lobby and start seeing more of the marines and World Government. For Naruto, that wasnt until far into the time skip when you see significantly more of the other villages (you saw the Sand a bit in the Chunin exams but that was it). In contrast, HxH has had many less chapters which is one reason its worldbuilding may appear less than the others. Imo, its fine since its characters and focus shines better overall.

I think one other big plus HxH has over other battle shonens is the intelligence it approaches its battles with. Unlike shows like Naruto or Bleach where characters straight out explain abilities and powers, HxH makes keeping powers a secret, deductions, and strategies prebattle far more important and meaningful. And it has less pure "willpower" moments like OP where the characters win with their tenacity and determination and more to do with cleverness. I think thats why I like it more as a battle shonen.

Some people have brought up other shows like FMA/Brotherhood. Imo, this one is better with some fights and clever in some ways, but I have always found HxH to be the more intelligent series. FMA isnt unintelligent in some of its approaches and villains and ways of defeating them, but HxH's nen and calculating battles are much cooler and enjoyable to watch for me.

I also personally thought FMA could try to be a tad philosophical/preachy with some themes, whereas I didnt feel that with HxH. It didnt get as preachy as Naruto at least.

But yes, I see HxH as the best shonen. Its cast and varied story are great too IMO. You get everything from a video game arc to a monster exterminating arc, etc.
May 1, 2016 11:35 PM

Dec 2012
No, I don't think so. Even if I ignore the Chimera ant arc, it still only really has Yorkshin that stands out. I like the other arcs except Greed Island, but they are good not brilliant or amazing.

The area the show doesn't succeed at from my perspective is the characters. I don't find the main cast great, the most interesting characters in the show are mysterious characters that feel they will never be explored well enough, like Hisoka and the Zoldycks. I find Gon's character inconsistent and it's really hard to root for him, he just rubs me the wrong way way before the CA arc happened. Killua is the best one, and while I liked his development, his character is too dependent on Gon. It would be interesting to see his character now if the manga currently continues it's run.

I was never able to be emotionally invested in the series like other shounen. The series doesn't feel like it has a ''heart'' for me. Only thing that I really care about is it's story and that came to a halt with the CA arc.
May 22, 2016 4:49 PM
Jul 2012
While HxH must lose out to OP when it comes to the characters (for some people), it is much more complex from a story telling perspective. I also love the complex battles rather than the mindless beat them up battles. One Piece doesn't have that. Neither do Naruto. Simple combos are not "complex" and not as interesting. Most of the time their strategy are just a bunch of "vague" orders and simple combination without much thought put into it. HxH makes use of each character's power in an interesting way, where other simple shounens just combine powers and form a stronger energy blast or something. HxH don't do that.
May 22, 2016 4:57 PM

Oct 2013
HxH wouldn't even make my top 10 best shounen.
Jun 11, 2016 6:31 AM

May 2009
Wow, and back in 2014 is was supposed to be the holy grail of anime. Give it time and peoples mind change, no joke.
Jun 11, 2016 6:38 AM

Apr 2009
Boku no Pico doesn't agree with this thread.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Better Version of HXH?

PushedCaraway - Oct 26, 2022

24 by Ex-Aid »»
Apr 20, 10:44 PM

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter Episode 62 Discussion ( 1 2 )

notestinet - Sep 13, 2008

55 by Kyurima »»
Apr 12, 5:40 AM

» Am I the only one who has a problem with...

removed-user - Dec 2, 2022

8 by Berry-Vodka »»
Feb 16, 10:33 AM

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter Episode 54 Discussion

supermegasonic - Aug 24, 2011

19 by MajedM1999 »»
Feb 11, 10:12 PM

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter Episode 53 Discussion

supermegasonic - Aug 24, 2011

17 by MajedM1999 »»
Feb 11, 10:06 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.