1st season of anime you started watching week-by-week

New
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Feb 2, 2017 6:04 AM

Feb 2015
I watch anime around 2015,

>What made you start?

I was bored.

>How many series did you pick up in the beginning?

Naruto(Finished)

>What was your initial impression in comparison to watching an already finished series?
It was the best that exist.

>What series do you think benefited the most from being watched this way?
I dunno, a good pathway for the medium I guess, at least that was the case to me.
Feb 5, 2017 10:47 PM
Mar 2012
So when did you start?
Fall 2011

What made you start?
Guilty Crown, Fate/Zero, Kyoukaisenjou

What was your initial impression in comparison to watching an already finished series?
Waiting wasn't bad but cliffhangers. I also don't watch many episodes during marathon so not too different.

What series do you think benefited the most from being watched this way?
Those 3 were plot driven, so marathon might suit better. That season was unusually full of very popular shows. But didn't watch more since I didn't know about those seasonal posters & search. Later I marathoned Tomodachi & Mashiro from the same season, would've been better episodic since they're sol. Didn't like Tomodachi much. Mashiro was slow but still good.
Feb 6, 2017 3:19 AM

Feb 2017
When did you start?
I believe it was Winter 2011.

What made you start?
I had a friend of mine kept raving about Freezing, and I wanted to become more of an active anime fan, so I decided to pick up the season.

How many series did you pick up in the beginning?
I took on 11 series at a time; back in the day I thought that was ambitious but I can easily do an entire seasons worth now.

What was your initial impression in comparison to watching an already finished series?
I thought it was fun to be able to understand what my online friends were chatting about and to be part of that.

What series do you think benefited the most from being watched this way?
Definitely one-cour type anime, or those that have no really heavy plot. But I think it depends how much of the season you're watching at once. I think if you're only taking on one or two series you could easily do this with any anime.
Feb 6, 2017 10:09 AM

Oct 2013
I've been watching shows weekly for as long as I can remember. Had to go to Wikipedia to find the premier dates for this one. Would watch the Saturday morning cartoon/anime block since at least 2001, if not even earlier. Yu-Gi-Oh, Pokémon, Digimon, One Piece, all the kids stuff they had when I was a young child.
If you want the first time I actively hunted streams for new things, it was fall 2013. I finally got around to using crunchyroll and other services and grabbed 6 shows, Log Horizon, Strike the Blood, Noucome, Unbreakable Machine-Doll, Infinite Stratos 2 (just to complete the series) and Blazblue (since I knew the game). I later unintentionally picked up Ace of Diamond near the end of the fall season because my friend kept watching it in front of me.
The reason I started was because it was the first season after I watched the one show that kicked off my interest in seriously watching shows. Log Horizon sseemed interesting having a game theme, so I started it, then others. I didn't see any benefit to any of those series an episode at a time, mostly just frustration at not being able to get a 3/4 episode arc down at once. I did get to get my friend addicted on LH as well with a "Hey, you really need to watch this" and get a message every week about how good that episode had been and talk about it a bit.
I've officially sworn off of 2016.
Feb 6, 2017 10:38 AM

Mar 2016
fall 2014, anime was parasyte then I added rage of bahamut and cross ange
"I like young-girl sexual creations, Lolicon is just one hobby of my many hobbies," he says.
I ask what his wife, standing nearby, thinks of his "hobby".
"She probably thinks no problem," he replies. "Because she loves young boys sexually interacting with each other."
Feb 6, 2017 10:53 AM

Jun 2015
Summer 2015????????????

I watched:
The weird anime with SOX and dirty jokes couldn't be used... Sakurako something I think
God Eater
And other anime I forgot about
In the name of Allah, the Gracious, the Merciful. | You know what I hate the most? People who aren't free. They're no more than cattle.
Feb 6, 2017 10:56 AM

Feb 2016
Aside from the many shounens on TV and then watching Naruto weekly on the internet I think it was a short while before I created this MAL account so around Fall 2015-Winter 2016 that I realized there are also ongoing anime series other than OP and Naruto.

Oshii is probably the only director that loves dogs. He thinks he's a dog himself.

That's right, its slime! It will dissolve your clothing slowly before my eyes!

Feb 6, 2017 11:05 AM

Mar 2015
>So when did you start?
Spring 2013

>What made you start?
Nothing in particular. I was interested in some currently airing shows so I watched them as they aired.

>What was your initial impression in comparison to watching an already finished series?
Initially... I liked it since I was watching more and more anime. These days though, I can't handle watching a multitude of series at the same time.

Mostly those with less focus on plot. Still, I'd say it's more of a case by case thing.
Feb 6, 2017 1:41 PM

Jul 2015
I started watching anime on t.v so pretty much every anime i watched up until i was like 17 was weekly anime. And a marathon of an anime on t.v was special. But the very first one i can remember was pokemon. I was 8 at the time
Feb 6, 2017 4:04 PM

Oct 2008
It was either 2007 or 2008 I honestly can't remember anymore.
Feb 6, 2017 4:36 PM

Jan 2008
So when did you start?
Fall 2004.

What made you start?
Nothing in particular, at that time I was just getting aware of what anime was available and Bittorrent was just getting popular so I watched whatever shows caught my interest. It was around that time that I realized some of the shows I was watching were still airing, while the others were finished.

How many series did you pick up in the beginning?
Three new ones: Bleach, Gundam SEED Destiny and Grenadier. Though I had already been watching Naruto, FMA, Inuyasha, YuGiOh Duel Monsters.

It was certainly more frustrating to wait week by week for the next episode, but still I had enough other anime to watch in batches.
Feb 6, 2017 4:40 PM

Dec 2014
Star Blazers (Uchuu Senkan Yamato) when I was just a wee-lad.
Robotech (Macross Saga), too...

But then again, that was the only way you could.
Even VCRs didn't exist back then.
Well, they did, but they cost an arm a leg and a first born male child, and we didn't have one.
The Dark Ages, you know...
"Sarcasm on the internet is more difficult to detect than dark matter"-- Stephen Hawking

Feb 6, 2017 4:56 PM

Jan 2017
> when did you start?
Winter 2014

>what made you start?
I wanted more anime after getting started with just a couple, including Code Geass.

>How many series did you pick up in the beginning?
Just one.

>What was your initial impression in comparision to watching an already finished series?
"this is slow..."
As a result, most of the anime I watched was finished anime and not the seasonal shows going on at the time.

Episodic shows, probably.

Feb 7, 2017 1:19 AM

Jun 2014
1. Fall 2013
2. Golden Time
3. Three (Golden Time, Nagi no Asukara, Kill la Kill)
4. Waiting for the next episode is really long sometimes.
5. Hm, I think Terror in Resonance and Erased. But eventually both series became my biggest disappointments since I started watching anime (from 2012).
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

» Is it ok to finish anime you don't enjoy ?

Alpha_1_Zero - 16 minutes ago

7 by KousakaK »»
55 seconds ago

» What anime do a lot of people consider to be one of the greatest that you think is just good? ( 1 2 )

arinthach - Yesterday

62 by BlueBullet178 »»
10 minutes ago

» Character explaining their own power to opponent is stupid, why do they do that?

Rinrinka - 4 hours ago

23 by _ATG_ »»
12 minutes ago

» Anime Clubs in College

Peach_Main - 2 hours ago

6 by Serafos »»
16 minutes ago

» Upcoming Dubbed Anime ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Kenny_Stryker - Dec 17, 2017

9050 by Kenny_Stryker »»
17 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.