Forum Settings
Forums

Dengeki Announces New 'Tenkyou no Alderamin,' 'Accel World,' 'Sword Art Online' Anime

New
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »
Oct 4, 2015 11:21 AM

Jul 2014
lord23 said:
YEEART said:

Yup.

Point of the flaws of your shitty animu and all you can reply with is 'you're embarrassing yourself'

Nahh mate, life isn't like that.
again your a shallow sad piece of human trash you can't even make a good argument smh

Where's your argument at though.

Defend this pile of trash then.
"Hi!"
Oct 4, 2015 11:22 AM

Jun 2011
Hoppy said:
we just don't get the good ones like GATE or Henneko very often.
This is the first time I've seen anyone talk positively about Henneko! Definitely a good enjoyable series.
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Oct 4, 2015 11:24 AM

Nov 2014
Hopes in SAO movie, hope they do not screw it up.
Oct 4, 2015 11:24 AM
Dec 2014
Kaioshin_Sama said:
lord23 said:
so what are the chances of this being a TV series since they never said OVA like with Strike the blood and if it is an ova and Sells really well what are the chances of a second season ?

Nobody is really sure of the format yet. Some speculate that Sunrise would want to make an OVA instead to make room for a Love Live Sunshine TV series since they're handled by the same sub studio, but that doesn't mean it's the case.
hope that not the case I don't want To think love live is getting in the way But people are saying infinite burst is a part of some bigger protect since I'm hearing people say Accels Worlds anniversary is coming up
Oct 4, 2015 11:27 AM
Dec 2014
YEEART said:
lord23 said:
again your a shallow sad piece of human trash you can't even make a good argument smh

A character who is the lowest of the low always getting bullied but somehow at the end gets character development if you can't see that then all you have is blind hate and are ignorant to wants going around you
Oct 4, 2015 11:31 AM

Oct 2013
Woah. I was thrown back by this news.
Oct 4, 2015 11:37 AM
Aug 2015
CookingPriest said:
LastChapter said:
The AW PV shows characters like
who get introduced much further ahead where season 1 ended, especially seeing that they seem to already be acquaintances with the main characters in real life. Timeline-wise, I'm really confused and I hope it doesn't mess up the chance for a true and faithful sequel.

Both movie and the new tv show are filler. Its fair to say they don't matter to canon franchise at all.

Kawahara is writing the SAO movie so I think it is canon if it somehow connects the bridge between Pre-Alicization and Alicization. They could do a retcon like what they did with Index movie to make it canon in the Toaru timeline.
Oct 4, 2015 11:40 AM

Oct 2013
Finally some great news:P
I have always hoped to see more Accel world and now this... I am really EXCITED >.< I never thought to see a movie of SAO, just hoping it will be good:P
Oct 4, 2015 11:46 AM

Jul 2014
lord23 said:
YEEART said:

A character who is the lowest of the low always getting bullied but somehow at the end gets character development if you can't see that then all you have is blind hate and are ignorant to wants going around you

Except, his development was all over the place and messy. The author tried hard to make us feel sympathetic with Haru, but all I got was forced drama down my throat, as well as trying to make us feel sympathy. His overall design was simply insulting, as they purposely made him fat to constantly remind us that he was a loser.

And don't get me started off about the second half, as everyone was just stupid. It was infuriating.
"Hi!"
Oct 4, 2015 11:49 AM
Dec 2014
YEEART said:
lord23 said:

Except, his development was all over the place and messy. The author tried hard to make us feel sympathetic with Haru, but all I got was forced drama down my throat, as well as trying to make us feel sympathy. His overall design was simply insulting, as they purposely made him fat to constantly remind us that he was a loser.

And don't get me started off about the second half, as everyone was just stupid. It was infuriating.
huh that the point ? is a loser he is fat but just because he is fat doesn't change the fact he got good character development can you be anymore shallow ?
Oct 4, 2015 11:54 AM

Jul 2014
lord23 said:
YEEART said:

huh that the point ? is a loser he is fat but just because he is fat doesn't change the fact he got good character development can you be anymore shallow ?

I never stated just because he's fat, he doesn't get good character development (even if he was skinny, charming and handsome, it wouldn't change the fact it was bad anyway), I'm saying that his overall design felt insulting as they purposely made him fat to give us the impression that he's weak and helpless. Why did they need to chibi-fy him anyway? What was the point of that, other than making him look like someone who doesn't even belong in the show.
"Hi!"
Oct 4, 2015 12:26 PM

Jul 2014
Even though current SAO anime franchise is the equivalent of a pile of feces in my book (s1 was 3, s2 was 4.5 rounded to 5), an original work is something I'll check out considering we know nothing on what it's based on, so I'll reset my expectations. Honest to God please don't use ALO, can't stand the fairies shit.

Most likely to happen? :
TheNaturalPerm said:
I bet the SAO movie will involve a female almost getting raped and generic main char running to her rescue.
Oct 4, 2015 12:34 PM

Apr 2015
CookingPriest said:
SamPolus22 said:
I don't think the SAO movie is an adaptation of Alicization arc, since that arc is really long and can be adapted into a 2 cour third season. It's most likely a spin-off

Literally in article :
"Anime original story".

Its not an adaptation.

I was saying this for the people who didn't read the article and they were saying it's the alicization adaptation, like Illyricus, on the first page of comments
Oct 4, 2015 12:44 PM

Apr 2013
OppaiSugoi said:

Most likely to happen? :
TheNaturalPerm said:
I bet the SAO movie will involve a female almost getting raped and generic main char running to her rescue.

The fact that this is more of a recurring theme in this work than the "trapped in a video game" one we were served at first is somehow disturbing...
Oct 4, 2015 1:10 PM

Jul 2007
Zefyris said:
OppaiSugoi said:

Most likely to happen? :

The fact that this is more of a recurring theme in this work than the "trapped in a video game" one we were served at first is somehow disturbing...

Two fucking times in 40 episodes is "recurring"? Wow what a bias
Oct 4, 2015 1:11 PM
Oct 2011
TheNaturalPerm said:

Hoping for a decent execution with Alderamin.
Oct 4, 2015 1:12 PM

Apr 2014
Hoppy said:
Paulo27 said:
This is kinda funny coming from you.

I, for one, am still waiting for my butchered anime adaptation of Grimgal, I know it'll happen.

I dropped SAO and Accel World, not to mention the industry is becoming oversaturated with LN adaptations that we're getting a lot of bad ones, we just don't get the good ones like GATE or Henneko very often.
the industry is over saturated with manga adaptions
Oct 4, 2015 1:39 PM
Dec 2014
YEEART said:
lord23 said:

I never stated just because he's fat, he doesn't get good character development (even if he was skinny, charming and handsome, it wouldn't change the fact it was bad anyway), I'm saying that his overall design felt insulting as they purposely made him fat to give us the impression that he's weak and helpless. Why did they need to chibi-fy him anyway? What was the point of that, other than making him look like someone who doesn't even belong in the show.
I don't see the problem,because he doesn't look like he fits ,it add something unique,which I for one want more animes to with their MC ,in fact I welcome it
Oct 4, 2015 2:21 PM

Apr 2013
CookingPriest said:
Zefyris said:

Two fucking times in 40 episodes is "recurring"? Wow what a bias

2 times in 5 arcs is a lot.
Furthermore, I heard it also happen afterwards in the novel. Whereas 'trapped in a video game" only happens in one single of the arc AFAIK. That's indeed more recuring than the initial theme, no matter what you look at it. 3> 1, that's maths, not bias.
ZefyrisOct 4, 2015 2:28 PM
Oct 4, 2015 2:40 PM
Aug 2015
LastChapter said:
The AW PV shows characters like
who get introduced much further ahead where season 1 ended, especially seeing that they seem to already be acquaintances with the main characters in real life. Timeline-wise, I'm really confused and I hope it doesn't mess up the chance for a true and faithful sequel.

I feel it's still going to follow the novels but Kawahara might approach it a different way then he did when writing the novels, perhaps because he felt he could've improved on them but never got the opportunity to do so. There's obviously characters from later novels in the PV so it implies there's some kind of continuation from the first season which was adapted from the novels.

Tokyo Ghoul s2 was an original story but for the most part it followed the manga sans the ending and a few parts in between so AW:IB may be similar in the concept.
Oct 4, 2015 2:43 PM

Apr 2015
I can't believe that I follow every announcement but I missed this. Really?
Anyway YAASSS, one after another announcements. First Kizumonogatari, then this. We have hope for season 3 ! YAAASSSS
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 4, 2015 4:20 PM
Jul 2018
Accel World was shit. The plot was shit. The characters were shit. Fat pig was shit. Black butterfly was unrealistically attracted to Fat Pig. The whole thing with Fat Pig’s childhood friends were so cliche it hurt. The “villain” from the second half of season 1 was even more cliche.....and shit. All characters took the game WAAAAAAY too seriously. This isn’t SAO. You don’t die if you lose all your powers. But none of the characters seem to got that message. It was so unrealistic how they just bent to that guys blackmail BECAUSE OF A F***ING GAME!!! Fat Pig’s only feeling of self worth is from that game, and that’s just sad.
Oct 4, 2015 4:28 PM

Mar 2014
Original? :( Hopefully they will be good though. Excited for Alderamin though!
"Did you really think I wouldn’t cheat just because I was already winning?" - Dread Emperor Terribilis II

"I chose glory and success. The box did not contain what was written on the lid." - Sand dan Glokta
Oct 4, 2015 4:56 PM

Nov 2012
Pretty excited for Alderamin. For people with doubt about this LN:

Compare to the usual trash LN adaptation we get every season: Alderamin is definitely better (at least that's my impression of the first volume, can't say about the following volume)

Is there super power: there's a light touch of super natrual aspect, but it mostly medieval warfare

Is the MC a self-insert Gary Stu: I can't say he's not a self-insert material, because he is, lazy and smart, definitely for otaku to self-insert. Can't say about the Gary Stu aspect, he's brilliant, but physically underwhelming. Is there anyone that can stand against him in a battle of wit?, I do not know it myself.

Is it ecchi: No

Is it harem: Hard to say. Main heroine is more like MC best bud, they care deeply for each others, but I don't see any romantic feelings. There's one other girl that's clearly got a crush on him though.

The MC is kind of a hypocrite at the beginning, he despises his country for their wrong doing, but he just criticizes the government and doesn't do anything to change his country for the better. He just want a peaceful life. Then some shit happen,...
Hoshino_MariaOct 4, 2015 5:00 PM
Oct 4, 2015 5:04 PM

Aug 2013
Accel World! I never thought I'd see that again! I'm so excited!
Oct 4, 2015 5:13 PM

Nov 2008
moodie said:
Hoppy said:

I dropped SAO and Accel World, not to mention the industry is becoming oversaturated with LN adaptations that we're getting a lot of bad ones, we just don't get the good ones like GATE or Henneko very often.
the industry is over saturated with manga adaptions

While true, you get a balance of good and bad for the most part.

Oct 4, 2015 6:39 PM

Apr 2015
I'm now going to finish AW. I'm loving it and I hope this season is great. I'm not sure how SAO will be in movie format if it's already boring in TV format ,though I'm still on episode 2 of season 1 though I'm not looking forward to finishing it and I'll put off that date as much as possible.
Oct 4, 2015 7:12 PM

May 2012
Thought I replied to this thread. Guess I forgot to submit x_x

Pretty cool. Been waiting for a sequel for AW for a while now, though this isn't a direct sequel, right? :L

Anyway, could care less about the SAO movie compared to this, though I'll probably still watch it anyway.

Oct 4, 2015 8:28 PM
Dec 2014
StormSky92 said:
Accel World was shit. The plot was shit. The characters were shit. Fat pig was shit. Black butterfly was unrealistically attracted to Fat Pig. The whole thing with Fat Pig’s childhood friends were so cliche it hurt. The “villain” from the second half of season 1 was even more cliche.....and shit. All characters took the game WAAAAAAY too seriously. This isn’t SAO. You don’t die if you lose all your powers. But none of the characters seem to got that message. It was so unrealistic how they just bent to that guys blackmail BECAUSE OF A F***ING GAME!!! Fat Pig’s only feeling of self worth is from that game, and that’s just sad.
lol at this fool,who has no idea what happens after the anime,this made my day thanks LOLOLOLOL
Oct 4, 2015 8:33 PM
Dec 2014
sleepyclouds said:
I'm now going to finish AW. I'm loving it and I hope this season is great. I'm not sure how SAO will be in movie format if it's already boring in TV format ,though I'm still on episode 2 of season 1 though I'm not looking forward to finishing it and I'll put off that date as much as possible.
you should its a real good show and it has its own unique drama and the MC is not some pretty boy ( not saying pretty boy characters are bad just over used ) so Have fun.
you won't regret it :)
Oct 4, 2015 10:38 PM

Aug 2015
Hooray for Alderamin adaption. Knew it was going to come eventually. Guess I'll keep further chapters on hold then and wait for the animu :)
Oct 4, 2015 11:28 PM
♡( •ॢ◡-ॢ)✧˖° ♡

Dec 2014
Finally, Accel World and new SAO, those would be great

Thanks for the great news!

(っ◔◡◔)っ 𝓘 𝔀𝓲𝓼𝓱 𝔂𝓸𝓾 𝓪𝓵𝓵 𝓱𝓪𝓿𝓮 𝓪 𝔀𝓸𝓷𝓭𝓮𝓻𝓯𝓾𝓵 𝓭𝓪𝔂 ♥
Oct 5, 2015 1:01 AM

Feb 2012
I dont give a fuck if the AW sequel doesnt follow the LN and is a new story. Im just glad it theres more of it to come. Cant wait!
Oct 5, 2015 5:17 AM

May 2014
Zefyris said:
sinner08910 said:
New AW? Not bad.
SAO in a film. Good decision.
Never really heard the first one, but its synopsis sounds catchy for perverts and military/adventure lovers. :v

Actually, it's essentially military/fantasy/action with quite a bit of medieval politics involved.
The MC often try to win over females around him yes which lead to some funny conversations, but it's not ecchi and not a harem either.
It should be a good change from the usual school/ecchi/harem/fantasy/action combo that we're getting all the time. This one focus properly on the military strategies.

Most shows that involve technicalities aren't really that effective since they tend to assume that all viewers understand the terminologies and the basics of it. Specially since it is all about military. Some people don't even know the difference between a gun and a pistol. Just saying.

While we're at it, let me state another example. Just how Steins;Gate failed to explain the technicalities involved in the story effectively.. Or maybe the subtitles I was watching from was just drunk? Or am I? Can't really get the hype behind it. In short, I don't like it at all. :D
"I'm just your typical human being who commit sins just like you. But the difference is that I never lied and tell anyone that what I did was right. I regret and ask for forgiveness from Him."

Why is my signature not anime-related? It's because who gives a fuck? Anyway I'd like to advertise to you this:

SHINGEKI NO KYOJIN IS FOLLOWING A SIMPLE FLOW OF THE STORYLINE. AND IT GETS REPETETIVE IF YOU VIEW IT ON ITS BIGGER PICTURE. WITH A LITTLE PLOT TWIST AND NEW IDEAS, YOU FORGOT THAT IT HAD ALREADY HAPPENED BEFORE.

Also, Tokyo Ghoul is AWESOME. Especially :re.
Oct 5, 2015 5:39 AM

Aug 2010
AHHH.

I don't care if its an original story, I never thought we'd get more Accel World anime! If it sells well, we might get a real adaption later.

Meh on the SAO film for now, but I do hope it gets a limited USA theatrical release.
Bum Bum Dum Dum

Oct 5, 2015 5:47 AM

Feb 2015
I am indifferent about SAO. Might watch Accel world.

More LN adaptations of whatever sorts mean there is a chance Hakomari might get adapted someday ;-;
Oct 5, 2015 5:55 AM

Sep 2014
Original or not, I'm down for some more Accel World and I'll definitely watch the SAO movie.

I might check out Alderamin, but it's not a high priority right now.
Oct 5, 2015 9:17 AM

Jul 2014
StormSky92 said:

This guy gets it.

Even though I haven't seen the anime in 3 years.
"Hi!"
Oct 5, 2015 9:31 AM

May 2009
So, they are making the AW 2nd Season an original story but they are still introducing Utai... what are they trying to pull out?? shouldve stuck to the novels, oh well.
Oct 5, 2015 9:36 AM

Nov 2014
The best series always get sequels.
Oct 5, 2015 11:49 AM

Apr 2013
sinner08910 said:
Zefyris said:

Actually, it's essentially military/fantasy/action with quite a bit of medieval politics involved.
The MC often try to win over females around him yes which lead to some funny conversations, but it's not ecchi and not a harem either.
It should be a good change from the usual school/ecchi/harem/fantasy/action combo that we're getting all the time. This one focus properly on the military strategies.

Most shows that involve technicalities aren't really that effective since they tend to assume that all viewers understand the terminologies and the basics of it. Specially since it is all about military. Some people don't even know the difference between a gun and a pistol. Just saying.

While we're at it, let me state another example. Just how Steins;Gate failed to explain the technicalities involved in the story effectively.. Or maybe the subtitles I was watching from was just drunk? Or am I? Can't really get the hype behind it. In short, I don't like it at all. :D

Your point? Alderamin will not please "perverts" as you first say since there is no ecchi, no harem at all, and almost a complete lack of romance ( it's so small in the volume 1 and two that you could almost say it's the hint of the shadow of the shadow of a romance that we may have seen or not).
The fact that you don't like it and don't think it will be properly explained in the anime (which I can agree with, there's good chance it'll be the case, after all anime watcher dislike explanations, they want boob moe and explosions as we all know ) doesn't change the theme of the story.
It's not harem, not ecchi, no romance, it's a full fledged military story in a fantasy setting. Any other genre than those two is irrelevant.
Oct 5, 2015 6:06 PM

Jul 2012
anime is saved
Oct 5, 2015 6:08 PM
Dec 2014
YEEART said:
StormSky92 said:
Accel World was shit. The plot was shit. The characters were shit. Fat pig was shit. Black butterfly was unrealistically attracted to Fat Pig. The whole thing with Fat Pig’s childhood friends were so cliche it hurt. The “villain” from the second half of season 1 was even more cliche.....and shit. All characters took the game WAAAAAAY too seriously. This isn’t SAO. You don’t die if you lose all your powers. But none of the characters seem to got that message. It was so unrealistic how they just bent to that guys blackmail BECAUSE OF A F***ING GAME!!! Fat Pig’s only feeling of worth is from that game, and that’s just sad.

This guy gets it.

Even though I haven't seen the anime in 3 years.
true your both ignorant the only two that are which is a good sight for humanity
Oct 5, 2015 7:30 PM

Nov 2012
StormSky92 said:
Accel World was shit.

Nothing in this world was ever more succinctly said.
Oct 5, 2015 7:37 PM

Jun 2011
ooh. . .yay more SAO. . surely this time round it'll be better, right? I mean Mother's Rosario was pretty decent.
Oct 5, 2015 9:30 PM

Jul 2014
Hazuk4shii said:
'It will contain 131 tracks'
holy shit

Anyways I said to myself that I'm done after sao s2 but I might watch the movie.

But how much of the music will be memorable? The only one I remember was about gaming snacks. "Coffee! Soda! Toffee! Pasta! Coffee! Soda! Give me coffee!"
I play video games. You should play a video game because you read my signature.
Oct 5, 2015 9:38 PM

Jul 2014
Hoppy said:
It's raining bad LN adaptions, make it stop.

2015: year of the Light Novel Based Anime. Seriously most of 2015's Anime was either A: Light Novel Adaption or B: Visual Novel Adaption.
I play video games. You should play a video game because you read my signature.
Oct 5, 2015 10:23 PM
Dec 2014
Naxrrhid said:
StormSky92 said:
Accel World was shit.

I'm very salty about this new Accel world anime why is it getting so much love ?
because the anime sold well and the novels sell more then horizon
Oct 6, 2015 3:33 AM

Dec 2011
TheHatredDMC said:

2015: year of the Light Novel Based Anime. Seriously most of 2015's Anime was either A: Light Novel Adaption or B: Visual Novel Adaption.

This year's TV anime:
12.7% light novel adaptations
2.5% visual novel adaptations

You have a strange concept of "most".

On the other hand, 41.6% were manga adaptations and 27.4% anime originals.

As for "year of the light novel based anime" - 2013 still holds the record for the most in one year.

(edit: fixed some figures)
kuuderes_shadowOct 6, 2015 3:45 AM
There is no such thing as shit taste. Only idiots who think everyone should have the same taste as they do.
Oct 8, 2015 11:44 AM

May 2015
No Index s3
No Maou-sama s2

Dengeki...giving the people what they want lol
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »

More topics from this board

» Original Anime Movie 'A New Dawn' Announced for 2025

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

5 by dimidrum »»
3 hours ago

» 'Mahoutsukai no Yakusoku' Announces Production Staff, Cast

DatRandomDude - 8 hours ago

4 by Memore »»
5 hours ago

» 'Maougun Saikyou no Majutsushi wa Ningen datta' Announces Supporting Cast

Hyperion_PS - 6 hours ago

0 by Hyperion_PS »»
6 hours ago

» 'Suki demo Kirai na Amanojaku' Reveals Additional Cast, Trailer

Hyperion_PS - 8 hours ago

1 by RobertBobert »»
7 hours ago

» Manga 'Ninja to Koroshiya no Futarigurashi' Gets Anime

Vindstot - Yesterday

30 by RobertBobert »»
7 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.