Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 »
Oct 5, 2015 3:53 AM

Jan 2013
I love the animation and i'm glad the mechs weren't 3DCG. I also like the concept of the story and the origins of the main characters. Artstyle reminds me of Aldnoah Zero but this anime looks much better.
Oct 5, 2015 4:00 AM

Sep 2012
Hoping for slap fest(lol) nice start love the mecha design specially the barbatos. Mika reminds me of Heero looking forward for this show.

Oct 5, 2015 4:52 AM

Jan 2015
25 episodes. Thanks god.
So this means that this anime will be AOTS for 2 seasons?
Oct 5, 2015 4:52 AM

Apr 2015
Thank God, we really have a "real" gundam series after Seed.
#CHEXIT
Oct 5, 2015 4:59 AM

Aug 2013
Imeon said:
Thank God, we really have a "real" gundam series after Seed Gundan 00.

I corrected for you :)
Oct 5, 2015 5:02 AM

May 2014
I never watched the Gundam series before, but this was really good
"I lost all of what you could call feelings of love. They weren't sealed, so they can't be released. They weren't broken, so they can't be fixed. That which is lost, cannot be recovered." Shiba Tatsuya
"There are no regrets. If one can be proud of one's life, one should not wish for another chance." Saber
"No matter what happens, no matter how crazy things get, I'll always try to restore balance." Korra
"It's madness to let others take what's yours and accept it blindly." Baatar Jr
"Instinct is a lie, told by a fearful body, hoping to be wrong." Zaheer
"Partner in crime, partner in time" Chloe Price and Max Caulfield
Oct 5, 2015 5:04 AM

Jun 2008
I am 90% sure the bracelet girl will die.

The setting is indeed similar to Aldnoah (Mars colonies, war for independence, pacifistic blond Martian princess etc.) but the characters seem more interesting and varied. I like Orga and Biscuit. Mikazuki is a bit too Setsuna-ish so far.
Oct 5, 2015 5:05 AM
Aug 2012
Kyruga said:
Imeon said:
Thank God, we really have a "real" gundam series after Seed Gundan 00.

Ummm you guys forgot about Unicorn........

Oct 5, 2015 5:33 AM

Sep 2013
Kyruga said:
Imeon said:
Thank God, we really have a "real" gundam series after Seed Gundan 00.war in the pocket

sorry this is the "real" one.

Also this character design remind me of Imperial Guard and Shut Hell.
Oct 5, 2015 5:45 AM

Apr 2014
Raise your flag!!

That was a strong start and the episode had everything I wanted which left me wanting for more. They did a decent job by establishing the characters and introducing the different factions. The dynamic between Mikazuki and Orga was really great to see here and hopefully Orga doesn't die midway.

That opening and ost though

5/5

Annuvin said:
Non-CGI mecha. I'm lovin' it.

^^ Indeed and the mech designs look pretty good too.
Oct 5, 2015 6:19 AM

Apr 2013
this was pretty damn good, ost is great

i wish the episode would have ended with a full battle of the gundam while the op was playing in the background
Oct 5, 2015 7:32 AM

May 2014
Wow this is just sooooo epic! i like it especially the OST *.*

RAISEEEEEEEE YOUR FLAG
"A life that lives without doing anything is the same as a slow death" -Lelouch Vi Brittania
Oct 5, 2015 8:05 AM

Nov 2013
look very promising for me. the mechas are cool. the relationship between orga and his group, looks solid. i hope this will getting better and better.
Oct 5, 2015 8:20 AM

Apr 2013
Never got to watch any Gundam so I'm interested in using this as a starting point more or less. I have no idea what I'm in for, I just hope it doesn't get as bad as Aldnoah.Zero which I was reminded of.

And, No-CG-Mechas at least is a good thing the show's got going for it.
Oct 5, 2015 8:46 AM

May 2014
1cebear said:
Never got to watch any Gundam so I'm interested in using this as a starting point more or less. I have no idea what I'm in for, I just hope it doesn't get as bad as Aldnoah.Zero which I was reminded of.

And, No-CG-Mechas at least is a good thing the show's got going for it.

well, it is going to be multiple folds better than A/Z for sure, i can give u that.
Gundam maybe famous for some cheesy moments but it doesnt try to become wat it isn't atleast.

As for the ep, Great Start, the animation looked pretty great. And the last part where mika took out his mobile suit was great. We get another expressionless MC but atleast the 2nd MC - Orga looks really interesting. Always wanted a duo like MIKA-ORGA (1 who is OP but expressionless, 1 who is filled with emotions and i think their friendship gonna go a long way).

Really lookin forward to this. And the OST was Freaking amazing. also was that the OP at the end? if it was, it was ... Gorgeous.
Oct 5, 2015 9:35 AM

Aug 2014
Decent first episode. That spinal system seems to inflict damage on the pilot; should make for some nice drama there. Orga looks ready to either die or betray their faction. Doesn't seem to be entirely in the MC's best interests. Could be fun. If nothing else, the music is nice.
Sieg Zeon!
Oct 5, 2015 9:46 AM

Sep 2012
Interesting concepts with the Neural link with the Ahab wave machines. Some of the character designs seemed to generic. The mobile worker units remind me of the grunt suits in 00

This episode really was not anything special. I don't understand the amount of hype behind it. It seems to be the usual underdog protects the princess type story. The gundam only had 10 seconds of action time, when everyone I knew was making it seem like there was an epic fight scene with lots of action, but the Barbatos literally just pops out the ground.
Oct 5, 2015 9:50 AM

Nov 2012
I honestly hope I don't see characters like Ainas dad or that guy that was piloting the mobile suit anymore, they're awful and it's one of the things that ruined SEED.

Imeon said:
Thank God, we really have a "real" gundam series after Seed.
Ayy lmao.
Oct 5, 2015 10:34 AM

Sep 2013
]Mars Independence XD
The main duo looks good, ogra is such abro leader :'(
The princess will step up to the plate later on.

NOOO danji :O
His machine wasn't completely destroyed so he might still be alive.

RX-782 said:
I honestly hope I don't see characters like Ainas dad or that guy that was piloting the mobile suit anymore, they're awful and it's one of the things that ruined SEED.

It's called realism, there are people like that everywhere.
Oct 5, 2015 10:48 AM

Nov 2012
ichii_1 said:

RX-782 said:

The way presented wasn't realism(won't even get into this), but of course there are people like that, but what I mostly meant is that I'm hoping that the antagonists of the story once they're shown aren't all all like the one in that mobile suit otherwise you'd end up with another show like SEED and even worse like Aldnoah Zero.
Oct 5, 2015 11:57 AM

Apr 2015
Good start, but we'll have to see where it goes from here.

The Bernstein girl seems to be a continuation of the line of Gundam girls trying (and failing) to broker peace.

I'm sure I'll get used to it, but Orga's hair bothers me.
Oct 5, 2015 12:12 PM

Jun 2013
RX-782 said:
ichii_1 said:

The way presented wasn't realism(won't even get into this), but of course there are people like that, but what I mostly meant is that I'm hoping that the antagonists of the story once they're shown aren't all all like the one in that mobile suit otherwise you'd end up with another show like SEED and even worse like Aldnoah Zero.

If I'm following this conversation right, and pardon me if I'm not, but I'm not entire sure it wasn't realistic how the enemy combatants were portrayed. Sure, it was "anime dramatized", for lack of a better description, but soldiers are very immature. Watch some helm cam videos or something, those kids are hilarious and not at all serious on the field. If anything, I'm kinda glad the enemies aren't your average "serious, stone-faced" enemy, but rather cocky like a soldier is meant to be.

The thing I'm interested in mainly is how calm and together our MC is, kind of a rarity when it comes to young Gundam MCs. I'm getting Setsuna vibes based on his composure and awkwardness towards women.
Oct 5, 2015 12:22 PM
The Komori

Mar 2013
CookingPriest said:
VonSchiller said:
Fantastic first episode. The Characters have a lot of potential (Especially the "evil" ones). Also, NO CGI-MECHA! Finally! The story seems nice as well and the story too. My first Gundam series. Are all Gundam series like that? Interesting characters and great production value.

Yes.

beyond the last few targeted at kids and pure crap like Seed, most of Gundam is more about exploration of nature of war with no "good" or "bad" side(the only truly evil people are the ones who are insane).

The last "good" one was Gundam00 which was set in setting and timeline "closest" to our real world and dealt with themes like terrorism, oil crisis, etc.

Other notable ones would be Wing, the original timeline ones( the recap movies of first series > Zeta > ZZ > CCA > unicorn and then most of sidestories like utterly fantastic and most realistic 8th MS Team) and TurnA(advised to be watched after original timeline)

The ones to be skipped would be GundamSeed/SeedDestiny, Gundam Age, and most of build fighters crap.
You can say what you want about Seed because in my opinion it's only really Seed Destiny that's a complete and utter pile of dog shit but I'm getting tired of this whole Build Fighters is "childish" or "crap" bit because quite frankly it's neither of those things....If anything, Build Fighters is more like fanservice for Gundam fans

Gundam Build Fighters is simply Gunpla Building IRL except in this series, people use Virtual Reality Technology combined with particles that allows the person to battle against other people with their Gunpla as if they're actually piloting the mobile suits themselves (Kind of like robot wars/virtual reality gaming etc). Another interesting thing about it, is that even if you have a powerful gunpla like for example Gundam Unicorn or Exia, that doesn't mean that you're the superior battler since it all comes down to the quality of the build as well as the skill of the person piloting the machine

Yes, its a light-hearted series but it is not by any means boring but in fact it's a really fun character driven series that's focused on building skills, tactics, strategy and teamwork all wrapped up with tons of very interesting and intense battles from pretty cool characters...And lastly the reason why I say it's fanservice for Gundam fans as well is because we get to see mobile suits from most if not all Gundam series (and variations of them) being showcased as well as some name drops and cameos
Oct 5, 2015 12:43 PM

Sep 2015
Excellent episode! So glad I decided to watch this, my last Gundam series was 00 so it's great to see this will probably have quite a dark story. The scene where Mika showed up with the Gundam was damn cool! But I still need to get used to the Gundam's design and the characters' eyes.

Also, epic OP!!
Oct 5, 2015 12:45 PM

Dec 2011
This first episode was good, really like MS design and Barbatos looks good too.
I like Characters and the MC.
Let's see what we will have later.

I know Seed series has bad side but it wasn't so bad to say people does not watch it.

and
Raikiri29Oct 5, 2015 12:49 PM
Oct 5, 2015 1:28 PM

Apr 2008
Jonny_Mhl said:
Finally a Gundam worthy to watch since Gundam 00 and Gundam 08th MS, I hope they don't mess with this in the next episodes.

Gundam Origin, Gundam Unicorn? ni hao?
Oct 5, 2015 2:32 PM

Aug 2015
My first Gundam series. Not going to lie, this first episode really impressed me. Loved the action and the characters. Mika seems badass.

Could anyone recommend me other good Gundams I could watch? if so message me. Thanks.
Oct 5, 2015 2:39 PM

Aug 2013
Madlib said:
My first Gundam series. Not going to lie, this first episode really impressed me. Loved the action and the characters. Mika seems badass.

Could anyone recommend me other good Gundams I could watch? if so message me. Thanks.

Of the recent ones i recommend Gundam 00, its stand alone series like this one.
Oct 5, 2015 3:15 PM

Oct 2013
Reite said:
I am 90% sure the bracelet girl will die.

The setting is indeed similar to Aldnoah (Mars colonies, war for independence, pacifistic blond Martian princess etc.) but the characters seem more interesting and varied. I like Orga and Biscuit. Mikazuki is a bit too Setsuna-ish so far.

And Setsuna is already a bit too much like Heero Yuy. That's kinda how Gundam MCs just tend to be.

I knew this would draw a lot of comparisons to A.Z; I'm just glad people are recognizing it as what A.Z could've been rather than casting it aside.

Discord: the.path.to.pathos
RateYourMusic
last.fm
Oct 5, 2015 3:51 PM

Feb 2015
jkun said:
Jonny_Mhl said:
Finally a Gundam worthy to watch since Gundam 00 and Gundam 08th MS, I hope they don't mess with this in the next episodes.

Wouldn't be surprised if most people here in this thread haven't seen either one of them.
Oct 5, 2015 4:07 PM

May 2012
I liked the first episode. The characters are interesting and they don't seem to be retards like everyone in G no Reconguista and i doubt the story will be that bad as well (Reconguista as a dirty mess).

Please Sunrise, i want to watch this anime, don't drop the ball with it as well.
I despise woke people.
Oct 5, 2015 4:33 PM
Jun 2013
Decent episodes, I'm not going to get too hype about it since unicorn and 00 were the acceptable ones that came out in the recent years. The Others didn't interest me much however I sense there's potential with this one.
Oct 5, 2015 6:16 PM

Apr 2015
I haven't seen a Gundam series that I didn't think was amazing, and I expect this one to be likewise. (Though I have avoided watching Build Fighters)

However, from seeing comments on this board I get the impression that many hardcore Gundam fans are kind of snobs, and have very particular standards for what they expect a Gundam series to be.
Oct 5, 2015 6:52 PM

Jan 2013
Nice one, non-CGI mechas are always welcome. I have high hopes on Tatsuyuki Nagai. Story development part will be above average at least.
Oct 5, 2015 7:42 PM

Apr 2015
Kyruga said:

Oh, thanks! I was thinking of 00 wile typing Seed. LOL
#CHEXIT
Oct 5, 2015 7:46 PM

Mar 2015
I enjoyed it. Super hyped for a new Gundam.

Oct 5, 2015 7:59 PM

Feb 2014
oooh me likey the big mech with the spear!

Nice starting episode. This is actually my first Gundam series and I'm pretty excited!

Yay those land mines were actually useful xD
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 5, 2015 8:59 PM

Oct 2007
stephen5000 said:
I haven't seen a Gundam series that I didn't think was amazing, and I expect this one to be likewise. (Though I have avoided watching Build Fighters)

However, from seeing comments on this board I get the impression that many hardcore Gundam fans are kind of snobs, and have very particular standards for what they expect a Gundam series to be.

Not all of us, but then again I don't like to think of myself as hardcore, just an avid follower of the franchise. Just tell an interesting story with interesting characters and make it interesting to watch and it's all good to me. It'd be a hell of a lot more than what most series do. It's kind of crazy that most Gundam posters nowadays seem to have insanely impossible to achieve and/or rigid standards, but then your average cute girls show barely even has to do anything at all and almost every poster will be losing their shit over it. It's a very stark contrast that creates a very uneven standard and probably has a lot to do with the situation Gundam has been in in the west for a while where every flaw is hyper exaggerated and why usually nobody wants to check any of the series out because all they ever hear is about how utterly bad everything is.

This is why it's interesting to see that people actually seem to be giving this one a chance, though I'm not sure I expect it to last, but hey at least it's in the same boat as every other original anime this season. Maybe it's cause there's a lot of first timers here. If you ask me this and I say this as a fan of the franchise for over 15 years now that's exactly the kind of thing Gundam needs most a new generation of fans with less baggage that is actually possibly open to it.
Oct 5, 2015 9:28 PM

Feb 2012
Great first episode, happy that this one isn't going with the traditional art style not that it ruins the story anyway.
Oct 5, 2015 10:15 PM
Jul 2015
Finally a gundam series that is worth to watch, after sh*t like g-reco and age. That gundam look so badass even without backpack or big gun
Oct 5, 2015 10:39 PM

Jan 2013
Solid start, picked up after the first 10 minutes. Very nice non CG animation.
Oct 6, 2015 12:18 AM
Sep 2014
My first Gundam series.

I liked it.
Oct 6, 2015 12:23 AM
Observer

Nov 2007
shadowfox254 said:
jkun said:

Wouldn't be surprised if most people here in this thread haven't seen either one of them.

UC series are harder for first-timers. On the other hand, Gundam the ORIGIN was mindblowingly amazing.
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Oct 6, 2015 4:07 AM

Jun 2008
Could this be the Gundam TV series we were expecting for some years now? It's on a decent course, let's hope it fulfills our hopes.
Oct 6, 2015 4:23 AM

Feb 2008
Off to a great start.

The mechanical and character designs were indeed good, animation quality was superb as well. The setting is rather intriguing as well, looking forward to the next episodes.
Oct 6, 2015 4:53 AM

Oct 2008
Awesome animation. Good universe set up. Likeable characters. Actual military tactics involving the battlefield. Pacing was a little too fast.

Oh man, what a promising start. I hope the series continues to impress me! I am really looking forward to this one. Hopefully it can breath some fresh air into the Gundam Franchise!
Oct 6, 2015 6:40 AM

Dec 2013
To be honest, I wasn't really excited for this show given how completely different when compared with the Gundam of the past.
After watching the first episode, I was pleasantly surprised. The story thus far is pretty simplistic, and the animation is slightly old-school, but the overall feel for the episode reminded me a bit of the Wing or 00 series, which were both pretty good in my books. Even I can't really call that machine a Gundam yet, I can see some potential at least for a good story.

Let's see how things pan out later on.
HESTIAAPPROVES
Oct 6, 2015 7:36 AM

Apr 2013
Finally something decent after watching a few crappy first episodes of this season.

And there is still The Origin to look forward to.
Oct 6, 2015 10:20 AM

Feb 2008
Glad my weekly mecha porn is back.
Oct 6, 2015 10:31 AM

Oct 2013
Kaioshin_Sama said:
stephen5000 said:

Not all of us, but then again I don't like to think of myself as hardcore, just an avid follower of the franchise. Just tell an interesting story with interesting characters and make it interesting to watch and it's all good to me. It'd be a hell of a lot more than what most series do. It's kind of crazy that most Gundam posters nowadays seem to have insanely impossible to achieve and/or rigid standards, but then your average cute girls show barely even has to do anything at all and almost every poster will be losing their shit over it. It's a very stark contrast that creates a very uneven standard and probably has a lot to do with the situation Gundam has been in in the west for a while where every flaw is hyper exaggerated and why usually nobody wants to check any of the series out because all they ever hear is about how utterly bad everything is.

This is why it's interesting to see that people actually seem to be giving this one a chance, though I'm not sure I expect it to last, but hey at least it's in the same boat as every other original anime this season. Maybe it's cause there's a lot of first timers here. If you ask me this and I say this as a fan of the franchise for over 15 years now that's exactly the kind of thing Gundam needs most a new generation of fans with less baggage that is actually possibly open to it.

Very, very well said.

Mod Edit: Removed quote of deleted post.
_Ghost_Oct 6, 2015 2:25 PM

Discord: the.path.to.pathos
RateYourMusic
last.fm
Pages (6) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jan 24, 2016

118 by wallus81 »»
Apr 12, 4:44 PM

Poll: » Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jan 10, 2016

128 by wallus81 »»
Apr 12, 3:55 PM

Poll: » Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Dec 27, 2015

168 by wallus81 »»
Apr 7, 2:42 AM

Poll: » Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 20, 2015

84 by wallus81 »»
Apr 7, 2:20 AM

Poll: » Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 29, 2015

85 by wallus81 »»
Apr 7, 1:26 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.