Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 »
Oct 4, 2015 4:53 PM

Oct 2011
So far - the best thing which happened this season. I loved Take-chan and exam panic... I'm curious about next episode, it seems that they will study really hard and it will be more than funny ;D

Ushijima and his farm speech, it was marvelous.
Oct 4, 2015 4:53 PM

Jan 2014
Really have been waiting to long for this. So happy it's finally here.
Oct 4, 2015 4:55 PM

May 2009
KYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
_____ _ _ ______

Within pain, there is desire.

_____ _ _ ______
Oct 4, 2015 6:14 PM

Sep 2015
Sweet! What a way to kick off the new season. Loved it and can't wait for more! :D
My current icon was made by jediwillowgrey from Deviantart/Tumblr. c:
Oct 4, 2015 6:14 PM

Nov 2009
Honestly everything was absolutely perfect. I'm happy :>

(THIS WAY FOREVER)
Oct 4, 2015 6:26 PM
Mar 2014
the op gave me the first season's vibes cus spyair

i fucking love this show.
Rinth said:
Every opinion is not equal. Some opinions are simply made out of shit.

nasuverse > your favorite anime
Oct 4, 2015 7:15 PM

Dec 2010
I"M SO GLAD TO SEE JA PON — I MEAN USHIWAKA ;_____;
Oct 4, 2015 8:56 PM

Sep 2013
Feels good to be alive lel :D
Oct 4, 2015 10:09 PM
Jul 2018
Great start! Nishinoya’s rolling thunder was badass, Hinata’s jump was awesome to see and I can’t wait for the matches to start.
Oct 4, 2015 10:40 PM

Jan 2011
Haikyuu!! is finally back and this was a fantastic first episode! Man, I'm so excited for this new season, I couldn't stop smiling seeing all the characters again. The characters having the practice matches at the beginning already made me so energetic. Everybody is so motivated to improve and get even stronger. Nishinoya's Rolling Thunder is awesome as always but I love Tsukishima's dull reaction and Hinata's really excited reaction. :P Takeda-sensei getting so worried about everyone's grades was pretty funny. Kageyama and Hinata ran so far that they ended up near Shiratorizawa Academy and met Ushijima for the first time; I laughed at Hinata's 'JAPAN!' expression. xD

Man, I missed Hinata and Kageyama's banter so much. They've got such a great rivalry and friendship. Ushijima looking down on the other regular players from other teams really urked Hinata; his yandere faces are the best. The volleyball was heading outside and Hinata quickly swooped in to catch it right in front of Ushijima's eyes; take that! I loved the representation of the Swan vs the Crows. The Karasuno members finding out that they have to pass their exams to go to the game was hilarious, they were so scared. xD

I'm so glad SPYAIR is back singing the OP! Sounds so great and I really like the visuals. Hitoka Yachi is finally in it and I can't wait to see in future episodes. The ED is really nice too and OST is amazing as always! Animation is top-notch too, based Production I.G. So hyped for more Haikyuu! Let's go, Karasuno!
5/5
Oct 4, 2015 11:37 PM

Jul 2013
Animation, music still godlike and goosebumps!!! Awesome!!
Oct 5, 2015 1:32 AM

Jun 2013
DAM Hinata/Kageyama meeting with that super-ace dude was EPIC! esp. Hinata, that was some pure awesome! lol i feel like I'm just fangirling right now and i dun wanna make coherent sentences it's so late at night imma shut up

Oh yeah, the animation quality has been upped a notch :)
Oct 5, 2015 1:38 AM

Jun 2013
The gang is back. Good episode setting up for the upcoming practice matches. The animation of this episode is just as smooth, kudos to I.G. Oh and that prepare-your-anus face Hinata makes. I lol'ed. It seems a new girl will be introduced in the next episode? I dunno, I don't see the point doing that as Shimizu herself doesn't serve any purpose more than 'wuhh so kawai' moments.
Oct 5, 2015 2:27 AM

Jan 2015
eivanhoe said:
That last part reminded me of Slam Dunk where they need to pass the exams before playing in games

Yeah, it reminded me of that as well and that was an awesome Slam Dunk episode^^

Loved the first episode of S2. It had everything, the comedy was brilliant...so much hype.
Oct 5, 2015 2:59 AM

Jul 2015
That's right, show 'Japan!' what you can do, Hinata!
Loved that OP and ED, + more characters!
Team's ace still looking cool with the hairstyle haha
great first episode!!

Oct 5, 2015 3:03 AM

Sep 2014
Fantastic episode! Glad to have one of the best Sports Anime ever back! So freaking happy I am. Hinata's pro as usual. <3
Oct 5, 2015 3:21 AM

Aug 2009
Kurini said:
Here comes my favorite anime of the season!!! :D

Yasss.

I am so hyped! I can barely contain all these feelings. Wonderful episode, all I hoped for and more. The animation continues being amazing, the voice acting and face expressions are great! I wish I could pinpoint the things I loved about this episode, but it's too much to explain. This will be the best anime this season that's for sure.

Oct 5, 2015 4:30 AM

Nov 2007
I missed you Haikyuu!

I watched this episode on bus somewhere in the middle of Poland and some parts made me laugh out loud and i had people giving me looks,ahahaaa....

I really like the ED song
Oct 5, 2015 6:20 AM

Jan 2013
Great start

Something seems off in the animation part, looks like blury a little bit
Oct 5, 2015 6:22 AM

Dec 2013
Oh hell yeah! Haikyuu is BACK BABY!
They wasted absolutely no time in getting everyone pumped up for the practice matches, and even less than that to get us pumped for national prelims.

I cannot wait to see how they get over the challenge that is the final exams, muahahaha!

Excellent start!
HESTIAAPPROVES
Oct 5, 2015 6:54 AM

Jul 2015
So much hype, I'm ready! Animation for rolling thunder was AMAZING!
Oct 5, 2015 6:54 AM

Jul 2012
And it's back! That Ushijima guy seems interesting too and I can't wait to see Hinata beat him.

It'll be hilarious to see one of them fail the exams.
Oct 5, 2015 7:27 AM

Oct 2014
Man it feels good to have Haikyuu back :D

Was interesting that they changed the order and brought out the meeting with Ushijima straight away, but my favourite scene in the manga so far was when Hinata Intercepts the ball and it was well animated. I can't wait to see more of Shoyo being a badass.

Also Yachi next week <3
Oct 5, 2015 8:23 AM

Jul 2014
JAPAN!

Man I'm so glad this show is back!
How do I signature?
Oct 5, 2015 8:50 AM

Jan 2013
Hellz yeah, more Haikyuu! Funny episode and a good reminder as to where last season left off.

Also check out the fucking game face on Hinata. Like whoa, he was pissed, like 'I'm gonna murder you' pissed. This is gonna be good guys, I can feel it.
Oct 5, 2015 9:01 AM

Sep 2013
What an amazing start to a new season! Loved the dramatic taunt scenes between Hinata and Ushiwaka.

I had to do a double take and make sure that I wasn't watching the wrong show when Takeda-sensei started lecturing the boys at the end.... The 'Akashi Seijuro/Orihara Izaya' presence he alluded was so strong that I wasn't surprised to find out it was Hiroshi Kamiya who voiced him. Learnt something new. lol.

Kageyama and Hinata's interaction never fails to amuse me. Glad Kageyama's lost some of his cocky vibe this season. Hope we see more character growth and heartfelt games this season!
DoragonessUOct 5, 2015 9:11 AM
Oct 5, 2015 9:23 AM

Oct 2013
lindsayzzz said:
I loved the representation of the Swan vs the Crows.

Is not a Swan, but an Eagle!

A white Eagle
Oct 5, 2015 9:43 AM

Nov 2012
Nice build up.

SPYAIR and Galileo Galilei greatness.
Oct 5, 2015 10:09 AM

Dec 2012
This episode was so GOOD ! I missed Karasuno, I'm so happy to see again all the team. The humor is still here and the animation of hinata is great. Haikyuu!! is back and Spyair too :)
Oct 5, 2015 12:16 PM

Mar 2012
Nice to see more SPYAIR :) Haikyuu!! is as great as always. Can't wait to see fertile soil get rekt by concrete.
Oct 5, 2015 12:40 PM
Jul 2018
great first episode.

i missed the boys.
Oct 5, 2015 3:12 PM
Apr 2015
" i'm hinata shoyo from the concrete " fucking sent chills down my spine so hype for this season
also, is it jus me or does this feel like kuroko no basket? like season one was a good start but they lost and then season 2 was completely epic and they were on this winning streak and by season 3 they'd won can't say this for sure but i'm pretty sure that's how this anime will go
PNDRetroOct 5, 2015 3:16 PM
Oct 5, 2015 5:33 PM

Oct 2013
PNDRetro said:
" i'm hinata shoyo from the concrete " fucking sent chills down my spine so hype for this season
also, is it jus me or does this feel like kuroko no basket? like season one was a good start but they lost and then season 2 was completely epic and they were on this winning streak and by season 3 they'd won can't say this for sure but i'm pretty sure that's how this anime will go

You're highly confusing and merging things if you think Haikyuu!! is going like Kuroko no Basket.

This is how things go for Haikyuu and Kuroko:

1st Season
- first 14 episodes preparing for the Inter-High Preliminaries. In Kuroko they lost this tournament in the next 4 episodes(episode 18).

- 11 episodes of Inter-High Preliminaries. Karasuno looses in the Semi-Finals before the quarter-finals. In Kuroko they trained for the Winter High and watched the National phase quarter-finals of the Inter-High.

2nd Season
- Going to Tokyo Training Camp to prepare to the Spring-High preliminaries
. In Kuroko that training took 4 episodes and was done in the 1st season.

- Going to the Spring-High Preliminaries
. In Kuroko the 2nd season ended with Seirin going to the quarter-finals, not of the Winter-High Preliminaries, but of the Winter-High National phase.

3rd Season
- If Haikyuu!! gets a 3rd season, than
. Kuroko no Basket in the 3rd season ended with them winning the Nationals, something that will not happen in Haikyuu!!
Also Kuroko ended after them winning the Nationals, but Haikyuu!! in the way that is made, almost certainly will go after that.
bigivelfhqOct 5, 2015 5:42 PM
Oct 5, 2015 6:24 PM

Jun 2014
I forgot how much I loved this show, I'm so happy the new season is here! It always puts me in a better mood.

I laughed a lot this episode. That ending XD
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 5, 2015 6:35 PM

Jun 2011
When the OST stopped at Takeda-sensei mentioning the final exams that scene was perfect
「Icon credit to Milady666 ♡」
Oct 5, 2015 9:49 PM

Feb 2012
Oh snap from the concrete, it's on now.
Oct 6, 2015 5:11 AM

Jun 2015
Hinata looked so badass for a moment there...
Can't wait for the next episode! :")

5/5!!!

Oct 6, 2015 7:18 AM

Apr 2011
Great episode for the start of the second season.
It's nice to see again the energetic characters of this anime.

My Nishinoya is back omg<3 and that rolling thunder~

Oct 6, 2015 8:02 AM

Dec 2009
OH MY GOD I AM DYING MY BABIES R BACK
THANK U SO MUCH
also i love yan hinata (he sure looked it xD) burst out laughing at the concrete part LOL
Oct 6, 2015 11:30 AM

Sep 2015
The episode didn't waste any time getting into game play, but I thought this was a nice touch that also helped to refresh the audience's memory. It's been a while since the first Haikyu!! series ended, so this was the perfect way to pick things back up again. During the course of that first match, I was able to quickly remember who people were and their personalities.

But the captain of that other team... talk about an ego! I liked seeing Hinata stand up to him. :)

And having the adviser reminding the team about final exams was a nice way to end the episode. The conflict has been set: the team members have to pass all of their exams in order to go to the away games that they're so excited to play in.

All in all, this was a great first episode, and I'm looking forward to seeing what's going to happen next.
Oct 6, 2015 1:15 PM

Mar 2013
Leafeon-chan said:
Words can't describe how happy I am

+1
Oct 6, 2015 1:21 PM
Feb 2013
I was sooooo not ready for the feels!!! So happy it's back, HAAAAA
Oct 6, 2015 6:44 PM

Jul 2015
Keneki said:
Tfw when Haikyuu S2 is ranked #15 when only episode 1 is out.

FeelsGoodMan.

lmao I just saw that scrolling through the top ranked list. That's pretty silly
Oct 6, 2015 10:43 PM

Jun 2012
Man I missed this so much. The ED was beautiful too.
Oct 7, 2015 2:26 AM

Mar 2014
"I'm Hinata Shoyo, from the concrete."
Episode 1 and it's already sooo good. Can't wait for episode 2.
Oct 7, 2015 9:36 AM

Sep 2015
THE HYPE IN THIS MAH GASH. and my cute hinata and kageyama are back =w=. its great to have them all back
Oct 7, 2015 11:06 AM

Aug 2013
Bit confused as to how this already has a ridiculous 8.87 score, and rank 15?! Good episode though. Started a bit slow and boring but Hinata's jump was epic. Hopefully the score will come down as the initial hype wears off. Still it's quite sad that one mediocre episode is enough to catapult this series leagues ahead of Baby Steps 2 in the rankings...
Oct 7, 2015 2:25 PM

Nov 2014
Amaazing as ever :D
I had to marathon the first season again before watching this, so my hype is continuous.

"I'm Hinata Shoyo, from the concrete." was the best scene for sure, I am shaking from excitement really.
My only concern is how will they manage to show whole tournament with Kurasona winning in only 25 episodes :'(
I don't want to wait for another season or read the mange then.
Oct 7, 2015 2:43 PM

Oct 2013
Hakaya said:

My only concern is how will they manage to show whole tournament with Kurasona winning in only 25 episodes :'(

They won't!

Bad News: The tournament didn't even ended in the manga.

Good News: All the tournament, specially where it is right now is mega epic!
Oct 7, 2015 9:32 PM
Feb 2013
futurefishes said:
that was a great way to start of the new season - the episode was amazing!
and i'm so happy haikyuu is back and i can't wait to see what this season has in store for us!

already turning awesome with the way the first episode came out! hinata was super duper epic there with his jump hehe~ <3
Pages (6) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Haikyuu!! Second Season Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 26, 2016

252 by egeD19 »»
Apr 4, 7:44 AM

Poll: » Haikyuu!! Second Season Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jan 9, 2016

130 by iamsnakeuu »»
Apr 3, 11:36 AM

Poll: » Haikyuu!! Second Season Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 26, 2015

111 by iamsnakeuu »»
Apr 3, 11:03 AM

Poll: » Haikyuu!! Second Season Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 19, 2015

111 by iamsnakeuu »»
Mar 16, 8:28 PM

Poll: » Haikyuu!! Second Season Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 12, 2015

110 by iamsnakeuu »»
Mar 16, 7:51 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.