Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (10) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Oct 3, 2015 7:22 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
I think I saw some deja vu...today.

MC sees the girl (Stella) half dressed accidentally.

However, Ikki is more like the guy from Trinity Seven because of the way he responded.

Rest of the episode was ehhhh.
Stella and Ikki argues way too much already and comedy is all over the place ;o
The result of the fight was pretty predictable. And seriously, what the hell are you touching, Stella?
Oct 3, 2015 7:37 AM

Jul 2014
Exactly what i noticed. Too bad subs aren't out yet.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 3, 2015 7:38 AM
Jul 2014
Rakudai and Asterisk was aired in the same day, and almost with the same plot. But, I felt that Rakudai did everything so much better. But still, need to watch more of both before giving a conclusion.

Anyway, it was a pretty good episode IMO.
Oct 3, 2015 7:40 AM

Jul 2014
AOTS right here lads.
"Hi!"
Oct 3, 2015 7:43 AM

Apr 2015
Since Hulu is set to pick it up for North America, does anyone think there will be any fansubs for this? Really looking forward to watching this but I don't have Hulu.
Oct 3, 2015 7:46 AM

Oct 2014
Aside from there being a "tournement", this episode pretty much covered ANY resemblences between this and Asterisk there are, afterwards there are practically none. If after this people still talk about these two being the "same", then they are delusional, I can understand why people would get the impression after the first ep though.
Oct 3, 2015 7:53 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
If SL can maintain this level of budget for the entirety of the season, this series will be a great watch for eye candy

Also, remember people, this is NOT a harem series and is actually and romance one, so we're all in for and treat here :)
Oct 3, 2015 7:56 AM

May 2013
Lets all sit back and enjoy the otaku reactions on when they realise its not a harem shall we, AOTS.
rodacOct 4, 2015 1:47 AM
Oct 3, 2015 8:00 AM

Jan 2015

THIS is a post twist.
rodacOct 4, 2015 1:48 AM
Oct 3, 2015 8:06 AM

Nov 2014
waiting for the subs...

btw OP song: http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x38hs8o
Oct 3, 2015 8:11 AM

Oct 2014
If MAL's tags were a little bit more reliable, people would immidietly notice that there is no "harem" tag. But because MAL tends to put pointless/questionable tags, as well as forgetting tags sometimes, a lot of people simply think that this is just another case of "forgotten tags".
rodacOct 4, 2015 1:48 AM
Oct 3, 2015 8:17 AM
Apr 2014
Picking this up only for that one hilarious scene from the manga

Hopefully the animation and visuals are a treat.
Oct 3, 2015 8:37 AM

Jul 2015
I saw that there were 2 male main characters and only 2 female character and one of them is the mc's imouto
Yay it may not be as generic as i expected
Oct 3, 2015 8:38 AM

Aug 2015
I liked it. Like the fact its not a harem.
Oct 3, 2015 8:38 AM

Apr 2014
My thoughts about the pilot episode:

Okay, the animation style was really good. But the story was pretty generic.
The OST was good, ED (or OP) song and it's animation was just fine.
I guess, I'll watch more episodes because It's somehow interesting to continue watching it.
And I'm just watching this because of "Ecchi Plot" they are serving.
RayzerOct 3, 2015 12:58 PM
Haters always gonna hate.
Oct 3, 2015 8:40 AM
Jul 2012
Rakudai is only going to be 12 episodes sadly considering the two leads of this series are actually likable it's sad to see it only being 12 episodes.
Oct 3, 2015 8:43 AM

Mar 2012
Grey-Zone said:
If MAL's tags were a little bit more reliable, people would immidietly notice that there is no "harem" tag. But because MAL tends to put pointless/questionable tags, as well as forgetting tags sometimes, a lot of people simply think that this is just another case of "forgotten tags".
Let's not get to overboard on thing and alienating potential viewer.
rodacOct 4, 2015 1:50 AM
Kickstarter for Rokujouma is fully funded. Good work everyone. Lets wait for the result of our hard work together.
Oct 3, 2015 8:43 AM

Oct 2014
It's fine to talk about translations, as long as it's the official ones. Let's just say Hulu is USA exclusive, so there is a high chance that for other countries other companies get the streaming rights. It would be scumbag level if hulu wouldn't do that though. It WOULD provoce people to do it "by themselves".
Oct 3, 2015 8:45 AM

Jan 2015
Grey-Zone said:
It's fine to talk about translations, as long as it's the official ones. Let's just say Hulu is USA exclusive, so there is a high chance that for other countries other companies get the streaming rights. It would be scumbag level if hulu wouldn't do that though. It WOULD provoce people to do it "by themselves".

In my case I can't watch Rakudai since I don't live in America
Oct 3, 2015 8:45 AM

Apr 2014
NeoAnkara said:
Let's not get to overboard on thing and alienating potential viewer.
No because mal users tend to not understand most things besides mal tags and cover art. We should educate them so they can enjoy something good.
rodacOct 4, 2015 1:52 AM
Oct 3, 2015 8:47 AM

Jul 2015
Tokoya said:
If SL can maintain this level of budget for the entirety of the season, this series will be a great watch for eye candy

Also, remember people, this is NOT a harem series and is actually and romance one, so we're all in for and treat here :)

Cool
Oct 3, 2015 8:47 AM

Jan 2015

You just spoiled me. I'm not hyped anymore since this was a "Romance" and you never know how it finishes. Thanks. Now change your forum set or you will spoil other people.
rodacOct 4, 2015 1:55 AM
Oct 3, 2015 8:49 AM

May 2013

Only thing i was worried was stella's voice, i was worried she sould have an unfitting low pitched one and since she is a new seiyuu I didnt know if she was good, but oh god ain't she perfect, 10/10.
rodacOct 4, 2015 1:54 AM
Oct 3, 2015 9:05 AM

Apr 2012
Tokoya said:

moodie said:
No because mal users tend to not understand most things besides mal tags and cover art. We should educate them so they can enjoy something good.

Just like all the other LN adaptations before it prooved its not like the others? But I'm sure this one will be different, and special and great, unlike all the LN adaptations before it that have the same plot.

LN adaptations are as different to each other as are the "climb a tower to unlock map part" mechanics in Ubisoft games. Same shit dressed differently.

But hey I'm sure it gets good in ep 4. And if it doesnt there it gets good in S2. Or its a botched adaptation in the book its actually good.
rodacOct 4, 2015 1:54 AM
Oct 3, 2015 9:06 AM

May 2015
The episode was kind of good or should i say it was okayyy...
The episode felt rushed and some parts were also skipped compared to manga. But it might because i have already read the manga.
Oct 3, 2015 9:09 AM

Jul 2014
Aren't the people pointing out spoilers... spoiling shit themselves?
"Hi!"
Oct 3, 2015 9:15 AM

Jan 2009
Alright, I thoroughly enjoyed that. Quite a nice conversion - good VA work for Stella, and a very wide range of facial expressions, too.

Good job :) ... keep it coming!
Oct 3, 2015 9:15 AM

Oct 2014
AnimeCruiser said:
The episode was kind of good or should i say it was okayyy...
The episode felt rushed and some parts were also skipped compared to manga. But it might because i have already read the manga.

The manga is not the source material though. It's based on a LN.
Oct 3, 2015 9:17 AM

May 2013
I reaaaaally liked the opening too, so bloody, glad they kept the amount of blood just as it is, looking really forward to later
Oct 3, 2015 9:19 AM

Apr 2015
This anime is so generic and the setting is so common and contains cliche moments yet the manga was surprisingly enjoyable to read. It's all how you present it. I'm looking forward to this.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 3, 2015 9:22 AM

Nov 2013
Producers : Silver Link.

no way. I can't believe this amount of budget can be done with this studio.
Oct 3, 2015 9:25 AM
Sep 2012
Just can't wait for that certain event at the end of volume 1 to occur so that people can't complain that it's a "harem" show when it's not. :)
Oct 3, 2015 9:32 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
This is probably even worse spoiling than for the first episode of Gakkou Gurashi by light novel/manga readers. Can't you just shut it?

Well, it will pretty enjoyable knowing this now, but the surprise is ruined.
Oct 3, 2015 9:40 AM

Oct 2014
Smudy said:
This is probably even worse spoiling than for the first episode of Gakkou Gurashi by light novel/manga readers. Can't you just shut it?

Most people would say "yea, the LN readers are always saying the same about 'this one is different', but in the end it's always the same!" which causes a lot of discontent among the source readers because they are being belittled for, in the words of the elitists, "reading generic wishfulfillment self-insert harem ecchi #83924 for horny teenagers". I think that the series is being spoiled a little bit too much here to be honest, but I can completely understand why it is being done.
Grey-ZoneOct 3, 2015 9:43 AM
Oct 3, 2015 9:40 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
Smudy said:

Not really considering that it doesn't even have a harem tag to begin with as well as nobody stating who exactly ends up with who

rodacOct 4, 2015 1:57 AM
Oct 3, 2015 9:46 AM

Jul 2014
no no no. i would say the Aterisk anime is a replica of this one. I would recommend this one before i do the other one. This series has a little more dark parts to it.
Oct 3, 2015 9:47 AM
Oct 2010
Tokoya said:
Smudy said:

Not really considering that it doesn't even have a harem tag to begin with as well as nobody stating who exactly ends up with who

rodacOct 4, 2015 1:58 AM
Oct 3, 2015 9:49 AM

Oct 2014
^perhaps because of 3-EP rule missing the "target" by a hair's breath.
Oct 3, 2015 10:06 AM

Apr 2013
Silver Link is targeting A-1, no doubt about it now :D

The anime studio wars has begun!!
As of 27/7/14 I have decided trap anime Sword Art Online II has more appeal than Mahouka.
Oct 3, 2015 10:06 AM
Jul 2015
I am looking for translators who are willing to translate this show, this is serious, if you're interested, join the irc channel: #heroine.
Oct 3, 2015 10:22 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
skudoops said:
Tokoya said:

Yeah, I agree although personally pointing out that it's not a harem is pretty fine imo
rodacOct 4, 2015 1:59 AM
Oct 3, 2015 10:34 AM

Apr 2013
Wow, this series is way more enjoyable than I expected it to be. Art/animation, music, action and fanservice are all really nice.

I like the characters that have been introduced so far, and the other two mains look interesting. The OP is so fucking good.
Oct 3, 2015 10:40 AM

Jul 2010
I liked it. Definitely watching this for Fall season.
オタクなんじゃねぃよ
I'm not an otaku.
Oct 3, 2015 11:19 AM

Sep 2014
is the first episode really that good? aarrh where are the subs already ?

Bookmeter ╠╣ class summon
Oct 3, 2015 11:22 AM

Apr 2013
xkinn123 said:
Producers : Silver Link.

no way. I can't believe this amount of budget can be done with this studio.

Have you not seen Prisma Illya?

Silver Link make some great quality animations.
Oct 3, 2015 11:39 AM

Apr 2012
Well I just watched the sub and I have to admit I was completely wrong with my assumptions...

Is what I would say if there was anything in this 1st episode to suggest this one wouldnt be just like the others. But alas there is not a shred of originality in this episode.

Generic Twin tail tsundere ? check!
Generic bland/nice MC? check
Mc walks in on girl changing? check
Girl is all Dere for the MC very soon? check!
MC is the "worst" but actually an OP glass cannon? check!

Well the animation wasnt too bad I'll give it that the fight was quite alright. Not amazing but by no means bad. However there is still not a shred of originality or anything remotely interesting in this show and I honestly fail to see how its supposed to get better. Unless they throw away the whole first episode and act like it never happened and start making something decent from ep 2 onwards.
Oct 3, 2015 11:39 AM

Apr 2012
Our main character is overpowered, but victimized by a system too much.
That totally didn't remind me of Mahouka.

Our female lead keeps mentioning she's not married (with the added bonus of being a princess and being unable to look at a dude's abs).
Totally not ultra-conservative.

Our main lead is the worst, but can still beat the most powerful characters in the show.
That totally didn't remind me of Index.

Our female lead use fire.
That totally didn't remind me of Shana.

Our female lead says "baka" and "it's not like I want to or anything".
Totally not a tsundere.

Our female lead overreacts over our main character seeing her in underwear.
Totally not cliche.

Our main character can copy abilities.
Totally not like Kakashi from Naruto.

I legitimately want to know if there's a single original element in this show.
"The more inexperienced you are, the more you want to show off."
- Oreki, Hyouka
Oct 3, 2015 11:41 AM

Jan 2015
sushiisawesome said:

Our female lead keeps mentioning she's not married (with the added bonus of being a princess and being unable to look at a dude's abs).

Our main lead is the worst, but can still beat the most powerful characters in the show.
That totally didn't remind me of Index.

Our female lead use fire.
That totally didn't remind me of Shana.

Totally not a tsundere.

Our female lead overreacts over our main character seeing her in underwear.
Totally not cliche.

Our main character can copy abilities.
Totally not like Kakashi from Naruto.

The title
Oct 3, 2015 11:44 AM

Feb 2008
Yeah, manga really is enjoyable and fighting was already predictable so yeah.

Nothing ventured, nothing gained (Girls und Panzer der Film ) / from Nishizumi Miho

Oct 3, 2015 11:49 AM

Jan 2009
sushiisawesome said:

He's neither overpowered (you'll see - he is no Tatsuya) nor victimized by the system. He won a victory since Stella went in blind and limited herself.

You're calling Stella ultra-conservative while she is mounting the MC and feeling him up? You're joking, right?

Totally not a tsundere.

You'll want to watch a bit more of her. She is indeed not a typical tsundere.

Yes, several, as you will see. If you want cliche, look at the smart alecks who manage to size up a show in 20 minutes for an inaccurate scorndump.
Pages (10) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Rakudai Kishi no Cavalry Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 19, 2015

481 by bakakisima »»
Mar 25, 2:33 PM

Poll: » Rakudai Kishi no Cavalry Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 12, 2015

339 by bakakisima »»
Mar 25, 1:59 PM

Poll: » Rakudai Kishi no Cavalry Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Dec 5, 2015

209 by bakakisima »»
Mar 25, 12:57 PM

Poll: » Rakudai Kishi no Cavalry Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Nov 28, 2015

223 by bakakisima »»
Mar 24, 1:05 PM

Poll: » Rakudai Kishi no Cavalry Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Nov 21, 2015

190 by bakakisima »»
Mar 24, 12:01 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.