Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Poll: Aria The Avvenire Episode 2 Discussion

Apr 11, 2016 5:39 AM

shanimebib said:

Now that I got to see my Caith Sith episode, I really wished they showed Albert and Akatsuki as well, particularly the latter. I still remember Akatsuki reaching out for Akari's cheek

Hey, don't forget Kao-tan Anzu & the traghetto undines.. xD

BTW, I'd like to see a sequel, but I afraid that would causing broken base..

Apr 14, 2016 11:58 AM

Beautiful episode as ALWAYS! Cait Sith!!! love that ED seriously!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.

Apr 15, 2016 10:00 PM

Cratex said:

Kottbullar said:
Wait... doesn't searching for a new cat president imply that the former president has passed away?

I'm fairly sure Azusa said she was being taught by "the branch manager" (though how that works I'm not sure), while she said they were looking for a new president for the home office. So I'm assuming that meant Hime had gone to live with Aika.

Yep, I recall Himeya opening a second branch in Origination and Aika becoming the manager of that.

Great episode though, as good as it ever was and the scenery was even more detailed than before. RIP Athena's seiyuu this no grimdark conversation with Alice...
Hyouka and real-life Takayama comparison blog: Completed 31/10/2015
http://hyoukaorigination.blogspot.com/

Aria the Animation and real-life Venice comparision blog:
http://veniceorigination.blogspot.com

Apr 19, 2016 4:36 PM

is it me or is Akari actually in love with Cait Sith? >.> I thought she liked Alicia :P

Apr 19, 2016 4:45 PM

Faylicia said:
is it me or is Akari actually in love with Cait Sith? >.> I thought she liked Alicia :P
Akari cares about Alicia like family, not as a love interest. I thought she liked Cait Sith for a while.

During the first meeting she was confused and suspicious. A couple meetings later, Akari began to desire meeting him. From that perspective, it's probably love. Akari loves Aqua from the bottom of her heart, and Cait Sith just might be Aqua's heart(unconfirmed, but alluded to). The fact that Cait Sith gave her that necklace shows that Akari likely earned a spot in his heart as well.

Apr 25, 2016 9:31 PM

Ahh, the new trio. It's happening all over again. The everyday adventures that will turn into fond, wonderful memories. Just watching them interact and thinking that they too will follow in Akari, Alice, and Aika's footsteps really drives it all home.

A farewell to Cait Sith, this fit well with Natural's theme of the miracles Neo Venezia has brought to Akari. How both of them have this deep connection that's rooted in Akari's sincere love for the city. That moment in the sky was jaw dropping, very beautiful and mesmerizing to watch the city from above. It's almost as if Akari was being given a fresh start by being dropped back into Neo Venezia. To cherish the encounters she's had with Aqua's extraordinary as she would thereon move forward towards becoming a prima herself.

If these Avvenire episodes are going to fit the themes of the respective seasons, I very much look forward to what the next one delivers.

Apr 26, 2016 8:33 AM

Each one of these episodes has been a joy to watch.
im actually incredibly impressed by how well they animated this particular ep, especially the scene in the sky, it felt like i was watching nausicaa/spirited away for a moment.

A series following the 3 new juniors, made with this level of love and care would actually be a fitting continuation of the aria series, and before the avvenire announcement i was strongly against anything trying to continue on from origination's literally perfect final episode.

Makes me want to rewatch aria again and yet again reminds me of why its my equal favorite series.

Apr 27, 2016 6:10 PM

Yes. The origination's final episode was perfect, but the series isn't not out of potential yet now there's Ai's journey to look forward to.

Akari and Cait Sith's final meeting was a terrfrc moment and all three juniors finally being together.

But why, Satou-san? Why just 3 episodes? This should have been 12 or 26 episodes episodes. This is just too cruel! I want to see the girls' journey to becoming prima. I hope this isn't the last Aria anime we see and we get a one or two cour tv series. I want to experience Neo Venecia in Ai's journey once again.

Apr 27, 2016 8:58 PM

Oh god, that scene in the air killed me. one of the best scenes of Aria.

Really really love these OVAs.

and man, i wish there was a spin off for the new characters, they just seem so fun and familiar.

May 4, 2016 6:15 AM

Slow the narrative, it was predictable from the beginning, but not boring. The story this time winds again on a new first part and then move on to the old series flashbacks, but unlike the previous one, here lasts much less with the result of giving space to unusual plot and finally know the only characters mentioned last time. Excellent soundtrack, makes the melancholy atmosphere and goes well with the context, the quality of the scenery is good.

May 20, 2016 6:59 AM

Very strange, but thoughtful episode. We haven't had anything this supernatural with Cait Sith since Aria the Natural. It's kinda nice seeing the big old guy.

"We are aiming to become Primas. That means we have to become proper adults right? So maybe that starts from graduating from seeing things only children see." Something about the Cait Sith scene being in mid-air minutes away from hitting the ground was slightly off-putting. Perhaps rising out of the water is analogous to Akari entering "adulthood" prior to becoming a full Prima since that was her final time she met up CS.

If we were to look at it that way, then Ai's encounter with Cait Sith shows her immaturity and that she still has some ways to go. Akari first met CS in the Natural as I mentioned before in Single state obviously.

Anyways, I hope there's more Alicia and crew in the next episode.

Jul 12, 2016 9:19 AM

What a weird bunch of kouhais we have here especially the Siberian one XD. And also Sayonara to our old pal Cait Sith, thanks for the wonderful memories and miracles that you had done with Akari for so long. Now onto the final OVA.

Jul 16, 2016 11:38 AM

poor Akatsuki his girl gone with the mystical cat :P

Aug 8, 2016 7:12 AM

Oh no, best girl in the series is in love with a cat. B-but muh waifu.

Aug 9, 2016 10:26 AM

One of my fav chapters in the manga. I prefer the manga version but this was great.

Cat Sith X Akari, RIP Akatsuki

Sep 1, 2016 11:07 PM

I had been holding to see this because I know it will be a single experience. So I waited until a good moment and when Euphoria started play, I couldn't hold some tears. How I love this series, this world and these characters.

A smile from the start until the end and a bit of that nostalgic feeling in the Cait Sith scene.

Be able to learn, appreciate the little things of Aqua and their misteries is our own "miracle". It is important lesson that I bring to my life everyday.
Music is freedom

Oct 9, 2016 5:42 PM

We finally got a good introduction of the new characters which is great, their screen time was short-lived though. So the part with Cait Sith's final meeting with Akari was actually adapted from the manga? That's rather nice.

Oct 30, 2016 7:44 AM

The commentary track was so funny for this episode when Alice's VA said she wanted to go to venice for real and the others responded with "the water isn't as clear in real life" and crushed her dreams. I was laughing so hard.

Jan 9, 2017 3:08 PM

Ai-chan found friends, that's nice.
Akari said goodbye to Cait Sith, that was kinda sad.

Apr 23, 2017 8:38 PM

That makes a lot of sense actually.

Wow, what an incredible episode like always. Natural's OP playing felt nostalgic.

What a masterful episode of Aria in this post-Origination time. 10/10 for me, again.
Modified by FestivalsOfComfy, Apr 23, 2017 9:06 PM

May 3, 2017 9:58 PM
Great episode. Sad that the journey is over though.

Sep 20, 2017 3:19 PM

jamesismynamo said:
When "Euphoria" started I just straight wept

This episode was beautiful, it hit me in all the right places. I love stuff having to do with goodbyes. Man, this show is really something else.

this...it's just i got so many feels watching this it's amazing... oh, aria :(

Everything is just so smooth, i did not expect it to be this good considering the rating on MAL...i guess people just don't know to appreciate it as we did back in the day.

5/5
Sayonara,papa!

"Just how a mirror reflects you,people will also reflect your heart."
~Athena Glory,Aria

"Whatever happens,happens"
~Spike Spiegel's thoughts on dying(Cowboy Bebop)

Dec 31, 2017 2:45 AM

I actually don't like the fact that Ai is all about miracles and meeting Cait Sith... we are given the second Akari basically, and that's just lazy
i love whoever reads this.
see you, space cowperson . . .

Dec 31, 2017 12:32 PM

Sorvarin said:
I actually don't like the fact that Ai is all about miracles and meeting Cait Sith... we are given the second Akari basically, and that's just lazy
I don't think that's an accurate description of Ai.

1. To begin with, I don't believe they'll make a Sequel with Ai being the main character because Ai will be the next child loved by Aqua(Not as loved, but in a similar 'Ai meets Mysteries').
2. Next, we need to draw a wall between the anime & manga. The Penpal in the manga is Cait Sith. The penpal in the anime is Ai.
-2a. Because Ai is the penpal in the anime, she is susceptible to being affected by Akari's mysterious encounters and desires to see them as well.
-2b. Ai in the manga doesn't appear this much and her personality isn't fleshed out as Akari 2.0 like it is in the anime.

In summary:
Ai is interested in Aqua/Cait Sith from her encounters and is likely to follow in Akari's footsteps.
EXCEPT you should remember the picnic episode where Alicia takes Akari to visit a place and they instead end up at a no-longer working rail car. They failed to end up where they were going but still enjoyed their picnic.

I honestly feel that Alicia most definitely had enjoyed going around Aqua and having wonderful encounters. I'm not saying she met Cait Sith but I'm willing to bet she has.
SO, it's likely Akari is someone who followed in Alicia's footsteps. Why are you only bashing little Ai!? Because we don't know about Alicia's encounters? What if you didn't know about Akari's encounters, would you be fine with Ai the way she is portrayed in the Avvenire?

Even in the anime, Ai isn't a copy of Akari. She may be taking up Akari's encounters with Cait Sith but she is different. She doesn't take pleasure in meeting new people. She doesn't have stupid thoughts like wondering if/when an old man with a push cart will end up at his destination on time, and so on.

Jan 20, 2018 10:08 AM

Beautiful Episode as usual. That Euphoria really caught me off guard and hit me like a truck. It carries lots of sweet memories of that time.

Aug 22, 10:59 PM

Great to see that Cait Sith's Story Arc from The Natural got the closure here that The Origination never really offered it. Also just great to see how things have changed since the girls became Primas. Looking forward to the last one!

Pages (2) « 1 [2]