Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 »
Oct 4, 2015 2:05 AM

Jan 2009
noice first episode the animation is amazing
Oct 4, 2015 2:12 AM
Apr 2013
OMG Anna sing every song
Oct 4, 2015 2:21 AM
Jul 2018
Good start. Love the art, animation and OST - so on point.

Munakata - my favorite king forever.

Awashima's fanservice tho. 5/5 lol

Kuroh & Neko such precious duo.

I can't wait for more Shiro~!
Oct 4, 2015 4:55 AM

Apr 2011
Xynic said:
yhunata said:
8.38, are you guys fucking blind or something?
You've been in this site since 2011 -.-

Does that not prove my point even further?
Oct 4, 2015 5:20 AM
Oct 2015
can someone tell me what name of song thats end 23:33 to 24:08 thanks guys i just can hear it again and again lol
Oct 4, 2015 5:29 AM

Nov 2011
Wasn't planning to watch K this season but decided to watch the first episode and my gawd it was horrible. Bar the great animation what the hell was up with that first 10 minutes of fighting and every single line made during that sounds like the taunts made in cheap fighting games, i got no indication from the rest of the ep that it could be better, really surprised at the score.

Join the MSP Club for an in-depth look at score progressions and other stats of currently airing anime
Oct 4, 2015 6:52 AM

Jun 2014
holy shit i missed k's art style and ost, damn, rip budget

amazing animation quality
:3
Oct 4, 2015 7:12 AM

Jun 2009
Tbh I felt like as if I was watching a music video rather than an anime. Don't get me wrong, the visuals are gorgeous but some of them were over the top that it just feels idk ehhh?? I honestly don't know why I wanted to watch this but I felt like I have to because I saw the previous season and the movie.
jjihhyeOct 4, 2015 7:20 AM

Oct 4, 2015 7:36 AM

May 2012
8.3 already ?!

Meh, 1st episode was average 3/5
Oct 4, 2015 7:49 AM

Feb 2014
Wow, the first 8 minutes were breathtaking, I literally forgot to breathe sometimes.
The fanservice of Seri went a little bit overboard though.
So the new enemy is JUNGLE aka Green King Clan, curious about them since the movie.
So do you think we will see the last unknown king since we now know 6 atm ?
Oct 4, 2015 8:45 AM

Jan 2013
The animation was great but I felt dizzy the first 8 minutes lol.
Oct 4, 2015 10:17 AM
Apr 2014
finally. I had to wait 2 years but finally it is here :D More of Neko, Kurou and (hopefully) Shiro.

Wish I didn't have to wait a week for more :(
Oct 4, 2015 11:29 AM
Oct 2011
As expected of this series, Music and Art are 10/10 and the cinematics and action scenes are pure eye candy! I'm so hyped now that K project is back :)
Oct 4, 2015 12:36 PM
Sep 2011
If Seri is going to be drawn and animated like that for the rest of the season it's going to be most displeasing.

Bit of a mess of an episode, coming back to K after a while and missing the movie. Initial fight scene and flashback rather flashy, ridiculous and unnecessary.

But otherwise, good to hear that music and see that art again. Glad to have an anime with such a large array of characters too.
Oct 4, 2015 1:34 PM

Apr 2012
s0ck said:
The fan service was quite overwhelming imo. Was it always like that?
No it was not. There was more boob and butt shots in this one episode than there was in the entirety of the first season... AND NEKO WAS NUDE FOR HALF SEASON 1!!!

Half way through the episode, every time it focused on her body I just started yelling "STOP! IT!" At the screen. She NEEDS to get a longer skirt.
Oct 4, 2015 1:42 PM

Mar 2014
In my personal opinion. Flawless episode besides the fanservice. I really am not a fan of unnecesary fanservice and I can't recall the first season being like that..

Either way, loved my dosis of Saruhiko Fushimi.
Oct 4, 2015 3:22 PM
Jun 2015
Music and Animation were top notch as expected, but they truly throw you in to the midst of the story without any insight on what is happening now. I wish this episode was more plot oriented, I could have waited a week to see the fight. The fan service was not bad at all, it was great.
Oct 4, 2015 3:43 PM

Jan 2013
Amazing animation and the amount of movement.
Oct 4, 2015 4:07 PM

Apr 2011
-Makkuro said:
In my personal opinion. Flawless episode besides the fanservice. I really am not a fan of unnecesary fanservice and I can't recall the first season being like that..

Either way, loved my dosis of Saruhiko Fushimi.

They never sexualized Seri until this episode... I really love it when Fushimi calls Yata-san "MISSAAAAKKIIIIIIIIIIII"
Oct 4, 2015 5:19 PM

Apr 2015
Awesome episode. Though I wonder at what sort of quality drop we'll get for the rest of the series.

I really liked the flashback. It seemed to exist in part so that they could show that all these new characters had been with there respective gangs for a while.

Rikio seems to have gained back some weight.
Oct 4, 2015 5:57 PM

Apr 2012
Good music and pretty good cinematics. Though, why make an anime? Most of the blues and most of the reds are still as dumb as ever.
My Reviews and Rants: http://bunny1ov3r.wordpress.com/

痛就是爱
Oct 4, 2015 9:19 PM

Aug 2012
This anime is so god damn beautiful, jesus christ. Makes me all moist

Edit: dont know why they include fanservice in this anime, it clearly doesnt need it.
Oct 4, 2015 10:23 PM
Feb 2015
Honestly, I was kind of disappointed... The character interactions felt REALLY forced and the part with Misaki skate boarding and his fight with Saruhiko afterwards? ... Did the clans really get into formation first before calling out on the two? I couldn't bear it anymore.

The art and music are superb as usual, although Seri should really get a longer skirt OR pants (she'd still look good in them I'd imagine!). The animation is alright, there were some places where the framerate slowed down, but the CG is alright too.

I enjoyed the first season quite a lot, and the movie was decent, but I think I'll wait until more episodes come out before watching this.
ToulouseOct 5, 2015 8:53 AM
Oct 4, 2015 11:16 PM

Jul 2014
Absolutely splendid animation, GoHands has shifted their gears even higher and have put all the effort into creating a visual masterpiece. What GoHands lacks with the quanity, it greatly exceeds it with the quality of an artwork it produces. I have full faith that it is gonna be a visual delight till the very end. And once again the lovely melody goes in hand in hand with the animation. Overall, a joy to watch and a visual treat for the viewers... I'm glad that K has returned once again!

I really loved the way they make the audience enter the world of K with a good 'ol rivalry against and the Reds and the Blues, that really refreshed all the memory I had of the prequel. An insane amount of fan-service put into this but that can be easily forgiven for it was a pilot episode.
Oct 4, 2015 11:21 PM

Jul 2012
Couldn't even get like 6 minutes before sighing multiple times at the unnecessary fan service. An to think I was actually excited for another season of K... I hope the 2nd ep is toned down a good bit.

But damn this shows setting is stunning!
lanfireOct 4, 2015 11:29 PM
Oct 4, 2015 11:50 PM

Jul 2014
YAAAASSS FINALLY
Seri boob juggle scenes were a bit much...
The number of bishounen in this is staggering. I'm not gonna drop this. No way.
Sparkle sparkles everywhere. Fushimi and Yata relationship. Hmmm. After reading doujins, I can never see them the same. TT_TT
This is getting interesting.
Oct 5, 2015 12:28 AM

Jan 2014
The animation is as good as always.
The OST was pretty good and hard not to notice lol
I hope the Red King returns ;-;
Even though I like Anna as the king x)
And Shirooo <3
I just didn't really like the fanservice.
Oct 5, 2015 4:44 AM

Jul 2013
omg that art geez. it's so gorgeous, I just kept making screenshots XD
and the OST was amazing as well
susuga K-project.
can't wait to see what's going to happen!.
oh and I'm really glad we got to see more of the other character from scepter4 and HOMRA, especially after reading the manga haha.
5/5 hyped
Oct 5, 2015 5:14 AM

Aug 2009
Damn good episode! I'm glad to see the show return. However, the fan service is already getting a bit ridiculous. >_>
Oct 5, 2015 5:57 AM
Oct 2015
The episode was AWESOME :) Love that series :)
Oct 5, 2015 7:48 AM

May 2014
Samu-tan said:
Wow okay, this was way better than the first season.
6/10. I gave s1 a 3/10, so that's a huge improvement.

I hope s2 will be even better.

Did u watch the movie yet?. After the movie, I forgave s1. :P
Oct 5, 2015 9:34 AM

Jan 2013
Nanashi- said:
finally. I had to wait 2 years but finally it is here :D

Same.

I really really loved the first season of K and the movie reminded me of how much I missed the series and now it's back! Seriously can't wait for Shiro to come back. And and if I remember anything right Kuroh was my favourite so yeah. Can't remember anything lol

Welcome to the Jungle! New colors! Yeeeee!

I liked the episode, but...

LastIllusion said:

Fallen_Tenshi said:
If Seri is going to be drawn and animated like that for the rest of the season it's going to be most displeasing.

FateHero said:
s0ck said:
The fan service was quite overwhelming imo. Was it always like that?
No it was not. There was more boob and butt shots in this one episode than there was in the entirety of the first season... AND NEKO WAS NUDE FOR HALF SEASON 1!!!

-Makkuro said:

Rezideent said:
dont know why they include fanservice in this anime, it clearly doesnt need it.

lanfire said:
Couldn't even get like 6 minutes before sighing multiple times at the unnecessary fan service.

XBlaze said:
However, the fan service is already getting a bit ridiculous. >_>

I can't help but to agree with all these. And this is like from the last page only. I understand some people like having this in the show, but I personally don't and if I wouldn't love K as much as I do, I probably would drop it now. I just don't think it's needed in this show.

In any case I will keep watching due to my love for the show, but I'm sure every time Seri is being displayed like this I will be internally screaming. I hope I will be able to enjoy the show to the fullest anyway.
Oct 5, 2015 10:48 AM
Oct 2015
eshwar007 said:
Samu-tan said:
Wow okay, this was way better than the first season.
6/10. I gave s1 a 3/10, so that's a huge improvement.

I hope s2 will be even better.

Did u watch the movie yet?. After the movie, I forgave s1. :P

Ahahah I agree, movie was awesome

On topic: Loved the episode, but really, the fanservice was just...uhhh =.= Nvm.
But welp, I will still love K.
Oct 5, 2015 12:25 PM

May 2013
i'm not sure what i expected but i was kind of disappointed:/ yeah, i know it was only the first episode but... seriously, i feel like one of the main characters is seri's body
not like i hate it, but i don't need five minutes of her boobs:(
hope it gets better
Oct 5, 2015 12:47 PM

Nov 2012
Sure amped up the fanservice in this.

I swear do they do that *name* batou in K to waste airing time?

Remind me of God Eater and the slow motion scenes.
Oct 5, 2015 1:31 PM
Jul 2015
midnightblade said:
I see that half of MAL users commenting seem to already have their panties in a wad over a few scenes of fanservice yet again haha You guys must have been foaming at the mouth if you watched something like kill la kill

It was 90% of what she did this episode. Kill la Kill's camera was better behaved, it spent less time in the uncanny valley, and it less distracting.
Oct 5, 2015 3:06 PM

Dec 2010
Below par 1st episode..worst of the whole series 2/5..
Mim
Oct 5, 2015 8:48 PM
Aug 2015
The fighting at the beginning is too long
and meaningless.And the brat in the red team is annoying as usaul…
Not very attractive to me
but I will still watch it:(
Oct 5, 2015 8:50 PM
Jul 2015
Finding anime characters hot is ridiculous to me. LMAO. It's a picture....of a fictional character.

The fanservice dropped an otherwise 5 down to a 2 for me.
I could do without the focusing on her ass and breast. Especially her dumbass poses.
Oct 5, 2015 9:19 PM

Apr 2012
The 3DCG animation seemed really choppy to me. Not sure where this "amazing animation" is coming from lol. The choreography was really bad too in comparison to the first season, which had some nice fights in it. Also the moving camera was really nauseating lmao

The fights were really the main selling point for me during the 1st season, but this was disappointing.
zzzeallyOct 5, 2015 9:24 PM

Oct 5, 2015 9:22 PM

May 2015
Not bad. I hope the people that pick this up have watched the movie, otherwise they're going to be lost. The animation was great as usual, a lot more happened than i expected. Music fantastic as always, HD booty is always a good thing too :)
This is it!, are you ready?
Oct 5, 2015 11:44 PM

Oct 2011
AMAZING !!!!!

Red and Blue Clans going to team up to face Green Clan

OMG SHIRO AHHHH <333
Oct 6, 2015 12:07 AM
Jul 2018

totally agree!! fucking hell my mind was blown for those first 7 mins...

Gintoki's VA, most fluid original animation i ever seen, fanservice and best soundtrack since samurai champloo....

love this anime.
Oct 6, 2015 12:14 AM

Apr 2013
No matter what anyone says about K the one thing you can't deny about it is that is a gorgeous anime, like I seriously can't get over how good it looks sometimes. The art, the animation, the camerawork, and even the music are all so fucking good. Great first episode overall, can't wait to see Shiro reunite with Kuro and Neko.
Oct 6, 2015 12:18 AM
Jul 2018
rsc-pl said:
Z4k said:

Yes the art is amazing indeed

Yeah, this is better for sure...

BTW, you posted 1 zoomed frame with charater in background which normally almost no one would see it, so yeah, pretty nice comparison.

all 3 those pics look much better to me. I honestly dunno wat ur watching shit looked amazing.
Oct 6, 2015 12:25 AM

May 2015
aifukola said:
Nanashi- said:
finally. I had to wait 2 years but finally it is here :D

Same.

I really really loved the first season of K and the movie reminded me of how much I missed the series and now it's back! Seriously can't wait for Shiro to come back. And and if I remember anything right Kuroh was my favourite so yeah. Can't remember anything lol

LastIllusion said:

Fallen_Tenshi said:

FateHero said:

-Makkuro said:

Rezideent said:
dont know why they include fanservice in this anime, it clearly doesnt need it.

lanfire said:
Couldn't even get like 6 minutes before sighing multiple times at the unnecessary fan service.

XBlaze said:
However, the fan service is already getting a bit ridiculous. >_>

I can't help but to agree with all these. And this is like from the last page only. I understand some people like having this in the show, but I personally don't and if I wouldn't love K as much as I do, I probably would drop it now. I just don't think it's needed in this show.

In any case I will keep watching due to my love for the show, but I'm sure every time Seri is being displayed like this I will be internally screaming. I hope I will be able to enjoy the show to the fullest anyway.
Yeah i pretty much agree here, the fan service was way way over the top and i also agree that this series does not need it in the slightest. Everytime seri went to fight her clothes were either torn off or she had boob and ass shots. I want to see her fight and kick ass.
This is it!, are you ready?
Oct 6, 2015 12:29 AM
Jul 2018
DontYouWish said:
aifukola said:

Same.

Yeah i pretty much agree here, the fan service was way way over the top and i also agree that this series does not need it in the slightest. Everytime seri went to fight her clothes were either torn off or she had boob and ass shots. I want to see her fight and kick ass.

I love this anime... The fanservice was a more than usual but that was just for first 7 minutes which were pure fangasm. Im sure it won't be as much rest of season....

I tend to disagree though...

I thought the female fanservice in first season / movie was a nice counter to all the people who call this yaoi.

and that 5 second of boob jiggle and ass really doesnt = mroe fanservice than neko being nude a bunch n season 1
removed-userOct 6, 2015 5:34 AM
Oct 6, 2015 6:42 AM

Jan 2013
GarudaAiacos said:

I love this anime... The fanservice was a more than usual but that was just for first 7 minutes which were pure fangasm. Im sure it won't be as much rest of season....

I tend to disagree though...

I thought the female fanservice in first season / movie was a nice counter to all the people who call this yaoi.

and that 5 second of boob jiggle and ass really doesnt = mroe fanservice than neko being nude a bunch n season 1

Still daring to say the fan service in this episode was more visible and brought to focus than all of Neko in the first season.

I really don't mind moderate amount of ecchi, and even if I don't really like it, sometimes it's nice. Like in the first season everything was fine, but this episode just made me double check the genres of this show.

It's ridiculous, like ok ass shot, cool cool, but why make it look like her skirt is completely see-trough? And I actually liked the part where her clothes were cut, except no, they took it too far.

Anyway I hope they will cut down on the fan service so it'll be more reasonable. I just love K so much but and I wish to enjoy it as much as possible.
Oct 6, 2015 11:37 AM

Oct 2012
Animation and colors were beautiful~ All those camera angles

Everything I wanted from the K movie, in 1 anime episode.
( ´ ▽ ` )ノ
Oct 6, 2015 11:45 AM

Jun 2015
Damn, what's with the quote towers?!
Read Toriko!
Pages (6) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » K: Return of Kings Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Dec 25, 2015

185 by Karva1 »»
Feb 12, 5:46 PM

Poll: » K: Return of Kings Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 11, 2015

45 by Karva1 »»
Feb 12, 5:42 PM

Poll: » K: Return of Kings Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 20, 2015

87 by Karva1 »»
Feb 12, 4:41 PM

Poll: » K: Return of Kings Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 30, 2015

57 by Karva1 »»
Feb 12, 2:58 PM

Poll: » K: Return of Kings Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 16, 2015

96 by Karva1 »»
Feb 11, 8:37 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.