Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 »
Oct 5, 2015 8:59 PM
Aug 2015
Not bad…
I feel like Certain Magical Index is more interesting though.
Oct 6, 2015 3:31 AM

Jan 2009
This was the most boring first episode that I've seen for a very long time.
Oct 6, 2015 5:45 AM

Apr 2013
The only thing they do is talk about the Object which looks lame as fuck.
Oct 6, 2015 6:16 AM

Jun 2008
Damn, how easily to you people get bored? Sure it wasn't full of tense moments but it was fine, it's first episode for damn sakes.
Looking at the style is not some overly mature work but most anime ain't anyway.
Let's see how it goes. There was nothing wrong with the fanservice ether, it was nicely showed in the shower etc instead of some stupid way. The belt scene was probably the only slightly awkward one.

TripleSRank said:
PolarKoala said:

Haha, I find that ironic because my exact thoughts were, during that scene, "This is some pretty interesting exposition." Maybe I'm just too naive.

Nah. I liked the exposition too.

I actually found it as the most fascinating think in the whole episode. I really have no idea why some got bored. Or are they incapable of hearing narration more than a minute long? What is wrong with narration? Who decided that is boring just because it narration?
I guess you can't expect much from a generation always looking at fast thrills and stopping a conversation every two minutes to check at their smartphone.
MonadOct 6, 2015 8:42 AM
Oct 6, 2015 6:43 AM

Aug 2014
skudoops said:
Pretty bad, the premise doesn't make much sense either. Why nuke the object and not the country it belongs to?

Of all the dumb comments I've decided to go with this one.

"Nuke their country!" = country destroyed

"They destroyed our country!!" = uncontested Object destroys country for revenge

They all die, mostly innocent people an infrastructure needed for human survival. You're an idiot. I know it's an anime, but that doesn't mean you have to come up with brain dead statements without taking a second to think critically.

As far as the show goes, meh. I liked the animation, the premise is intriguing. Let's hope they create some epic and entertaining battles in the future. Some comedy here and there won't hurt either. Don't like fan service, middle school pilot, and high school girl commander though. What's with this constantly used garbage? Let's create a world that doesn't evoke disbelief from the viewer. No? K....
Honoka is my Hero! Click Me!
Oct 6, 2015 8:35 AM

Jun 2008
xthorgoldx said:
Y'know, I get that not all works of fiction can account for the nuances of higher-level knowledge in certain fields. I don't care if you handwave certain details when they get in the way of good storytelling - like how most space battles would liquefy the pilots from g-forces, or how mecha is economically non-viable. Rule of Cool is a thing, and I can accept a few takings of creative license.

However, I really hate when common sense is thrown out the window.

First, starting off the show with such a suspension-of-disbelief-breaking thing as a weapon presented pseudo-realistically tanking a fucking nuke is just goddamn stupid. Nothing beats nukes, unless you explicitly are gonna make clear exceptions in your story's physics (Minovsky Particles, anyone?). Ironically enough, sphere's aren't really all that good at surviving explosions - the best shape is a cylinder.

Two, while this is a bit of military theory, common sense dictates that if the enemy has a weapon you can't kill, then just go kill the people that sent it. So what if the Object is untouchable? Unless they've got a dozen of the things, an attack on the country's population and government would end the war - with nukes, hilariously enough, being the best option. This is the reason the US and USSR didn't build massive anti-missile systems as much as they could have; if either side felt like it was about to lose the ability to threaten with nuclear arms, they would have preemptively attacked before they lost all capacity. The instant the Object was recognized as a superweapon, the response wouldn't have been "Let's build more!" it would've been "Nuke the fuckers."

Third, and again this goes a bit deeper into military theory, but FFS there is no such thing as an end-all weapon, especially not in 4th-generation warfare. Christ, 4G warfare is defined by how smaller, less technologically-advantaged forces leverage strength in insurgent tactics to bypass militaries they'd otherwise be unable to touch. If you can't blow up the tank, blow up the refueling station. If you can't touch the airplane, destroy its runway. If you can't scratch the military, go after the civilian population.

Lastly, I'm just gonna say it - the mech designs look absolutely retarded. I almost want to dig through my old stuff, because I'm almost certain that "big impenetrable ball with guns poking out of it in all directions" was something I doodled in 1st grade.

500km/h
Wait, so these land-based behemoths are outpacing goddamn jet aircraft?

But they never said on whether they tried to nuke the country that object belong to or not. The exposition just talked about how tolerant the armor of that weapon was. Also whether you nuke the country or not it doesn't change the fact that you have an indestructible weapon going forward that you have to stop, so of course you are gonna try to nuke it.
If you can't stop it then what use is there in destroying it's country? It will just go forward and destroy everything you have after that.

Well there you go to playing the expert on warfare and telling us how is done and how cylinders are better that circles(what irrelevant thing to say) and then in the end you tell us that you think that jet fighters can't go faster that 500km/h. There goes any credibility you had out of the window.
Oct 6, 2015 10:03 AM

Dec 2014
+1 for Kuudere

Risara said:
we got this instead of index 3?
Oct 6, 2015 10:23 AM

May 2014
Nice
But I canr see this have 24 episodes
"I lost all of what you could call feelings of love. They weren't sealed, so they can't be released. They weren't broken, so they can't be fixed. That which is lost, cannot be recovered." Shiba Tatsuya
"There are no regrets. If one can be proud of one's life, one should not wish for another chance." Saber
"No matter what happens, no matter how crazy things get, I'll always try to restore balance." Korra
"It's madness to let others take what's yours and accept it blindly." Baatar Jr
"Instinct is a lie, told by a fearful body, hoping to be wrong." Zaheer
"Partner in crime, partner in time" Chloe Price and Max Caulfield
Oct 6, 2015 11:46 AM

Nov 2013
myoncakes said:
raveninthemuddle said:
Even what they told is not more intriguing or sophisticated than what a 13-year-old could come up with who is into military or politics but knows nothing more than what he has read from Wikipedia. I mean the most powerful weapon ever wielded by human is a huge black ball with the most generic name you can think of. Might as well call the next Sixth-generation jet fighter "Weapons". They don't even try to make them look cool or intimidating, no one questions the practicality of mobile suits because the designers always try to make them unique and nice to look at. This is a whole new level of laziness. We have some kind of laser weapons and very effective armor or some protective shield therefore totally justifies our completely unimaginative design. Oh I'm sure there's going to have some kind of pseudo-scientific explanation to why the Objects look the way it's now. But since when it has ever worked and not making everyone look like an idiot trying to bring realism to a world of obscurity? Anime logic. They don't even know how to be fun anymore. Everything is just a job comes with reluctant responsibility.

Yeah, what I don't get is that, seeing as they can build such machines, couldn't use the technology and fit it onto more traditional platforms?

You know, maybe something like a warship? You could fit a lot more of basically everything (weaponry, propulsion, sensors, active and passive defense) on a ship than on an 'Object'.
And it would be way cooler.

Not to mention the ridiculous usage of AAMs and ASMs against a hardened target in the intro; modern anti-ship missiles aren't built to penetrate.

I'm willing to watch more just because the pilot is cute, and the hope there will be something that's at least cool. But I won't be getting my hopes up.

And what good would a warship do on land? Objects are weapons, that are equipped with everything necessary and it seems they can be outfitted for maritime use, too. So why go out of their way, to adapt this technology to a platform that is obsolete. And I think the uselessness of the weaponry against the object was the point of the scene. And they didn't have much of a choice, than using the weapons at their disposal.
You're a louse, Roger Smith. - R. Dorothy Wayneright
This is my fight! No Senpai, this is our fight! - Kojou Akatsuki & Yukina Himeragi
Oct 7, 2015 4:05 AM

Oct 2013
Boring episode though....
Oct 7, 2015 7:35 AM

Nov 2012
Nice opening episode, expressionless princess is always charming.
Oct 7, 2015 7:38 AM

Jul 2014
The premise is ok but this episode was pretty weak, not a fan of the fanservice on a 14 yr old straight away either...i'll probably watch ep 2 but it needs to improve
Oct 7, 2015 10:30 AM

Jun 2013
Good episode IMO. I liked the exposition and OP and appreciate that it doesnt start at a breakneck pace and is taking time to let the setting settle.

And about the guys' banter at the starts, theyve got to have someone with some military experience on the staff..
Oct 7, 2015 1:32 PM

Sep 2015
CrimsonTsuki said:
Good episode IMO. I liked the exposition and OP and appreciate that it doesnt start at a breakneck pace and is taking time to let the setting settle.

And about the guys' banter at the starts, theyve got to have someone with some military experience on the staff..

My exact thoughts
Oct 7, 2015 11:10 PM

Jul 2015
To be fair, this is just the first episode, and I haven't read the LN or manga, whichever source it came from

Honestly I bored myself (bec personally, mecha shows just aren't my type) but it is only proper they do the exposition so that it won't leave us hanging for the future episodes

Alright then. I'm giving mecha shows a chance. I mean, a huge ball with guns blazing over territory? Why not? Lol peace :)

Oct 8, 2015 12:30 AM
Observer

Nov 2007
Monad said:
Damn, how easily to you people get bored? Sure it wasn't full of tense moments but it was fine, it's first episode for damn sakes.

Yes, the more I watch of this season's new series the more I think this one is actually ranking pretty high in terms of best first episode.
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Oct 8, 2015 4:33 AM
Aug 2014
jc-staff should stick with fan-service anime. we already have a1-picture to give us mediocre products of different genres.
Oct 8, 2015 9:52 AM

May 2014
wakka9ca said:
Monad said:

Yes, the more I watch of this season's new series the more I think this one is actually ranking pretty high in terms of best first episode.

Very good comment. Very good signature. You are very good Sir.
"I'm just your typical human being who commit sins just like you. But the difference is that I never lied and tell anyone that what I did was right. I regret and ask for forgiveness from Him."

Why is my signature not anime-related? It's because who gives a fuck? Anyway I'd like to advertise to you this:

SHINGEKI NO KYOJIN IS FOLLOWING A SIMPLE FLOW OF THE STORYLINE. AND IT GETS REPETETIVE IF YOU VIEW IT ON ITS BIGGER PICTURE. WITH A LITTLE PLOT TWIST AND NEW IDEAS, YOU FORGOT THAT IT HAD ALREADY HAPPENED BEFORE.

Also, Tokyo Ghoul is AWESOME. Especially :re.
Oct 8, 2015 11:16 AM

Dec 2012
Interesting start, the "Objects' are impressive.
The bad point is the fanservice, it's seems out of place.
Oct 8, 2015 7:17 PM

Mar 2013
I hope this shits not too heavy on the ecchi 'cause I might be watching episode 1 on a plane

and I'm flyin' coach
Oct 9, 2015 2:23 AM
Nov 2014
hated it. didnt even watch the whole episode
Oct 9, 2015 8:54 AM

Sep 2009
While I do admit I was very VERY disappointed that they did this instead of Index 3 (i want my Accelerator vs Dark Matter fight!), it is still a decent anime. Sure the exposition was a bit drawling and the first episode was a bit slow, but it covered the first 1/3 of the LN pretty well. Hopefully they don't disappoint in the next episode though, since that is when the action picks up iirc...

Besides, it's always great to see why engineers are not to be f**ked with.
Oct 9, 2015 11:40 PM

Jun 2008
soredemoii said:
You're telling me Index 3 got dropped in favor of this chunk of half the stuff that's wrong last few/several years?

It's not even about Heavy Object being boring... It's about 'boring' not being realized and turned into something fun, because the rest of the episode was wasted on ridiculous amounts of fan service and stupidity.

HO looks like it's made to make money. Doesn't anyone think it's insulting that they expect us to gobble up this crap?

Maybe it would be, but you think Index is great, so why wouldn't they think you will gobble up this too?
Oct 10, 2015 9:46 AM

Jul 2010
Boring defines perfectly what this episode was about. Really, not that I mind non-action scenes but seriously, a first episode like this is daring too much. I call it now, low sales for this show.
Oct 10, 2015 9:45 PM

Jun 2013
That first episode fell flat.

Unnecessary fanservice indeed. I love fanservice, I look forward to it some cases but when it's unnecessary and takes up too much time then it's just fucking annoying. I was pissed at that Qwenthur (what the fuck kind of name is that?) was panicking over touching main girl's boobs while she was clearly suffocating. JESUS FUCKING CHRIST. That scene didn't turn me on or make me LOL, it fucking pissed me off. The girl was suffocating and his virign ass couldn't be useful even in the slightest.
臭い-
Oct 11, 2015 10:35 AM

Oct 2008
Not sure what to say...I was OK?
3/5.

Oct 11, 2015 10:56 AM

Jul 2009
Hmm, that was decently interesting. So "Objects" are basically what people use to fight wars now, and they've changed it a lot basically so it's only going to be those fighting, and then they don't really go after civilians anymore ... OK. The Commander is cool ehehe ;P The two main charas seem OK as well, and the "Princess" uses a first gen standard Object ... which gets blown up and then the two charas are aimed on as well O_O Anyway, interesting enough to get me watching for a bit, but we'll see how this goes~
The character designs are pretty good to me, and I don't hate anyone yet, which is always a good sign :P ED was super energetic and fit well IMO - I might not be a huge fan of the actual song, but hey, good enough right? XD
Oct 12, 2015 6:53 AM

Jul 2011
aside from the heavy contextualization of boobs(which i guess i will just have to deal with given the author) everything else was pretty good... only thing is the ending, like what the fuck, explain shit instead of putting the characters in the worst position possible out of the blue witho no explanation at all, hopefully ep 2 can fix that.

maybe i like it because i'm a fan of animes with deterrant wars and military wars in general?
Oct 13, 2015 10:38 PM

Nov 2009
Enjoyed the first episode of this, I liked the idea of 'clean wars' but infantry are still gettng killed though which is a bit sad.
Oct 19, 2015 2:19 PM

Jan 2014
The comedy was totally out of place, and the same goes for the background music that accompanied the comedy scenes.

Overall though, I liked it. Seems to be a decent military anime, though of average quality. Perhaps it will be a bit like Argevollen, which was no gem, but not bad either. Entertainment without pretense.
"I'm a middle schooler bartender!"
- Mishima Hitomi
Oct 20, 2015 10:57 AM

Sep 2013
It was alright.
I love that round object designs :O
So simple and deadly, if someone invests several billions into this we can make one of those in the next 20 years :O

That strap boobs scene ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

The male blondy is the main mc and not the other guy? :O
Oct 21, 2015 3:05 PM

Aug 2012
Meh! for me, might drop it later but for now,lets give it a chance.
Oct 21, 2015 9:51 PM

Dec 2012
Need to watch the BD to confirm what I thought I saw in that mist that made me say "Yo! WTF?!"
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
Oct 22, 2015 4:11 AM

Jul 2011
Rob19MAL said:
Need to watch the BD to confirm what I thought I saw in that mist that made me say "Yo! WTF?!"

what did you see?
Oct 23, 2015 7:19 AM

May 2014
This seems to be on the boring side. Whilst this first episode was supposed to be for character introductions and explaining the setting this was done horridly.
This show does resemble Aldnoah.Zero in a way, although I barely watched that show.
2/5 for this episode, I'll keep the rating for the show at a 6/10 for now as I'll watch the other episodes today.
Oct 24, 2015 3:04 PM

Feb 2013
Good action. Cliche characters.
Oct 25, 2015 7:31 PM

Jan 2013
I'm already loving it!
But still it's pretty unprofitable to maintain a those "Objects", but i love the idea of this anime.
I wonder if that Object was destroyed or no, because if it was they lost but from what i saw in the ED they probably didn't lost.
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Nov 4, 2015 2:14 PM

Jan 2011
DiabloMask said:
This was the most boring first episode that I've seen for a very long time.

This. All of the characters lacked character. The only thing on my screen were some generic pixels using cliché position techniques.

And the awful, awful service. The writing is so bad I cannot believe this is an adaptation of a light novel, where it should be all about story. Maybe the novel is actually good though, I don't know...

2/10
I almost never read discussions after I made my post, if you want to reply PM me or post on my profile page.
Nov 5, 2015 10:28 AM

Aug 2007
Now that was an information dump if there was ever one.

As for the Object itself, it looks really silly. And the spidery one at the end looked even worse. It's like someone made a giant Haro and placed a bunch of cannons all over the thing.

The fanservice angle was cringe, cringe inducing. The episode was a weird mixture of very straight, Gundam-style narrative (but longer), badly placed comedy, and then boobs followed by serious epilogue.

This has potential to improve and I will keep watching it but cannot say this was all that impressive.
Mar 26, 2016 7:37 PM
Jan 2010
Was waiting for this to finish before watching it. That bit at the end was amazingly jarring, "Oh we're doing some slice of life BBQ" fade to black "Aghh the end of a battle, everythings fucked!".
Mar 31, 2016 7:07 AM

May 2012
Interesting start of this anime, a bit slow paced but in general an interesting setting! Looking forward for some more character and story development next!
Apr 3, 2016 10:11 AM

Jan 2012
Nothing stands out and everything looking bland

Yahallo!
Yatta!
Baka!

<!
"Humans, your existence was a mistake. Conflicts, lies, jealously, greed. You once caused me to lose everything and today I will devour everything... Because I am the Valkyrie Goddess">
May 20, 2016 6:23 PM

Dec 2012
kataklism said:
Rob19MAL said:

what did you see?

My bad. Didn't see your reply, but I thought I'd come back since I just remembered to check the BD.

Unfortunately, since JC Staff didn't remove the mist, but fortunately, with the power of filter I can say....Yo! WTF?

DAT ASS!
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
Dec 3, 2016 3:07 AM

Mar 2015
It waz okay.

Object cant be destroyed by nuclear which is the strongest weapon exist in Heavy Object verse.

How can princess has huge chest since her size is small when the belt is not tightened?

3.4/5
Dec 4, 2016 10:17 AM

Feb 2015
Why are they having a 14-year old piloting a mobile weapon of mass destruction?
Oct 23, 2017 12:31 AM
Mar 2017
Milennin said:
Why are they having a 14-year old piloting a mobile weapon of mass destruction?

They may be "disposable", but ... In Japan, it is typical for young teenagers to ride Mechas, obtain powers from the sky, or fight against aliens
The question isn't "What anime do you like?" That is merely a list.
The question is "Why do you like it?" That tells a story. Your story.
Sep 6, 2019 1:20 PM

Apr 2013
Pretty decent so far, though that story about the objects being the new warfare unit is kinda weird.
Feb 17, 2021 11:02 AM

May 2017
Well the only thing i like for now is the perverted guy and the fact hes already in thoses perverted situations

What i didnt : eject button...it stoped the good part -_-
7/10
Loli world is just a cute world full of cute meat

Mar 20, 2021 8:45 AM
Oct 2019
that was not good. halfway through the episode i already started saying to myself "i hope this gets better". it still hasn't...

i didn't mind the narration at the beginning. if they feel that was the best way to explain the "world" then so be it

but how many f'ing times do they need to say "taxpayer money" in one scene? because it was literally about 7 times in a 5 minute span. just stfu already

fanservice is awful. and this show makes it even worse by having the mc go "omg boobies, i can't put my hand there, omg what do i do". it's not humourous. it's not "hot". and fanservicing an underage girl is the epitome of awful fanservice

a technologically advanced civilization doesn't have snow plows? why are you clearing a runway when the boss lady said they have no need for an aviation corp?

a student from "abroad" is working on the object? from a foreign nation? why would you let that happen? why wouldn't he work for an object in his own country? on top of that, he's a moron that doesn't even know what he's working on. they made a big deal about the belts tightening up and how she was going to die when all she had to do was hit the eject button. which brings up another point, how many times did the old woman and "princess" say "as long as i can breath" or "make sure she can breath"...

the dialogue is so repetetive. it's as if they're speaking to 7 year olds who otherwise wouldn't understand anything

example: the big boob commander spending 5 minutes telling the 2 guys how busy and important and hard her job is. that scene was worthless. it makes her look like an idiot. it makes the 2 guys look like idiots. it treats the audience as if we're idiots

so in the final few seconds they get wiped out by a new type of object? oh cool. don't care. because i don't care about any of you. because this episode wasn't good

5/10 to start. it wasn't god awful like evangelion or ergo proxy, but it wasn't much better. i'll give it one more episode to improve or i'll just drop this
Nov 21, 2021 5:02 PM

May 2008
Hand shoveling a runway? That's something every enlisted veteran can identify with!
Pages (7) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Heavy Object Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 25, 2016

125 by MizuhoKamui »»
Jul 7, 2023 9:27 AM

Poll: » Heavy Object Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 18, 2016

61 by MizuhoKamui »»
Jul 7, 2023 8:30 AM

Poll: » Heavy Object Episode 22 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 11, 2016

48 by MizuhoKamui »»
Jul 4, 2023 1:52 PM

Poll: » Heavy Object Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 4, 2016

65 by MizuhoKamui »»
Jul 4, 2023 1:07 PM

Poll: » Heavy Object Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 26, 2016

56 by MizuhoKamui »»
Jul 4, 2023 12:22 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.