Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Oct 2, 2015 6:54 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Decent amount of action this episode.

We got Ushio fighting against a nasty-looking Youkai. Seriously, how many eyeballs is that?. I like this guy from the episode though along with his bike:

As usual, the comedic argument between Ushio and Tora is amusing to watch. I think Tora's actions are starting to become human-like though.

Stark700Oct 2, 2015 7:52 AM
Oct 2, 2015 8:00 AM

Jun 2014
this was a totally rad episode! the new ed is ok and i like the new visual from the op

keeps on getting better and better

<3 tora
:3
Oct 2, 2015 8:01 AM

Jan 2012
That girl is so hella annoying... What take the spear from them... it was in his damn basement in his house... she's the one taking it from him oO
And what nerves she has to hit him after taking it... she's so arrogant
Oct 2, 2015 8:03 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
And with that we are finally introduced to the 4 people trained to be in Ushio's position right now and I must say that skill wise I was not disappointed

I was kind of annoyed that Ushio allowed that girl to just walk all over him and take the spear but I think his resolve needed to be tested there and thankfully it paid off

In regards to 2/4 trainees, the girl's style of fighting was interesting but her personality is annoying however that other dude with the metal staff was a complete and utter badass and I love his personality as well as his epic bout with Tora

Hearing Hakumen's voice and that little history Montage about Tora was pretty cool and I liked both, but what I really loved was to see Tora pretty much admit that he cares about Ushio and actually doesn't want to eat him...Going by the new ED (Which was awesome btw) I think this is what's going to bring our duo and this new guy closer as friends

The new OP visuals are way better than the previous ones btw and I love it and going by the designs of the other two trainees, I can already tell that I'm gonna like them

Great episode overall as usual filled with great action scenes :)
TokoyaOct 2, 2015 8:08 AM
Oct 2, 2015 8:10 AM

Feb 2014
They finally introduced best guy Akiba Nagare!

This was the one character I was especially looking forward to after I read the manga, and so far I'm not disappointed - nice pick for the VA as well. The parts with Hinowa felt a bit abrupt, but otherwise it's been a fun episode with the usual entertaining bickering. Tora just becomes more and more likeable, both with his trolling and him admitting that it's never boring about Ushio.

Other than that, the new OP sequence gets me hyped already
, and the new ED is also pretty awesome. Good job, Mappa.
Oct 2, 2015 8:23 AM

Jun 2015

Tora knows what's up!! :D

Jokes aside, those 'trained successors to the Beast Spear" kinda annoy me. Feels to me like they're just small fries trying to thwart Ushio's main goals. Tora kinda got me worried abit with his battle there, but am glad he pulled through. I guess the other 2 successors will show up. One step closer to the boss tho, so i guess its progress.

Oct 2, 2015 8:28 AM
Apr 2014
Liking the new op visuals, we see the 4 Spear successors and presumably the one who forged the beast spear in the op.
So the spear can apparently talk but Ushio can't hear it, the 4 successors will probably end up teaching him how to use it, which is a massive waste since they can't wield it so what's the point of their training if it only works for the chosen one.
That comb nen exorcist chick is an Asako clone, both personality and look.
Ushio's mom comb most likely has some relevance later.
That biker guy is pretty beast holding Tora off like that, we finally learn Tora's reasons for not saving Ushio's ass so many times.
Hakumen no Mono sending his minions is lame.
I prefer the old ED to the new one, good episode.
Oct 2, 2015 8:35 AM

Jul 2013
I actually liked that short haired girl. I found her cute in her own way. The blond guy with the motorbike is a total badass though, that fight with Tora was cool, I also like his hair.

The eyes yokai fusion looks like something from Lovecraft's imagination. I like this direction of the story with Hakumen no Mono as the Big Bad. the new visuals of the opening were cool, the ending is okay.
Oct 2, 2015 8:54 AM

Feb 2014
Drake1000 said:
so what's the point of their training if it only works for the chosen one.

Because obviously they couldn't have known who'd be the chosen one - nobody had access at all to the Beast Spear for 500 years after all. So the sect trained those who they'd estimated would be able to use it.
Oct 2, 2015 10:00 AM

Feb 2015
Okay that was another great episode, but man that new ending is shit..I MEAN SHIT
I though this was going to have a break for the whole 26 episode's so I cannot complain that it isn't right..

I mean this show is so damn good. Tora is beyond badass same goes with Ushio, loved his little fight and yet I still Flip out whenever he goes beast mode, that is so cool

5/5
Oct 2, 2015 11:37 AM
Jul 2018
Ushio fought one nasty looking youkai.

Only two successors had shown up!
Oct 2, 2015 11:39 AM

Aug 2010
Finally Tora wasn't Tsun for once :D He admitted he's never bored with him so great to see.

Nagare seems pretty cool.

The changes in the OP are hype and that cap girl looks cute
Oct 2, 2015 12:00 PM

Sep 2013
I dont like the new girl already. Based on the ED Ushio will probably get close to the new guy.
"I have been wielding a blade since before your were swimming around your father's scrotum." - Kurou
Oct 2, 2015 12:17 PM

Feb 2015

The whole fight between the yokai and the new girl was like watching a slow striptease.

SchwingBonerOct 2, 2015 12:20 PM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 2, 2015 1:20 PM

Sep 2013
Aye, that new girl fanservice ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Tora soloing again :)
Oct 2, 2015 1:27 PM

Jun 2014
I LOVE THIS ANIME ... I don't know how many times I can say it. This episode was EXTREMELY GOOD. It didn't feel like I watched 24 minutes, It felt like 5 minutes. I love the OP animation, and the designs of the people who were going to use the spear.
Oct 2, 2015 1:48 PM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
That episode was great, fuckin Tora going in like a spider D:
Looking at the OP some good stuff is coming !
But the ED was meh imo.
I'm gonna miss the other ED. :/
STOP SLEEPING ON ODD TAXI

Oct 2, 2015 1:51 PM

Jan 2011
Well, we've missed a few characters that I really liked, and some semi-romance entanglements between them, but we're on to the four failed candidates which is going to be great.
Please don't feed the trolls!
In my next life I want to collide at the corner with the cute transfer student
carrying a piece of toast in her mouth
...rodac

Oct 2, 2015 2:25 PM

Oct 2014
Tora don't worry - you are the best tsundere of this season no one is gonna steal your place.. *kisses* <3

The OP and ED are nice ... especially the OP, it gets you revved up .. wait the story aint over yet feel .. ED is much more soothing than the former one telling us nicely that we have reached the mid way and the end of the season is coming..splendid work.
The introduction of new characters i.e. the failed candidates seems like there'll be a arc on each .. cannot wait for Hakumen no Mono though !
I don't know why people write that they are approachable persons,
if you were you wouldn't be on MAL.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Extended families or lovers on MAL are a farce.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Oct 2, 2015 2:25 PM

May 2013
At least the "trained successors" can hold their own ground even without the spear. If they could wield the spear as well I'd say they'd be much better off than Ushio, who can't fight without the spear. Tora was still annoying, not eating Ushio when he had the chance and making up yet another excuse, but at least he finally confessed a reason for it at the end.
Insert philosophical quote or exceptional picture here.
Oct 2, 2015 2:38 PM

Aug 2015
This episode was great. Liked the new characters as well.
Oct 2, 2015 3:33 PM

Sep 2013
So good!
Oct 2, 2015 4:36 PM

Nov 2013
New ED song, but no new OP song. But they changed the visuals of the OP, so I'm guessing that the song will stay until the end of the season. Too bad.
Oct 2, 2015 5:10 PM

Jun 2014
The appearance of that biker Nagabe made the episode so enjoyable. Tora showing once again how much of a beast he is.
All credit goes to Sacred.
Oct 2, 2015 5:43 PM

Aug 2014
This so is getting better. Loved it.

Oh, pitiful shadow cloaked in darkness.
Thy actions cause men pain and suffering.
Thy hollow soul drowns in thy sins.
How would you like to see what death is like?
-Enma Ai
Oct 2, 2015 8:19 PM

Mar 2009
I liked the new visuals in the OP. Cool ED, too.
Oct 2, 2015 10:39 PM

Dec 2014
Sweet, more characters are being introduced.

Liking the new ED.
Oct 2, 2015 10:55 PM

Jun 2014
A couple new characters have been introduced, and we got some new visuals in the opening. I can't wait to see the other 2 people who have been trained to wield the Beast Spear. I didn't really care for the girl, but I liked Nagare, he was chill........except for when he was trying to fuck up Tora lol. Their fight was pretty cool as well.

Not really digging the new ED, I liked the first one a lot more.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Oct 2, 2015 11:00 PM

Dec 2013
Great episode! Glad it's moved on from monster of the week style.
The new OP visuals were cool, I guess. The new ED is going to have to grow on me as I really liked the first one.
Oct 2, 2015 11:17 PM

Oct 2013
Tora x Ushio <3

New characters are pretty cool and I like their fighting styles. This episode seemed strangely fast paced, even more than usual. I'm not complaining; the swift pace of the series is one of the things I've enjoyed about it, but I hope it's not cramming too many chapters into one episode when it shouldn't be.

I can't remember the previous ED after 13 episodes, so I'm fine with the ED change. New ED is ok. At least the OP is still the same. <3

Discord: the.path.to.pathos
RateYourMusic
last.fm
Oct 2, 2015 11:17 PM

Jan 2014
HitsuWTG said:
They finally introduced best guy Akiba Nagare!
hawt
Oct 3, 2015 12:06 AM

Oct 2011
So those 4 were the chosen one for the Beast Spear
Oct 3, 2015 12:22 AM

Jul 2013
SchwingBoner said:

The whole fight between the yokai and the new girl was like watching a slow striptease.

She has quite a rad body for someone so tomboy-ish though... too bad she's a tsun
Oct 3, 2015 12:23 AM
Jul 2018
Nice we get new characters and the girl having Mizuki Nana as her seiyuu is a definite bonus for me, I was surprised when I heard her voice tbh, I had no idea. The action was great and knowing more about Tora was very interesting and I can't wait to see what happens now after the bus went rogue.
Oct 3, 2015 1:18 AM

Dec 2013
poor ushio.

i wonder if anyone watched journey to the west? even tripitaka monk gets some kind of break in-between yokai attacks lol
Stay in yesterday 時を止めて
Oct 3, 2015 1:23 AM

May 2008
The girl was fine, I don't get why everyone's complaining about her. She's just doing what she's been trained to do wtf.

Also Tora is definitely my favourite character. I'd honestly really enjoy a show where he gets excited by new technology all the time. Those are the best bits of this tbh.
Oct 3, 2015 6:17 AM

Jan 2011
Oh boy, the OP is even more spoilerific now. Looks like the scientist arc will get adapted, and I thought for sure that would be cut. Sad the mist monster didn't make it in, but one benefit of that is Ushio not wearing that godawful coat.

SchwingBoner said:

[img]http://i.imgur.com/YDkpIKZ.png[/i mg]
I thought they were gonna remove this given how random it was. Well I guess it is kinda her shtick to suffer clothing damage.

Barion-Zara said:
That's a guy.
ReaperCreeperOct 3, 2015 6:25 AM
Oct 3, 2015 7:03 AM

Aug 2010
ReaperCreeper said:
Barion-Zara said:
That's a guy.

WHAAAA?!?!?!
Oct 3, 2015 7:09 AM

Sep 2014
Holy shite that change in OP just gave me goosebumps! Things are gonna get really interesting soon then. This episode was also great too, Tora giving the stereotypical ''I'm not bored with him'' dialogue, but whatever, great stuff. <3
Oct 3, 2015 7:48 AM

Mar 2013
They skipped the rest of the trip to Hokkaido? Shame. I was looking forward to heavy metal skirt chasers riding a motorbike down a building. There's also the fact that skipping all that made Tora and Akiba's fight WAY less badass, since Tora didn't just split himself in half and scream "I CAN'T DIE!" at him. I'm also sorta annoyed that that means they skipped Ushio thinking Tora was dead and trying to avenge him lol.
Oct 3, 2015 7:51 AM

Dec 2010
...really loving this series so far, can't believe this is a remake

...OP was even more badass than before
Oct 3, 2015 12:29 PM

Jun 2013
bitch slap lol and who the hell is she anyway?! the blonde dude seems strong new Ed is good
Oct 3, 2015 12:34 PM

Sep 2015
The new girl is voice by Nana Mizuki. Wew
Oct 3, 2015 3:49 PM

Aug 2008
The Sect should probably just give up and realize that the Spear is sentient weapon, with a will of it's own, that chooses it's wielder.

SchwingBoner said:

This anime sure does fanservice the right way. Stay savvy.
Oct 3, 2015 4:32 PM
Mar 2014
Oh man, i love the new ending!
Oct 4, 2015 2:41 AM
Nov 2008
Wtf, they really cut Shumuna before ushio meet the chosen ?
Oct 4, 2015 5:07 AM

Jul 2008
Genix said:
The Sect should probably just give up and realize that the Spear is sentient weapon, with a will of it's own, that chooses it's wielder.

They did give up. It is just the successors who have doubts about it, but you can't blame them: they were trained their entire lives for this and finding out that none of them gets to wield it... well, you would at least want to see who the wielder is.
Oct 4, 2015 6:59 AM

Jun 2015
Man good start to the second half, this show always gets me pumped up.
New OP visuals are Hyyyyyppeeee.
New characters are Tsun and GAR.
New ED wasn't bad idk why some people are disliking it so much.
Oct 4, 2015 8:28 AM

Nov 2011
We start, talking about the new opening and ending. The opening with this new cut, takes on a still greater charm, while discovering the cards on upcoming events, a little regret, but so is the animation of today. Ending that prefer less than the previous; back to the episode in his narration, I can admit that not knowing the manga I can not evaluate it with effective impartiality. However, the action and the events that have followed, have made it enjoyable and interesting. The plot however is showing, I do not see anything new compared to other shonen, but remains nevertheless still intriguing. Technical part still excellent, drawings and animations really quality. Satisfied that he saw the blond some beatings from Tora.
Oct 5, 2015 1:35 AM

Mar 2012
New animation changes for the OP and a new ED huh.

Looks like Tora finally admitted the reason he hasn't eaten Ushio yet.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ushio to Tora (TV) Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 11, 2015

63 by AzafuseKingTora »»
Apr 8, 2:30 PM

Poll: » Ushio to Tora (TV) Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jul 3, 2015

216 by LancelotSB »»
Mar 18, 3:12 AM

Poll: » Ushio to Tora (TV) Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 23, 2015

75 by Maou_heika »»
Mar 11, 6:44 AM

Poll: » Ushio to Tora (TV) Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jul 10, 2015

144 by JoestarEISH_020 »»
Sep 2, 2023 9:09 PM

Poll: » Ushio to Tora (TV) Episode 22 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 27, 2015

48 by i-loathe-sasuke »»
Aug 13, 2023 9:06 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.