Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 15, 2009 1:28 PM

Jun 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
being able to read minds seems more like a punishment than a gift

RtheO
Jun 30, 2010 10:38 PM

May 2009
Simply_Waiting said:

I disagree, it's something that could definitely be used at your advantage, but whatever

Next ep looks like they'll fight the Dr, which i doubt is stronger than Toguro
"The weak get washed away by the tides of fate...The strong drink it up."-Godot
Jul 5, 2010 11:19 AM

Jun 2008
pacuuuuu3 said:
Simply_Waiting said:

I disagree, it's something that could definitely be used at your advantage, but whatever

just walking down the street would be torture, like in "Into the Wild Green Yonder"

RtheO
Sep 18, 2010 1:01 PM

Mar 2010
so funny when he read that girls mind

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Dec 17, 2011 6:51 PM

Jun 2008
Simply_Waiting said:
pacuuuuu3 said:
Simply_Waiting said:

just walking down the street would be torture, like in "Into the Wild Green Yonder"

I think you can get used to it. For example if you passed threw a street where everyone is talking would you go mad?
Dec 29, 2011 4:10 PM

Feb 2009
Funny ep, anyway the bad guy looks freaking menacing. I mean, Toguro looked like a a total bull, a dangerous one, but this guys is downright creepy.
Jul 12, 2013 10:44 PM

May 2012
Seems like this new set of villains are more stronger than Toguro's team.
Apr 22, 2015 6:15 PM

Aug 2013
I wonder what the codename for that psychic would be out of the seven brought up, but I'm guessing it is Gate Keeper.

It would be interesting if Kuwabara was the one out of Yusuke's friends who would be suitable as the second psychic needed by the dark crew, especially now that he has lost much of his abilities for some unforeseen reason.
Jul 7, 2015 6:55 PM

Mar 2014
Real talk: these seizure-inducing flashes in older anime are annoying as fuck
Aug 18, 2015 1:42 PM
May 2015
Monad said:
Simply_Waiting said:

I think you can get used to it. For example if you passed threw a street where everyone is talking would you go mad?

They don't have to have their territories up 24/7, he can just turn it off when it's a pain in the ass
Dec 31, 2015 6:49 PM

Dec 2012
Definitely didn't see that eraser to the head coming.

Waifusexual said:

Word.
Mar 28, 2017 3:35 PM

Sep 2015
This is a pretty interesting arc now but are the 7 bad guys humans with superpowers or demons? Like that eraser had demonic energy put into it so demons but the preview showed that the doctor might have obtained superpowers. IM CONFUSED ASF.
Apr 21, 2017 4:14 AM

Dec 2013
Can't blame him for being scared. These new demons are terrifying!
Jun 27, 2017 1:48 AM
Nov 2015
Actually I want Murata to be shot dead. That would be totally awesome.
Jun 27, 2017 1:56 AM
Nov 2015
We now have a hands-in-the-pockets dandy, a punk with hair and face just like Rukawa Kaede. And since we're in the hospital and one of the 7 is nicknamed "Doctor" so there's bound to be an evil physician here.

The joke about the girl wanting to get it on with her homeroom teacher is maybe the best joke of this anime,
Sean_NessmanJun 27, 2017 2:07 AM
Jun 27, 2017 2:06 AM
Nov 2015
StevenHu said:
I wonder what the codename for that psychic would be out of the seven brought up, but I'm guessing it is Gate Keeper.

It would be interesting if Kuwabara was the one out of Yusuke's friends who would be suitable as the second psychic needed by the dark crew, especially now that he has lost much of his abilities for some unforeseen reason.

Yes, that is hyped for some eps now, how he suddenly lost his power and we have not been given the definite answer, in spite of how many times that topic is brought up. The one Botan gives "You used them up in the Tournament" is obviously too naive to be true.

What's more, you want to cut the net? Kuwabara has a spirit knife there for you. So very possible. Hope Kuwabara can be further developed cuz he is the least valuable player in the last tournament.
Aug 4, 2017 5:44 AM

Jun 2016
That episode was great! This arc has the most natural story progression so far, it's made sense(a little silly at times but still) and the fights have been good! The new approach to thinking fights through and using everybodies powers to find leads as well as help in fights seems awesome. Also I like how the groups are made, really unusual formations from how this show normally is : Yusuke, Genkai, Kido, Yanagisawa, (kinda mind control guy now) and Kurama, Kaito, Botan and Kuwabara. I'm sure we'll get some really unique dynamics with them.

Really happy with the direction this arc is going, nothing outrageous has happened just yet and the normal Yuyu charm pertains!
Jan 2, 2018 9:31 AM

Dec 2012
LMFAO When he reads that girl's mind
GosuDRMJan 2, 2018 9:38 AM

Feb 6, 2018 7:37 AM

Oct 2012
Who wouldn't want to read a lewd girl's mind? xD

This one big final arc I think it is.. Actually pretty interesting
It's like watching Jojo part 4 all over again
Detective + Shounen, I'm always fond of that
"Signature removed"
Oct 4, 2018 3:19 PM

Nov 2016
Lol, the part with the girl.

This arc is managing to stay interesting.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Apr 3, 2019 11:56 AM

May 2017
this arc does have some potential.. The tournament arc was a let down so here's me hoping that this will be better.
Apr 15, 2019 11:53 PM

Jul 2017
This episode was kind of weird, like the pacing I guess. I liked it though; it felt natural, sort of unpretentious. It was interesting to have the bad guy shoot an eraser at the new mind-reading guy. The bad guy's group makes me think of Metal Gear Solid or some other video game.
Jun 1, 2019 3:00 PM
Apr 2016
Ah, I was hoping there'd be a scene like this, Yuusuke showing how absurdly powerful he is, that was so awesome, haha. Well, the enemies seem to be rather powerful, that's interesting.
Apr 22, 2020 5:28 AM

Mar 2020
That girl is about to get an A+
Floyd Mayweather English Tutor
Jul 12, 2020 12:05 PM
Aug 2014
Waifusexual said:

My eyes still hurt from that.
Jan 6, 2021 9:01 AM

Dec 2007
this arc is definitely going to be the most interesting so far, it is done in unique way that reminds me HxH.

that school girl xD
Aug 1, 2021 11:02 PM

Aug 2018
Damn, all the new enemies seem pretty tough..

Jan 4, 3:38 PM

Mar 2022
So far this new arc is progressing naturally. I'm liking this aspect of combining the Detective stuff in the first season and the action of the second season so it isn't just fight, fight, fight all the time and it's literally a case of building the world by learning more about the new opponents that Yusuke and co have as well as keeping the pace fast and intense in terms of how the fights go. I generally thought that Murota got struck with a laser beam but I guess if it had been just that I think he well and truly would've been dead. But having said thing that struck him be an unexpected object like an eraser? That's a pretty unique way to injure someone I'll have to admit. Damn Sensui's tactic wasn't to face Yusuke's group head on, it was more or less to distract them.

Man he's just downright creepy compared to Toguro. It was pretty funny when Murota read that lewd girl's thoughts and then have Yusuke and Genkai pummel him for doing so though. XD
Mar 15, 8:14 AM

Apr 2017
The villain looks similar to Akio from Utena. Though YYH came first, so maybe Utena used his design as inspiration.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EYBltg-WkAEcsVT?format=jpg&name=large

More topics from this board

Poll: » Yu Yu Hakusho Episode 59 Discussion

DarthDaimyo - Nov 6, 2009

30 by Osk_Social »»
2 hours ago

Poll: » Yu Yu Hakusho Episode 83 Discussion

DarthDaimyo - Dec 20, 2009

38 by Xeehad »»
6 hours ago

Poll: » Yu Yu Hakusho Episode 33 Discussion

DarthDaimyo - Oct 24, 2009

28 by KoniginElle »»
Today, 5:39 AM

Poll: » Yu Yu Hakusho Episode 10 Discussion

DarthDaimyo - Oct 13, 2009

26 by pkrocque »»
Apr 22, 9:12 PM

Poll: » Yuu Yuu Hakusho Episode 100 Discussion

Kaizoku-Ou - Jan 27, 2009

44 by TheStarscream759 »»
Apr 21, 1:29 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.