Forum Settings
Forums
New
Sep 29, 2015 5:49 PM

Nov 2014
I don't mean strangers, I don't mean acquaintances, I mean people consistently in your life as friends/family/lovers/allies/etc.

How do you like for them to treat you? What kinda relationship do you want with them?

Some people say: "Well, I want respect and the same will be afforded to them." And leave it to ambiguously imply that they want to be treated "the same", but define "the same"? I want people in this thread to detail a little bit more about how they wanna treat people and how they would like to be treated. No broad statements that encompass everyone, just tailor it specifically to you... Unless you're really generic and as unique as a chair, by all means, use a general blanket statement.

For myself, I like for people to treat me as somewhat inferior to themselves and come to me often to make their lives easier in passive, simple ways.

I like to treat people as somewhat superior and I like to answer to them.

How about yourself? Maybe you like to treat your younger friends like students in a younger sibling like fashion, maybe you like it when your friends are tsunderes! Maybe you like being the straight man and your friends are clowns with you! Whatever it is, let's hear it!
http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=69140 - Click here to be my friend! x3

Rodac has proven 5 separate times that will result to unwritten rules to justify a moderation. His judgments should be researched and accepted only after due diligence to reference his rules. I support his removal from the staff.
Sep 29, 2015 5:51 PM

Jan 2014
Like a stranger
ThrashMattoSep 29, 2015 5:57 PM
I love Christine

"If one advances confidently in the direction of his dreams, and endeavors to live the life which he has imagined, he will meet with a success unexpected in common hours. He will put some things behind, will pass an invisible boundary; In proportion as he simplifies his life, the laws of the universe will appear less complex, and solitude will not be solitude, nor poverty poverty, nor weakness weakness." - Henry David Thoreau

Sep 29, 2015 5:53 PM

Jun 2015
ThrashMatto said:
Like a stranger

^
It's weird but I feel the same way.
Sep 29, 2015 5:55 PM
Sep 29, 2015 6:02 PM

Jun 2015
Human
idk
Sep 29, 2015 6:06 PM

Nov 2014
ThrashMatto said:
Like a stranger

Best reply so far!

Don't worry about a reputation here, Nico and I don't think there's any value to most these people's respect.
http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=69140 - Click here to be my friend! x3

Rodac has proven 5 separate times that will result to unwritten rules to justify a moderation. His judgments should be researched and accepted only after due diligence to reference his rules. I support his removal from the staff.
Sep 29, 2015 6:09 PM

May 2015
It really depends how long I known the person. Me & my closest friends all love eachother but we are jokingly mean to eachother 24/7

Sep 29, 2015 6:11 PM

Dec 2012
Treat me to lunch
Sep 29, 2015 6:11 PM
Sep 2014
ThrashMatto said:
Like a stranger

This is the answer
Sep 29, 2015 6:16 PM

Oct 2012
See my signature.

ThrashMatto said:
To everyone on MAL, please treat me how you see fit. I know I fucked up what little reputation I had around here not too long ago so treat me the way you feel it right.[/spoiler]

What did you do?
VoltiiSep 29, 2015 6:19 PM

~ join the MAL suicide pact! ~ ~ ★☭★ ~ ~ embrace nuclear annihilation! ~
Sep 29, 2015 6:23 PM

Jan 2014
Volti said:
What did you do?
I love Christine

"If one advances confidently in the direction of his dreams, and endeavors to live the life which he has imagined, he will meet with a success unexpected in common hours. He will put some things behind, will pass an invisible boundary; In proportion as he simplifies his life, the laws of the universe will appear less complex, and solitude will not be solitude, nor poverty poverty, nor weakness weakness." - Henry David Thoreau

Sep 29, 2015 6:24 PM

Oct 2012
ThrashMatto said:
Volti said:
What did you do?
I kind of freaked out in a thread and went on a rant. It's in the past now, so I'd rather move forward.

Which thread? I'll help you get through this tough time!

~ join the MAL suicide pact! ~ ~ ★☭★ ~ ~ embrace nuclear annihilation! ~
Sep 29, 2015 6:25 PM

Jul 2015
^^I forgot that shit a long time ago ^_-.
Sep 29, 2015 6:26 PM

Mar 2008
I like to be treated on the same level as them or at least above them because I dont like people looking down on me. Although I dont really like it when my family makes me do things all the time either thinking I know way more than them or am stronger or braver than them even in cases where I may be. It just is annoying to be pestered all the time for very little thing they cant even get themselves to do like open bottles or fix minor computer problems like how to print. I like friends to treat me like im trustworthy and to respect me by not being dicks to me. I like lovers to be like more intimate friends.
Sep 29, 2015 6:29 PM

Dec 2014
I like to be treated however the person wants to treat me.
Yes, even if they're rude.
vvindsweptSep 29, 2015 6:32 PM
Sep 29, 2015 6:45 PM

Dec 2014
I'd like people to treat me as a stupid brat who doesn't know anything nor has any problems in this world because that makes it much easier for them to vent their frustrations at and they start relaxing, thinking simpler too. Sometimes you just need someone to be just there to yell at n stuff.

tl;dr like mayurii from steins;gate
peanutbuttersSep 29, 2015 6:52 PM
Is this where you live?

Sep 29, 2015 6:49 PM

Jun 2015
However they want. I don't want a person who doesn't like me to treat me kindly. Makes it easier for me to ditch them.
Sep 29, 2015 7:32 PM

Jan 2015
Zivith said:
However they want. I don't want a person who doesn't like me to treat me kindly. Makes it easier for me to ditch them.
I wouldn't phrase it so cynically, but yeah, this.
Sep 29, 2015 7:35 PM
Sep 29, 2015 7:50 PM

Apr 2015
I just want to be left the hell alone.
My waifu, do not steal.
Sep 30, 2015 1:42 AM

Sep 2014
I honestly don't care, as long as you aren't a complete asshole.
Why are we still here? Just to suffer? Every night, I can feel my leg... and my arm... even my fingers. The body I've lost... the comrades I've lost... won't stop hurting... It's like they're all still there. You feel it, too, don't you? I'm gonna make them give back our past."
Sep 30, 2015 2:04 AM

May 2015
I want both affection and challenge. I love it when people display affection and show their appreciation, but I also want to be challenged. I want my friends to be able to tell me where they find faults in me.
WEAPONS - My blog, for reviews of music, anime, books, and other things
Sep 30, 2015 2:07 AM

Nov 2014
I want to be treated with indifference.
Haruhi ism
It's fun, isn't it?

Sep 30, 2015 6:04 AM

Oct 2013
With the respect I deserve. And I'll do likewise for them. Unfortunately, the internet doesn't always allow for that consistency. Anonymity is like that.
"There's no shame in falling down... true shame is to not stand up again!"

"Aah? Of course I won't miss!"

"My blood tastes like Iron."

"Run through the tape in life! Never give up! Run through the tape!"
Sep 30, 2015 5:18 PM
Jul 2018
If they are close then I would hope they care enough to check up on me once in awhile.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Do you live with regrets?

Lightskynight - 5 hours ago

10 by DesuMaiden »»
8 minutes ago

» Are you e-famous? Are you an Internet celebrity?

DesuMaiden - 8 hours ago

16 by Rinrinka »»
38 minutes ago

» Is English your native language? ( 1 2 )

DesuMaiden - Apr 16

52 by Oshieteoshiete4 »»
51 minutes ago

» What do you think about law enforcement (police) in your country?

Sad - Apr 16

24 by bevarnow »»
1 hour ago

» I'm currently on a keto diet.

scarydragon - 6 hours ago

8 by Zettaiken »»
1 hour ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.