Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 28, 2015 2:11 PM

Jan 2012
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
It sounds nice,good love story.

Mar 27, 2016 2:13 PM

Sep 2015
+16 Million views on YouTube? I remembered that it was 6 Million last year
Jul 24, 2017 3:37 PM

Dec 2015
The visuals aren't anything to look at, but it's nice to know that Yonezu not only sang, but also drew the characters.
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Aug 15, 2017 8:05 PM

Apr 2016
HikiMaru said:
+16 Million views on YouTube? I remembered that it was 6 Million last year

It's up to 57 Million now by the way.

The dearer you hold a memory the more painful it becomes.

Aug 20, 2017 1:15 PM

Jul 2010
Watched and downloaded it after a few days when Hachi uploaded it on his youtube channel. Loved it first time and its still a favorite song. His drawing style is unique and amazing.
Sep 8, 2019 8:15 PM

Oct 2015
Wonder why the guy's umbrella was upside down though.

Nevertheless great song and visual style, the color coordination was perfect- truly a masterpiece.
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Sep 24, 2019 4:01 AM
Jul 2018
Since German is my mother tongue, that choice of title is weird to me. šŸ˜…
Wonderful visuals what stunning colors and art style, totally love them and the story and lyrics are beautiful.
Dec 25, 2019 11:21 PM

Nov 2018
Here's the link ---> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-EKxzId_Sj4
I hate everyone equally
Mar 31, 2020 9:51 PM

Aug 2012
The music video does a nice job of telling it's story through the constant switches between the two protagonists, each occupying their own side of the screen, which makes their holding hands at the end work. What I really like is how the video illustrates the girl being the pursue so to-speak while the man is far the less emotionally open. Like how they both use the flower reef, she wears her like a necklace, while he covers his eyes with it. Or the umbrella scene, with her she's very exposed from the umbrella, with holding it properly but having the canopy facing up while he is shrouded by it, holding it upside down and having the canopy surround him. The club suits they attached them bring this together too, since the spade is an upside down heart with a stem.

The song was also solid. Will be honest and say I wish there was more motion to this, and I don't quite get everything the two do. Not sure on what the crayons represent, outside of maybe a countdown. Perhaps a countdown to the end of the childhood friendship and beginning their real relationship. The two constantly play with children stuff during the video so I had assumed they were childhood friends, and after the crayon countdown that stops and it focuses on their relationship specifically, so yeah, I guess the crayons represent that. Still wish there was more motion to this though. 7/10.
Mar 6, 2023 4:34 PM
Mar 2019
Pretty nice song.
Itā€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.