Forum Settings
Forums
New
Sep 27, 2015 4:56 PM

Mar 2012
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS VOLUME.
----------------------------------------
Volume 4 is ready to be translated. I hope that translator start it when anime air not after it.
Kickstarter for Rokujouma is fully funded. Good work everyone. Lets wait for the result of our hard work together.
Oct 5, 2015 8:01 AM

Jan 2015
Where do stay up-to-date with the translation if I may ask? I've read the 1-3 volumes on baka tsuki wiki (full text) and I saw a forumpost from KLSymph that he was going to start on volume 4. But the wiki is not a very convenient way to stay up to date imo.
Oct 5, 2015 8:04 AM

Mar 2012
Recent change page on BT.
Kickstarter for Rokujouma is fully funded. Good work everyone. Lets wait for the result of our hard work together.
Nov 3, 2015 10:18 PM

Mar 2012
Slowly and surely getting updated. I hope translator keep this momentum.
Nov 11, 2015 2:47 AM

Mar 2012
Chapter 1 completed. Mostly setup chapter and introduction with some sweet moment from Ikki and Stella as always. Training between Stella and Touka is good too. More of Touka will never hurt. We also get a glimpse of Alice past after his revelation in last volume. More of it should be coming this volume.

I'm also agree with Ikki that something is amiss with Shinomiya. The moment he appear I know there will be much more to him than what initially appear.

Oh well chapter 2 should be finished this week. First part is already translated too and it contain another part of Alice past.
Nov 11, 2015 11:48 PM

Nov 2015
Too bad we will never see Stella and Ikki cute scene in chapter 1 animated...
Nov 12, 2015 5:07 AM

Mar 2012
Nooooooooooooo Kagami ;_;
Nov 16, 2015 4:48 PM

Apr 2015
Too bad. I would like to see Ikki and Stella scene from chapther 1 animated. Does someone Know If it is possible a second season of Rakudai?
lcborellaNov 16, 2015 5:39 PM
Nov 16, 2015 7:32 PM

Mar 2012
lcborella said:
Too bad. I would like to see Ikki and Stella scene from chapther 1 animated. Does someone Know If it is possible a second season of Rakudai?
The posibility certaintly exist with boost for LN but the sales for anime seems like 3k on average make it hard.
Nov 17, 2015 5:06 AM

Mar 2012
Thing become interesting here. Oreki-sensei isn't pushover either aiming straight at vital spot the moment she get a chance. Too bad that Akatsuki is a bunch of irregular people. maybe this time Nene and Kurono will take the stage.
Nov 19, 2015 3:56 AM

Mar 2012
Declaration of war and face to face confrontation. This arc is getting better and better.
Nov 21, 2015 9:07 AM

Nov 2015
NeoAnkara said:
Declaration of war and face to face confrontation. This arc is getting better and better.

Can't wait to read part 6 of chapter 3
Nov 25, 2015 3:11 AM

Mar 2012
Lol at the end.

But really this chapter sure is intense with one revelation after another.
Dec 23, 2015 4:12 AM
Feb 2015
Well the volume has lots of things happening and i can't say it's bad at all. Especially like how they introduce Akatsuki. If this part ever gets animated, i think it'll shut those that are still drunk enough to say Asterisk and Rakudai are carbon copies.
Jan 1, 2016 1:12 AM

Jul 2014
The talks of "I knew what you'd done, so I countered it." "Lol I knew that you knew what I was going to do, so I'll counter your counter-measures." is seriously starting to get under my skin.
Kano_NTJan 1, 2016 5:02 AM
Jan 9, 2017 4:21 PM

Mar 2016
Um, did the author go full sadist mode with alice's backstory ? Man cause that's fucked up in every way .
Edit : finished reading the volume. I really like how much thought and details is put into the techniques and used strategies. Everyone from Hagun got destroyed in this volume except shizuku, and even she had to pull off a very risky technique she learnt to win. That twin wings woman is op as fuck. I also liked the introduction of politics with adults and governmental officials pullying strings to push their agenda and ideas of imperialism, monopolizing, and nationalism are brought up .
Shishou_23Jan 13, 2017 7:14 PM
May 16, 2018 6:14 AM

Mar 2018
Damn - this story starts to get crazy!

The anime adaptation only covers volumes 1-3, so this volume advances the storyline beyond the anime. My expectations were low. I was expecting a tame and predictable martial arts tournament, forgettable but bouyed up by the sweet romance between the two leads, Stella and Ikki.

But holy shit, I was wrong. It kicks off with a twist and a mystery that provides more than enough suspense to carry the whole volume. I was shocked by the revelation and biting my nails in fear for what would happen to the characters. (Strictly speaking, the twist is introduced in the epilogue to volume 3. Said epilogue is cut from the anime.)

I don't know why Shizuku is on the cover. It should have been Alice on the cover. For me, this volume is all about Alice - her back story, her relationship with Shizuku and others, and her relationship with the villains. (Alice is a trans-woman, so I am going to call her "she".)

The romance takes a back seat in this volume. There is just one scene where we see romantic growth. Stella and Ikki must overcome the next daunting step of their relationship - hugging? I dunno. It's a bit odd for me, with my very liberal sexual morals. It is probably less odd if your are Japanese. Still, it's very sweet.

There is a clear tonal shift in the series. At first it seems a quite happy story set in a friendly world: Ikki is relentlessly optimistic, the endings are generally happy and most people seem friendly and supportive, with only a few bad apples to create drama. But gradually the story turns darker. The happy world we thought we saw turns out to be a thin veneer hiding a dystopia of corruption, mafia and political malice. This shift was clearly evident in volume 3 with Akaza Mamoru's atrocities (also present in the anime), and it gets even worse in volume 4. This is absolutely the darkest chapter yet.

In summary, this volume still has the sweet romance I came for, plus a story way more gripping than anything in the first three volumes.

More topics from this board

» Rakudai Kishi no Cavalry J-novel club save series

Otaku-Aniki - Nov 18, 2023

4 by DruvaLV »»
Nov 26, 2023 5:33 PM

Poll: » Rakudai Kishi no Cavalry Volume 2 Discussion

-Karoshi- - Aug 17, 2014

3 by Kevin9029 »»
Oct 19, 2023 10:50 AM

» The final volume will be released on 15 December, 2023

ARK-13 - Jul 21, 2023

7 by _asi »»
Oct 6, 2023 3:09 AM

» Reminder that if you disrespect Alice you are measurably worse than Shizuku

Rosiero - Feb 25, 2023

19 by KryoKat »»
Mar 11, 2023 6:32 AM

» Volume 19 release date ?

crispycereal - Jul 24, 2021

1 by Nebus789 »»
Jan 1, 2023 7:29 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.