Forum Settings
Forums
Poll: Sidonia no Kishi Chapter 78 Discussion


#1
Sep 27, 2015 8:37 AM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2011
Posts: 111092
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
Woo, welcome back Tsugumi!

This felt like a closure chapter imo. Some of the development felt rushed but overall was still satisfying. Loved the series overall and I'm hoping that we get more Sidonia related anime in the future! 8/10.
 
#2
Sep 27, 2015 10:53 AM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2010
Posts: 10990
Wth I remember seeing the manga is ending but already :O

Tsumugi became humanoid and Yuhata became a guy O_o and not just that she got together with Izana lol

Anyway Gauna Tsumugi was cuter than humanoid one but well she won so whatever ^^;
 
#3
Sep 27, 2015 10:53 AM

Offline
Joined: May 2011
Posts: 49
And they live happily ever after.

LOL at the "new" Yuhata.
 
#4
Sep 27, 2015 11:06 AM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2008
Posts: 3924
Putting aside rushed ending and an asspull revival... what the actual fuck Yuhata? Really, what the hell was that. How was that in any way needed. That's not how you resolve unrequited love. That's not how you resolve anything. Really solid series but that shitty ending leaves very bad after-taste.
Ii tenki desu ne...
 
#5
Sep 27, 2015 11:58 AM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2009
Posts: 646
Oh wow i didn't expect to see Tsumugi again...as a human nonetheless.

I did feel that some parts were getting skipped but i didn't know that the series would end so soon.

Oh well was enjoyable nevertheless.
 
#6
Sep 27, 2015 12:19 PM
Offline
Joined: Sep 2015
Posts: 1
Not to be negative on my first post here but wow I really disliked that ending. Oh man.... been awhile since I've seen an ending that rushed or terrible.
 
#7
Sep 27, 2015 1:30 PM
Offline
Joined: May 2014
Posts: 57
What I did expect was Izana convincing Yure to "ressurect" Tsugmugi in some way. What I did not expect was Yuhata becoming a "dude." Izana if any but the natural-born female?

Regardless, what intrigues me most is this quote.

Maybe we'll see a sequel manga? It would make sense seeing as there are still 39 more Sights to cover. Better yet with Izana being the main character. A Sidonia without a god-gifted ace like Nagate. That'd sure be something.
 
#8
Sep 27, 2015 2:26 PM

Offline
Joined: May 2013
Posts: 7106
Funny seeing Yuhata turn herself into a guy lol. I hope there will be a sequel.
 
#9
Sep 27, 2015 3:57 PM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2007
Posts: 367
TanukiKid said:
What I did expect was Izana convincing Yure to "ressurect" Tsugmugi in some way. What I did not expect was Yuhata becoming a "dude." Izana if any but the natural-born female?


Agreed. They manage so much technological advancement in this series, especially with regards to the Gauna. I would've just been pissed and disappointed if they didn't manage to save some physical aspect of Tsumugi.

Especially (ESPECIALLY) if lameass Tsuruchi was going to survive all this shit.
Modified by Ani-Blast, Sep 27, 2015 4:05 PM
きみ は だれ だい?
ぼく は ラムボ!
ぼく は だれ だい?
きみ は ラムボ!
ラムボ なんでし!
 
Sep 27, 2015 10:56 PM

Offline
Joined: May 2014
Posts: 409
I have to admit it's tough to finish Sidonia. The way the Gauna/Chimera Ochiai are designed, fights are all or nothing - there's no such thing as a marginal victory or defeat with weapons like the GBE around. Therefore, you won't be seeing the kind of battles that you would in Blame!

Perhaps things may not have been as rushed if the story took some time to uncover the origin of the Gauna (though not perfectly), and try to induce more complexity in the parts of the story involving Ochiai - giving him something more interesting to do rather than point a GBE at Sidonia and blow it away.

As mentioned above, some of the relationships took a rather suprisingly stupid turn.

Regardless, I still like this a lot more than Biomega, which was scant on character interaction and also full of asspulls.
Typing on an ipad is like driving carpentry nails with a sledgehammer.
 
Sep 28, 2015 2:46 AM
Offline
Joined: Oct 2010
Posts: 157
We never got to meet the russians this time.
Atleast Bear was there.
 
Sep 28, 2015 1:54 PM
Hitagi's Pet

Offline
Joined: Nov 2009
Posts: 8319
It's been quite a ride Sidonia. When it was good it was great, but the final arc felt a bit rushed and honestly almost a bit out of character for Niheil. The ending was so happy/corny at times that I almost wonder if Nihei isn't just having a laugh with all this (or hit himself on the head at one point). Is this the guy who did Blame and Biomega? I mean even Tsuruchi forgot a happy end!

I wonder what Nihei's next project will be like? I hope he gets to work soon after a little break.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

 
Sep 28, 2015 8:36 PM
Offline
Joined: May 2010
Posts: 125
damnit yuhata becoming a dude really killed my boner. i mean it's so left field, it came from nowhere. and hooking up with izana? what? so we were led to believe tanikaze had this harem and all of a sudden...poof?! well the harem tool in anime is always hard to cap off. still...i really like yuhata as a girl...gah...and the ending just seemed thrown together and tied up loose ends from nowhere.

like what is the gauna exactly? are the gauna entirely bad? after all their placenta helped create a new earth. or maybe gauna help seed new planets and life and humanity kept destroying their own worlds so gauna wanted to destroy humanity for being a total asshole b/c humanity kept destroying their own planets. gauna maybe the good guys trying to make life and humanity always trying to destroy the life gauna create? idk...i'm trying to see how gauna remains helping humanity explains their actions against them and sidonia. maybe ochiai really knew gauna's nature and intent and wanted to make humanity better idk..

and what are kabi, what are gauna, that ancient cheese structure? too many questions left that will never be answered.

stupid ending, made the manga really poor. thumbs down.
 
Sep 29, 2015 4:28 PM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2013
Posts: 7471
No wonder how Yuhata and Izana ended up a thing, they had a lot in common with regards to how badly cucked they were by a fucking Chimera. Anyhow, forced and rushed happy to an extremely disappointing manga.
Modified by gedata, Oct 18, 2015 7:46 AM
 
Sep 30, 2015 9:09 AM

Online
Joined: Sep 2012
Posts: 3948
I'll be honest here, that was a shitty ending. I could've even given this a 10 if finished properly, but I can't give it more than a 9- at best now, maybe an 8.
 
Oct 2, 2015 8:26 AM
Offline
Joined: Jun 2013
Posts: 2404
what a dumb ending to a bleh series.
Modified by souledge94, Oct 2, 2015 9:12 AM
 
Oct 2, 2015 7:19 PM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2013
Posts: 4849
Gay ending tbh
 
Oct 6, 2015 2:25 AM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2014
Posts: 12875
This was a rushed ending definitely with no real proper sense of closure. Nice to see Tsumugi back

8/10. Time to read Blame.
All credit goes to Sacred.
 
Oct 7, 2015 10:13 PM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2011
Posts: 54
I never asked for this.

Wish it could go on for a better ending. I give it an 8.
Can such a dream truely exist?
 
Oct 12, 2015 1:52 AM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2013
Posts: 364
I don't have any particular problems with the ending for the most part. To be completely honest, I found myself a lot more disappointed with the preceding chapter. If you want to talk about disappointing/rushed, then chapter 77 is a prime example of this.

Tsumugi being recreated/reborn as a human is entirely possible when you consider just how advanced the technology was on Sidonia. I honestly have a harder time accepting Yuhata turning into a guy. Not because it isn't possible or plausible in-world, but because it's completely fucking stupid and out of left field.

I enjoyed the series overall though. Hopefully those so called "sequel hints" are actually hints of a sequel and not the author trolling.
 
Oct 20, 2015 10:57 PM
Anime Moderator
Offline
Joined: Aug 2012
Posts: 7302
Antanaru said:
Putting aside rushed ending and an asspull revival... what the actual fuck Yuhata? Really, what the hell was that. How was that in any way needed. That's not how you resolve unrequited love. That's not how you resolve anything. Really solid series but that shitty ending leaves very bad after-taste.

Ugh seriously, wtf was that, like for real? If Izana didn't get Nagate, she doesn't have to get some random forced ship out of nowhere. No foreshadowing whatsoever, I am disappointed. I really enjoyed the first 50 chapters or so, even read those chapters three times because I liked it so much and couldn't wait for the scanlations to come out. But towards the last 10+ chapters I didn't feel the same about the manga anymore. Also, goddammit authors, stop reviving characters who are supposed to be dead. I like Tsumugi and I like happy endings, but everything was too happy in the end.
 
Oct 21, 2015 9:54 AM
Offline
Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 43
I enjoyed the ending. Not sure why people are complaining about stuff coming out of nowhere, nearly everything in the last chapter was foreshadowed well in advance. The last arc felt a bit rushed, but not unnaturally so. Perhaps reading it in one sitting helped make it feel more cohesive.
 
Oct 21, 2015 1:22 PM

Offline
Joined: May 2014
Posts: 409
Well, it's over. Would be great if Nihei is to continue Netsphere Engineer.
Typing on an ipad is like driving carpentry nails with a sledgehammer.
 
Jan 15, 2016 6:33 PM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2012
Posts: 570
WHAT THE HELL
Shinatose Yure managed to uncover Ochiai's secrets about personality transfers through Mozuku's body regeneration (???) and then transfered Tsumugi's personality into the 2nd Placenta Hoshijiro they 'captured'...

AND NAGATE MANAGED TO PROCREATE WITH IT AND GET A HUMAN CHILD ? ? what the fuck

Also why the hell did she afterwards 'lose' her Hoshijiro appearance, now she gots one clear eye instead of having two black eyes? huh. And her hairstyle (which is the N°1 distinctive sign in a manga lol) is totally different, it's hard to even recognize her at this point. They barely explained it. Oh but Hishijiro's memories are also magically remaining in her, so it's alright huh.

ALSO WUT YUHATA ? ? ? ? ? Went from straight for Nagate to lesbian for Izana out of nowhere and now she's a transgender? Are you kidding me?

(well at least she/he made Izana happy unlike that dimwit jerk Nagate huh)

I'm so pissed, this is worse than GANTZ(manga) and Tokyo Ghoul(anime second season) endings combined

Changing my rating from 9 to 6

Not eager to watch a third anime season at this point. First 2 seasons were alright though.

Manga went to shit after around chapter 60 ish...

R.I.P Nagate x Izana

I guess Nihei was just trolling all along (probably) or maybe he got some serious deadlines pushed onto him (or just wasn't sure how the hell to end it all like it seems to happen often in his works)


Oh well, on the bright side, I'm so pissed that I'll not get emotionally distressed or feeling empty or in withdrawal like usual when I watch some anime with characters I like (comedies, dramas, romances genres)... What a waste of time it has been (and I thought GANTZ' shitty ending couldn't be beaten)
Modified by Hyunckel, Jan 15, 2016 7:11 PM

 
Jan 15, 2016 7:59 PM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2012
Posts: 570
Just gonna copy paste this quote from 4CHAN I saw right now from a very recent thread about this shitty trolling ending (and the lack of a proper Izana x Nagate ending despite all the buildup)


  • most of /a/ is rallied behind Izana
  • Nagate is hung up on dead Hoshijiro, which he'd probably get over if there weren't at least two clones of her around he was repeatedly having to interact with
  • Yuhata also has a decent fanbase
  • Tsumugi is the offspring of the "nice" Hoshijiro clone Nagate had grown affectionate towards
  • Nagate shows an increasing bias towards Tsumugi as the story becomes more centered around relationships
  • hope remains for Izana and Yuhata since Tsumugi is a giant alien with dick tentacles
  • Izana is hopelessly cucked despite being one of his closest and literally his oldest friend
  • /a/ rages in despair, but still hope
  • Tsumigi dies to save the day; the path to an Izana-end seems inevitable as Izana-fags cream themselves again and again
  • THE VERY NEXT CHAPTER, it turns out there's a human-type clone of Hoshijiro and Tsumugi with Tsumugi's memories
  • Nagate gets exactly what he's wanted the entire series and fucks her immediately
  • Izana and Yuhata don't even
  • with no buildup, Yuhata is reintroduced as a man and is fucking Izana, and she seems to like it
  • Nagate and Tsumujiro settle down with a kid
  • Hoshijiro-fags are upset the guy is fucking a lookalike
  • Izana-fags are upset she lost and settled on fucking a character who was never even on the DRADIS
  • Yuhata-fags are upset their waifu is an ugly dude who's fucking their arch-rival, who's also sloppy seconds
  • Tsumugi-fags are upset that she basically got reincarnated as a human
  • Non-shippers devastated the series turned into awful waifushit
  • Literally nobody is happy


My face when I watched season 1 & 2 (top row) then proceeded to read the manga (mid row) and then my reaction at the ending in chapt 78 (bottom row):
Modified by Hyunckel, Jan 17, 2016 6:13 AM

 
Jan 28, 2016 5:59 PM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2010
Posts: 506
Worst ending ever, WTF, you killed that fucking worm to revive it looking like the best girl in the next episode, that worm distroyed the manga.


5/10
 
Feb 8, 2016 6:09 AM
Offline
Joined: Feb 2016
Posts: 1
So, hi everyone, I am new to manga/anime sort and seeing Knights of Sidonia anime, I read through the manga with enthusiasm.I really liked the anime so I went straight to the manga. After reading the ending, I HAD to register just to say

WTF!!! What the hell was the writer thinking?This must have been the worst rush ending in the history of rush endings, not to mention the stupidly enormous plot holes!
I could see the Nagate x Hoshijiro ending together somehow, since it was obvious from the start that it was like destiny for Nagate to be with his true love (which is romantic ok), I could even see tsumugi somehow transforming to her mother, but all this "explained" in half a page? After so much feeding of the Nagate passion this deserved a better explaining and build up. So disappointing..
Izana seemed after the staged incident with Nagate from her grandmother to have come to terms of being a best friend but ending with a male Yuhata? WTF? Totally lame.
I won't even start the added human child, why the fuck is shoved to us like that in just one page, like is mandatory for them to procreate to give us a happy ending. This could have been the first page of a next generation Knights of Sidonia, not the end of this, with so many mysteries still unresolved. All in all, for me this manga is ruined, I don't even care to see a season 3 anime of this. A waste of time. Also, totally agree with the one below. :(

Hyunckel said:
Just gonna copy paste this quote from 4CHAN I saw right now from a very recent thread about this shitty trolling ending (and the lack of a proper Izana x Nagate ending despite all the buildup)


  • most of /a/ is rallied behind Izana
  • Nagate is hung up on dead Hoshijiro, which he'd probably get over if there weren't at least two clones of her around he was repeatedly having to interact with
  • Yuhata also has a decent fanbase
  • Tsumugi is the offspring of the "nice" Hoshijiro clone Nagate had grown affectionate towards
  • Nagate shows an increasing bias towards Tsumugi as the story becomes more centered around relationships
  • hope remains for Izana and Yuhata since Tsumugi is a giant alien with dick tentacles
  • Izana is hopelessly cucked despite being one of his closest and literally his oldest friend
  • /a/ rages in despair, but still hope
  • Tsumigi dies to save the day; the path to an Izana-end seems inevitable as Izana-fags cream themselves again and again
  • THE VERY NEXT CHAPTER, it turns out there's a human-type clone of Hoshijiro and Tsumugi with Tsumugi's memories
  • Nagate gets exactly what he's wanted the entire series and fucks her immediately
  • Izana and Yuhata don't even
  • with no buildup, Yuhata is reintroduced as a man and is fucking Izana, and she seems to like it
  • Nagate and Tsumujiro settle down with a kid
  • Hoshijiro-fags are upset the guy is fucking a lookalike
  • Izana-fags are upset she lost and settled on fucking a character who was never even on the DRADIS
  • Yuhata-fags are upset their waifu is an ugly dude who's fucking their arch-rival, who's also sloppy seconds
  • Tsumugi-fags are upset that she basically got reincarnated as a human
  • Non-shippers devastated the series turned into awful waifushit
  • Literally nobody is happy


My face when I watched season 1 & 2 (top row) then proceeded to read the manga (mid row) and then my reaction at the ending in chapt 78 (bottom row):
 
Feb 16, 2016 10:50 AM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2012
Posts: 12358
What the hell was my whole reaction to the things that happened after S2 stuff ended lol
Especially Yuhata , like wtf man.

Loved the ending though, catered to every thing i expected in the Manga.
10/10

Time to read all of his other stuff lol
 
Mar 23, 2016 5:48 PM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2014
Posts: 70
A lot of people across the internet appear to be bothered by the many loose ends of the writing so I've decided to write a response to the final chapter.

However, to do this, one must first go back to what the final chapter means, and what it concludes on. This may seem unnecessary since you will probably say that this series is about the Sidonia's fight against the gauna. However, please pay attention to the title of the series - Sidonia no Kishi. Sidonia no Kishi - Knight(s) of Sidonia. More specifically, Sidonia no Kishi is about the knights, the pilots, and the person who most embraces or represents this element of the story is Nagate. Sidonia no Kishi is not merely about the fight of the Sidonia. At its core, it is a story about Nagate. It is about him becoming a hero, and him facing the consequences (both positive and negative) of assuming such a role.

In this sense, the ending chapter of this series is actually pretty good. His relationships with the numerous characters has reached their final phases. He has overcome his biggest adversary (Ochiai). He has safely led the Sidonia to settle in the Lem system. By the last chapter, the journey of Tanikaze Nagate has finally ended.

Although there are many elements of the universe left unanswered, and some somewhat unbelievable development (Yuhata), the final chapter manages to nicely conclude THE MOST important plot line of the series.

Taking into consideration of the possibilities of a sequel (it is unreasonable to assume that the mangaka drew this particular frames without conclusion due to his caliber) which would hopefully explore more of the series's universe, I do believe that this final chapter is actually pretty good.
 
Mar 30, 2016 4:53 PM
Offline
Joined: Mar 2016
Posts: 1
Hyunckel - I just now finished the manga. Everything you and 4chan said, just, yes. Perfectly encapsulated my feelings of the manga. I'd rather have a Neon Genesis fan reaction ending than this. Kill em all ^_^
 
Apr 30, 2016 5:12 PM
Offline
Joined: Apr 2016
Posts: 1
FerielSun said:
So, hi everyone, I am new to manga/anime sort and seeing Knights of Sidonia anime, I read through the manga with enthusiasm.I really liked the anime so I went straight to the manga. After reading the ending, I HAD to register just to say

WTF!!! What the hell was the writer thinking?This must have been the worst rush ending in the history of rush endings, not to mention the stupidly enormous plot holes!
I could see the Nagate x Hoshijiro ending together somehow, since it was obvious from the start that it was like destiny for Nagate to be with his true love (which is romantic ok), I could even see tsumugi somehow transforming to her mother, but all this "explained" in half a page? After so much feeding of the Nagate passion this deserved a better explaining and build up. So disappointing..
Izana seemed after the staged incident with Nagate from her grandmother to have come to terms of being a best friend but ending with a male Yuhata? WTF? Totally lame.
I won't even start the added human child, why the fuck is shoved to us like that in just one page, like is mandatory for them to procreate to give us a happy ending. This could have been the first page of a next generation Knights of Sidonia, not the end of this, with so many mysteries still unresolved. All in all, for me this manga is ruined, I don't even care to see a season 3 anime of this. A waste of time. Also, totally agree with the one below. :(

Hyunckel said:
Just gonna copy paste this quote from 4CHAN I saw right now from a very recent thread about this shitty trolling ending (and the lack of a proper Izana x Nagate ending despite all the buildup)



My face when I watched season 1 & 2 (top row) then proceeded to read the manga (mid row) and then my reaction at the ending in chapt 78 (bottom row):


You sir, are a gosh damn hero. This ending was literally and I do mean LITERALLY the worst piece of literature I've ever read... Taking out chapter 78 the series is almost without flaw, definitely an 8/10 or 9/10. But then that ending...

boyofmystery said:
A lot of people across the internet appear to be bothered by the many loose ends of the writing so I've decided to write a response to the final chapter.

However, to do this, one must first go back to what the final chapter means, and what it concludes on. This may seem unnecessary since you will probably say that this series is about the Sidonia's fight against the gauna. However, please pay attention to the title of the series - Sidonia no Kishi. Sidonia no Kishi - Knight(s) of Sidonia. More specifically, Sidonia no Kishi is about the knights, the pilots, and the person who most embraces or represents this element of the story is Nagate. Sidonia no Kishi is not merely about the fight of the Sidonia. At its core, it is a story about Nagate. It is about him becoming a hero, and him facing the consequences (both positive and negative) of assuming such a role.

In this sense, the ending chapter of this series is actually pretty good. His relationships with the numerous characters has reached their final phases. He has overcome his biggest adversary (Ochiai). He has safely led the Sidonia to settle in the Lem system. By the last chapter, the journey of Tanikaze Nagate has finally ended.

Although there are many elements of the universe left unanswered, and some somewhat unbelievable development (Yuhata), the final chapter manages to nicely conclude THE MOST important plot line of the series.

Taking into consideration of the possibilities of a sequel (it is unreasonable to assume that the mangaka drew this particular frames without conclusion due to his caliber) which would hopefully explore more of the series's universe, I do believe that this final chapter is actually pretty good.


What 'Choo talkin about willis? Everybody and I do mean -everybody- knows this series is about Sidonia's soldiers as their focal point but time and time again the most important thing in series is Sidonia. The knights of Sidonia as it were are completely willing to sacrifice everything to protect it, this includes friends and loved ones. When Akai does is dumb-butt move of trying to save Momose he gets everybody killed and puts Sidonia at direct risk.

This book time and time again states these knights SHOULD sacrifice everything for Sidonia, when they aren't willing to go all the way they die and get others killed. Kunato for instance tries to be selfish once and gets his romantic interest and only friend wiped out and the person he wanted to kill survives. He then goes through PTSD and breaks down.

Kobayashi outright will kill thousands of people just to protect it in the better interest... Everything in the series is literally focused around keeping Sidonia alive. The characters are simply the narrators of the story, Sidonia is the single most important thing in the series.

The ending chapter now... It was trash. The worst thing I've ever read. Worse than anything Orson Scott Card has written other than the original Enders Game. The ending takes the entire sacrifice element out of the series, this once hard hitting semi-hard sci-fi with outright consequences turns into this lovey dovey feel good fest. He turned it from a work of art into a Disney moving. I don't know about you but I am over the age of 14 and I Wanted something that artistically meant something and wasn't just pandering to the echi/ero crowd.

The ending is rushed, it feels like he got bored with the series to be frank and wanted to kill it off dead in a heartbeat. Mystery is fine, but no one goes on to explore where the Kabi actually came from? They keep using Haigus particles on the colony when they KNOW it will get them killed? Why wasn't there a net of gravity emitters in space to defend from the Gauna destroying the colony that we saw at the end? Why did Yuhata randomly transition? That's not how to deal with unrequited love, that's not how you deal with a situation... Tsmugi's sacrifice means -nothing- now, the captain abandons her stoic mission to see Sidonia through. About the only good thing was Samari and Tsurichi actually got together, but it was still ruined because the doctor outright apologized as if he was going to die. What, Nieh expects us to believe shaking and smacking a terminal patient's head into a head board is a cure all panacea for "he's about to die?"

This ending literally fails in every respect, there was nothing to save it or good about it. It was simple pandering to people who actually would eat this up and it means nothing, there is NO MEANING behind this ending! You don't go from cosmic horror to Frozen and then back again.

Also, why would Tsmugi be propegating blood nematode's in her body... She had no knowledge about them and placenta is limited to what the creature knows so there'd be no way for her to remake the damn things. The Tsmugi human clone should literally be a brainless drooling puppet writing "Nagate" on a window.
 
May 16, 2016 5:57 PM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2016
Posts: 168
Pretty sure the placenta was made so that it could procreate with humans, but it was a decent ending. I missed the original Girl though. Tsugumi was nice and all, but it felt like a father daughter realtionship for a long while.
 
Aug 1, 2016 6:09 PM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2016
Posts: 45
Yuhata becoming a guy was so random I can't even. Seriously. And getting together with Izana? This chapter is complete garbage. I can't believe it ended like this. You've got to be kidding me.

TsumugixTanikaze was fine as platonic love. But to actually see it happening and in such silly way? They couldn't have forced it down our throats any harder.

At least we got to see Lala's real self.
 
Aug 7, 2016 1:35 AM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2015
Posts: 339
god .. I need this crap chapter become non-cannon .. is this the real author of BLAME? god .. Nihei surely playing with our heart ..
4th times getting signature banned wtf
 
Sep 6, 2016 12:42 AM
♋ Father Wolf ♋

Offline
Joined: Aug 2015
Posts: 1697
I.. I'm struggling to find words for my anger.
Yuhata x Izana infuriates me the most.

Great concept, decent execution for the most part, some rather lackluster monster designs (compared to Nihei's other works), and a harem I was hanging on for which ended only in disappointment. ?/10.
 
Oct 1, 2016 2:48 AM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2014
Posts: 4568
These shipper-fags should stfu. Gtfo and just read more harem.

I cant believe some people will disregard the story, world building, the atmosphere and the god-tier art just because their ship didn't sail.

OH SHIT I HATE THESE PAIRINGS 1/10
The story wasn't even a romance focused.
/facepalm
 
Oct 26, 2016 4:17 AM
Offline
Joined: Dec 2010
Posts: 2
Am I the only one who hoped that Izana will end with Nagate?
 
Nov 27, 2016 10:16 AM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2015
Posts: 339
DonPedja said:
Am I the only one who hoped that Izana will end with Nagate?

Dude, most population in here are Izana's supporter :vvvvvv or hoshi (dead and better than that clone tentacles). Nihei just trolled people. Talking to other than romance, somehow the story didn't come my expectation, need more explanation. Overall, a very weak ending
2/5 for me. 2 for the enjoyment of the first half story.
4th times getting signature banned wtf
 
Nov 27, 2016 12:29 PM
Offline
Joined: Dec 2010
Posts: 2
nearbaskara said:
DonPedja said:
Am I the only one who hoped that Izana will end with Nagate?

Dude, most population in here are Izana's supporter :vvvvvv or hoshi (dead and better than that clone tentacles). Nihei just trolled people. Talking to other than romance, somehow the story didn't come my expectation, need more explanation. Overall, a very weak ending
2/5 for me. 2 for the enjoyment of the first half story.


Honestly, he could have done a better job at bringing this manga to an end. Still, I liked the ending as it somehow resolved the issues placed in the previous chapters. However, some questions still remain to torture people like : Who are Gauna,why did they resemble humans, where did they come from and what was their ultimate goal? Will they strike again? etc. What I am saying is, I want more of this soon :)
 
Feb 5, 2017 8:20 AM
Offline
Joined: Jun 2014
Posts: 189
That was a great ending to a great story. 10/10
 
Mar 7, 2017 8:15 PM

Offline
Joined: May 2012
Posts: 613
LOL the Izana-fags really died with the end. I don't know why so many people wanted they to end together. Nagate never saw Izana as anything other than a friend. Izana tried to throw tantrums when she was unhappy and jealous of him, but it never reached him. Nagate choosing Tsumugi was more original and less forced than he having to accept Izana just because she was near him.

I liked the manga a lot and i liked the end as well. The sci-fi aspect of it was amazing and i can only dream about the humankind flying on a ship like that through the space for hundreds of years.

The ship did well it's intended job, colonized a planet and set off for another journey. I liked how the captain and other members of the immortal crew stayed on the planet. They lived for so long doing their duties that they need their deserved calm and simple life.

Yuhata turning into man was really...strange to say the least, but she did gave a hint about being into Izana when Nagate was dating Tsumugi on chapter 63, but i would have preferred to see then together as a Yuri couple and maybe Izana hinting at the end that her body was changing again.

I find it strange for them to think they won the war against the gauna. Like since they don't know where the gauna came from it's hard to tell if there are more of them.

One thing though is that i think the anime had a better pace at the beginning. Hoshijiro was introduced sooner on the anime and it felt more natural when Nagate started to show interest on her. On the manga his interest was kind of nowhere. Also, it some events had it's order changed and i liked the anime order more (like Nagate seeing the girls doing photosynthesis).

Overall 9/10. I'll certainly miss this manga, but i hope they make another anime season.
Signature removed <----- that was totally BS. MAL mods nowadays...sigh.
 
Jun 18, 2017 4:09 PM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2012
Posts: 139
I didn't really care about the romance in particular... and I still don't..

But I still must admit, even a person as dense as me, with my only closest rival probably being Nagate - wtf did just happen...
There are just so many plot holes made by a single chapter(okay, I can admit that the last arc and battle as a whole was deus ex machina, but let's forget about all this for now) - why is chimera's child fully human? Tsugumi was created the same way that the daughter of Nagate did, well.. almost, I suppose... and look at her - she could barely be different from gauna.. and now a full human..
But let's forget about that - this can be ignored because it wasn't clear who the mother was... honestly, dialogue wise it didn't feel like hoshijiro was the mother, but whatever...

Some incredibly strange pairings too... but let's ignore that as well and continue onto extra.. how did they actually manage to find more gauna eventually? Uh, they kinda destroyed it, and even if more remained somewhere.. idk.. it just feels so unreal that they encountered more... when they literally killed off everything in close proximity. And I doubt they just sent sidonia without any scouting, did they?

Idk how low I am supposed to drop the score for this one.. it was such an engaging manga and just when everything started to make sense we get such a low blow out of nowhere...
You would literally have to try very hard to make this last arc worse than it was, considering the solid base it built upon...
 
Jul 1, 2017 2:42 AM
Offline
Joined: Jul 2012
Posts: 134
Worst ending I have seen in a while. It literally makes no sense for a multitude of reasons. Why would Kobayashi, who finds settlers ridiculous, settle a planet herself along with her immortal friends? What about the dangers of using higgs particles to power things in the colony? Why would Yuhata switch gender? Or did she really? Why isn't Izana becoming the male by switching gender herself again? When did Yuhata and Izana end up together?

Now I don't mind happy endings to a manga or anime where the characters face hardships, but this one is just... Awful in its own way. It feels like the ending to a whole different manga. It just doesn't feel like something that would take place in this particular series.

Overall, the manga is amazing and might be worth a 10, but the ending? Well, I clicked the "1 out of 5: Hated it" button...
When people tell me to stream anime on CR instead of downloading from fansub sites.

 
Jul 1, 2017 2:55 AM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2016
Posts: 769
teubert2 said:
Worst ending I have seen in a while. It literally makes no sense for a multitude of reasons. Why would Kobayashi, who finds settlers ridiculous, settle a planet herself along with her immortal friends? What about the dangers of using higgs particles to power things in the colony? Why would Yuhata switch gender? Or did she really? Why isn't Izana becoming the male by switching gender herself again? When did Yuhata and Izana end up together?



An idea to explore in the manga is the search of life in space(s), or even evolution and the fight against it. I wouldn't call the manga the shit (sure nihei art god etc) and it's not very fresh in my mind but by the end it basically says everyone can look for their place/life in the big big universe your gauna lady and enemies (can't actually remember what happens to gaunas and the evil scientist) and others included.
Modified by Fondente, Jul 1, 2017 3:13 AM
 
Jul 1, 2017 3:33 AM
Offline
Joined: Jul 2012
Posts: 134
exxxe said:
teubert2 said:
Worst ending I have seen in a while. It literally makes no sense for a multitude of reasons. Why would Kobayashi, who finds settlers ridiculous, settle a planet herself along with her immortal friends? What about the dangers of using higgs particles to power things in the colony? Why would Yuhata switch gender? Or did she really? Why isn't Izana becoming the male by switching gender herself again? When did Yuhata and Izana end up together?



An idea to explore in the manga is the search of life in space(s), or even evolution and the fight against it. I wouldn't call the manga the shit (sure nihei art god etc, silence of space is captured okay) and it's not very fresh in my mind but by the end it basically says everyone can look for their place/life in the big big universe your gauna lady and enemies (can't actually remember what happens to gaunas and the evil scientist) and others included.


The evil scientist is killed by Tanikaze inside the star Lem. Yes everyone can look for their place/life in the universe, but the ending just feel unrealistic for this series. A 100.000 people wanting to leave Sidonia to settle a planet is enough to make Kobayashi (the captain) allow them, which makes it seem like a small faction, but big enough to listen to them. When they have left, Sidonia seems far from being void of people, in fact it seems like it really was just a minor faction. Now according to what is said in the aftermath of the "Sidonia eating" gauna attack, not a lot of people died when Sidonia was partly eaten, which is probably due to the evacuation taking place before it happened, we can therefore assume that there are probably millions living on Sidonia. In the final chapter it says half the crew (probably half the total POPULATION of humans) leaves the Sidonia to settle on a planet. Why? It was a only minority that wanted to leave before, so why did what might be millions, just suddenly and inexplicably want to leave Sidonia? It seemed to be relatively safe for the colonists (of the small faction) before them who decided to settle on what seemed to be a real nice planet to live on (turned out it wasn't safe at all), so why would so many want to settle a planet now? We are not talking a faction anymore, we are talking about half the crew. Everyone saw what happened to those colonists. What if there is literally an entire fleet of undetected gauna somewhere else in the Lem solar system only waiting for the Sidonia to leave so they can attack the human colony? Or have they stopped using higgs particles all together, which is doubtful?

It is, like Maerow wrote, an asspull ending. There's nothing that explains any of it except for Tsumugi's "revival" (which, while seemingly ridiculous, is actually possible).
Modified by teubert2, Jul 1, 2017 3:38 AM
When people tell me to stream anime on CR instead of downloading from fansub sites.

 
Jul 1, 2017 3:40 AM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2016
Posts: 769
I don't make a side of plot and stuff being vessels for the actual arguments and I wish nihei worked with a writer but as I said this is not very fresh in mind and if you think about it this is pretty boring stuff to talk about/nitpick
Modified by Fondente, Jul 1, 2017 3:44 AM
 
Jul 1, 2017 7:01 AM
Offline
Joined: Jul 2012
Posts: 134
exxxe said:
I don't make a side of plot and stuff being vessels for the actual arguments and I wish nihei worked with a writer but as I said this is not very fresh in mind and if you think about it this is pretty boring stuff to talk about/nitpick


It's never boring to talk about a manga's ending :P
When people tell me to stream anime on CR instead of downloading from fansub sites.

 
Jul 1, 2017 9:12 AM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2016
Posts: 769
teubert2 said:
exxxe said:
I don't make a side of plot and stuff being vessels for the actual arguments and I wish nihei worked with a writer but as I said this is not very fresh in mind and if you think about it this is pretty boring stuff to talk about/nitpick


It's never boring to talk about a manga's ending :P


Well then was it emotionally and thematically satisfying to you? I don't really want to read about ships and icebergs
Modified by Fondente, Jul 1, 2017 12:09 PM
 
Jul 2, 2017 2:25 AM
Offline
Joined: Jul 2012
Posts: 134
exxxe said:
teubert2 said:


It's never boring to talk about a manga's ending :P


Well then was it emotionally and thematically satisfying to you? I don't really want to read about ships and icebergs



The series as a whole? Yes. The ending? No. I shipped Nagate X Izana, but that's not what I hate about the ending, it's everything else.
When people tell me to stream anime on CR instead of downloading from fansub sites.

 
Jul 2, 2017 2:37 AM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2016
Posts: 769
teubert2 said:
exxxe said:


Well then was it emotionally and thematically satisfying to you? I don't really want to read about ships and icebergs



The series as a whole? Yes. The ending? No. I shipped Nagate X Izana, but that's not what I hate about the ending, it's everything else.


But is that everything else actually that important (to discus) when it's just carrying a few points home:p
Like would you give sidonia a 6-7 for being there and looking fab while stating okay things.
Modified by Fondente, Jul 2, 2017 2:53 AM
 
Top
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

Preview MangaManga Store