Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Sep 27, 2015 3:41 PM

Dec 2013
Didn't realise that Soma could use getsuga tensho...

Disappointed that this isn't the last episode
Sep 27, 2015 5:04 PM

Aug 2013
The plot is developing much more, and the characters are being better portrayed, especially the protagonist, which entered into a dilemma, but soon makes his decision, I look forward for the next episodes ..
Sep 27, 2015 5:15 PM
Sep 2014
animefan8800 said:
but of course the drugged or whatever Alisa gave them away this week and is duped into attacking Lindow. Sigh...amazing how quickly she became the worst lead character.

It's implied she was at the very least hypnotised. Perhaps she was administered a truth serum too, but that's in the realm of speculation.

VPedge said:
Bye consistency why am i seeing soma using blood arts 3 years before blood unit is around -_- I guess they said screw it at this point

That wasn't a BA. It was Charge Crush. Which had like 10x the range of the in-game one for some reason. But I suppose you could argue that if the game had a Charge Crush with this kind of range and power it'll destroy all semblance of balance.
Sep 27, 2015 5:55 PM

Jun 2013
Soma is the focus here. Son of Johannes and Aisha, he was the first test subject for this God Eater project to make humans capable of handling the god arcs just designed. Soma is probably in a similar situation as Lenka with not much time to live. Lenka has 3 years if he doesn't use his God Arc. He's got less if he uses it. He decides to live with that for the sake of aegis.

Soma has got some pretty cool moves there. He's called the shinigami since those near him die alot.

They have to implement the plan to lure in aragamis. And Lenka has to lead a unit with Soma in it. Soma thought it was his fault that Aisha died so it doesn't matter if he dies. Lenka tells him that his mother didn't die just so that he could be born. He's got a lot of things to do for humanity.

Alisa's trauma is being cured in a different way. She's being brainwashed into thinking that Lindow is the enemy. Because he found out about aegis's secret and could stop things. And Johannes doesn't want that. He also found out about the people Lindow has been helping out beyond the dam using stuff smuggled out of Fenrir. Johannes doesn't care if Lindow is the top God Eater there or not. He can prove to be a nuisance and should be eliminated so that aegis sees completion.

Things are getting interesting here. If only ufotable hadn't wasted time with the extras we would have seen things ending within this summer season.
Sep 27, 2015 6:08 PM

Jan 2012
fatalystic said:

That wasn't a BA. It was Charge Crush. Which had like 10x the range of the in-game one for some reason. But I suppose you could argue that if the game had a Charge Crush with this kind of range and power it'll destroy all semblance of balance.

Ah well i stand corrected Had to look at it again because it looked like one to me.
"Yo, Buddy. Still alive?" -Solo Wing Pixy, AC:Zero (best game ever)
Sep 27, 2015 6:23 PM

Jul 2014
Aww sucks that we gotta wait for the rest of the episodes. I'm actually enjoying this series but seems like I'm in the minority :/
Sep 27, 2015 6:58 PM
Jun 2013
Very good episode, loving the Drama.
Sep 27, 2015 10:55 PM

Jun 2013
so Lenka is going to lead a unit and Soma's parents are those scientists and again amazing ost and we have to wait 3 months to finish this train wreck ok i guess
Sep 27, 2015 11:25 PM
Jul 2015
Everything in this episode pleased me but I have only one complaint...why the doctor is using Alisa to go against the commander.

There is no reason why their should be that one shady guy in a apocalyptic era and I mean his purpose...I just don't see what he gains from this.
Sep 27, 2015 11:47 PM

Oct 2007
TTX said:
Wow, al this stinged people complaining, meanwhile Charlotte with 7.97 score lol I don't really care of what happens with scores but it seems that people only watch mistakes when they want.

It was a good episode, Soma's background was well explained and they introduced that event with Alisa which I wasn't expecting to be animated since we're already at episode 9 but will see how it goes.

What you mean selective bitching and shitposting is a thing around here. Pretty much the second I see moodie and Vanishkira I immediately know incoming shitpost
Sep 27, 2015 11:58 PM

Jun 2014
Avenger-senpai said:

So Alisa is now getting molested by the Doctor and brainwashed into thinking Lindow is the enemy. Oh dear.

This is one scene I DIDN'T see coming lol
All credit goes to Sacred.
Sep 28, 2015 12:31 AM

Jul 2015
G_Spark233 said:
Didn't realise that Soma could use getsuga tensho...

Disappointed that this isn't the last episode

He is the 'shinigami' so........................................

OrangeJP said:
That fucking doctor better keep his filthy hands away from my Alisa

+1000000 get your filthy hands away from those underboobs

4 more episodes of Ghost Oracle Drive. At least, there's more G.O.D.

Sep 28, 2015 12:37 AM

Aug 2013
Who cares if it's faithful to the game. I hope Soma turns into a Super Saiyan and uses Bankai.
Sep 28, 2015 12:58 AM

Jan 2011
An upside to there being hardly any story is I won't need a refresher when those last few eps come out.
Sep 28, 2015 2:36 AM

Sep 2015
Smudy said:
Lenka is by far the best character in this show, who would have thought in the beginning LOL. His development is really nice to see. So far, i liked this more than i expected after the first 3 episodes.

Alisa being brainwashed by the doctor, this is all way too fishy regarding Aegis.

7/10 so far.

I agree
"Normal couples are allowed except for those who are in the third world :3."
Sep 28, 2015 3:58 AM

May 2012
Avenger-senpai said:

So Alisa is now getting molested by the Doctor and brainwashed into thinking Lindow is the enemy. Oh dear.

Molested ?! Maybe touching a woman hand or shoulder is considered molesting these days
Sep 28, 2015 4:06 AM
Sep 2015
The way that Doctor touching Alisa made me think he raped her before or something like that........
Forking bitch, shoulda let him die on that plane
Sep 28, 2015 4:16 AM

Apr 2013
lenka is a pretty refreshing main character

that doctor.....

pretty good episode and i guess a decent set up for the remaining episodes but man breaking up a series in the middle really sucks
Sep 28, 2015 4:38 AM

Jan 2015
Didn't expect this anime to be decent after seeing the first 3 episodes.
Sep 28, 2015 4:54 AM

Apr 2012
So it,s not yet over!
Awesome, the best parts are about to come.
"Fortress Maximus has come himself. Okay! Then I shall get Fortress Maximus to fight me, huh huh huh!"

Sep 28, 2015 5:14 AM

Feb 2014
Lets hope that the final four episodes are aired in January and not spread out to March. =/

Either way, this episode was pretty good. Lenka was shocked about his shorten lifespan, but after working and bonding with Soma during their mission, he's come to terms with his fate.

Soma's background being explained made me feel sorry for him. No wonder he acts so much like a lone wolf. Still, at least he can trust Lenka from now on. =D

I was a fool for thinking that doctor was helping Alisa to return to her original self. Now we know this slimy bastard is brainwashing her into killing Lindow. Is Johannes responsible for this?

So far, I would rate God Eater a 7/10. Let's hope the final four episodes are worth the 3 and a bit months waiting then. =D
Sep 28, 2015 6:05 AM

Mar 2014
WHAT THE HELL IS HE DOING TO MY SWEET ALISA, NOOOOOOO NO NO NO NOO! I JUST KNEW SOME BULLSHIT BRAIN MAGIC WOULD BE USED ON HER AFTER HER VISIT TO THE DOCTORS OFFICE.... sigh.

Well, they gave me enough hype to last the 4 months it will take to see the ending.
4 long months until I can see my precious Alisa again.
Powered by yuri.
Needless to say, I finish all anime I start, no matter my initial opinion, no matter how bad it gets, I WILL FINISH IT!
http://www.anime-planet.com/users/zunderdog24
Sep 28, 2015 6:39 AM

Jun 2012
they dun goofed

not that I care tho
Sep 28, 2015 9:51 AM

Sep 2013
So if I got this right, Alisa is hypnotize to pretty much assassinate Rindou.

Also, this is the first time I have ever seen animes getting delay because of the time slots. Except for the usual baseball game in Japan and what not. It's annoying if you ask me.
There's no magical spell to save someone's life.
Sep 28, 2015 11:01 AM

Nov 2012
F the blonde, Sakuya is way hotter personality and looks wise. This anime doesn't really entertain me, I'm not even big on this art style it has.
Jaywalker.
Sep 28, 2015 1:31 PM

May 2014
I don't know about you guys, but I've been enjoying this show much and much more as it went on, and there are various interesting things that keeps me here so I'm not gonna say that I'm giving it a 3/10 just for the sake of it and go.

I really liked Soma's backstory, and I always wondered how Alisha died (since we didn't see her in the present time), and it was a really sad thing to hear she died that way, but I guess it's better than eaten by an Aragami or something.
I'm still wondering why Paylor's hair turned white, I mean he looks cool with it, but is it just the stress or something else?

Also still interested in Sakuya and the compass thing with Lenka.
And I sure hope Alisa's character isn't over just yet by killing Lindow (I'm guessing she's more likely gonna succeed).
We also need to know what Johan is planning, what Aegis is really for and what Lindow saw that time.

I also wonder if there is anything left about Kouta we don't know about, I mean his story wasn't told in detail.. But I don't know.

For now this is going to on-hold and I'm gonna give it a 7.
I'll bump it to an 8 if all those questions are answered and if they give us a good ending.

Sep 28, 2015 1:47 PM

Feb 2014
Annuvin said:
Daisuki and their subs...

I want to believe that she's holding an imaginary gun but, this scene made me think the doctor was sexually molesting Alisa while she was hypnotised, which kinda rubbed me the wrong way (heh heh pun intended) even though I should be used to post-apocalyptic doctors being shady. It still ruined what was an otherwise decent episode to me, sigh...Then again I probably shouldn't be too angry, Alisa being sexually molested prior to the airing of this show is probably why we got to enjoy sych magnificent underboob all season.
19Pyro90Sep 28, 2015 1:50 PM
Around and around the cycle goes.
Sep 28, 2015 2:29 PM

Jan 2014
Alisa! No! :( I'm excited for God Eater. I'm so mad that the new eps are coming in Winter. I'd rather wait two weeks again for a new episode than not.

Johann is not a good guy it seems.

Oh and I looked up the ajin douva. Seems like a Russian folk tale hypnosis thing.

P.S. I can't wait. Time to get the game...

19Pyro90 said:
Annuvin said:
Daisuki and their subs...

I want to believe that she's holding an imaginary gun but, this scene made me think the doctor was sexually molesting Alisa while she was hypnotised, which kinda rubbed me the wrong way (heh heh pun intended) even though I should be used to post-apocalyptic doctors being shady. It still ruined what was an otherwise decent episode to me, sigh...Then again I probably shouldn't be too angry, Alisa being sexually molested prior to the airing of this show is probably why we got to enjoy sych magnificent underboob all season.

Come on now bro. She was not molested in anyway, okay? She's my waifu. No one molests my waifu. Anyway, she is holding a gun. Her index is just not on the trigger yet because she is more or less in a haggard state of mind.
zeron824Sep 28, 2015 2:32 PM
Sep 28, 2015 6:02 PM

Dec 2008
It's 'bout to be some shiggedy going down!!!! Too bad we have to wait until Winter to see it... *sigh*
Sep 29, 2015 12:36 AM

Jan 2009
Not bad. Looking forward to the last episodes.
Sep 29, 2015 1:09 AM

Mar 2015

This is hypnosis, right?
So, hypnotizing Alisa, and forcing her to say Ajin - this is hypnosis for a viewers to watch Ajin anime.
Sep 29, 2015 4:34 AM

Nov 2011
Guess who always stars with Alisa in most God Eater hentai? Yep, not the MC.

Pretty good episode overall, didn't expect Lenka to be dying but if you are gonna die anyway better use your remaining life to do good. I don't think they are gonna be able to exterminate the Aragami the normal beat them up all ways, they need something like a virus that destroy Aragami or something.
Kaiser-chanSep 29, 2015 4:38 AM

Sep 29, 2015 8:07 AM

Apr 2013
This show is actually getting better; too bad there's a long wait ahead.
Original Scoring after first few eps: Max 6/10
Current Scoring: 7-8/10 (Animation, Characterisation, Development)
Alisa's Underboobs: 10/10
Sep 29, 2015 8:37 AM

Jan 2009
A bit away from topic but if anyone hasn't seen the most recent trailer of Resurrection, Lenka is either going to be in the game or you can play as him via DLC if I'm not mistaken.
Sep 29, 2015 8:42 AM

Sep 2014
Shite episode as usual; I wish this Anime was cancelled. It's just so bad. :/
Sep 29, 2015 1:00 PM

Jan 2014
Mhh considering that Lenka would die anyway, in such world and within boundaries.. i would most likely had chosen to keep fighting with a god arc too. Too bad we'll have to wait till winter before we get the last episodes ._.
Sep 29, 2015 4:44 PM

Oct 2013
Stark700 said:
[b]

Episodes 10-13 scheduled for this Winter.

Will they release all at once or just with a weekly schedule?

Sep 29, 2015 5:16 PM

Apr 2014
Can they even fit everything they previewed in 4 episodes? Guys, it's not a 2nd season just the last 4 episodes lol.
Sep 30, 2015 2:49 AM

Nov 2012
i liked the focus on soma this episode, he had a nice backstory and he's pretty good looking too hehe.
and that doctor is creepy af.
Sep 30, 2015 3:35 AM

Jan 2009
so Alisa will kill Lindow huh, damn

but that wave attack of Soma is cool though
Sep 30, 2015 6:53 AM

Jul 2015
Winter huh...
I can wait. :)

Megaphy said:
A bit away from topic but if anyone hasn't seen the most recent trailer of Resurrection, Lenka is either going to be in the game or you can play as him via DLC if I'm not mistaken.

that DLC can make Lenka's appearance as default for the Protagonist/Player.

・ S E T B Y M O U N E - C H A N
Sep 30, 2015 1:40 PM

Dec 2014
Soma should've been the MC.
Sep 30, 2015 4:34 PM

Oct 2011
Lenka was awesome !!!!

Soma was the first to wield a God Eater
Oct 1, 2015 12:26 AM

May 2010
Was Alicia being...?

Okay, this might be because I wasn't paying attention, but I really thought that Aisha was present in the current timeline. I should have given more thought to the monochrome screen, I guess. Shame, she died.

I feel like Souma x Utsugi will become popular after this episode with the fangirls.
Oct 1, 2015 2:58 AM
Jul 2018
That was a pretty good episode, some of the questions I had last time are already answered so that’s leaving me optimistic for the remaining 4 episodes. Soma’s is Johann’s son? I didn’t see that one coming but damn and from Alysa’s brainwashing scene (Feels like he was molesting her though) it seems like Johann might be one of the antagonist as well.
Oct 1, 2015 5:12 PM

Sep 2014
Interesting backstory of Soma.
Oct 1, 2015 7:58 PM

Oct 2012
CaptMalone said:
Smudy said:
Lenka is by far the best character in this show, who would have thought in the beginning LOL. His development is really nice to see. So far, i liked this more than i expected after the first 3 episodes.

Alisa being brainwashed by the doctor, this is all way too fishy regarding Aegis.

7/10 so far.

And now we know how Lindow is killed

.....why..........WHY...why...WHYYYYY WAS THIS NOT IN A SPOILER TAG. I WANTED HIM TO LIVE.
(Unless you were just assuming that he would die. then nvm....but if not WHYYYYYYYYYYYY YOU DO THISSSSS)
AshuraSanOct 1, 2015 8:05 PM
Oct 1, 2015 9:53 PM

Sep 2011
Well, pretty good episode for me.

Annnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnd for the long wait. Nice job U-fucking-table.

Oct 2, 2015 5:28 AM

Dec 2012
I can't wait until this winter :/. So Soma is a mix between a human and an aragami. Interesting episode, I wonder why the psy is trying to kill Lindow.
Oct 2, 2015 6:26 AM
Jun 2014
Well, this ep was one of the better ones. I liked the backstory of Soma and Johann. But i have a problem with the fact that Lenka is going to die so soon. My hope is that his body somehow adapts to the cells and, instead of dying he transforms into a hybrid human/aragami. That would have been awesome! That would also mean that he maybe could have the power to communicate and control other aragami? A little fanfic for you there...
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » God Eater Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 12, 2015

636 by Karva1 »»
Apr 14, 5:53 PM

» Is this like the worst anime OST ever?

Kayle_x_Morgana - Apr 4, 2022

8 by RudeRedis »»
Mar 2, 7:39 AM

Poll: » God Eater Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 5, 2016

255 by Suopi »»
Feb 21, 9:37 AM

» Is it good?

Bijou146 - Jan 18

15 by HenryLeo123 »»
Jan 19, 11:51 AM

Poll: » God Eater Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 26, 2016

262 by Tropisch »»
Jan 4, 7:30 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.