Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Sep 26, 2015 12:18 PM

Jul 2014
The ending was fantastic. It gave me a satisfying feeling. Now I don't have to be desperate for a second season.
I like cake.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Sep 26, 2015 12:24 PM

May 2013
This
Sep 26, 2015 12:38 PM

Oct 2012
TheWorldIKnowIsU said:
The ending was fantastic. It gave me a satisfying feeling. Now I don't have to be desperate for a second season.

You mean it would be satisfying if there weren't so many plotholes? Or if they followed some logic when writing it?
They just pushed the Feelz button and are expecting that everyone will be happy after previous trainwreck?
Who cares that Nao started loving him so suddenly? That he remembers things from other timeline he shouldn't? How come he was able to finish the task so easily? And the helicopter arrived precisely at the moment when it was needed.

I have just one word for this mess - it was all CONVENIENT. Convenient to the story, convenient to writer. Actually, no character out there acted out of those boundaries of conveniency during whole show.

And the second season? Please, don't try to joke around! I would go as far as to say that even if they produced the visual novel I would stay far from playing it.
Sep 26, 2015 12:41 PM
Dec 2014
I could write a 16 page essay why this show is garbage in its purest form.
Sep 26, 2015 12:46 PM

Jul 2014
Sketch_Turner said:

I doubt that. But okay.
I like cake.
Sep 26, 2015 12:49 PM

Aug 2015
Sketch_Turner said:

To me, 1000 words should be more than enough. Imo though this series could have been much better, now its slightly above average.
Sep 26, 2015 12:51 PM

Dec 2013
TheWorldIKnowIsU said:
Sketch_Turner said:

I doubt that. But okay.

I doubt that too, 16 pages is laughably small amount.
Sep 26, 2015 1:00 PM

Jun 2013
I agree this was garbage. Like wtf.
Missing the times of Rewrite, good times.
Sep 26, 2015 1:03 PM

Aug 2010
Bad ending, bad anime.
Sep 26, 2015 1:06 PM

Jun 2014
The ending was better than the show but it's still really bad. I couldn't find the ending satisfying at all with how Nao just fall in love with him from nowhere and no-one going after him after he finished his job.
Sep 26, 2015 1:07 PM

Nov 2014
Mydlak said:
This

Sep 26, 2015 1:10 PM

Apr 2014
The only thing the ending did right was end this piece of trash.
Sep 26, 2015 1:16 PM

Apr 2015
The ending was as good as the shows attempt at humour.

Go figure.
Sep 26, 2015 1:22 PM

Aug 2009
The ending was complete garbage. I thought Maeda would have improved after the incredibly rushed, but still miles better than Charlotte, Angel Beats!. But he only got worse.

The firsth half of the show was way superior.
Sep 26, 2015 1:33 PM
Apr 2012
The show had all the elements to be fantastic, but it ended up being a jumbled mess. Maeda learned nothing from angel beats.
Sep 26, 2015 1:37 PM

Jun 2014
Tylaen said:

Go figure.

This.

And like Mich666 said, there was so much plot convenience. How was Yuu able to finish the task so easily? Traveling the world to plunder tens of thousands of abilities is something that should take at least a couple years to do. And idk if I missed something, but I saw no indication of some sort of timeskip.

The helicopter with Yuu's brother and co. showed up at the exact moment Yuu needed to be rescued, in the exact location. How did they know he was there? Once again, did I miss something?

If we want to talk about plot holes, remember when Yuu was talking to Sala on the bus in episode 8 if I'm not mistaken, and she said she became blind by "atoning for her sins." Did they ever explain that? I think she said something like Yuu would figure it out at some point, but I don't recall that happening. I'm sorry to sound like a broken record, but if I missed something, please let me know. But if they indeed did not address that, then the whole "atoning for her sins" thing just sounds dumb. They should have just done something simpler like "blindness runs in my family."

This may seem kind of irrelevant, but I don't think they ever explained why Nao was bullied by that group of girls in an episode back in the first half of the series. Maybe that was just there to add a little drama to Nao's school life, but I would have liked to understand exactly why she was being picked on and victimized.

These are just a few examples but Charlotte had so much potential that ended up being wasted. It's a damn shame too, because I really liked the first episode. But after episode 6 or 7, it started to crumble like a Nature Valley granola bar.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Sep 26, 2015 1:39 PM
*hug noises*

May 2013
It all went waaaaaayyyyyyyyy too easily for Yuu given the absurd mission he had :s

And then he like died except he didn't => Fin.
Sep 26, 2015 1:43 PM

Aug 2014
thebrentinator24 said:
Tylaen said:

Go figure.

This.

And like Mich666 said, there was so much plot convenience. How was Yuu able to finish the task so easily? Traveling the world to plunder tens of thousands of abilities is something that should take at least a couple years to do. And idk if I missed something, but I saw no indication of some sort of timeskip.

The helicopter with Yuu's brother and co. showed up at the exact moment Yuu needed to be rescued, in the exact location. How did they know he was there? Once again, did I miss something?

If we want to talk about plot holes, remember when Yuu was talking to Sala on the bus in episode 8 if I'm not mistaken, and she said she became blind by "atoning for her sins." Did they ever explain that? I think she said something like Yuu would figure it out at some point, but I don't recall that happening. I'm sorry to sound like a broken record, but if I missed something, please let me know. But if they indeed did not address that, then the whole "atoning for her sins" thing just sounds dumb. They should have just done something simpler like "blindness runs in my family."

This may seem kind of irrelevant, but I don't think they ever explained why Nao was bullied by that group of girls in an episode back in the first half of the series. Maybe that was just there to add a little drama to Nao's school life, but I would have liked to understand exactly why she was being picked on and victimized.

These are just a few examples but Charlotte had so much potential that ended up being wasted. It's a damn shame too, because I really liked the first episode. But after episode 6 or 7, it started to crumble like a Nature Valley granola bar.

I do think the bullying thing is because nao was beating up people individually so they gang rape bully her. I think everyone really like the first half of episode 1.

Anime is good, fucking deal with it.
Sep 26, 2015 1:43 PM

Jan 2013
Samu-tan said:
The ending was complete garbage. I thought Maeda would have improved after the incredibly rushed, but still miles better than Charlotte, Angel Beats!. But he only got worse.

The firsth half of the show was way superior.
Kind of ironic given how Maeda said to wait until episode 6.
Please learn about cel animation and its technical process.
Learn how special effects and backlighting were done without computers.

Sep 26, 2015 1:45 PM

Apr 2015
black1blade said:
I think everyone really liked the first half of episode 1.

Most of the reason I actually bothered watching ={
Sep 26, 2015 1:46 PM
*hug noises*

May 2013
Tylaen said:
black1blade said:
I think everyone really liked the first half of episode 1.

Yeah he was like the spitting image of Lelouch back then
Sep 26, 2015 1:47 PM

Jun 2014
black1blade said:
thebrentinator24 said:

This.

I do think the bullying thing is because nao was beating up people individually so they gang rape bully her. I think everyone really like the first half of episode 1.

Yeah that's probably the reason for it. I may have just been overthinking it, but for some reason I thought there was some special reason from Nao's past that led to her being bullied.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Sep 26, 2015 1:50 PM

Jul 2014
HaXXspetten said:
Tylaen said:

I actually thought of that as well and enjoy it, but then people bash him for being a dick.
I like cake.
Sep 26, 2015 2:02 PM

Apr 2015
TheWorldIKnowIsU said:
HaXXspetten said:

I actually thought of that as well and enjoy it, but then people bash him for being a dick.

He was an entertaining dick, unlike the rest of what I watched barring Nao's occasional moments.
Sep 26, 2015 2:03 PM

Jan 2015
Agreed. Great ending.
Sep 26, 2015 2:20 PM

Aug 2015
Not really, they rescued him out of nowhere. How convenient.
Sep 26, 2015 2:27 PM
Mar 2014
I haven't actually seen the show, but I'm pretty sure the end should never justify the means.
Sep 26, 2015 2:28 PM

Oct 2011
That ending was cheesey and lame. The best part about that episode was 24:00
Sep 26, 2015 2:29 PM

Apr 2012
whole show is diarrhea

Sep 26, 2015 2:32 PM

Dec 2014
I just want to hear it music
Nothing special with the ending
Sep 26, 2015 2:32 PM
Aug 2015
Am i the only one who enjoyed watching it? like im not saying it was amazing and there were plotholes, but it seems like no one enjoyed it one bit.... like i could name hundreds of anime way worse than this one.... everyones so critical XD
I hate it when my sig disappears
Sep 26, 2015 2:37 PM
Sep 2012
You know what made this series even worse than the sums of its parts? It actually had a great idea that they wasted. The entire series could have been compressed into one episode, and the other 12 could have been about him collecting powers. That would of been huge fun. But this trash? And everything ending so convenient and tidy? I'm annoyed that I'll never get this time I've wasted back.
Sep 26, 2015 2:39 PM

Jun 2010
Wow, what's with all the hatred?! I'm far from calling Charlotte the best anime ever, but it was definitely not bad, not even close to bad, IMO. Sure, it bit more than what 13 episodes could chew, especially with such "big" stuff as time-travel, a whole world full of ability-wielders, terrorism, communicating with the dead... Yeah, none of that was really used as well as it could be, but a series with all those elements perfectly realized is next to impossible to create. And it would take quite a lot more than 13 episodes I would think.

All in all, I really don't see any reason for actually despising Charlotte. When compared to the greats, it definitely looks weak, but on its own it is still better and more interesting than many, I mean MANY, others.

Not saying you should shut up and like it - just saying maybe take a second look from a different perspective and you might find out that Charlotte is NOT in fact worse than cancer.
Sep 26, 2015 2:58 PM

Aug 2015
I enjoyed the show, but near the end of the last episode.. When he was getting shot by the crossbow. Why didn't he use his powers? He just gained the power of courage. Wouldn't he be able to muster the strength to fight back and heal himself?

It bother me tons, and then his brother shows up (no idea how he found Yu) and saved him. Most pointless thing I've ever seen.
Sep 26, 2015 3:00 PM

Apr 2013
The ending.......sucked.....

I'm banking between "are you serious Key?" and "WTF he should've died in Tomori's arms!" Otherwise I thought the rest of the show was alright. Just WTF was that ending?
Just need to find out how to quote this every time so I can dodge the stupid 30-character limit.
Sep 26, 2015 3:03 PM

Jan 2014
It was trash, when Yu lost his memory for some cheap drama I almost stopped watching. 6/10
Sep 26, 2015 3:04 PM

Apr 2014
All the haters are coming out in force for this thread.
Sep 26, 2015 3:08 PM
Sep 2014
i have mixed feeling on it , let's say that since the author shit on the story on episode 12 , the ending is on par with the quality of the script so without changing the story himself i don't think that you can make a really better ending than this one ... but yeah it's really shitty

The story make no sense , with clearly have 3 series compacted in one with A LOT of idea ( good and bad )

The character aren't well written , the show is rushed but everything up to the rescue of Yuu's Sister is really good. It should have ended there.

I'm mad because it really started as a good series ( the best of the season with rokka no yushaa to me), and in the end i will not even give it a 5/10...

If it was a 24 - 26 episodes series instead of this i'm pretty sure it would have been different

sidenote : I LOVED angel beats! so i'm not a hater of maeda
Sep 26, 2015 3:13 PM

Jul 2012
Can he just heal his eye and time leap the last 6 episodes of this anime?
Sep 26, 2015 3:17 PM

Nov 2014
nope
Sep 26, 2015 3:19 PM

Jul 2014
Protaku94 said:
All the haters are coming out in force for this thread.

Cool :D ~
I like cake.
Sep 26, 2015 3:22 PM

May 2009
Everyone has their own opinion, no forced you to agree or disagree with their opinion.

My opinion is that this anime is fantastic.
Sep 26, 2015 3:41 PM

May 2014
Best. Comedy. Ever.
Sep 26, 2015 3:43 PM

Jun 2014
Ayyy lmao
:3
Sep 26, 2015 3:44 PM
Oct 2014
They should do anither season and say that it was just a dream, and the true part is beggining now xD It would be really good anime if it would be logical, if they explained some thing, if they didn't add woman to op who didn't showed up in anime beside op, and if takajou, misa and yusa weren't useless.
Sep 26, 2015 3:48 PM
Sep 2015
Aunessy said:
They should do anither season and say that it was just a dream, and the true part is beggining now xD It would be really good anime if it would be logical, if they explained some thing, if they didn't add woman to op who didn't showed up in anime beside op, and if takajou, misa and yusa weren't useless.

The OVA will be Shun and Nao finding Yu dead and realizing the rescue was just in his mind. Then it will be on blu-ray as Season 2 for 8500 yen.
Sep 26, 2015 3:48 PM

Feb 2015
show was alright, I liked the characters and animation but writing was very poor and that last episode was really poor indeed but if you like a feel good anime here it is. People who say this show was garbage clearly don't know what garbage really is and plus they are a bunch of trolls on MAL(why do i still have a mal the world may never know)
How long until season 3 of Spice and Wolf?
The World May Never Know.
Sep 26, 2015 3:49 PM

Feb 2015
Hikigaya said:
he can but he even said that he didn't want to, did you watch the episode?
How long until season 3 of Spice and Wolf?
The World May Never Know.
Sep 26, 2015 3:58 PM

Dec 2013
SukiMikasa said:
Hikigaya said:
he can but he even said that he didn't want to, did you watch the episode?

He didn't want to why ... ? Not enough episodes so we need to make an ending ASAP?
Sep 26, 2015 4:15 PM
Jan 2015
Wasn't half bad
My Queens

Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Charlotte Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 29, 2015

649 by MsBorsh »»
Apr 21, 11:49 AM

» Yuu's Ability

PenguinLam - Apr 18

37 by Yeshaiah2015yesh »»
Apr 21, 8:27 AM

Poll: » Charlotte Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Sakaitsu - Jul 4, 2015

652 by MsBorsh »»
Apr 21, 4:34 AM

Poll: » Charlotte Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 26, 2015

886 by KumaGetsu »»
Apr 18, 10:21 PM

Poll: » Charlotte Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 22, 2015

459 by Tsunamii_ »»
Apr 6, 4:08 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.