Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (18) « First ... « 15 16 [17] 18 »
Jan 19, 2018 3:55 AM

Jun 2016
No wonder a lot of people are pissed with this anime, I understand them now. That part with Yuu being so "motivated" to stay alive because of Nao? I can barely handle it. I really don't see any chemistry between these two like what the fuck? Hahaha. Suddenly, she's in love with him? Lol.

This anime went downhill so fast the moment Ayumi died, tbh. It's all over the place and it gave me plotholes I didn't ask for that I want to throw up and drop this, but I thought it'll redeemed itself, but it didn't. Thanks for wasting my time and pissing me off, anime.

This is Angel Beats, but shittier. Same writer, so not surprised.

4/10

P.S. So, this is where that ENGRISH MEME came from? Lmfao.

"Maybe he's trying to take a shit, but the shit just won't come out."
Captain Levi, 2014
(/^-^)/☆♪♪☆\(^0^\)
Feb 18, 2018 1:00 PM
Feb 2018
So no season 2 for Charlotte? Fuck I have so many questions, this anime's plot went too fast since the episode when Ayumi dies.
And another thing I have to say is that there weren't no episodes where Yuu and Nao have the opportunity to fall in love each other (Yuu showed his love totally random in my opinion).
Feb 19, 2018 9:34 PM

Nov 2017
This entire episode could be the premise of an anime and it would probably be better than the rest of this series. I don't know why I watched this anime to completion but this episode was pretty entertaining so I'd say it was worth it.
Feb 24, 2018 9:33 AM

Aug 2014
Yay! there was Poland on the map, erm.. wait so this is how I lost my powers and memory of it?
Or maybe he missed me? Sometimes I still can make future happen exactly as I think of it, but only future for myself only and only several seconds forward in time... like.. at work "next 5 cases will be already done by my workmate" or "next 3 cases will xxx scenario that is easy and fast to finish". And all my work cases come to me at random so there is no way for me to know what it will be. Similar things happen to me more often, but not always come true :O There must be some trigger for my powers to work and maybe that is why Yuu and Kumagami didn't bother with me? :D

Now back to the anime :d
This last eps left some things inconsistent. For example Yuu didn't take all his friends powers in Japan, like taking memory, going through walls or making someone go sleep. Instead of going through wall he used the teleporting power of Joujirou.
It was never told why Nao was being bullied by girls at school. And what power Sara had and her story and many more. If it was made same as Clannad with stories of other characters it would be so much better anime and longer.
It was also ridiculous that he was hit third time with that guys crossbow and didn't do anything about it. Instead his brother came out of nowhere found him somehow. There still were people left with powers or powers yet to be awakened in Japan, but that is even more ridiculous that they were left with them and somehow maybe someone got the power to find Yuu again? Then Yuu lost his powers due to age after taking "last" power from this girl, but it was not last as Japan still had powers? And what would happen if his powers vanished when fighting someone or starting from the start how was he able to loot powers with one eye if it wasn't enough to time travel with one eye?

Many things were left without answer because anime was too short. It should be at least 24 eps or 2 seasons 24 eps. First season building up stories of each character, then second season with what happened in last 6 episodes with more answers.

Art was great and songs were nice also, but nothing spectacular same as the story.

This leaves only 8/10 as it could be much better. Not to mention that there was no romance at all and it was all forced from the second episode. I bet they are not going to be together.

and I didn't catch that, but what was Charlotte? Was it the name of organisation that Yuu brother created?
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ ちゅっ ちゅっ キス (´。✪ω✪。`)

I hate it when anime/manga that I enjoyed ends, especially when there could be much longer plot and when I love main heroine :P

I wish I had magic glasses that let me see real world in anime colors ;)
Oct 9, 2018 12:03 AM

Dec 2016
Uhhhhhhhhhh? Good? Good. Good? Good.
“I love heroes, but I don't want to be one. Do you even know what a hero is!? For example, you have some meat. Pirates will feast on the meat, but the hero will distribute it among the people! I want to eat the meat!” - Monkey D. Luffy
Oct 29, 2018 10:56 PM
Jun 2017
I was really starting to like the One-Eyed Shinigami arc, wish it was longer. But overall not so bad.
Nov 28, 2018 7:41 AM
Dec 2008
Yuu Otosaka really should have healed his eye and injuries. Then self control himself to not change the past unless it's something serious till his abilities expires.
Jan 14, 2019 10:31 PM

Jan 2014
I can't believe I almost gave this a 10 after episode 7 lmao. So the show isn't that bad and was actually enjoyable. I like how he became strong and badass near the end, but deep down I was hoping that Tomori would come and fix him again like in episode 7. I also wanted him to time leap one more time and fix everything to have a clean story, but oh well good endings are hard to find nowadays.

8/10
Recommend me an anime
Feb 4, 2019 11:24 PM

Jul 2014
The second he got that ability to heal it shoulda been GG just freaking go back and since you can heal you'll never go blind so you can keep trying literally infinitely until you manage to save everyone I mean really all he HAD to do was go back twice. 1st time go back to the warehouse and look at the key the baddies tossed to the driver (forgot his name) but they said the location and apartment number was on there so he coulda just grabbed the key, remembered the address then went back again and told everyone and they coulda saved his family thus Kumagami not being taken then happy end just wait it out like they were gonna do :/ but I guess his sister is worth going back in time to save but Kumagami isn't...fuck this ending lol I really enjoyed the first half though which is a shame.
Life is something that can never be lived twice. Even this pointless act will eventually end. And while thinking that one day, I'll surely regret its end.
Mar 16, 2019 5:31 AM

Oct 2014
I actually liked the anime. Except for the last episode, that one was seriously bad :/
I'm also a bit mad he didn't go back so save Kumagami, one of the best characters. I know why he didn't do it, but still.... His brother suffered so much because his best friend died, it was heartbreaking. Also sad that Misa is gone now, she was a badass
Apr 6, 2019 8:22 PM

May 2015
Didn't think much of this at first but then it got really good in the 2nd half, it's flawed but still had some really good moments. Actually really liked the ending, made me well up.
Apr 12, 2019 11:17 PM

Mar 2019
I wanted to really like this show, and to an extent I did. But damn it was messy at times and super rushed finale that just left you wishing it was 24 episodes at least. Plus the whole thing about her being beaten up by the other school girls was just completely ignored? Either this show needed to be longer or the more comedic episodes needed to be focused more on the plot progressing instead. The point from his brother going back in time to the warehouse scene to him travelling the whole world taking abilities easily could of spanned 12+ episodes...
Apr 21, 2019 5:14 AM
Nov 2018
Up to episode 8 it was a solid 8/10
Then, after 11 I didn't really like the development so 7/10
And finally, after plot holes, plotlines going nowhere and feeling disconnected from the plot in last few episodes, 6/10. In comparison to Angel Beats, it is the same downgrade as from Steins;Gate to Steins;Gate 0. A shame, huge shame
Apr 21, 2019 5:18 AM
Nov 2018
Thyriad-oPPailov said:
and I didn't catch that, but what was Charlotte? Was it the name of organisation that Yuu brother created?

A little late, but it was the name of the comet that gave them powers. It was explained in episode 11 I think
May 5, 2019 6:54 PM

Apr 2019
Loved this anime so much, I really don't think there will be a next season cause this anime ended 4 years ago from now but i still really want another season :(

I'm glad Yuu and Nao got together, even if he didn't remember her, now they can make some awesome new memories! or he might even remember the memories in his sleep like he did when his memories were erased :)
Jun 8, 2019 10:27 PM

Jun 2009
god damn this anime was a clusterfuck. the first 12 episodes should have been expanded to at least 20 episodes and episode 13 should have been at least 10.

also, why did nao's brother have sara's autograph? yuu never took her to meet him, in fact, he never met her in the current timeline because he time leapt back to save his sister.
Jun 24, 2019 6:59 AM

Mar 2014
Any series that gets me to binge literally all 13 episodes in one night deserves a 9 AT LEAST. I would've given it a 10 but I'm mad he didn't heal his eye just so he could be all chuuni-angsty about it. I mean god can't you heal your eye and just not use the time-leap? Ughhhhh

Besides that gripe, this was a very easy binge. Really enjoyed it right up to the end.
Jun 27, 2019 11:46 AM

May 2016
Very mediocre series. I'm shocked this got a 7. I was waiting for when he was going to get the regen power and and of course he wouldn't use it to go back in time. Very lame since that is what should of happened. 5/10
Jul 21, 2019 2:16 AM

Jan 2016
Oh come on, he lost all his memories!? well, the first half was definitely better than the second. I felt like the show started to become a bit boring and just not as interesting with all those researchers and stuff. I wish they stayed as the Student Council. Good show tho, could've been an 8 if it wasn't for the second half.

7/10
Aug 20, 2019 11:14 AM

Sep 2017
I know this series had a pretty controversial ending and I can understand the complaints from most people, but I really didn't mind it. In fact I kind of liked it. The biggest complaint is that it was somewhat rushed (which seems to be the case for all Maeda original anime). Still 7/10. I would have rated it higher if Yuu had died at the end of his mission tbh.
Aug 29, 2019 1:57 AM

Sep 2010
Enjoyed it to some degree, nothing too amazing.
Sep 19, 2019 2:25 AM

Feb 2018
Happy End? Good anime

10/10
Oct 15, 2019 12:03 PM

Jan 2018
Man, the pacing of this show was an absolute wreck
What a beautiful Duwang
Oct 18, 2019 2:50 AM
May 2018
Charlotte, just like Angel Beats, is victim to its very short length.

Jun Maeda does not write stories that can be developed in 13 episodes. That's why he decided to make a visual novel out of Angel Beats: he declared he wanted to develop what he couldn't in the anime.

It's the same for Charlotte. The concept is awesome, it is emotional, very poetic, like any Jun Maeda work, but 13 episodes was not enough at all...

With all that said, I loved the last episode. It felt very climactic, and it was a hell of a ride. Sadly it was rushed, because once again, this story needed time, and didn't get it.

I mean, how stupid can anime producers be? We're talking about the industry who thought it was the right thing to make an anime adaptation of Rewrite in 2x13 episodes...
Everything changes. Even the happy and funny things eventually disappear. How can I still enjoy this place then?
- Furukawa Nagisa (Clannad)

You have to make a choice. Either you give up on your soul for the sake of science, or you give up on science to save your soul. In my case, the soul was already in pieces.
- Lloyd Asplund (Code Geass)

Do you understand the meaning behind Nunnaly's smile? She can't see or walk. So there are things in this world that she knows she can't do alone. Her smile... is her only way to show gratitude.
- Lelouch Vi Britannia (Code Geass)

Death is part of Life.
- ... Me.
Oct 27, 2019 1:30 PM
Dec 2015
This guy is pissing me OFF use the heal ability to get your eye back and bring back kunigami I mean you used your ability to get back your sister didn’t you?!? Then you can plunder the whole worlds abilities or whatever
Nov 23, 2019 11:32 AM

Jul 2019
I don't even have words... I haven't enjoyed an anime as much as I did with Charlotte for quite a time. Now this anime became one of my favourites! I loved the way this anime gone, it was quite a ride and I would've wanted to continue more but sadly is has only 13 ep... :(
Dec 2, 2019 9:54 AM

Sep 2014
I just can't get this anime out of my head, it's just perfect and complete just the way I like it. It had a beginning, a middle and an end and I really loved the plot and the characters, the animation is amazing, the OST is too damn good and unforgettable. Simply one of my favorite original anime of all time!

9/10
Dec 31, 2019 2:29 PM

Sep 2017
The last three episodes felt extremely forced, and it was obvious after the 10th episode that something bad was going to happen, but in this ending wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be. Sure, the 11th episode was complete garbage, and I didn't really care for the events in episodes 12 and 13, but at least we got a somewhat wholesome ending after all of this. The Ayumi arc, however, was excellent, and the animation and soundtrack definitely make up for some of the awfulness presented by the story. A decent conclusion to a decent at best show. 6/10.

Jan 26, 2020 6:11 AM
Jul 2019
English aside, the places were spot on! Like holy crap, they even know the products that are available in my country (Philippines). Also, could've at least use that healing power to your eye, man. Healing it ≠ using time-leap. Why did you sleep, you said you got a power that prevents you from sleeping.

Anyways, ending is ehh. It felt rushed, if only it was two cour. 8/10 for Nao and P.A. Works.
SomeGuyWithHairJan 26, 2020 6:15 AM
May 5, 2020 1:23 PM
Feb 2019
Such a sad episode just finished watching it and was so sad when he couldn't remember nao and she started crying from being the one thing that kept him going! So sad
May 6, 2020 3:27 AM

Dec 2009
Great anime even though the ending was fucked with that lazy open-ending to not reveal how they'd deal with the terrorists and it was even more so disappointing in the frustration of not knowing if he'll ever get his memories back.

I want an epilogue, fuck.
Jun 9, 2020 3:14 PM

May 2015
*Clapping with tears in my eyes* BEAUTIFUL SERIES!!!! Such a good ending!! So wholesome and nice!

That last scene gave me very If My Heart Had Wings vibes and the rest of it gave A Sky Full of Stars vibes lol.

Honestly such a good series. Re-watching this after so many years is reminding me on why I gave it a 10/10. This was such a good last episode.

Music was beautiful, story was great, characters were amazing! I need to buy this on DVD now. This series inspired me with a lot of things but re-watching this now was such an experience. Love it! <3

[Edit] Jesus! Was just noting my re-watch in and noticed its been 5 whole years since I watched this anime. Makes it all the more impactful revisiting this after so long.
DarknessRealityJun 9, 2020 3:23 PM
Yuritopia FTW!!!!!!!!! BANZAI TO YURI !!!!!!!!!!!!
Jun 11, 2020 3:31 PM

Jan 2013
"Heroes" the tv show, they should've had another 12 or 13 episodes that covered the final 2/3 episodes, at least the very last episode, this felt extremely rushed towards the end, especially compared to the first 6 episodes.
It doesn't look like any time has passed since everyone looks exactly the same from when Yuu left.

Looked like Yuu had an extremely easy time collecting the powers, I'm surprised there were no bigger organizations that got in his way.

Shame they pulled the "whoops lost my memories" card.

They should've made it at least a 2 cours.
That said, the series was entertaining, it's just that it could've been so much more.
8/10
Jun 17, 2020 4:39 AM

May 2018
Meh ending. At least kiss Tomori or something, Yuu. Don't just forget your girlfriend like that!
Jul 8, 2020 10:20 PM
Oct 2019
Decent ending/final episode or two (6 or 7/10). Nothing mind blowing or emotional, but it still worked.

Is there no way to get rid of all the abilities he plundered? Using that memory wipe ability, or plundering his own ability? Idk just throwing stuff out there.

Since they didn't answer it, does this mean Zhiend's singer had an ability that caused her blindness, too? How come only the oldest brother went blind from using his power but nobody else has similar side effects after all that time?

I kind of wish he did heal his eye and go back to save water hair boy. But I understand why he couldn't. And no further encounter with the girl that slashed his eye? Seems like a missed opportunity but maybe that's how it was in the source material?

Anyways, pretty average show for the first ~5.5 episodes (5 or 6/10). But significantly better for episodes 7-11ish (8/10). I'll give it a 7/10 overall. It's probably more like a 7.5 but there are no .5's.
Jul 15, 2020 10:35 AM
Dec 2018
I really loved the in general i mean it was the first ever anime that got me invested into watching anime and by doing that i had met many people in the anime community but i do have a problem on how it ended but all in all i really liked the final episode it tied it in a neatly manner but it still has a few loose threads like what happened to yuu will he regain his memories but who am i to say this i mean a bunch of anime do this
Oct 2, 2020 6:00 PM

Aug 2020
This was the most emotion-filled anime I've ever seen. I'd be crying, laughing, smiling, worried.. Just wow. What a beautiful anime.

Nov 15, 2020 9:30 AM
May 2020
Yehart said:
Sanzen said:

the answer is no

Figures. Would have been far more interesting than..... this.

I think Angel Beats was better
Dec 15, 2020 1:18 PM

Nov 2014
After finally rewatching it, I keep my 8/10. Last part was too rushed and it didn't "kick" as hard as some other titles, but it still was really enjoyable and rather competent story. Some loose ends sure could use tying up. Some, on the other hand, aren't really loose ends - Nao's bullies are one such case. Imo that whole scene was just building her character, to accent how she doesn't care what others think about her, as long as she achieves her goal.
People like to comare it with Angel Beats, and, as much as I loved that one, I tihnk Charlotte wins here. AB sure had higher "highs" but also lower "lows", while Charlotte was more balanced. For one, the cut between comedyic SoL and drama half was more fluid. Also romance developed more naturally and didn't feel forced.
Where AB wins is "feels" at the end and unique setting. It also had better comedy I guess.
JustAnotherShiroDec 15, 2020 1:21 PM
Dec 20, 2020 5:54 PM

Aug 2008
I thought Angel Beats was disappointing but this was even worse. The show was not that emotional for me and this final episode felt like it was an entire season of content crammed into one ep. The terrorists outside Japan? Meh forget about them. Taking the powers of every single person on Earth by one teenager? Skim over it. Oh and maybe he doesn't want to time travel any longer but why not heal his eye? Or I don't know his the blind eyes of his brother? No? Okay then. Convenient amnesia at the end to try and dredge up one last bit of feels? Check but the attempt fails of course.

Well Tomori was decent enough for waifu bait I suppose, too bad the anime as a whole that she's in is so not worthy of her.
Dec 23, 2020 1:02 AM

Sep 2018
Similar to Angel Beats, a bit of a shallow anime that also struggles with pacing, but still had it's moments, especially the first half of the series. I'm praying Clannad is good, third times a charm they say. 6/10.
Dec 24, 2020 7:07 PM
Jan 1, 2021 3:17 AM
Jan 2017
I’m really sad the friend didn’t get to live. I thought there was a chance he would be saved, but in the end he remained dead. I know his death was what led to the teams victory but still. It breaks my heart because it wouldn’t have happened if those non ability people and that one ability person didn’t get so greedy. Also, I wished the siblings reunion was a little more heartwarming. Instead, it felt more like a meeting of comrades rather than family. I guess that’s to be expected though with all that was going on. Nonetheless, I really liked this show. Just wish certain people and certain moments were given more a chance.
Jan 26, 2021 11:32 PM
Apr 2020
Great series but the ending felt rushed. Needed a few more episodes with some moments that feel absent like : Yuu blaming himself for Kumagami , a better reunion between Yuu and his brother.
Still I think Yuu going around plundering every power was cool.
I really loved Temari too
"Who am I ? Where do I come from ? Where am I going ? That's all I want to think about"
-Saikawa Sohei
Feb 8, 2021 7:52 AM
Dec 2020
It was kinda disappointing...
I thought the end is gonna be better than this...but it was kinda rushed like Angel beats, the starting episodes and build ups were Actually good and they ruined it by making the end like that...

2/5 to this ep

P.S: I just started watching anime last year jan 19 2020
So my review is not that perfect
KawaiifuchanFeb 8, 2021 7:58 AM
Apr 5, 2021 8:44 AM

Aug 2018
This would have been better if it ended on episode 12. Also, Yuui forgetting Nao just seems like such an asspull and a weak attempt to create drama.
_______I like rocks__
Apr 7, 2021 4:09 AM

Sep 2020
I can't bear anymore... Yamero.. last scene made my whole year, I want to be fallen in love , Uwu ( sadly I don't get any girls offer till this year )
Apr 10, 2021 5:59 PM
Dec 2020
Could have been a whole season
Apr 27, 2021 10:53 AM

Aug 2020
Charlotte had amazing potential, but it fell flat in so many different areas. The characters were dull with the exception of Nao. Even the main protagonist, Yuu, loses all of his personality after the first episode. There were parts of the story that I did enjoy such as Yuu returning to being a giant douchebag in episode 7 after the death of Ayumi, but for the most part the story didn't do it for me. The first 6 episodes or so are spent mainly on useless side characters or arcs no one cares about. The main story does not get explored until like the final 4 episodes and by then it is far too late. The pacing sucked. Scenes of death had no effect on me because they were immediately followed up by comic relief. Episode 13 could have been a series of its own and instead was somehow crammed into one episode. Towards the end and really through much of the series nothing seemed to make sense. Even the romance between Nao and Yuu felt extremely forced. Overall, while it was an interesting concept, the execution sucked. I gave it a 4/10 and perhaps that was a bit generous of me, but I did think that the art, music, and other technical aspects of the show were quite good.
May 18, 2021 4:36 PM

Jan 2015
I had seen reviews of people saying "the last episode could have been it's own season" and now I definitely understand what they meant. It definitely feels like they had a lot of ideas and didn't know if they'd get a chance to use them so just went all out for this last episode.
(Back when it first was established that Ayumi might get powers at some point, I guessed that the last episode would focus around Ayumi discovering her powers or something, but it definitely got more convoluted, haha).

I can see why some might be put off by the sort of rushed ending but overall I really enjoyed this series
Pages (18) « First ... « 15 16 [17] 18 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Charlotte Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 29, 2015

649 by MsBorsh »»
Yesterday, 11:49 AM

» Yuu's Ability

PenguinLam - Apr 18

37 by Yeshaiah2015yesh »»
Yesterday, 8:27 AM

Poll: » Charlotte Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Sakaitsu - Jul 4, 2015

652 by MsBorsh »»
Yesterday, 4:34 AM

Poll: » Charlotte Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 22, 2015

459 by Tsunamii_ »»
Apr 6, 4:08 AM

Poll: » Charlotte Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 15, 2015

858 by Mads004 »»
Mar 29, 8:52 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.