Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Durarara!! (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Nov 25, 2015 10:29 AM

Jan 2015
Wow that eps wasn't bad at least the ending was nice
Dec 9, 2015 1:27 AM
Dec 2015
O my I really thought this season was the the last for the series, so when it came to the last episode I thought the anime was going to get wrapped up but when it didn't I flipped out! Lol \(^0^)/

But now that I know the story will continue I really like this episode
9/10 So hyped for next season!
Dec 9, 2015 7:41 AM

Aug 2013
Still amazed read a light novel. until baka tsuki abandon that series. :((( huhuhuhu
good without ending can i say. ending always trouble.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 12, 2015 8:06 PM
Jun 2013
I do kinda get why some people didn't like this season (I'm including Shou as well in this) as much as they thought they would; Durarara can be quite slow paced, and the amount of buildup is likely seen as dull by some people. I get and understand that.

For me personally though, I really enjoy Durarara, and have been enjoying both Shou and Ten. Sure it's slow plotwise, however I don't mind saying that I watch Durarara for the characters and the various ways they develop and interact with one another: highlights for me in Ten specifically include discovering that Izaya may not be as big as an ass as we thought he was (Shinra's story from them in middle school), seeing more of Shizuo's softer side through his interactions with Vorona and of course, seeing Mikado's dark (and perhaps SLIGHTLY psychotic) side and how his friends (namely Masaomi and Celty) react to it.

Sure not much happened this season, but I enjoyed the buildup; it's gotten me excited for what's to come when the s*** inevitably does hit the fan. Darn it, darn it, darn it, darn it! I REALLY don't feel like waiting for Ketsu; I wish it were here already -_-
Dec 16, 2015 1:07 PM

Mar 2012
Overall it wasn't as good as Shou or the original 1st season...I don't really care that this ended basically the same as Shou in that Izaya got taken out...again. This season focused too much on side characters as well. 1 more cour...hopefully it'll explain a lot.

"To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment"
Dec 27, 2015 6:27 PM

May 2013
I like how Varona took action against Izaya.
Akabayashi's trying to recruit Mikado, but not even Celty could talk some sense into him.
Izumii vs Walker would have been nice to watch.

Izaya just destroyed Yodogiri, but the real villain, Kujiragi, is a few steps ahead of Izaya.
And mysterious party filled with all these people! I bet the next cour will tell us how this all happened.
I’m always searching for something, for someone. This feeling has possessed me I think, from that day… That day when the stars came falling.
Dec 29, 2015 12:29 AM
Trickster

Jun 2011
Wow, the second half of this season was incredible. So many things going on, and I loved every second of it. The Blue Squares are back, the Yellow Scarves are back, new gangs are coming in and making moves, Izaya has his own gang, a war is on its way, there's more than one Saika wielder, Kadota is in a coma, Shizuo has been arrested.

I was really surprised as to how Namie was in Shinra's apartment at the end there. How did she get there? Who saved her?

I think the only problems I saw with this series was they dropped the Ruri story arc quickly and it had no real conclusion and that it took a little while for things to spice up.

Loved Varona having feelings for Shizuo. I totally ship it. But I have to say, I'm conflicted with Izaya now that this new girl, Mikage, has been introduced. I do want to say that I am pleasantly surprised. She's a tomboy, definitely didn't seem like the type for Izaya, but I can dig it. But I also like him with Namie too. Regardless, I'd still like to learn more about Mikage. I adore tomboys.

In the end, this season surprised me after being bored with Durarara for a while. Now I'm as interested and as excited as ever to see more. 9/10
Dec 30, 2015 1:03 PM
Jul 2018
took me a while to finish i didn;t enjoy this as much as the past seasons.

.-.
Jan 2, 2016 7:24 AM

Dec 2010
What an ending that is. Hopefully Izaya still has one more trick up his sleeve, or else that would be a real misfortune.
Jan 19, 2016 3:14 PM

Apr 2009
I'm reminded of why it took me so long to watch Durarara after season one. The majority of the characters are just not that interesting and how their stories interconnect leaves much to be desired. It feels like 30+ episodes of a set-up and I hope the final season hits the ground running.

Regarding this episode, there's one thing that I liked about it. The characters are finally realizing who the major players are in the battle/war and we're seeing which side some of them are choosing to join up with.
Feb 1, 2016 12:43 PM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
More of a buildup season. Lol, Izaya is in a bad shape in the last episode of a season... again!

5/5
Feb 6, 2016 4:46 AM
Jun 2013
I dont know why but I was dieing when I heard the second car hit. Mikado has indeed gone off the deep end.Not much of a completed season,but a cliff hanger season. Still enjoyable and I cant wait for the big final next season. Also kinda figured the quiet lady was behind everything. thats the usal thing.
Feb 14, 2016 2:15 AM

Jul 2013
damn Aoba's brother really is hilarious af. I really thought he was the one who ran over Kadota

Now I'm just straight up confused. Every episode, questions pile up and nothing is explained. So Yodogiri Jinnai is not just one person? Speaking of multiple persons.. another freaking Saika? the hell? And the bunch of people in Shinra's apartment.. why's Namie there? damn.
Feb 21, 2016 5:57 AM

Aug 2008
Good finale but this season overall seems to be so uneven that it makes it inferior to the previous one. Events seem to be so random and unconnected that it gets hard to tell what is going on with the ever expanding cast and the characters bouncing off each other with no seeming design.

7/10, not as good as Durarara Shou but fun regardless.
Feb 29, 2016 1:58 PM

Feb 2016
And i thought that it couldnt get more interesting *-* XD
May 3, 2016 12:20 PM

Oct 2013
What the heck ? i thought namie was kidnapped by yodogiri,what was she doing at Shinra's apartment ? thing got complicated which is interesting.

And i hope Izawa survive somehow

Overall score 8/10
Jun 14, 2016 12:43 PM
Jan 2012
Things started heat it up. Final of this season that's very good,but have many loose ends.
It was quite different from season Shou.
I wait concluded facts in season ketsu. Highest point was to add details of past of Izaya,Shinra,Aoba and Celty.
And liked much of participation of awakusu kai in this season.
And don't like jinnai yodogiri. Wait more about finish the story.
RafaKojiroJun 14, 2016 12:48 PM
Jun 14, 2016 1:07 PM

Jul 2014
Nice. Can't wait to see what happens next.

4/5
Aug 24, 2016 7:24 AM

Dec 2011
Izaya getting hurt in the end of season again, lol.

This episode was great! Mikado is so fucked up, this is so sad to see.
And I'm still apprehensive about Kadota's accident, he's one of the best characters of drrr. ):
Nov 8, 2016 11:50 PM

Sep 2016
shiroux said:
It never cease to amaze me how their seemingly unrelated story, somehow, intersect all at once.
ha entangled with linking webs shrouded in mystery gotta love this show
Facta Non Verba
Dec 15, 2016 5:39 PM

Nov 2015

No, no, no, NO! This episode was way too short! I need more!
So many questions! ARGH!!

Good thing I can start watching Shou tomorrow. In the meanwhile, I need to sleep and digest all this.

7-8/10

As some people say, this seems to be a massive build up for the finale. Maybe that's why Durarara!! x2 is a three cour season. I won't complain tho! =D
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
HumbertoZeroDec 16, 2016 6:12 AM
Jan 19, 2017 2:38 AM

Dec 2012
Hey, Varona. I like you and all, but don't get between my future Shizuo and Izaya battles. You don't understand their relationship.

Loved how Izaya dodged Varona's kicked. Love watching Izaya fight.

Akabayashi had Mikado shitting himself. He had his leader shitting himself. lol

Walker the real Flame Haze.

LMAO at Walker with the Index reference.

LMAO at Celty telling Mikado not to brush her off with that middle school shit.

I was going to say Izaya making Yodogiri take a nap was ironic, but then the irony was ruined when he got beat again. lol

So that was why there was multiple Yodogiri's.

Kujiragi. MILF.

DAT GATHERING. DAT ENDING!

I must say, I preferred Shou more as a whole (I mean OP/ED song included etc.). Ten took a while to get into (OP/ED song as well, but I love them.), which I understand since it is the calm before the storm.
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
Mar 26, 2017 3:12 PM

Feb 2016
This show gave me a headache. Too many things are going on at The same time and because of that i can't follow everything. Just 12 more episodes to go...

Mar 19, 2018 4:09 PM

Jan 2013
Lmao, they have so many Yodogiri decoys, he must feel REALLY threatened.
Might be a buildup but it was still entertaining, I do agree with most not as good as the previous 2 seasons though.

8/10
Nov 9, 2019 10:46 AM

Sep 2019
What is this even about? I don't really get this anime anymore. This is keep getting down hill.
Nov 11, 2019 2:25 PM

Apr 2015
This installment is by far the one I liked the most. Despite all of its terrible writing flaws (character, plot, pacing, overall storyline and messaging), DRR Ten was so entertaining to watch. I loved action (like finally!!!!) The return of Masaomi is what I have been waiting for, the lack of Anri is also something that I did not miss, and all of the numerous people that Izaya knows. I love it!! Really excited for the final season!! I don't really like dark Mikado...his personality already was just plain annoying and his dark personality did not help it. He seemed too much of a try hard. Masaomi and Mikado are like the knock off version of Suzaku and Lelouch which I am surprisingly not mad about. Excited to see where the story heads next. I hope the ending isn't a trainwreck.

Although we part as I leave for Inaba,
where pines grow on the moutain peaks
If I am to hear that you pine for me
I shall come back to you again
Hyakunin Isshu (小倉百人一首):
Poem #16 "Tachiwakare"
©
Jun 4, 2020 2:09 AM

Apr 2013
Doesn't really feel like the last episode of a season, but I guess the sequel was planned all along. Very similar to the other two seasons, not worse and not better. 5/10
Dec 28, 2020 10:54 AM

May 2016
again another season finished on a lose end with a cliffhanger, and that twist about Kujigiri
being another saika was so outa nowhere not really interested though cause it was so sudden.

overall I give it a 7/10 some parts of it was pretty interesting about Varona and Akane, Kobayashi.
Mar 17, 2021 11:55 AM
Jul 2017
Decent series this run. Same stuff, lots of characters. Shiki, Haruya probably my favorite. The dude is just there to get the job done. On to next season.
Jul 12, 2021 6:57 AM

May 2020
Wow seems the battle between Yellow and Gray will blasting. Can't wait for it.
Jan 29, 2022 11:19 PM

May 2020
Again though Izaya getting the short end of the stick just right before the final moments, but well that twist about this whole Yodogiri group definitely came out a bit surprising. Nevertheless it was a build-up to the final arc of this second season. So 7/10, as for me it was a bit better than that first arc.
Feb 1, 2022 3:11 PM

Mar 2021
Tokoya said:
That convo that Celty had with Mikado was intense too

Yeah, the music was increasing the tension. I love that the conflict between the little gangs is like a war where a lot of feelings are involved.

I hope mikado has a plan or something. Not just because it's been hinted this whole arch that he had 18 aces under his sleeve but the way he acts just annoys me sometimes. I hope he goes actually crazy and nearly kill someone or something equally drastic. If he says that he knows what he is doing is wrong then he's definitely broken downs some walls and we don't actually know how far he'd go.
Aug 30, 2022 10:36 AM

May 2018
Why does Izaya always get fucked over at the end of a season xD
Sep 14, 2022 8:02 AM

Feb 2019
I've seen this show several times and now only just realised that weird hat ornament thing on her head is a gas mask...
The line below is True.
The line above is False.
Oct 2, 2022 11:44 PM

Dec 2018
cool episode, decent season, better than the dumpster fire of s2 but the whole colors gang bs is unnecessary and played tf out
Nov 20, 2022 9:08 PM
Apr 2020
Good episode imo.
Dec 7, 2022 10:08 PM

Sep 2018
Slightly lost me there in the second half, not as enthralling as the previous two seasons, but still really solid. Hope the build up is worth it. 8/10.
Mar 16, 2023 4:44 AM
May 2020
ayooo, new antagonist just dropped
Mar 28, 2023 6:19 PM

Feb 2018
Similar ending to the last one.
It looks like Izaya has got everything figured out, but the plan seems to get messed up by a new enemy.
I've got a feeling he might have known this was going to happen though...maybe...
Didn't expect this secretary, Kasane, to be the leader of the people that Izaya was after.

I would say I enjoyed this one about the same as the last, probably since its not really the end of the season.
Hopefully with this last season they'll be able to wrap everything up in a satisfying way.
May 4, 2023 11:04 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
The mistery continues and the conflict arrive a death point!!!! or not!!! KEKEKE

Sep 13, 2023 2:16 PM

Dec 2009
Notes from 2015:

Oct 2, 2023 2:10 AM
May 2021
jgjgjkhkhkkhkhkjkjh
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Durarara!!x2 Ten Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 22, 2015

103 by Karva1 »»
Apr 21, 3:59 PM

Poll: » Durarara!!x2 Ten Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 15, 2015

144 by Karva1 »»
Apr 21, 3:51 PM

Poll: » Durarara!!x2 Ten Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jul 4, 2015

151 by Karva1 »»
Apr 21, 1:59 PM

Poll: » Durarara!!x2 Ten Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 8, 2015

122 by Rithic »»
Aug 10, 2023 2:10 PM

Poll: » Durarara!!x2 Ten Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jul 11, 2015

135 by sasuke100 »»
May 31, 2023 4:19 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.