Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Poll: Aria The Avvenire Episode 1 Discussion

Dec 31, 2015 4:00 AM

It felt like another day on Aqua. Aria the Avvenire episode 1 is a wonderful additional to the Aria series.

Dec 31, 2015 5:10 AM

That was so precious

Dec 31, 2015 5:13 AM

I really wish President Aria hadn't started making noise during Athena's singing. It farted all over a beautiful moment.

Aside from that, lovely episode.

Dec 31, 2015 6:12 AM

really like it but wish to see Akira to row the Gondola..
but hoping for more, really happy to see them back..

Dec 31, 2015 6:43 AM

IT'S BACKKKK FINALLY. The wait for the subs was long, but definitely worth it!

I missed this show so much and just the OP itself gave me nostalgia tears and evoked so many emotions and memories back from when I was watching Aria.

Finally getting to see more of my favourite series of all time was great. The visuals improved so much and the new ED is pretty good.

Loved the scene where Alicia, Akira and Athena met along with the singing, gave me goosebumps~ And hearing Akari's voice in so long is so pleasant to hear.

Now waiting for eps 2 and 3~ the wait continues.

Dec 31, 2015 6:53 AM

After all the wait, we finally get the first episode of Avvenire. And dare I say it was worth the w8.

On another note, I still can't believe they used the opening from the Animation, the nostalgia hits me like a b-. Then Athena sang Baracolle, just when I expected no line from her (r.i.p. Tomoko Kawakami).

Dec 31, 2015 7:15 AM

Listened to Undine after such a long time.

Listened to Baracolle after a long time.

And last but not least, we listened to my all time favorite, Mangetsu no Dolce.

Pretty much went on a feels trip from the get-go.

I think this is a nice way to go into the new year haha

Dec 31, 2015 8:24 AM

That old song by Kawai Eri was a really nice touch. It was mainly riding on nostalgia but it's hard to hold it against Aria...
Ii tenki desu ne...

Dec 31, 2015 8:47 AM

It's always nice to hear about sequels and continuations to your favorite anime. Despite this, you may get that nagging feeling in your mind, that small voice that asks, "What if it doesn't live up to expectations? Will it retain the spirit of the original?" I've seen these thoughts of uncertainty surrounding upcoming sequels such as Steins;Gate 0, and even more feelings of disappointment directed toward the new Berserk adaptation.

When I first heard about the Avvenire, I realized it'd be one of those very rare moments when I knew with absolute certainty that I wouldn't be disappointed with an upcoming continuation, even years after the previous entry was released. I had no misgivings about its merits, no concerns about its craftsmanship. It won't top the Natural or the Origination, but it will be the same ol' Aria as before. I think the only other time I've had this feeling was when Mushishi Zoku Shou was announced.

I haven't watched this episode yet (saving it for just before the new year begins), but I have full confidence in the staff and their love for this series that they will recapture the atmosphere that Aria fans are so familiar with.

Dec 31, 2015 9:18 AM

Kind of a letdown. Really derpy animation and most of the episode takes place before the end of Origination... Also it was so short and Akari took like 5 minutes introducing us the setting again like we've never watched Aria before. It's not like this is a full season or even full length episodes. Guess my hype level was too high for an OVA but Arietta was incredible and I was hoping this could be on that level.

Dec 31, 2015 9:55 AM

Regretfully, inferior animation was to be expected. Hal Film Maker was really dedicated to Aria and they still had a few slip ups.
Ii tenki desu ne...

Dec 31, 2015 10:13 AM
10/10. It's a wonderful, perfect miracle.

Thank you, TYO, Mr. Satou, Amano-sensei...everyone who was involved. It was nothing but perfect. What a way to welcome the new year.

I can't wait for the BD sets to get licensed! Time to save up, too.

Dec 31, 2015 10:17 AM

Nice to watch my favorite slice of life anime in HD.

Hard not to get distracted at the soundtrack as i listen to the soundtrack every single day for the past 6-7 years now
LastExile_613.png

Dec 31, 2015 11:33 AM

16 minutes :/

Alice's hair kyaaaaaaaaaa!<3

Dec 31, 2015 1:21 PM
Loli King~

Even in 2015 Aria still is levels beyond most anime... I must admit I nearly cried watching this because Aria really did save my life during my depression phase.

I have nothing negative to say, Aria is flawless.

Dec 31, 2015 1:21 PM

Always wondered why this chapter wasn't adapted from the manga. Was soo damn good, I'm hoping they adapt the rest of the chapters they skipped.

Art was beautiful and hearing the old soundtrack was amazing. President Aria sounds still hurt my ears, wish he kept quiet. Those 16 minutes past by like seconds, I get the feeling I should rewatch the entire series again.

Overall loved it, can't wait for the next episode.

10/10

Dec 31, 2015 1:25 PM
Loli King~

DJAnime said:
Always wondered why this chapter wasn't adapted from the manga. Was soo damn good, I'm hoping they adapt the rest of the chapters they skipped.

Art was beautiful and hearing the old soundtrack was amazing. President Aria sounds still hurt my ears, wish he kept quiet. Those 16 minutes past by like seconds, I get the feeling I should rewatch the entire series again.

Overall loved it, can't wait for the next episode.

10/10

It felt like 3 minutes ,_,

Dec 31, 2015 1:49 PM

Wow.

The music...with headphones on. That was so perfect. Can't wait until the next episode.

Dec 31, 2015 4:07 PM

Oh my god the nostalgia wave hit me hard watching the first episode...still the most relaxing enjoyable show i have ever seen.

Dec 31, 2015 6:14 PM

One of the greatest slice of life's coming out subbed for New Years. What a treat, the animation is amazing, the episode was classic Aria. I can't wait for the next 2

Dec 31, 2015 6:37 PM

I haven't posted on these forums for years now but this episode warrants it.
that was sublime. absolutely fantastic. such a shame its only 15 minutes. if i had watched this last night id dare say it would have been the best thing i saw in the entirety of last year.

This episode really put some of the earlier episodes into perspective about how they priimas couldn't see each other often and how life never truly stays the same. its was actually quite sad to think about. hearing Athena sing was also hauntingly beautiful considering the circumstances.

even though i watched aria only a few years ago, this was non stop nostalgia. cant wait for the next 2 episodes. Also hope they eventually release the blurays in the west, if one of the comments above mine is true, the ED had upscaled scenes from the original series, and it looked great.

Dec 31, 2015 9:08 PM

<3 just as beautiful as i remember

Dec 31, 2015 11:33 PM

Oh my, that was short but wonderful.

I feel so much better after watching this, this is truly a miracle work. <3

looking forward to next episodes.

Jan 1, 2016 4:14 AM

Unbelievable, I'm speechless. I got goosebumps and shed a couple of tears after I heard "Undine" as the opening theme. It reminded me of all the magnificent moments of Aria. The art is beautiful, the characters look gorgeous and the atmosphere is just beyond words. This was truly a miracle ~ Needs more Alice next time, definitely looking forward to it!

Jan 1, 2016 8:32 AM

I got teary eyes from the shots of Neo-Venezia alone... and then all the characters. The soundtrack. The atmosphere. Everything an Aria fan wanted to see. Perfect score from me.

Jan 1, 2016 10:05 AM

This was great, when Akari made her "ehhhh" face one would know what to expect!

The mood when each generation got to have their own special gathering. Even Alicia's present landed with such grace.

Aria really does make one sit back with their eyes closed and enjoy the show, while swaying one's feet back and forth ^^

Jan 1, 2016 11:05 AM

I legit cried.

oh my heart

Jan 1, 2016 3:19 PM

Its here and its still perfect as always. No complaints at all except... BRING ON THE REST ALREADY

The moment Athena was singing and like Akira throwed this gift, and Alicia grabbed it and smiled; Athena saw it and also smiled, and then Akira as well. Those smiles... just warmed my heart, so beautiful..

Also, Aika is looking so perfect asfghjkl

10/10

Jan 1, 2016 3:31 PM

It's raining.

God bless Amano for this series.

Jan 1, 2016 3:46 PM

Nostalgia just hit me like a truck.

As beautiful as ever.

And nice to see the old comrades who make me discover Aria around here again ^^

Jan 1, 2016 8:01 PM
Hello folks,

It's a wonderful new year day for me: with this Aria OVA.

I hope they release the BD box for us - the English community..

Jan 2, 2016 3:57 AM
Need the subs to the commentary so bad.

berong91 said:
Hello folks,

Unfortunately the first season BDs have been ruined by the QTec upscale. They look worse than the DVDrips that have been out for some time.
Normal well-adjusted human being

Jan 2, 2016 6:46 AM

Yes, this still is the Aria I lovingly cherish and adore. It's like seeing my old friends again. The part where the three new Primas simply glanced at each other filled me with so much nostalgia at an instant. Why you keep doing this to me, Aria? (:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but we hardly ever see Akari and Akira paired up.. so that was kinda interesting to see the dynamic between them.
Also, the ending is neat. It's pretty much a flipbook of the places with warm and fun memories from the past seasons.

I'm curious to see if the next episode will have more focus on the newest Primas (Akari) with the last focused on the new trainees (Ai).
Although I am very satisfied with Origination and didn't really ask for this, I'm glad that Avvenire still retains that Aria feeling we're so used to.
Modified by Merukiresa, Jan 2, 2016 4:37 PM

Jan 2, 2016 7:18 AM

GrimaH said:
Need the subs to the commentary so bad.

berong91 said:
Hello folks,

Unfortunately the first season BDs have been ruined by the QTec upscale. They look worse than the DVDrips that have been out for some time.

Like Seed remastered version..?

Jan 2, 2016 7:38 AM
This really hit all the right notes, which is remarkable considering how short it was. Don't know why I expected anything less from Aria though.

Jan 2, 2016 8:05 AM

this was great, it felt so good hearing "undine" again after quite a long time...
a pretty magical episode!

Jan 2, 2016 3:01 PM

Damn this brought some tears to my eyes just for reexperiencing the atmosphere of this anime! Just wonderful, it's really is a miracle to to experience this wonderful anime, it's just so heartwarming and soul relaxing!

Very amazing first episode, I can't wait to see the second and third one when they'll be released!

Jan 2, 2016 4:35 PM

I cried ;-; so happy Aria is back, even if it's only temporary

Jan 2, 2016 9:54 PM

The anime the completely remind me of summer....... *sleeps
#CHEXIT

Jan 4, 2016 8:47 AM

Praise about this present OVA has been said many times already, just adding some notes:

1. I was not sure if Akari's adult hair is a good thing or not when I saw the character design sheet, but seeing it animated changed my mind completely. She's really beautiful with this new hair.

2. Watching origination right after this. Realized that the BG art is superbly upgraded. I don't really like the new sea CG, but it's minor.

3. New ED is great. Fitting for a track in ARIA series.

4. The rest is perfect nostalgia wave. Not sure if I should cry or giggling like 7 y.o, so I did some mix of both.

5. Have been fighting with stress and depresssion for quite some time. Now I remember what I missed in my life. An elixir called ARIA.

Now an eternity wait for ep. 2...
Modified by zeroyuki92, Jan 4, 2016 8:51 AM

Jan 4, 2016 9:05 AM

What a shame this OVA hard so little after so many years since I'd seen something related to the brand of Aria, was magnificent savor the atmosphere and hear those sounds so nostalgic, like seeing his characters that have accompanied me for so many years. Very good and very beautiful designs the sets depicting the places where everything takes place, that loud voice that Athena-san! <3
I can not wait to see the next OVA.

Jan 4, 2016 9:10 AM

Mostly flashback. Hopefully, next episode we get to see more on Akari's life as Prima.

Man, I really want a sequel to be honest.
Modified by Zapredon, Jan 4, 2016 9:12 AM
But it's important to remember that a movie review is subjective;it only gives you one person's opinion.

http://www.classzone.com/books/lnetwork_gr08/page_build.cfm?content=analyz_media&ch=30

It doesn't matter if you like LoGH,Monster etc.If you are a jobless or college/school dropout living in your mom basement, you are still an unintelligent loser. Taste in anime does not make you a better person.If elitist don't exist, casual pleb and shit taste also don't exist.

Jan 4, 2016 7:18 PM

It's good to be back, Neo-Venezia.
Modified by mwsmws22, Jan 4, 2016 7:19 PM

Jan 5, 2016 5:42 AM
this ep is short but it really brings back the memories, aria remains my favorite anime after all these years.

Jan 5, 2016 3:19 PM

The first thing I search after watching the first episode

"When I am White, I win because I am White. When I am Black, I win because I am Bogoljubov"

Jan 5, 2016 4:34 PM

I smiled, I laughed, I grew sorrowful and I cried all in 16 minutes. Odd comparison, but this is like an old mmo with all my old friends logging on for a day. Oh it's been 9 years for that game and 5.5 years since "the animation"

Jan 7, 2016 10:14 AM

I thought it was a great ep.

Excited for Ep 2 in a few months from now
Ayumi from Tsujidou would be on my top 5 MAL list if MAL would just allow that Tsujdou book to have characters...

Anyways, I'm just a big visual novel fan but have also watched quite a bit of anime and played a bunch of games.

Jan 9, 2016 11:12 PM

so i guess we will get to see those two properly introduced in the 2nd episode ?

"Smiles aren't made, they're shown."- Belldandy (A!MG)

Jan 10, 2016 4:40 AM

Just beautiful, can't believe they played Undine for the op.

What bugs me is the moe-fied character but it still the Aria I love.

Jan 10, 2016 12:14 PM

Miracles Happen.
I miss this series.

Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »