Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums

Senki Zesshou Symphogear GX: Believe in Justice and Hold a Determination to Fist. Episode 13 Discussion

New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
May 11, 2016 3:28 AM

Aug 2010
In a way it was worse than the previous season, but in a way it was better. Carol was certainly ten times more interesting than the mad scientist (why in the nine hell did they even have to bring him back and try to ridiculously redeem him is beyond me), but the absolutely awful, cringworthy melodrama probably surpassed Okada Mari herself and that's quite an achievement. I only hope that the next two seasons won't be peppered with Hibiki angsting some more, I wish we could just throw her the hell out of the crew. A generous 4/10.
Jul 25, 2016 11:19 AM
Jul 2008
I just marathoned this from the first season. Apparently 4th and 5th are already confirmed(split cour?).

This show reminds me of Nanoha, makes new friends every season :D

I like the autoscorers especially Garie. I hope they will be resurrected next season..

There're many unexplained things in the anime but they're explained in the specials. I didn't even realize that Tsubasa was already graduated if I don't watch the specials..
There's explanation about Chris' altar too and why her song lyric has buddhist thing in it. So I suggest everyone to watch the specials too :)
Jul 26, 2016 12:20 AM

Aug 2013
Just marathoned this entire series over the course of a week or two and I'm glad I got into it. The music is just...omg glorious. Anyways, the finale was about as on point as expected it to be though I have to admit that G was better than GX. Idk why but it felt like the development for all of the characters were rushed. Each one had an issue of internal conflict come up in an episode then they just overcome it toward the end. I mean...development wise for the characters, they could have changed that up but I digress. Can't wait for the next two seasons.
Don't believe the hype.
Aug 7, 2016 1:46 PM

Sep 2013
9/10 strong finish, except for Hibiki losing her entire development from last season it was great :)

Carol powers up and makes a lion zord XD
But the X drive is too much for her as Hibikis' fist triumphs.
Carol is still alive but with amnesia and then she takes the dying Elfnein's memories? :O
Trouble stirring up in Europe and Hibiki trying to get her parents back together :)
May 26, 2017 9:22 AM

Sep 2016
what a terrible season

-that piece of shit hibiki dad doesn't deserve anything, and everything about him get 'solved' in such a shit way
-hibiki and chris become really emo and annoying
-there is no focus at all. all 6 mc have no presence and importance whatsoever, beating whoever the villain of the week each episode.
-terrible 1-man villain that we have 0 interaction with, and her 4 soulless henchmen, i don't know if i can even call them a character
-really boring meaningless episodic and repetitive until the final battle
-tension getting from 0 to 100 way too fast. those repetitive episode involve absolutely nobody except our protagonist, but in final battle suddenly the entire world is at stake lol

fortunately the final battle with upgraded god cloth is good as always and of course there is best hero Sugita to save the world and the anime. and bouncing, touching boobs. and lesbian stuff.

well, as long as they still give good songs, nana mizuki and bolder lesbian stuff I'll keep watching
CrossAnge

Hey guys check my profile for current airing season anime recommendation (guaranteed best taste)
Sep 28, 2017 9:46 AM

Apr 2014
OMG SO MUCH POWER~!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Carol Burn So much Memory and Unleashed So much Power after another... Refusing to back down no matter what. The Fight Really Looks like A last Boss Fight Alright!.

I've Played Super robot wars Games And this IS Basically How it goes down Even in the Anime...

All teams takes out Minions. Checked!

Boss Summon one Last Showdown (a very Intimidating Looking Beast). Checked!

Everyone Beats the Hell Out of it To lower it's HP. Checked!

In Half Hp The Boss Throws out a Strong attack. Since it's Morale is MAX. Checked!

Bring On the Main Character Of The Series For the Final Attack. Checked!

Everyone Giving Their Power to Hibiki And She Creates!!!! Her ARM GEAR which is A FKING GIGANTIC GAUNTLET!! (no Surprise there).

Even After All Her power are Burn What She Summon Will blow Up the Place within 12 Kilometer.( She Totally not going down that easily for a boss which is entertaining until the end).

Through she came Back Looking for Elfnein Cause that's who she sees. Forgotten Her Revenge and Her purpose... Fuse with the Dying girl And Becomes Whole ...

This Story is weird here but I'm going with this flow alright... Power makes people go Crazy... 8/10 For For Lovable Characters. Maria Is My favorite in term of Development.
Front Hooks...Oh yeah...
Feb 10, 2018 12:25 PM
Nov 2012
I'm very torn on what rating to give this anime.

On the one hand, the quality has improved by leaps and bounds. The animation, voice, songs have all gotten better.
On the other hand, the story follows the same pattern of "Stubborn teenage girl with issues hating Hibiki. HIbiki getting emotionally tortured an entire season. Hibiki gains a new friend(s)"

It's becoming harder and harder to watch them unfairly torture Hibiki over and over. What's more, it's getting old. As I move onto season 4 and 5, I have to wonder if the staff will continue with the same format. With another new girl with some daddy/mummy issues hating on Hibiki and emotionally torture her, again.
Nov 8, 2018 1:08 PM

May 2016
Intense fight with the final boss lol Hibiki's parents are back together and i wonder if there will ever be a new season after 4

Carol's backstory was done right. I'm gonna miss her

10/10
May 11, 2019 10:07 PM

Mar 2008
Going back to this before Season 5 leaves me appreciating it a lot more. There is no doubt that GX has a fair amount of flaws. The second half got too repetitive at times and honestly the less I ever see of Hibiki's father again the better.

But it also surpasses the other seasons in a few areas. Carol is the best villain of the series thus far. In a sense she is Fine done right. Season 1 was great in a lot of ways, but it didn't do a great job developing the villain. Carol was established early and throughout was shown to be on top of things. Ver was a fun and crazy villain, but he's not exactly that deep. Carol manipulated everyone through the whole story. She stumbled just enough to seal her own defeat. Not realizing the impact her suicide was huge. Of course part of that plays into Hibiki's character. Because she's not the type to kill her enemies that forced Carol to end her own life to advance her plan.

Her motivations worked while making her a terrible person. She lost her father in a horrific situation. The rage and desire for revenge mixing up with her intense desire to fulfill what she believed to be her father's last wishes. That she stayed a child for much of the show fit. She never could truly grow up or find her own place in the world. And when her father's task was taken all she had was blind rage. Hibiki may have saved her body, but Carol destroyed herself. What was left to meet with Elfnein wasn't Carol. It was just a shell.

The first half of the show just flows really well. The main cast are at a high point and in a sense their world is at peace. The Noise are gone and the Symphogear users can essentially live their own lives with being rescue workers on the side. And then they just get kicked around for the first few episodes. This was a case unlike when Maria's team arrived where they truly felt at a disadvantage. Maria's team was problematic because they could run away and stay hidden. But the autoscorers and the new Noise could kill the main cast if they wanted.

We even get a nice resolution for Maria's arc in S2. She accepts her flaws and weaknesses instead of just trying to be who she isn't. Besides Carol I'd say Maria had the best overall arc.

The season had plenty of stumbles. They didn't need to get weird with Tsubasa's backstory and everyone didn't need some emotional mini-arc before using their Ignites. Tsubasa and Chris already used them to fight Carol. They could have kept the main plot going and have them more quickly clean up their fights.

But overall I'd say this was a great season for the show. Introducing alchemy gave the show some more life and Carol was outstanding as the main threat. I'll take the lows of this season since the highs were worth it.
Jun 3, 2019 11:44 AM

May 2016
SovereignSky said:
TYxTxYT said:

GX is the "Mahou Shoujo Incident"
It's on the pre-air poster

Then they messed up? They clearly said a Mahou Shoujo incident in Europe......it might mean actual magic, Alchemy=/=Magic

Guess the hype for this show was worth after all. XD

Also, it was like yeasterday it seemed like when this show got me into watching it. <3
Oct 31, 2020 11:13 PM
Sep 2018
I haven’t seen the last two seasons but why is it always the scientist person that’s evil
Dec 12, 2020 3:48 AM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
How to win a symphogear battle? Pull more bullshit out of your ass than your opponent. Yeah ok I guess this finale was pretty fun and explosive but the overall season really kind of sucked ass. Hibike was fine in the first 2 seasons but here in GX she kind of annoyed me whenever she talked. Tsubasa is still sexy asf tho hot damn. She becomes more bomb each season. And shirobe’s symphogear design looks plain stupid.

Well anyway I think we’re done with the shit part of symphogear now as I finally get to the good stuff: AVX, and of course, XV.

NYANPASU
5700XT

Jan 18, 2021 8:29 PM

Jun 2017
That was one hell of an episode, good action and character interaction, good soundtrack and some pretty good drama too. I love it.

I guess Dr. Ver got to be a hero after all. Probably the most petty hero ever, with the least pure motives, but there it is, at least his character was consistent the entire time - a total nut-job.

Also, I approve of that ending, Carol giving Elfnein her body - Elfnein was a better and more complex character than Carol, mainly due to Carol's motivation being seemingly nonsensical until you realize it was just revenge. Given how much she values her father, one would suspect after hundreds of years it would be enough for his will / desire for her and her future to override a generic "revenge quest".

Well, she wasn't really the worst villain, but the entire time I thought what she was doing was asinine and made zero sense (at least if you listened to HER reasoning). This episode verified that, but I enjoyed the season overall a lot more than the last one. Even with her mediocre motivation, Carol was still a better "last boss" than the "Nephilim" ...a generic giant monster once it's not being used to control floating islands and shit. I don't exactly have a problem with giant monsters, but a final boss with no directive or personality to speak of just isn't that interesting. A revenge quest, as overused as it is, is still an improvement over that.

...I also like the "Ignite" forms - I think the black looks pretty badass, especially Tsubasa's iteration (it makes her sword look so damn cool). Each character's unique "demons" to overcome and/or accept, to not be overtaken by the "impulse" and become monsters was a nice touch too, I thought.
Alpha-MethylMar 7, 2021 9:59 AM
May 9, 2021 2:50 PM

Feb 2020
Another rather weak sequel. The first season is still the best. I really hope the last two remaining seasons will be better.

Hibiki's father situation was so awkward and yet it was resolved so easily. The guy is one of the biggest scumbags I have ever seen in anime.

Carol's motivation to destroy the world was pretty stupid.

The only really good thing were those four dolls. I found them interesting. The action scenes were also nice and well done.

SerafosDec 28, 2023 7:55 AM
Jul 8, 2021 7:13 AM

Feb 2014
Just finished rewatching it. When Elfnein-chan said she doesn't want to disappear even though she could help save the world :'( It was kinda surprising to me that she had a gaping wound for so long and no one did anything about it lol
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 10, 2021 11:02 AM

Nov 2016
When parents don't love each other anymore or even after a big argument, they should try to work it out for the sake of their child. Thanks mom and dad.

And well, what am I supposed to say. Melodrama, kickass songs, over the top action and tons of wackness, this series is just enjoyable.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jan 3, 2022 2:08 AM

Jul 2017
Ended in glorious Symphogear fashion, and it's just lovely to see a really happy note all-round for this one. I absolutely adore Carol, so I couldn't be happier lol. Definitely my favourite season and finale so far.

It could end here honestly, but it seems I still got plenty more to eat xD

Oct 27, 2022 12:44 AM

Jun 2017
Just doing myself another rewatch this year... I notice, this time...

1. Carol's singing voice is kind of hot.

2. Shirabe and Kirika destroyed more than the Alca-noise they were fighting.

3. Chris pretty much killed 95%+ of them herself, in an instant. Just saying... their roles in combat are a LITTLE uneven, haha... I guess that's how it is when your focus is long distance AOE attacks and your bad guy = countless mobs.
Sep 15, 2023 7:02 PM

Nov 2010
Now that I've seen Maria's & Shirabe's X-Drive outfits more clearly, I think they look sexy! It's as good as Chris and Tsubasa.
Maria's big boobies and Tsubasa's cute ones combined for the ultimate power!

I'm with Carol. As long as my death and the others will be instantaneous and painless, I don't mind her disintegrating the world into oblivion. I also think life for more than half of the people in this world is unfair, cruel, and full of suffering. It's time to mercy-kill human society.

Hibiki's ultimate attack looks like the infinity gauntlet. Haha
The massive explosion in the end was glorious!
I wish Chris were sucking on my popsicle instead!
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Senki Zesshou Symphogear GX: Believe in Justice and Hold a Determination to Fist. Episode 12 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 19, 2015

41 by MizuhoKamui »»
Sep 15, 2023 6:10 PM

Poll: » Senki Zesshou Symphogear GX: Believe in Justice and Hold a Determination to Fist. Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 11, 2015

49 by MizuhoKamui »»
Sep 15, 2023 1:22 PM

Poll: » Senki Zesshou Symphogear GX: Believe in Justice and Hold a Determination to Fist. Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 4, 2015

25 by MizuhoKamui »»
Sep 15, 2023 12:39 PM

Poll: » Senki Zesshou Symphogear GX: Believe in Justice and Hold a Determination to Fist. Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 28, 2015

56 by MizuhoKamui »»
Sep 15, 2023 11:38 AM

Poll: » Senki Zesshou Symphogear GX: Believe in Justice and Hold a Determination to Fist. Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 21, 2015

39 by MizuhoKamui »»
Sep 15, 2023 9:53 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.