Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (9) « First ... « 7 8 [9]
Jun 9, 2020 2:58 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Okay, I was under the impression that I'd dislike this show since the past 2-3 years because of the Ecchi factor in particular plus the dislike this series keeps building up by the year. But now that I've finally given it a shot, count me mesmerised! Hopefully, this'll be the case not just for this season but more, a lot more if possible for that matter.

Engaging Plot, wonderful Characters, top-notch Animation and fabulous Sound Department. It's a Check in all these making for a freakin' incredibly amazing ride. To think that someone like me who doesn't even know how to make rice by himself would adore this season to this extent is incredible, to say the least.

J.C. Staff did a great job with this, really.

I'll quickly point out some of the memorable moments of the episode now. Exaggerations go hand-in-hand with this show and despite knowing that, I was still taken aback at just how ridiculous it was this time around yet again xD. Erina's reaction to the fragrance over at her office just nailed it, lmfao.

Nice to see some more story to Jun x Hayama too, really touched me if I'm to be frank. And boy, that swift decline to the female judge there was awesome too.

Lastly, it was cool to see the group enjoying the occasion. Comedy was on-point additionally and having the first Op and the paino version of the ED just a treat. But there's still some unsatisfaction and I can't wait to see how it'll play out in future seasons.

One more thing that really struck me while watching the show is regarding the Soundtrack which never failed to have an impact. For a while, I thought it was Hayashi Yuki-san from Haikyuu!! because they feel so alike and bring out similar charms. Thank you for the fantastic work, Kato Tatsuya-san.

I'm hoping it won't get too bad from here because I'm genuinely psyched for more...

Solid 9/10 (=> 8.85/10, to be precise) from me.
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Sep 23, 2020 4:52 PM

Mar 2010
Their were a lot of good times, a bit repetitive in the nature of explanation.. and honestly I would sometimes skim the details of a dish cause they would go a whole 5 minutes just saying shit I didn't really want to understand lolz but man twas a blast.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Nov 3, 2020 4:05 PM

Jun 2020
all i can say is, souma is a great MC, i love how modest & humble he grew.

also wondering what kind of dish hayama cooked. i mean.....fish head curry & naan....where i'm from, you do not eat fish head curry like that, that's hella weird with that consistency lolollll

it took me a while to get into this anime i mean the narrative was pretty flat, but it definitely picked up as it went along. but i enjoyed it more than i thought i would, it's pretty fun to watch with likeable characters. also i loved the OPs & EDs!

but i’ll probably remember over and over again
you were there and everyone else was there
— the day we all searched for just one thing

Mar 19, 2021 10:01 AM

Aug 2020
This show was interesting. It managed to turn a trivial thing like eating into a war ground. Even though some episodes seemed like a big advertising, I really enjoyed this anime. I might watch the second part soon.

May 7, 2021 12:14 AM
Oct 2018
An enjoyable anime for me

Nc ending

10/10.
Jul 10, 2021 7:01 PM

Jul 2017
A great little showdown to complete what's been a really great season 4 years later after rewatching this show 5 times in my first 6 months of anime.

When I last saw this show, I'm sure my average score on MAL was more than double what it is now, meaning that I've seen quite a fuckton of terrible shows, and good shows that have aged poorly after a while to become not so appealing, particularly after rewatches. And this show does fall apart later on in future seasons. But what I didn't expect was to enjoy the first season even more than I did 4 years ago with just maybe 1 episode being a bit flat on the entertainment out of 24. There were so many memorable and fun moments, great complexity of dishes and range too, fun characters, very solid artwork which died out in future seasons, and much more. Very entertaining stuff overall, and can't wait to rewatch the 2nd season tomorrow with the Autumn Election in full swing.

9/10 for season 1. A very surprising rating even now for me. Same score I would give my 2nd favorite anime of the year currently in 86 and my previous Anime of the Years in Major 2nd season 2 and Dorohedoro.
Oct 8, 2021 11:43 AM

Jan 2020
I heard that the anime downhill after some seasons. But this first? This first season was fucking awesome!!! The characters chemistry, battles, tournaments, food plates, soundtrack, , firsts opening and ending, Souma, Megumi, Hinako, Akira and among other things. I don't hype a competition anime like that since Kuroko no Basket. I'll really miss this 1s.

10/10. Let it come season 2!

Apr 9, 2022 6:02 PM
Dec 2020
This show has so many tsunderes lol. Also kuuderes! And the food looks so good. This show is what I watch when eating lunch so I always get so sad seeing how good the food in the show looks in comparison to my food.
Jul 18, 2022 12:16 PM

Jul 2019
I'm glad Souma didn't win. He's a great cook but not perfect.

Lol at the Aldinis' reaction: "Are we the weird ones for wearing clothes?"

Nikumi's conflicted. Sweet girl. :)

9/10
Sep 25, 2022 5:56 AM
Sep 2022
It was very good i enjoyed the dishes which made me hungery
Sep 26, 2022 7:47 PM
May 2020
Very great first season! I understand why this show was so popular when it came out and I sorta regret waiting so long to dig into it.
Everything about this last episode is delightful.
Nov 7, 2022 12:58 PM
Jul 2021
Nice ending thats it
Dec 14, 2022 6:40 AM
Dec 2022
bueno nxjkecnjehfbvjfbvavba
Dec 23, 2022 10:32 AM
Dec 2022
it good in many way
Jan 5, 2023 5:06 PM

Feb 2022
A perfect finale for a good show, i loved every second of it. If anyone would have told me before that i'll be binging on a series about food and cooking, i would've laughed, but well, here i am and i can't wait to start next season.
ROFL from the outro. Squid tentacles with yogurt and that evil smug smile, i'm dying.
Final score for the show is an 8/10.
                                                    slice of life anime, my beloved.

2D>>>>>>
Apr 9, 2023 4:41 AM
Apr 2023
très bon et bonne intrigue
May 25, 2023 7:55 PM
May 2023
it's pretty good.
Jul 6, 2023 1:10 AM
Feb 2023
Incredible im afraid to say that this anime is maybe on my top 5 animes
Jul 10, 2023 3:35 PM

Dec 2022
Great final episode!
Aug 20, 2023 8:04 PM
Aug 2023
MUITO BOM
O ANIME UM DOS MELHORES ANIMES DE COLINARIA
Sep 25, 2023 10:39 PM
Sep 2023
I love this Anime (eventhough the "foodgasms" make me feel a bit uncomfortable
Nov 14, 2023 5:05 AM
Nov 2021
Queria preparar um baiacu pra essa galera, vamo ver se vai ter o mesmo prazer.
Nov 14, 2023 3:58 PM
Apr 2023
Very good, very nicers
Pages (9) « First ... « 7 8 [9]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shokugeki no Souma Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 5, 2015

330 by Phaeton777 »»
Apr 17, 12:59 PM

Poll: » Shokugeki no Souma Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 3, 2015

636 by o_ob6o_o »»
Apr 11, 7:41 AM

Poll: » Shokugeki no Souma Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jun 19, 2015

221 by Emejotis »»
Apr 4, 8:59 AM

Poll: » Shokugeki no Souma Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Aug 28, 2015

186 by Duany »»
Mar 9, 1:59 PM

Poll: » Favorite op?

infinite_Shadows - Dec 31, 2023

13 by Arrow02 »»
Jan 2, 7:00 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.