Forum Settings
Forums

What is the oddest way you've befriended someone?

New
Sep 24, 2015 11:20 PM

Jul 2012

For me, I joined this group on Facebook for the anime convention I went to (Anime North) and then some girl posted about Haikyuu and it was like a circlejerk of comments there. Then, the other girl said we should make a chat group and so we did. Turns out everyone in the group was a fujoshi which made it extra fun. I met up with them later on in other conventions in Toronto and we all have the same interests which is pretty cool. The only downside is that half of them are my kouhai so I can't really talk to them about university.

What about you guys? Discuss and share stories.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Sep 24, 2015 11:22 PM

Apr 2014
A girl noticed one of my dank anime keychains and we hit it off from there.
Sep 24, 2015 11:22 PM

Mar 2013
I have no friends
Sep 24, 2015 11:23 PM

Jul 2012
Protaku94 said:
A girl noticed one of my dank anime keychains and we hit it off from there.

Lol yeah, I did that once too :P Had a Rilakkuma button on my bag and this girl asked if I was into Anime.

And another time, when I was reading ANN news about the Psycho Pass movie, the boy beside me was into it too and we fanboy/girled over the show.

dankbuddha said:
I have no friends

What about Jesus?
Sep 24, 2015 11:26 PM

Dec 2011
I used to go to McDonald's a lot on the weekend with my buddies for breakfast. I started recognizing one of the employees there (well a lot of them, but one guy particularly always took our order). I never gave him a name or anything, but I once saw he was at one of our favourite bubble tea places with his friends. I quietly payed for his entire table by paying the waitress at the front, and left a note saying "Thanks for everything. Your McDonalds bros."
I wanted it to be completely anonymous, but somehow, he guessed it was me, and surprised me with a larger smoothie than I ordered complimentary, and we became bros! He is now a manager there. We still recognize each other and talk every now and then.
Sep 24, 2015 11:27 PM

Jan 2014
First thing I ever said to my current best friend was "you disturb me".
We honestly couldn't be any more opposite people, now we're like this.

Not really a weird story, but a cool anecdote. He's also on this site by the way.
ThrashMattoSep 24, 2015 11:36 PM
I love Christine

"If one advances confidently in the direction of his dreams, and endeavors to live the life which he has imagined, he will meet with a success unexpected in common hours. He will put some things behind, will pass an invisible boundary; In proportion as he simplifies his life, the laws of the universe will appear less complex, and solitude will not be solitude, nor poverty poverty, nor weakness weakness." - Henry David Thoreau

Sep 24, 2015 11:30 PM

Jul 2014
we played league all night and now we are niggas for life
Sep 24, 2015 11:31 PM

Nov 2013
I met my ex-gf after forgetting my phone at lunch freshman year and she returned it to me the next day and I asked for her number.
Sep 24, 2015 11:33 PM

Jan 2014
Disonata said:
I met my ex-gf after forgetting my phone at lunch freshman year and she returned it to me the next day and I asked for her number.
...are you sure she didn't steal it with the intention of creating an interaction between the two of you?
I love Christine

"If one advances confidently in the direction of his dreams, and endeavors to live the life which he has imagined, he will meet with a success unexpected in common hours. He will put some things behind, will pass an invisible boundary; In proportion as he simplifies his life, the laws of the universe will appear less complex, and solitude will not be solitude, nor poverty poverty, nor weakness weakness." - Henry David Thoreau

Sep 24, 2015 11:35 PM

Jul 2012
DarChronicle said:
I used to go to McDonald's a lot on the weekend with my buddies for breakfast. I started recognizing one of the employees there (well a lot of them, but one guy particularly always took our order). I never gave him a name or anything, but I once saw he was at one of our favourite bubble tea places with his friends. I quietly payed for his entire table by paying the waitress at the front, and left a note saying "Thanks for everything. Your McDonalds bros."
I wanted it to be completely anonymous, but somehow, he guessed it was me, and surprised me with a larger smoothie than I ordered complimentary, and we became bros! He is now a manager there. We still recognize each other and talk every now and then.

lol dang thats cute :P

ThrashMatto said:
First thing I ever said to my current best friend was "you disturb me".
We honestly couldn't any more opposite people, now we're like this.

Not really a weird story, but a cool anecdote. He's also on this site by the way.

lol ayyy
i'm guessing it's not scav right?
Sep 24, 2015 11:36 PM

Jan 2014
mayukachan said:
Dear god no.
Wait.... are you saying me and scav are similar?
I love Christine

Sep 24, 2015 11:39 PM

Jan 2013
Most of my real friendships started out as Rivalries minus one. And by Rivalries, I mean I went Yandere/Yangire on them, like how dare they try and still my friend...then things work out, anyways,

That one was when I was young, I lived in poor area, this kid next to us left his toys out near the road and in his yard. I went and picked them up, put them on his porch. Then his mother noticed me I guess, few days later I'm asked to go there. Oh was that friendship fun, we broke so many things.
Sep 24, 2015 11:40 PM
Sep 2013
inflicted pain onto another guy by accidentally hitting his penis, rest is history
Sep 24, 2015 11:40 PM

Jul 2012
amazingbrian said:
inflicted pain onto another guy by accidentally hitting his penis, rest is history

what a beautiful bromance

ThrashMatto said:
mayukachan said:
Dear god no.

i'm kidding :')
Sep 24, 2015 11:42 PM

Sep 2014
Friends? What are those?
Sep 24, 2015 11:59 PM

Aug 2014
A guy commented on my MAL profile asking for my list's css. A couple months later we went to a rave together and slept at my place :D
Sep 25, 2015 12:01 AM

May 2013
was going for a run when someone i know drove by and picked me up in a car randomly and i made new friends haha
I CELEBRATE myself,
And what I assume you shall assume,
For every atom belonging to me as good belongs to you.
Sep 25, 2015 12:07 AM

Jan 2015
Once a friend knocked on my window at like 5 in the morning asking if I want to go hiking with him in 3 hours with his buddies. I told him to fuck off but became friends with his hiking buddies.
Sep 25, 2015 12:10 AM

Aug 2015
A former "friend" instigated conflict between me and this guy everyday until we started to hate each others guts. Then one day when my "Friend" wasn't around to instigate I randomly brought up Bleach and we started talking and figured out the only reason we didn't like each other was because of my "friend" and we both loved Bleach. We've been best friends ever since.
♫"Everyday's great at your Junes!"♫
Sep 25, 2015 12:16 AM

May 2014
SnugglyWhuggly said:
Friends? What are those?
I've been here way too long...
Sep 25, 2015 12:17 AM

Mar 2008
I was pretending to be a girl on one of those random chat sites. Ran into some guy and we were talking to eachother but at some point the convo turned more serious so i told them im not really a girl. Turns out it was actually a girl pretending to be a guy to hide from the pervs.

One time at school a girl shouted out to me saying "hii" and squealed almost and she came up to me and said I looked like another friend of hers and that I also look like some band member but she couldnt remember his name ad she told me her name and threatened she would kill me if I forgot.
Sep 25, 2015 12:27 AM
Oct 2008
ThrashMatto said:
mayukachan said:
Dear god no.

You did say you were complete opposites and your first words were "you disturb me".

I don't have any really weird meetings as such. I first bonded with a friend when we realised we had both attended the same awful highschool but in different years. We shared similar scars :D
CottonrabbitSep 25, 2015 3:58 PM
Sep 25, 2015 12:30 AM

Aug 2015
I was smoking a cigarette when this dude approached me and asked me for a cigar. We talked about pretty much everything for 2 hours. It felt like we knew each other our whole lives.
Sep 25, 2015 11:38 AM
Jul 2018
An old friend and I met in middle school and he had the same name and last name as me. The only difference is one letter in his first name.

His Dad also had the same name and last name as my dad. It was a given we were going to be friends, especially since we liked to crack up to our own stupid humor and when the teachers got us confused.
Sep 25, 2015 11:46 AM
Jul 2018
My current best friend and I met in 4th grade. Sat by eat other in art class. She drew a dick and pushed it over to me. We laughed and have been friends ever sense.

An old friend of mine I also met through poorly drawn dicks. It was some home-ec class. I was just doodling shit. She said it looked like crap and took my paper. She drew some awesome little doodle. So I took the paper back and drew a dick on it in rebuttal. We were friends for 3 years or so after that.

traed said:
ad she told me her name and threatened she would kill me if I forgot.

So what was her name? ;P
Sep 25, 2015 11:53 AM

Mar 2013
Through MAL :p we were just talking on the comments section, but ended up meeting here in Toronto when she came from NY for business trip, and so we became friends.
Sep 25, 2015 12:05 PM
Jul 2018
I was pretty bad high schooler with a big hair and "rockish" look,
teachers disliked this and many schoolmates joked around this too.
Once I had a fight with one guy from younger class but later when
I started a band, ironically, he became our drummer and friend.
Quite funny because shortly he looked very much like us too.
Sep 25, 2015 12:09 PM

Jan 2013
I called this guy a faggot but he liked it.
Sep 25, 2015 3:50 PM

Jul 2015
When I used to smoke, I was driving by with a friend and we saw some guys that seemed like smokers. We asked them if they smoked, they did, we smoked, we became friends.
Sep 25, 2015 3:52 PM
Jul 2015
SnugglyWhuggly said:
Friends? What are those?
Sep 25, 2015 4:03 PM
May 2015
Hmmm it's not exactly "eventful", probably quite dull but the oddest I can think of would have been when I was about 13 or 14, on holiday in an arcade. For whatever reason there was this trend of running up randomly grabbing someones backside (painfully) when they were trying to use those plush toy cranes and running off (really stupid and wrong, but that was the gag).

Some girl decided to do it to me but managed to thrust me face first into the glass, setting the alarm off and giving me a bloody nose. We were both promptly kicked out. Outside she swore she slipped and we ended up chatting, hitting it off and becoming good, if longish distance, friends.
FizixSep 25, 2015 4:07 PM
Shameless plugging a review site I help out with: http://www.almostmainstream.net
Sep 25, 2015 4:07 PM

Jun 2015
Facebook messenger. we netflixed and chilled during the summer, then she left to Arizona
Sep 25, 2015 4:15 PM

Dec 2012
When I was like 11 I saw other kids across the street and offered to draw them Pokemon because I was bored. Still friends to this day (Even though the weirdos didn't like Pokemon and preferred Yugioh).
Sep 25, 2015 4:19 PM

Aug 2013
A dude randomly starting talking about rice in our group we had during one french class, and he's been my best guy friend ever since.
Sep 25, 2015 4:26 PM
Mar 2013
When I was like 12 a relative of mine died and the same happened to someone in my class. When the new year started the teachers made us sit next to each other since we were in the same situation and we became friends and still are to this day.

kind of morbid now I think about it. A friendship built on death.
Sep 25, 2015 4:27 PM

May 2015
In college, I saw my classmates watching a Starcraft: Brood War match. They caught me staring...
Sep 25, 2015 4:39 PM

May 2015
I made a paper airplane for a girl on my bus in middle school.

I ended the relationship when she decided to marry the bus driver.
Slightly Dangerous

Sep 25, 2015 4:55 PM

Nov 2012
Friend? looooool XD
Sep 25, 2015 7:11 PM

Mar 2008
AudioDruid said:

traed said:
ad she told me her name and threatened she would kill me if I forgot.

So what was her name? ;P
Sarah
Sep 25, 2015 7:26 PM

Apr 2015
I don't have any friends because I hate 3D people.
My waifu, do not steal.
Sep 25, 2015 10:17 PM

Jun 2011
There was this one dude in my lab class who did a sorta subtle Okabe (Steins;Gate) pose when putting on his lab coat. I knew from that moment that we would make great friends, and we are pretty close now.

Sep 25, 2015 10:33 PM
Jul 2015
Asked the guy next to me if he knew were all the bacon was and he showed one of those hand driers. Insta-friends haha
Sep 25, 2015 10:39 PM

Aug 2009
Some guy on MAL messaged me, because we went to the same university and now we hang out sometimes =/

"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself."
-Friedrich Nietzsche
Sep 25, 2015 10:43 PM

Oct 2013
I asked a girl for cigs, we are somewhat close

I asked another one for cigs, I now want to fuck her

Cigs build friendships
Sep 25, 2015 10:44 PM

Jul 2015
SnugglyWhuggly said:
Friends? What are those?

it's an american sit com popular in the 90's
Sep 25, 2015 11:55 PM

Oct 2013
Two years ago, I was playing a game of LoL. My Champion was Ryze, and our team's ADC was a Tristana. This was back when they were crazy hypercarries. We carried the shit out of our team and won the game. Afterwards, we had a nice talk about life. He gave me some great advice. I quite League 2 years later. Maybe 2 years too late.
"There's no shame in falling down... true shame is to not stand up again!"

"Aah? Of course I won't miss!"

"My blood tastes like Iron."

"Run through the tape in life! Never give up! Run through the tape!"
Sep 26, 2015 11:13 AM

Feb 2014
This one girl had a few uni workshops with me trying to learn how to use this referencing software for an assignment and we made small talk

She ended up randomly coming and sitting down next to me in a lecture a couple of weeks later and the first thing she said was 'Nice boots' and I thought she had said something completely different so I said 'Excuse me?' and she responded 'BOOTS, not BOOBS' and from that moment on we became great friends :)
Sep 26, 2015 2:10 PM

Dec 2014
In the 5th grade, I got into a fist fight with a classmate that I barely knew. My teacher sent us both to the principal's office for consequence. The principal left us in her waiting lobby for 2 hours (probably out of spite). During the fight, I had thrown a desk across the room. He made a crack about it while we waited in the lobby and we broke out laughing. We ended up apologizing to the principal and my teacher and were best friends for the next 4 years until I moved to a new state. I tried tracking him down on Facebook, but so far no luck.
Sep 26, 2015 2:11 PM
Jul 2018
crud. I read befriend as behead my bad.
Sep 26, 2015 4:50 PM

Mar 2013
there was a guy working next to the place I worked at and I put up a song once and he knew what song it was so we rapped to it together and became friends. later on we found out we were going to the same school too.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» how do you complete assignments ? (school related)

sussybakagirl420 - Nov 6, 2023

12 by MyAssignment12 »»
11 minutes ago

» The level of NoLifer / NEET / Hiki you are?

IpreferEcchi - 8 hours ago

12 by IpreferEcchi »»
14 minutes ago

Poll: » school uniform or no school uniform which is better? ( 1 2 )

deg - Feb 21

93 by ArabianLuffy »»
21 minutes ago

Poll: » thoughts on social experiments?

deg - 4 hours ago

2 by deg »»
1 hour ago

» Is fanart cheating?

spaceslut - Mar 5, 2023

42 by dreamingneon »»
1 hour ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.