Forum Settings
Forums

The Most Overrated/Disappointing Anime This year

New
Sep 23, 2015 10:29 PM

Aug 2015
I'll go for Ore Monogatari
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Sep 23, 2015 10:31 PM

Apr 2015
Don't we already have a thread for this?
Sep 23, 2015 10:39 PM

Mar 2015
INB4 LOCK!

MeinKaiser said:
I'll go for Ore Monogatari
LMAO, what do you expect from this series until make it most dissapointing for you this years?
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."
Sep 23, 2015 10:40 PM

Jul 2012
Ore Mono was nice, I just didn't think it was impacting overall.
Sep 23, 2015 10:44 PM

Mar 2015
mayukachan said:
it's still ongoing. so i don't think it needed to be impacting suddenly in the middle.
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."
Sep 23, 2015 10:45 PM

Jan 2014
Plastic Memories and Charlotte were a hugeeeeee let down.
ItachiSep 23, 2015 10:49 PM

Sep 23, 2015 10:47 PM
Sep 23, 2015 10:48 PM

Jul 2013
Most overrated goes to DanMachi or KimiUso if we include left-overs.

OreMono is fine. I just finished a few minutes ago and while I do think that it's current rating is too high, it's still not that overrated compared to a lot of titles that aired this year.
Sep 23, 2015 10:51 PM

Aug 2014
Kruzy said:

OreMono is fine. I just finished a few minutes ago and while I do think that it's current rating is too high, it's still not that overrated compared to a lot of titles that aired this year.

Can someone tell me what makes Kimi Uso overrated please.
Your taste in Anime is shit.

Because you can't differentiate between what's good and bad.

How sad.
Sep 23, 2015 10:52 PM

Nov 2013
Ehh, surprisingly nothing was really disappointing for me this year yet. Everything I thought was going to be bad was bad and everything I thought was going to be good was good. If I had to pick I would say God Eater because it had a lot of hype, but I knew after episode 2 it wasn't going to amount to anything.
Sep 23, 2015 10:54 PM

Mar 2015
unblockedbridge said:
I loved My love story. It wasn't an entire season of cliche protagonists trying to confess for an eternity. Its unique, so I guess thats why some people don't like it, its not like most other romances.
read more shoujo guys.
Sep 23, 2015 10:56 PM

Mar 2012
This thread's probably going nowhere but Shimoneta is ridiculously overrated. I mean look at all those fucking 10/10 reviews on its page.
Sep 23, 2015 10:56 PM

Jul 2012
absentminded said:
mayukachan said:
it's still ongoing. so i don't think it needed to be impacting suddenly in the middle.

Well, the anime covered a lot of it. A good two cour should have covered a climax or two.

Grisaille said:

People are butthurt that they didn't feel the "feels"
Sep 23, 2015 10:58 PM

Aug 2014
mayukachan said:

Grisaille said:

People are butthurt that they didn't feel the "feels"

Thanks for the short & satisfactory answer. *Throws 'feels' at everyone*

How sad.
Sep 23, 2015 10:58 PM

Jun 2012
Kruzy said:
DanMachi

I find it hard to consider this overrated. Top 4 reviews of DanMachi: 4, 4, 5, 2. It has a silent majority that like it, but most people that talk about it just rail on it endlessly. And even the silent majority don't push it over 8.00 like they do with some unpopular anime (e.g. SAO).
Sep 23, 2015 11:03 PM

Jul 2013
Grisaille said:
Kruzy said:

Bad foreshadowing. Repetitiveness in flashbacks to force drama. Tone that shifts more than a kid playing FPS games. Monologues that don't fit the characters. Extremely lightly taken trauma. Wasted time and development on unnecessary characters and events.

-hydro said:
Kruzy said:
DanMachi

I find it hard to consider this overrated. Top 4 reviews of DanMachi: 4, 4, 5, 2. It has a silent majority that like it, but most people that talk about it just rail on it endlessly. And even the silent majority don't push it over 8.00 like they do with some unpopular anime (e.g. SAO).

The anime is at 7.98, that's more than enough to consider it overrated since it doesn't even deserve a 5.
Sep 23, 2015 11:05 PM

Jul 2012
Kruzy said:
Grisaille said:

Bad foreshadowing. Repetitiveness in flashbacks to force drama. Tone that shifts more than a 14 year old kid playing FPS games. Monologues that don't fit the characters. Extremely lightly taken trauma. Wasted time and development on unnecessary characters and events.

Thought the foreshadowing was great, especially after reading the manga and catching onto it. Flashbacks were a bit too much at times. The tone was always solemn-like, I think, except forced comedy scenarios which were done poorly in the anime. Monologues were fantastic, except the dialogues between our main couple which felt very awkward and metaphorical. Felt that other characters could have gotten more time and one (Nagi) less time because in the end, she was kind of pointless.
Sep 23, 2015 11:09 PM

Jul 2013
mayukachan said:
Thought the foreshadowing was great, especially after reading the manga and catching onto it. Flashbacks were a bit too much at times. The tone was always solemn-like, I think, except forced comedy scenarios which were done poorly in the anime. Monologues were fantastic, except the dialogues between our main couple which felt very awkward and metaphorical. Felt that other characters could have gotten more time and one (Nagi) less time because in the end, she was kind of pointless.

A piano to the face would have been more subtle than the foreshadowing in the show.
The tone was a joke. Bad comic relief interrupted and destroyed any mood that the dramatic scenes tried to set up.
Monologues would fit some 15th century authors more than the 14 year old kids in KimiUso.
Tsubaki and Ryouta needed all the time that was spent on the side characters.
Sep 23, 2015 11:10 PM

Mar 2015
Grisaille said:
Kruzy said:

please make it clear that i am not shigatsu haters. i give it an 8. look at my list.

most of it fans prised it soo much as best romance/drama ever just because someone die. it just look cringeworthy for me. her deathflag is already declared form first 3rd episode, but everyone look like really surprised. i found everyone other than main couple is just plot dirven character to make main couple become closer and breake it in the end for shock factor. i don't see any reason needed for it. also it's just cheap way to make character development. that's why i like this man quote
abystoma2 said:
every tear jerking melodrama are overrated by default
also some people (especialy Antilope/cdxx/higushi_no_kaze) i find is that shigatsu threated people with trauma like shit. and it make people really hate character other than main. dunno much since i don't really know by myself abut trauma, but i just feel so pity about main character dragged trough his own trauma many times.

i don't said that shigatsu is utter shit or something. i enjoy it music, it comedy, and it drama. and i also find it story executed pretty good. but i find it still really overrated if it going to be top 20.
Sep 23, 2015 11:13 PM

Mar 2015
mayukachan said:
absentminded said:

Well, the anime covered a lot of it. A good two cour should have covered a climax or two.
isn't final story is about he realize his own ego? is that not enough for you?
Sep 23, 2015 11:15 PM

Feb 2011
CHAOS DRAGON
Sep 23, 2015 11:16 PM

Dec 2012
Grisaille said:
Kruzy said:

The overall notion generated from a simple-minded audience?

It's overrated because people overrate it. It had quite a bit of flaws. From melodrama to awkward mood shifts.

Anyway, I nominate Charlotte of course. Jun Maeda is a fucking idiot.

I don't watch as much anime as before...
Sep 23, 2015 11:16 PM

Apr 2012
Itachi said:
Plastic Memories and Charlotte were a hugeeeeee let down.

how dare you bad mouth the pizza sauce DE GOZARU

Sep 23, 2015 11:22 PM

Feb 2015
Gangsta. Was expecting great anime, got only decent.
Sep 23, 2015 11:25 PM

Aug 2014
Kruzy said:
Grisaille said:

Bad foreshadowing. Repetitiveness in flashbacks to force drama. Tone that shifts more than a kid playing FPS games. Monologues that don't fit the characters. Extremely lightly taken trauma. Wasted time and development on unnecessary characters and events.

absentminded said:
Grisaille said:
please make it clear that i am not shigatsu haters. i give it an 8. look at my list.

most of it fans prised it soo much as best romance/drama ever just because someone die. it just look cringeworthy for me. her deathflag is already declared form first 3rd episode, but everyone look like really surprised. i found everyone other than main couple is just plot dirven character to make main couple become closer and breake it in the end for shock factor. i don't see any reason needed for it. also it's just cheap way to make character development. that's why i like this man quote
abystoma2 said:
every tear jerking melodrama are overrated by default
also some people (especialy Antilope/cdxx/higushi_no_kaze) i find is that shigatsu threated people with trauma like shit. and it make people really hate character other than main. dunno much since i don't really know by myself abut trauma, but i just feel so pity about main character dragged trough his own trauma many times.

i don't said that shigatsu is utter shit or something. i enjoy it music, it comedy, and it drama. and i also find it story executed pretty good. but i find it still really overrated if it going to be top 20.

I have to agree that the only flashbacks I'm interested in was the piano trio.
The other side characters made the show quite frustrating to watch.
I guess I can't see how it is overrated because I feel that the piano scenes executed offsets all of the cons.
As a piano guy myself I am hit hard by what the series is trying to tell us.
But thanks for the enlightenment lol.

How sad.
Sep 23, 2015 11:27 PM
Apr 2013
OreGairu 2
Sep 23, 2015 11:32 PM

Mar 2015
Grisaille said:
I have to agree that the only flashbacks I'm interested in was the piano trio.
The other side characters made the show quite frustrating to watch.
I guess I can't see how it is overrated because I feel that the piano scenes executed offsets all of the cons.
As a piano guy myself I am hit hard by what the series is trying to tell us.
But thanks for the enlightenment lol.
go to piano no mori series. it's far better. i suggest to read manga. it has more content. the movie really feel skiped IIRC.
VanishingKira said:
Most overrated: One Punch Man
it's not even aired yet. but i am sure it's gonna be said overrated because madhous + action, also salty sequel fans. people really need read original webtoon version. soo many people come to this series with wrong expectation.
KumaSep 23, 2015 11:35 PM
Sep 23, 2015 11:40 PM

Sep 2012
Charlotte: Believe me guys it gets better after episode 6, NO, it fucking didn't.
Sep 23, 2015 11:44 PM

Dec 2013
Inferno_Cop said:
Charlotte: Believe me guys it gets better after episode 6, NO, it fucking didn't.

It got worse.
Sep 23, 2015 11:47 PM

Sep 2014
Charlotte /topic
Sep 23, 2015 11:50 PM

Sep 2014
Infatuate said:
Grisaille said:

The overall notion generated from a simple-minded audience?

It's overrated because people overrate it. It had quite a bit of flaws. From melodrama to awkward mood shifts.

Anyway, I nominate Charlotte of course. Jun Maeda is a fucking idiot.

Maeda is a real snake in the grass.
Sep 24, 2015 11:48 AM
Jul 2018
Charlotte, period.
Sep 24, 2015 11:49 AM

Sep 2014
Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso, Oregairu's second season and Ore Monogatari
Sep 24, 2015 11:50 AM

Nov 2012
yeah, so far it's probably charlotte, it got worse and worse.
Sep 24, 2015 11:56 AM

Apr 2013
God Eater will be a huge disappointment if next episode is truly the last. If not, it'll remain a decent but mindless watch. Also, was expecting more from UBW 2nd season considering I had enjoyed the first season and back with Fate Zero the second cour turned out to be better than the first one.
Also, Owari no Seraph and Arslan turned out to be much more average than what I was expecting them to be. So yeah, quite a few disappointment so far.
5 main aspects I base my ratings on:
1. Did DramaEnthusiast make a thread about it?
2. Is it better than Breaking Bad?
3. Did MellowJello recommend the shit out of it?
4. Has it caused a (very entertaining) shitstorm on MAL?
5. Is it actually good?

Scratch the fifth point, it's not very relevant...
Sep 24, 2015 12:01 PM

Dec 2013
UBW easy
Sep 24, 2015 12:02 PM

Mar 2013
Charlotte

Better then I expected though but that's not hard to do if I was expecting a 1 or 2 out of ten.
added the fourth most popular anime onto this site
Sep 24, 2015 12:06 PM

Jun 2015
[b]Chaos Dragon- Just really shitty
Charlotte- Overhyped and MAJOR plot holes everywhere
God Eater- Delays, cut-off ending
Gakkou Gurashi- Such a great first episode but it's so slow and not really my kind of thing
Aquarion Logos- Bad sequel to a series i adore sooo much
Dragon Ball Super- TOEI.......that's all
Bikini Warriors- Too short for such an amazing series
Kuusen Madoushi Kouhosei no Kyoukan- basically nothing happened
Read Toriko!

Oct 2013
geralt said:
God Eater will be a huge disappointment if next episode is truly the last. If not, it'll remain a decent but mindless watch. Also, was expecting more from UBW 2nd season considering I had enjoyed the first season and back with Fate Zero the second cour turned out to be better than the first one.
Also, Owari no Seraph and Arslan turned out to be much more average than what I was expecting them to be. So yeah, quite a few disappointment so far.

Yea, I expected more from arslan, it was too plain, I drop it after a couple of episode. Did you know that the same author that made logh is also the same person that writes arslan?

Mar 2014
There is only one true answer to that question
Tokyo Ghoul √A
You know an anime is bad when you expect nothing and are still let down
SeibaaHomu said:
This thread's probably going nowhere but Shimoneta is ridiculously overrated. I mean look at all those fucking 10/10 reviews on its page.
B-but she has pantsus on her head! S-so that means it's automatically a 10/10!
Nico- said:
@Comic_Sans oh no y arnt ppl dieing i need more ppl dieing rly gud plot avansement jus liek tokyo ghoul if erbudy dies amirite
Conversations with people pinging/quoting me to argue about some old post I wrote years ago will not be entertained
Sep 24, 2015 12:09 PM

Dec 2013
Charlotte will always be overrated because it will never reach ~6.00 that this illogical, teen fanfic abomination is worth.
Sep 24, 2015 12:16 PM

Apr 2011
Ranpo Kitan was disappointing. It started off promising, then it just dropped and dropped and never even thought of getting back up. Dove more than a football player, this shit.

Charlotte is overrated. Doesn't deserve anything near a 7, somehow it's above Akagami. It's fans kept saying that it would get better at episode 6, to wait until it's story started. Well, a one cour anime should not be waiting until episode 6 to get started.

Triage X. The manga is just so much better. Seriously guys, just read the manga and forget the anime even exists.

Dragon Ball Super. The less said about this the better. Just please don't call it Dragon Ball.

and so many more.
Sep 24, 2015 12:19 PM

Jun 2015
yhunata said:
Ranpo Kitan was disappointing. It started off promising, then it just dropped and dropped and never even thought of getting back up. Dove more than a football player, this shit.

Charlotte is overrated. Doesn't deserve anything near a 7, somehow it's above Akagami. It's fans kept saying that it would get better at episode 6, to wait until it's story started. Well, a one cour anime should not be waiting until episode 6 to get started.

Triage X. The manga is just so much better. Seriously guys, just read the manga and forget the anime even exists.

Dragon Ball Super. The less said about this the better. Just please don't call it Dragon Ball.

and so many more.

+1 Triage X
Read Toriko!
Sep 24, 2015 12:30 PM

Apr 2013
keragamming said:
Yea, I expected more from arslan, it was too plain, I drop it after a couple of episode. Did you know that the same author that made logh is also the same person that writes arslan?

Yeah that was one of the main reason I was expecting more from it. A historical setting plus an acclaimed writer seemed like the recipe for an anime I'd love. Didn't go that way sadly and I can tell you it remained quite average even after 20 episodes.
5 main aspects I base my ratings on:
1. Did DramaEnthusiast make a thread about it?
2. Is it better than Breaking Bad?
3. Did MellowJello recommend the shit out of it?
4. Has it caused a (very entertaining) shitstorm on MAL?
5. Is it actually good?

Scratch the fifth point, it's not very relevant...
Sep 24, 2015 12:31 PM
Dec 2013
Death Parade for me.
Sep 24, 2015 12:37 PM

Jul 2013
geralt said:
keragamming said:

Yeah that was one of the main reason I was expecting more from it. A historical setting plus an acclaimed writer seemed like the recipe for an anime I'd love. Didn't go that way sadly and I can tell you it remained quite average even after 20 episodes.

It became average since the moment that Narsus appears to predict the plans of all the enemies and the plot armor of the protagonist became obvious to a painful level (like the Farangis scene in the last episode). It's a pity, since in the beginning the series was depicted as a good historical anime. But well, worse things have happened.
Sep 24, 2015 12:40 PM

Jun 2014
shit overall - overlord, gate, school live, arslan senki, charlotte, god eater, kuroko s3, plastic memories, seraph of the end, tokyo ghoul, your lie in april, parasyte and the list goes on
:3
Sep 24, 2015 12:49 PM

Aug 2015
Every anime this year.
Sep 24, 2015 12:54 PM

Aug 2011
This season right now it would be Rokka no Yuusha. I am so tired of that shit. IT'S NOT THAT GOOD! It's so boring and generic, so I don't see what people see in it. I've watched half of it and it's just an unoriginal plotline.

Tokyo Ghoul root A was also overrated. I dropped it after like a few episodes because it was so boring and confusing. Casual fanss are just like "Omg Kaneki my waifu, he's so awesome, Tokyo Ghoul best animu evar!" Then they post shitty memes about it.

Don't even get me started on Overlord. That shit was boring and I dropped it after 3 episodes. It's such an empty anime with a plot that gets tired too easily. The comedy sucks too.

Those are the 3 overrated anime this year.
Sep 24, 2015 12:55 PM

Dec 2013
alpha_shadow said:
shit overall - overlord, gate, school live, arslan senki, charlotte, god eater, kuroko s3, plastic memories, seraph of the end, tokyo ghoul, your lie in april, parasyte and the list goes on

Anime was a mistake. These words are truer than ever before.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

» What are your thoughts on harem anime?

BuddhaIsBetter - 2 hours ago

20 by Nirinbo »»
1 minute ago

» ❄️ Anime Winter 2024 Male Characters Tournament ( 1 2 )

ISeeLifePeople - Apr 14

77 by SeleneOnTheMoon »»
2 minutes ago

» Character explaining their own power to opponent is stupid, why do they do that?

Rinrinka - 9 minutes ago

5 by Ishitateso »»
3 minutes ago

» Which of your Character Favorites (profile) do you think are the least faithful/biggest potential cheaters?

IpreferEcchi - 4 minutes ago

0 by IpreferEcchi »»
4 minutes ago

Poll: » Best Russian in anime

Catalano - Yesterday

25 by Morphun »»
9 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.