Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »
Sep 30, 2015 5:41 AM

Jul 2009
Very intense episode! It started with Alex's dark memories and they all those fights started!
I hope they do a 2nd season! 8/10
Sep 30, 2015 6:49 AM
Feb 2012
Went to the manga and checked how much they adapted. 5 volumes exactly it seems, and it was adapted 1:1. Potential for season 2 there.
The release of atomic energy has not created a new problem. It has merely made more urgent the necessity of solving an existing one. - Albert Einstein
Sep 30, 2015 6:54 AM

Aug 2009
Rachmaninow said:
Went to the manga and checked how much they adapted. 5 volumes exactly it seems, and it was adapted 1:1. Potential for season 2 there.

I wouldn't be so sure about that, cause rumors are that Manglobe filed for bankruptcy today.
Sep 30, 2015 8:09 AM
Sep 2014
Samu-tan said:
Rachmaninow said:

I wouldn't be so sure about that, cause rumors are that Manglobe filed for bankruptcy today.

Can another anime developing company continue it?

I mean, I'm not a professional but like could any other company that makes anime buy rights for the manga and release a second season?

On my own thoughts, this anime is one of a kind (it also has the same name as my nick), I loved it very much, but the ending was the worst I could expect. I really, really, really hope another season is released soon or some OVAs maybe to make the ending reasonable.
Sep 30, 2015 9:19 AM

Mar 2014
Some really good moments in this episode, but a really awkward way to end things.

If Manglobe really did file for bankruptcy, then... well... it doesn't necessarily mean they're going under... but they might take on less risky projects, and even though Gangsta garnered a lot of popularity at first, in the end, it's gotten enough of a mixed response from people that a season 2 would be more risky than not, sadly. :(

Of course, with this ending, I'd still want to see a season 2 happen, and if they already have the licence for the manga, perhaps they'll still go ahead with it, instead of trying to get the licence for another series... still, the fact that they haven't announced anything yet isn't a good sign. Here's hoping, though.
::End of Transmission::

Sep 30, 2015 10:32 AM

Sep 2013
This anime didnt really live up to my expectations. It turned out to be a show with a messy plot and awful pacing. They didnt bother at all to properly explain most of the things that is happening especially how the mafia system works, leaving its audience clueless most of the time. And to end this with a cliffhanger is like blatantly telling the viewers to read the manga. Manglobe very rarely makes second seasons.
"I have been wielding a blade since before your were swimming around your father's scrotum." - Kurou
Sep 30, 2015 10:44 AM

Aug 2009
This has to be the one of the most weakliest endings I've ever seen..seriously, wtf was that?, did the producers forgot they had 12 episodes to work with?.

meh show, gonna miss the OP though.
Sep 30, 2015 10:48 AM

Apr 2011
Throughout episode 1 to 12, is there heavy censorship?
Sep 30, 2015 11:10 AM

Jul 2010
I don't understand, does MAL have a wrong number of episodes or what? this felt like a normal cliffhanger for next episode.Seriously, i'm lowering my rating if that's the case.
6/10 and no more.Gonna read manga which i can imagine being much better, since i liked the plot itself.
incompleteAEGISSep 30, 2015 11:20 AM
Sep 30, 2015 11:15 AM

Oct 2011
In the 200s for 11 episodes and then boom fell off a cliff.

Freaken Charlotte is ranked higher than this.

What a disappointment.
Sep 30, 2015 1:09 PM

Mar 2009
Yikes. Did Gangsta kill Manglobe?

Now I feel like a dick for complaining about the ending.
Sep 30, 2015 1:29 PM
Jul 2014
So, the Hunters are (super-) humans, stronger than most of the Twilights and without their weaknesses. (And they call the tags monster or animals?).

Urg, that is like the "Neo" in Claremonts aweful X-Men run in 2000. :p

--------
I really liked the begining of Gangsta.: Awesome Main characters, some cool Supporting chars (the doctor and Nina; Loretta and her henchmen, Doug, Conie and Joel), ambiente noir setting, appropriate music.
Without the supernatural ("Mutants") BS this could have been a decent gangster ballad ...

5/10
Sep 30, 2015 1:41 PM

Dec 2007
Great start, meh middle, great ending. 8/10 overall since what's there is really well done but there's so much more that should be there.
Jumping in Headfirst - I hear reading it causes immortality. Warning. Reading may not actually cause immortality.
Sep 30, 2015 2:24 PM

May 2010
What a... cliffhanger? Letdown? Whatever it is, it wasn't a bad end. Sure, it felt out of nowhere but not so bad that people that it should suddenly lose its ranking so fast. Well, yeah the last episode have been pretty boring though. The characters which seemed so mysterious are turning out to be not-so-awesome or just are taking way too long to uncover... Well, its still a good anime. Enjoyed it. 7.5/10
Sep 30, 2015 6:51 PM

Feb 2013
That was the end??? There better be a second season.

Anyway great anime.

8//10
Oct 1, 2015 12:00 AM
Nov 2008
That was wildly inconclusive. They just stopped right in the middle of the arc. Who does that!?
Oct 1, 2015 1:55 AM

Jun 2011
Well, seems like we will never get a second season. The anime studio apparently went bankrupt
Oct 1, 2015 4:25 AM

Apr 2014
Great episode.
I'm back to liking Gangsta again.
The few episodes back was a real shame and pissed me the fuck off.
I don't know if it was the gross animation or the fast pacing.
I really enjoyed that its back to this consistent pacing.

7.5/10.
Season 2 seems hazy now that mangalobe is bankrupt but I do hope someone picks it up and hopefully delivers the same atmosphere and directing as the previous studio did.

Also I don't mind the cliff hanger.
IMO Better than rushing the fuck out of the last episode and giving me something to rant about just like the previous episodes.

Oct 1, 2015 7:19 AM

Nov 2011
Expected much more from Gangsta tbh, pretty good start, but the drama was really dull a times, also tended to not explain many things, leaving me in the dark. 6.

Join the MSP Club for an in-depth look at score progressions and other stats of currently airing anime
Oct 1, 2015 11:43 AM
Apr 2014
-_______________________________-
HERE I COME, MANGA
Oct 1, 2015 11:46 AM

Jan 2015
WTF?! There has to be a second series to this anime.

... solid story & very interesting characters.
Oct 1, 2015 12:41 PM

Sep 2014
No idea what to say about this. I enjoyed this anime sooo much at first, to the point that I thought it could be the best this season but I was disappointed in the end.

Gangsta had so much going for it but the second half it kind of died for me. Still a good anime with potential, will read the manga to see if it satisfies on a higher level.

7-8/10 only because i loved the first half.
Oct 1, 2015 8:53 PM

Oct 2011
OMG WORRICK , NICK NOOOOOOOO

SEASON 2 !!!! PLEASE !!!!
Oct 1, 2015 9:38 PM

Mar 2013
Is it just me or has the show gone down hill after the last few episodes. The Deaf dude is weak and Ricky is becoming weaker. I want them to start killing the bastards that killed doug. Man how i hated episode 11. I better hope it gets better from here. Nicolas and Ricky need to be like episode 1 or 2 again. Is there going to be a season 2 soon?
IndienRockOct 1, 2015 9:45 PM
Oct 2, 2015 5:16 AM

Apr 2013
a non ending, this isn't even a cliffhanger it is just nothing

really enjoyed the series but what i feared happend, we get nothing in the end probably gonna read the manga but this was disappointing.

in this case some anime original ending would have probably been better, or atleast add some scenes to have some sort of finale. let ginger kick some hunter ass or something

a bunch of stuff is set up but nothing resolved in any way
Oct 2, 2015 6:45 AM

Jun 2011
Lol, so many plebs who dislike the fact that they have to read the manga.
Well anime original ending would have disappointed manga fans and I really hate when anime ruins source material by rushing/cutting content and making entirely anime original story i.e Tokyo Ghoul. So, I will definitely check out the manga. I advise you to do the same and read it from the first chapter (You never know how faithful is the adaptation until you had read it all).

Overall 8/10.

Still better than shonen-crap that is Deadman Wonderland(Both manga and anime) which tries to act serious even more than Gangsta, but it is not.

CharlesMarlowOct 2, 2015 8:11 AM
Oct 2, 2015 6:49 AM

Mar 2013
Season 2 will clearly never happen. You should be glad they tried to give it a ending in the first place.
added the fourth most popular anime onto this site
Oct 2, 2015 7:02 AM

Jan 2015
6/10
Oct 2, 2015 10:15 AM

May 2014
Well motherfucking hell. This ended so unsatisfying šŸ˜­
I oughta say that this was the best episode of this anime for sure, the second half was stunning. From emotion to animation. Fucking fantastic. Worick was amazing this time around, together with that other guy, they made the best of this episode. I'll give this a final rating of 9/10. Surely the best summer anime and it definitely needs a sequel which I'll be watching for sure.
Oct 2, 2015 11:19 AM

Aug 2014
Damn that ending was just one helluva cliffhanger :o Worrick better survive >_> I hope this will get a 2nd season, but I'll definitely start reading the manga soon-ish anyway to see the difference. One of the better shows this summer, 8/10.
Oct 2, 2015 8:25 PM

Jan 2013
Alright final episode, too bad Manglobe is no more.
Never will see a season 2.
Oct 2, 2015 10:36 PM

Jun 2010
Just to clarify to the straight up idjits in this thread;
ANIME ORIGINAL SUCKS PLZ STFU 4 LIFE

THE ANIME COVERS 28 CHAPTERS.

THERE ARE ONLY 39 CHAPTERS

DO THE ELEMENTARY LEVEL MATH F*
Oct 2, 2015 11:22 PM
Nov 2014
What a disappointing series.

Upon hearing of Gangsta, I'd hoped that perhaps the series would've been more, well, gangsta as the title suggests. And whilst I certainly wouldn't consider it a terrible series, it left much to be desired.

There wasn't much of a direction from the get go; each episode instead meandered about, introducing characters and pumping up plot arcs before dropping it altogether in this finale. I enjoyed the characters - namely Nicholas, who's very unique and fun to watch - and the fight scenes were at times well choreographed and fluid. However the little to no buildup to this ending is sadly unsatisfying and ultimately weak.

A shame Studio Manglobe is no more. Their anime has always been testing the waters; they've never found much of an audience in Japan, but I appreciate their willingness to try new things. And I don't entirely blame them for this anime; unfortunately it's just one of those cases where they were given a strict amount of episodes to work with, and what with their apparent financial troubles, the rush to birth this out is sadly evident.

It had potential and a definite entertainment factor. If it weren't for that ending it'd be a 6/10 from me; however, upon reflecting on it, 5/10 seems most fair - a shame, since this was the anime I was most looking forward to this season.
Oct 3, 2015 12:59 AM

Dec 2012
Damn how can they stop the anime like this :/. I hope another studio will buy the rights.
Really a great episode, Worrick was badass, Joel's speech was full of feelings.
About the show, I'm a little disappointed, because at the beginning I was waiting an anime without supernatural things. But nevertheless, this anime is good with serious moments and very good OSTs.
Oct 3, 2015 7:10 AM

Nov 2010
Maybe I am crazy but I thought it was a ok ending... Not the best that ever was but for people to call the series a disappointment is kinda crazy...

Overall I give it a 7.5/10 (and not MAL 7.5 out of 10)
Oct 3, 2015 9:21 AM

Feb 2014
Alex is gonna catch a cold on those steps. Poor Worick.

I dislike they didn't conclude it. I heard something about Manglobe falling apart. I hope we'll still get a second season. Probably, anyway, but how soon? I just might pick up the manga.
Oct 3, 2015 9:53 PM

Sep 2014
First half was like 9/10 for me second half 6/10. Very inconsistent. Overall 7.5
?
Oct 4, 2015 12:18 AM

Apr 2010
I was really hesitant to give this a 7 because I wanted to rate it a 6.5. The beginning of the anime, maybe the first half was pretty enjoyable. The last half, not so much. I found myself only half paying attention to the episodes running on one screen while playing Cities: Skylines on the other. It didn't really grab my attention enough after a while so I just kinda let it play and glanced over every so often. The production quality took a hit at some point, too.

I guess overall for me it was okay. Not terribly much to remember about it. I liked Nina though. She was probably my favorite character.

Oct 4, 2015 1:39 AM

Jan 2012
It just starts getting good and then the series ends!! n If there is any single anime I can think of that needs another season its this one.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 4, 2015 6:45 AM

Feb 2012
is this really the end???????????
Oct 4, 2015 7:58 AM

May 2014
I hope this series will have a 2nd season. Because that ending were so weird. I hope a 2nd season will come cause after the last ep. I were totally confused about the whole sereis. LOL
Oct 4, 2015 10:17 PM

Jan 2013
This was a pretty good series. Too bad it ended in a cliffhanger... :(
Words aren't the only way to tell someone how you feel.- Tifa lockhart
Which is it? A memory or us? -Tifa lockhart
Oct 5, 2015 2:55 AM

Jul 2008
I can only give this a 6/10. If there was a confirmed 2nd season I could understand the ending and thus change my score. However we don't know if that's happening and can only judge it on its own.

If you are going to do a one off series then give it an end.
Oct 5, 2015 1:16 PM

May 2013
Literrally what happened and rip Manglobe. C'mon man
The world shall know the truth soon.
Oct 5, 2015 10:15 PM
Oct 2015
After watched all episodes when being an "emotional guy" to watch Gangsta, i honestly not really satisfy of the ending, because main characters don't actually die much, but the scenery in last episode makes me feel " Are they Dying....Are they Dying", so i was like is it true that Gangsta just like that, destroy my feelings that my main character is going to die. In that case, my feelings makes me wanna pursue-ing the second season to answer my emotion which full of doubt for satisfaction.
Oct 7, 2015 11:38 PM

Jun 2009
What the hell?
Oct 10, 2015 6:42 AM

Sep 2014
This anime had the best mix of animation and music since years. I need the OST to this as much as the second season.
"This emotion is mine alone.
It is for Madoka alone." - Homura
or how I would descripe Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.
Oct 10, 2015 1:43 PM

Jun 2014
Oh man, that did not feel like an ending. I almost feel like I should expect another episode.

This was a pretty good adaptation. Admittedly, the art and animation suffered more often than not, and I didn't like that during some fight scenes they would keep playing jazz-ish music (I felt like that made fights feel less serious), but still.

The main problem here was that they probably should have ended it somewhere else. A second season isn't guaranteed and they ended at a really bad place for a season that may not have a sequel.

I give this a 7/10. It'd be cool if we got another season, but I'd like better animation if we do.
VanishingKira said:
This was alright,but definitely the most overhyped/overrated anime this season 6/10.

Nah, I think that title belongs to Charlotte.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 11, 2015 1:48 PM

Dec 2013
Very disappointing show. I guess I got my hopes up because when I looked at the art for the show it reminded me of Black Lagoon but sadly it wasn't nearly as good.
Oct 11, 2015 4:33 PM

May 2012
Damn hard ending, pretty decent run and even though I did expect a different kind of ending it was still enjoyable to marathon this anime! The setting was pretty solid and the overall character/story development was quite good as well!

So all in all a pretty good anime if you ask me!
Pages (8) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Gangsta. Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jul 8, 2015

236 by BadCatBodhi »»
Feb 5, 12:49 PM

Poll: » Gangsta. Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Sunakko-ch4n - Sep 10, 2015

107 by Cammell »»
Jan 8, 11:08 AM

Poll: » Gangsta. Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Aug 30, 2015

155 by Cammell »»
Jan 6, 6:03 AM

Poll: » Gangsta. Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Aug 23, 2015

169 by Cammell »»
Dec 31, 2023 12:21 PM

Poll: » Gangsta. Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Aug 9, 2015

161 by Cammell »»
Dec 31, 2023 4:50 AM
Itā€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.