Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Sep 23, 2015 5:27 PM

Aug 2013
Episode was not bad. That totally feel-good ending made it worth the watch. Great show overall.
Sep 23, 2015 5:29 PM

Jan 2011
Loved the series, and the little bit at the end where they showed the beginning of the new semsester (and Ai still being pursued by Oda) was a nice bonus. Suna still hasn't been paired up of course, but it is only the start of year 2 of high school and as most manga readers and anime watchers know that's when the school romances usually start. I hope they give us at least another cour to wrap up some side romances when the manga gets enough chapters ahead.
Please don't feed the trolls!
In my next life I want to collide at the corner with the cute transfer student
carrying a piece of toast in her mouth
...rodac

Sep 23, 2015 5:31 PM

Jun 2013
That ending was so predictable but I still enjoyed the hell out of it. This is the best shoujo to date I have watched, its usually just not my thing. I cant believe I was actually on Takeos side on this one, he's a cool dude
Sep 23, 2015 5:32 PM

Oct 2012
Hmm, kinda average ending, it was way too obvious how this ends.

The strong points of this anime were shining love scenes and spot-on touching music.

The bad point of this anime was it got repetetive too soon. eg. situation -> misunderstanding -> sweet reconciliation. again and again and again. I really don't mind watching this but there was hardly any real progress, just change of scenery.

And I also didn't quite like how they handled Suna and turned him into overly archetypal and onesided character during the show. Basically any other character in this show was just plot device to move Suna and Rinko into some situation.

I kinda enjoyed it but they really repeated proven concept way too much in its second half. It was still good but in its second part the show kinda lost its momentum.

6/10
Mich666Sep 23, 2015 5:36 PM
Sep 23, 2015 5:34 PM

Dec 2014
I always find it odd when a 2 cour show ends. You've been watching a show for so long and then it's just over forever. I really liked this anime, a lot of people are saying how it got slow after the start and it might just be my love for SoL but it didn't feel boring for me at all. I loved all the characters and was happy to see another episode every week. I'm going to miss Takeo, Yamato and Sunakawa, they were awesome and this show was awesome!

9/10
Sep 23, 2015 5:39 PM

Nov 2010
Really going to miss this series. It's been a nice run. Hope to see Takeo, Yamato, and Suna some other time again!
Sep 23, 2015 5:54 PM

Jun 2014
Well happy endings do exist for everyone! I cried from the start of the episode til the very end. Glad I kept my tissues close by.

I was so worried that the old saying "Nice guys finish last!" was going to apply in this anime. Takeo may not have been the best looking guy in the world, but he was the most sweetest, kindest, and dependable guy you could hope for! I cheered him on when Yamato said her heart belonged to Takeo from the moment she saw him.

Loved this anime! Loved the romance, loved the characters, loved the story, and I loved the music!

Overall I give this anime a 10/10! Hope we get to see more of Takeo, Yamato, and Suna someday!
So glad that I'm not a huge manga reader, because the manga readers WHINE WAY TOO MUCH and have to RUIN every adapted anime for the ANIME ONLY WATCHERS!
Sep 23, 2015 5:54 PM

Jan 2013
Solid ending wonder where it would go from here.
Sep 23, 2015 6:18 PM

Dec 2009
Best animu 10/10
Really enjoyed this one.
Sep 23, 2015 6:31 PM

Jun 2013
well that was nice
Sep 23, 2015 6:32 PM

Dec 2014
ok a nice show altogether/ but to me a little more episodes would've made ME LOSE INTEREST altogather
Sep 23, 2015 6:48 PM
Jul 2018
ahh what a cute show. ill miss it.
Sep 23, 2015 6:56 PM

Aug 2007
I will miss this anime. I like it and is the first shojo anime that I watch with a male protagonist.
Sep 23, 2015 7:07 PM
Jun 2013
This show was so much fun. I enjoyed every single episode. Just laughs and sweetness all around.
Sep 23, 2015 7:20 PM

Dec 2009
Man, I'm so sad this is over. Such a good series. Yamato and Takeo make the cutest couple ever! 9/10
Sep 23, 2015 7:20 PM
Aug 2013
I loved this show so much. It was so sweet in almost every episode. There hasn't been a shoujo that has made me cry this much since Kimi ni Todoke. I'm definitely going to buy the manga.
Sep 23, 2015 7:24 PM

Aug 2008
Great show to watch. The characters grow on you really well. Between the comedy, and the romance, it was all well executed I'd say. Definitely the best shojo anime in a while, too. The ending was really well done too!
Definitely would recommend it to anyone looking for a wholesome romance anime, with comedy in it...
Sep 23, 2015 7:36 PM

Jul 2015
There was no way Rinko would choose the patissiere, because then I'd lose faith in all romcoms. Nonetheless, I loved Takeo's interaction with this competition lmao, and Ichinose's dish actually looked damn delicious. 7/10 season 2 with more suna pleaase
Sep 23, 2015 7:43 PM

Jul 2012
I didn't like the patisserie arc at all, it was brought in so suddenly and just felt like a poor excuse for drama and development. The episode was horribly rushed too,I just can't feel for the patisserie.

Anyways, the show was pretty good at first but it felt pretty stale as it went on, could've been better.

7/10
Sep 23, 2015 7:44 PM
Jul 2018
A very unique romance anime to say the least. Comedy well executed. The soundtrack was so MIDI-ish tho :/

Overall: 9/10 Will miss this series.
Sep 23, 2015 8:01 PM

Jan 2011
there goes one of the better Shoujo /love comedies that made spring-summer way more enjoyable for me if you're just a fan of feeling good and happy and don't mind a Shoujo being Shoujo as facck Ore Mono is great,i will say though i wish things progressed a little better then they did by the end of the first half this could of been done and set from the way things ended so that's mainly were some of my disappointment lied

all and all an really fun show 8/10
Sep 23, 2015 8:14 PM

Sep 2013
Takeo, a man's man with feelings :'(
LOVE :'(

Sep 23, 2015 8:15 PM

Jan 2011
Tossed up between a 7 and 8.

It was one of the purest romances I've seen. So it was very predictable since you knew nothing was going to stop this couple from loving each other from the start. That isn't a bad thing per say. It took the drama out of it and just let the love literally blossom from episode to episode. I did like the first half better than the second but glad it got a full 24 episodes.

All and all a good anime to watch if you enjoy the genre. It is my favorite genre so this was a pleasant watch but not one that I consider "best" or anything.
Sep 23, 2015 8:25 PM

Mar 2015
Rooting for a second season with a heavier focus on Sunakawa's homosexuality.
Sep 23, 2015 8:25 PM

Apr 2013
I enjoyed this series, but I felt it got a little to samey after the first like 4 or 5 episodes. They started mixing up later on by focusing on other characters which was nice, but the interactions between Yamato and Takeo got boring, since it was like the same shit between those two every time. Again, good show, but it felt repetitive at times.

7/10
Sep 23, 2015 8:36 PM
Sep 2014
Gaelenmyr said:
7/10

I loved the first episodes because it felt like a different shoujo. In the middle of series, I got really bored. At some part, side characters were better. I didn't like Yamato at all, I'm not interested in Mary Sue characters.

Gonna miss Suna's charming laugh, Takeo's loud noise and Ai's big sister attitude, though.

I don't think Mary Sue means what you think it means.
Sep 23, 2015 8:39 PM

Jul 2013
Laaaaaame..

Started strong but got weaker and weaker as time progressed. As a matter of fact, I found the episodes that DID NOT resolve around Takeo or Yamato to be the best in the series (like that afro guy's confession & Sunakawa with the glasses girl). This final "arc" was utter bullshit, no matter how you see it the patisserie guy is a better match for Yamato.

The only uniqueness (if you can even call it that) is the main guy is ugly as fuck but in the end he's just as gary stu as many shoujo leads.

5/10

Oh and there's too many fucking "suki da" to my liking. Lazy ass script writer can't think of any other dialogue.
MoeGodSep 23, 2015 10:22 PM
Sep 23, 2015 8:41 PM

Feb 2013
This was a nice and lovely ride.
Loved Rinko's reaction at Takeo calling her by her first name.

I hope there's a second season in the future, although I think it's not selling very well.

8/10
Sep 23, 2015 8:52 PM

Jan 2011
BD/DVD sales were terrible (but shoujo shows often are) however the manga sold over 350k of volume 9. Manga/LN sales boosts are now extremely important in determining whether sequels get made.
Please don't feed the trolls!
In my next life I want to collide at the corner with the cute transfer student
carrying a piece of toast in her mouth
...rodac

Sep 23, 2015 8:58 PM
May 2012
By far, the worst episode -.-
Sep 23, 2015 9:21 PM

Nov 2014
Sigh, another disappointing ending this season. I felt like it was rushed and went straight for the ending. I was expecting a grand finale like Yamato would get angry because Takeo didn't tell her and about his inferiority complex and she would try to or at least say something to clear her doubts like "there is no other guy for her" or something along with these lines. There was nothing like that, what I hate the most is when Love Triangle becomes sportsmanship, MC and some other guy who was recently introduced competes for the main girl even though MC has a relationship with the main girl.

-Sure, most of you must have liked the ending, but this doesn't fall into my likeness criteria. I would have still forgiven it, if only there was a kiss in the end too. A romance story has to end with a kiss, but there was nothing like that either. So, lovely Complex>>>Ore Monogtari!! for me easily.
Sep 23, 2015 9:54 PM

Jan 2015
It started awesome, then it got hella boring, and near the end it got better. Was a fun ride overall, nothing big (except for Takeo haha jk). Keeping my 7/10 rating.

Not to forget:

Gouda said:
SUKI DA!
Sep 23, 2015 10:35 PM

Aug 2014
Huff. It ended, after waiting for one-week delay. Thank god it was worth it though.
Predictable, but I like how Madhouse executing those scenes beautifully.

7/10 for this. Started off good. Mediocre in the middle, and delivers at the end. Good shoujo series indeed.
For anyone who annoyed by ''suki da''-of-the-episode stuff, I think the author did that on purpose. It becoming Takeo's tagline now.

I still disappointed to see Suna still alone even at the end of the series.. Will he ever dating someone?
Sep 23, 2015 10:40 PM

Nov 2012
okay ending to this lame love triangle arc. overall 6/10, i wish this show was a one cour series, i would've rated it so much higher.
Sep 23, 2015 10:53 PM
Ceasefire NOW

Aug 2009
The anime was okay throughout the episodes, but the last two felt forced and predictable. I liked the chef guy though; I wish I saw him in more episodes.

7/10
Sep 23, 2015 11:02 PM

Sep 2012
Watching this right after I watched Love Live movie today, I don't think I can handle it, ughhh

Nice ending, though I want a s2 lol

9/10
Sep 23, 2015 11:11 PM

Oct 2008
robis798 said:
I'm generally very positive towards shoujo and while this was in the first episodes is charming, it became too stale, the lifes and encounters our sweet otp had during 80% of the series were just not engaging, plus the way everything was oversweetened and overflowered quickly became tedious.

I feel that with the episode count it could have dedicated more episodes to side characters, it would have helped the show tremendously. And while we had some episodes dedicated to Suna, those didn't really made him more interesting; same can be said about other side cast. Overall, this series lacked the plot progression or some more important events that would push the series instead of being purest of the pure slice of life. But then again, with such an early relationship development between Yamato and Takeo it was inevitable.

Still a nice show.

MTE!

The show was enjoyable but more misses than hits. There were really too many stale episodes.

Wished there was more of Ai and Hayato too.
Sep 23, 2015 11:29 PM

Nov 2014
This ending was expected from a mile away. So much for the "This series is not like the others/it's so refreshing in comparison." type of comments regarding the series. After the first 5 episodes, the show became stale and was dragged on more than was necessary.

Eventually, the same patterns were repeated for comedic effect, having been overused already. It would have been fine if this series were 12 episodes long. Still, how the plot progressed and the weight of the characters make the series forgettable at best.

I know it isn't supposed to be truly realistic from the beginning, but the way everything plays out and the amount of time it takes for things to unfold just makes you question the integrity of their relationship from start to finish.

Sep 23, 2015 11:48 PM
Feb 2011
An okay last episode, nothing out of extraordinary happened.

Overall, I really would have enjoyed the anime more had it been like only 13 episodes long, because as it was now, it got really boring and felt like a chore to watch it after like 14 episodes.
Though at least the last two episodes had some quite funny moments.
Sep 23, 2015 11:49 PM

Jan 2014
A very solid romance anime, really close to just being my favourite romance anime in general. While there were still plenty of cliche's they also broke tons and just handled them soomuch better. I don't think this'll be getting a season 2 not that it really needs it because imo the ending is pretty satisfying. 9/10 for me.
Sep 23, 2015 11:52 PM

Dec 2012
Lol Sunakawa's screaming was hilarious.
Takeo challenging Ichinose for Yamato.
The Rinko cake looked really delicious.
Just love the relationship between Takeo & Yamato.
Gonna have to say that this turned out to be a surprisingly great and amazing show.
Takeo and Sunakawa's bromance was awesome and I loved it.
Overall I gotta give this show 10/10.
Sad to see it go. Hopefully we get a second season one day.
"I’ve set myself to become the King of the Pirates…and if I die trying…then at least I tried!" Monkey D. Luffy (One Piece)

Sep 24, 2015 12:35 AM

Mar 2012
Was a solid watch for me. There were moments that I loved a ton and parts that were a bit of a drag for me. Takeo certainly is quite the interesting main for a RomCom. Didn't care a whole ton for Yamato sadly, though she had plenty of cute moments. Suna easily was my favorite character and he always made situations that much more entertaining for me. The earlier episodes shined more than the latter ones. Still was a solid and fun watch though.
Sep 24, 2015 3:22 AM

Mar 2008
so sad that it ended .. this is one of my fave anime of the year .
Sep 24, 2015 3:46 AM

Apr 2013
Some parts dragged a bit, but I had a good laugh at least once every episode. And overall it was very sweet and I liked that there wasn't too much drama like in most other shoujos (at least that few that I watched), it just had a nice lighthearted feeling.
Sep 24, 2015 4:04 AM
Dec 2009
I knew it was going to end like this but don't care... still loved this ending!!
Over the past few years I've felt tired of the shojo and romance genres but I thoroughly enjoyed this series from start to finish. It managed to make all the cliches fun again. I've recommended it to so many friends over the past couple months, haha.

Takeo and Suna have the best bromance ever.
And Yamato is just so sweet.

Hoping Suna will be able to find true love later on in life :)

kyuudere said:
And lol, I didn't expect this man re-appearance!

Thanks to him, Takeo ends up with Yamato!

Nice catch!!
Sep 24, 2015 4:29 AM
Jul 2018
I enjoy the lightheartedness of the series but the only type of drama in the series being people trying to break them apart was kind of boring after a while. I do think it would've been a lot better as one cour though.
Sep 24, 2015 4:39 AM

Mar 2013
I was wondering how will the finale be seeing the last episode's ending, but turns out, it was such a delightful watch :')

Liked how the more monologues of the characters were added in it for more fun XD
And the animation felt somewhat superior in this one.

Knew Ichinose was a good guy, at least he's happy in the end.

It'd so much fun having friends like Takeo and Suna irl :')
They both were too good in the series. Especially Takeo... you just can't hate that guy :D

In the end, it was a very wonderful and heart warming series. A good shoujo anime comparatively to others. Would miss it :')
9/10
FinalFlash18Sep 24, 2015 5:09 AM
Sep 24, 2015 4:44 AM

Feb 2014
That was an enjoyable series :)

glad to see Takeo and Yamato okay again!

8/10.
Sep 24, 2015 4:46 AM

May 2012
9/10 suki daaa!!!
I despise woke people.
Sep 24, 2015 5:52 AM

Mar 2013
When you know it!

Pages (6) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ore Monogatari!! Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 22, 2015

375 by Nakiri_Haato »»
Mar 12, 7:54 PM

Poll: » Ore Monogatari!! Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jun 10, 2015

161 by zibus »»
Feb 25, 10:27 PM

» How can they have sex? ( 1 2 3 )

ichii_1 - Apr 29, 2015

116 by BigBoyAdvance »»
Feb 24, 11:28 AM

Poll: » Ore Monogatari!! Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 13, 2015

324 by BigBoyAdvance »»
Feb 18, 5:49 AM

Poll: » Ore Monogatari!! Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

raveninthemuddle - Apr 4, 2015

435 by BigBoyAdvance »»
Feb 18, 1:51 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.