Forum Settings
Forums
Akame ga KILL!
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Sep 28, 2015 9:31 AM

Jul 2008
MilviBritannia said:
Shangetsu said:

Him being able to matter in the story at this point with only a few days of training is pretty much bullshit to begin with. Out of all the way the author could have taken, this was one of the best choice.
Not saying it's good, it's just the less worse choice.

Or you know...they could have just not stroked Akame's ego in their fight in the previous chapter which made Wave look like a joke....that would have also helped. There would have been no need for a power-up. I mean he didnt have to win, he just had to give some form of resistance.

Any power-up wave gets at this point is a bit tacky. I liked Grand Chariot as it was and adding to it will make it a bit too much. They should have made the fight a lot more equal imo....lets face it Akame de-manned and humiliated him.

In terms of Mine, she will probably return for the final battle. At least I hope she will be back. I miss her so much :((( Her and Tatsumi deserve to be happy together.

Wave is a fisherman, he's not a warrior even though he got a teigu.
It's perfectly normal for him to be toyed around by someone who had to learn assassination technique and combat ever since she was young.

Wave always was a joke, he always was the kind of character with no real skills that simply relied on pure raw stats to get the job done (and he never really got any job done iirc)
Sep 28, 2015 9:38 AM
Sep 2015
MilviBritannia said:
Shangetsu said:

Him being able to matter in the story at this point with only a few days of training is pretty much bullshit to begin with. Out of all the way the author could have taken, this was one of the best choice.
Not saying it's good, it's just the less worse choice.

Or you know...they could have just not stroked Akame's ego in their fight in the previous chapter which made Wave look like a joke....that would have also helped. There would have been no need for a power-up. I mean he didnt have to win, he just had to give some form of resistance.

Any power-up wave gets at this point is a bit tacky. I liked Grand Chariot as it was and adding to it will make it a bit too much. They should have made the fight a lot more equal imo....lets face it Akame de-manned and humiliated him.

In terms of Mine, she will probably return for the final battle. At least I hope she will be back. I miss her so much :((( Her and Tatsumi deserve to be happy together.

Thank You! Wave wouldn't need a power up if he had a better showing against Akame. He didn't have to win but DAMN. That fight was so one sided he now needs a power up in the form of breaking the rules that have already been set

"Oh so you can use two teigus, it just comes at a price." Nonsense and more importantly unnecessary. Could've just made him stronger from the get go. Oh wait, the first chapter he was introduced he was maxed out at 100% potential. So Wave hasn't improved at all since his introduction. If you're going to go that route then at least make him strong enough to participate.
Sep 28, 2015 12:02 PM

Oct 2014
I don't really like the idea of Wave usin 2 teigus but as long as he'll fight Tatsumi I'll be happy.
Sep 28, 2015 12:17 PM
Sep 2015
Shenoa said:
I don't really like the idea of Wave usin 2 teigus but as long as he'll fight Tatsumi I'll be happy.

I want his second tegui to be more of power tegui to enchance the grand chariot rather than being a random weapon with an ability
Sep 28, 2015 12:23 PM

Jun 2014
I'm surprised that so many of you saw Akame as being "angry". Imo she is suffering/in pain for having to kill her ex-comrades.

To the extent that she has to force her "switch" with almost every kill. I felt bad for her (despite the fact that it was Kurome's pals who were getting chopped to pieces lol). The mangaka is prepping Akame for killing her sister but now with wave getting a second Teigu I wonder if he will interrupt the fight.
I'm starting to think that either both Kurome & Wave get away & have their happy ending, or they both die.
Sep 28, 2015 1:38 PM
Sep 2015
ramenshoujo said:
I'm surprised that so many of you saw Akame as being "angry". Imo she is suffering/in pain for having to kill her ex-comrades.

To the extent that she has to force her "switch" with almost every kill. I felt bad for her (despite the fact that it was Kurome's pals who were getting chopped to pieces lol). The mangaka is prepping Akame for killing her sister but now with wave getting a second Teigu I wonder if he will interrupt the fight.
I'm starting to think that either both Kurome & Wave get away & have their happy ending, or they both die.

I think Wave is gonna appear at the moment of Kuromes death and it's gonna have huge emotional effect that causes if to take the step of using a second tegui
Sep 28, 2015 10:03 PM

Mar 2015
Akame is cool in this chapter.. killing all her former comrades.

Kurome getting more despair as her friends are dying.

Foreshadowing of Wave wielding two teigus and probably do a final battle with Dragon Tatsumi lol.

Sep 29, 2015 1:50 AM

May 2014
Shangetsu said:
MilviBritannia said:

It's perfectly normal for him to be toyed around by someone who had to learn assassination technique and combat ever since she was young.

Wave always was a joke, he always was the kind of character with no real skills that simply relied on pure raw stats to get the job done (and he never really got any job done iirc)

Wave managed to fight 3 of NR at once in the earlier chapters where they all praised his strength. He was also trained by an Imperial of some fairly decent station which led him to join the Navy and later get a spot in Esdeath's squad.

He beat Syura in hand to hand combat, and Syura had trained hand to hand all over the world. Even Esdeath said his condition/strength was near perfect.

I really doubt that Esdeath would have him on her squad if he wasn't good. So I have to disagree with you. The fight between Akame and Wave should have been more even. The only thing that particular chapter achieved was making Akame look overpowered (which is always dull in any Anime) and will now lead to Wave using two Teigus which is blah.

I get that Akame is one of the mains and needs to be strong etc, but that chapter was a bit too orientated on making her look powerful. We all already knew she was.
Sep 29, 2015 1:51 AM

Dec 2013
hoopla123 said:
Please please please god dammit don't kill wave.

please please please make him turn into a rebel or atleast the guy who settles between both sides please please

and if mine dies in the end i'm going down with her due to dehydration from my tears.

also, akame is hot
Sep 29, 2015 4:22 AM
Sep 2015
MilviBritannia said:
Shangetsu said:

Wave managed to fight 3 of NR at once in the earlier chapters where they all praised his strength. He was also trained by an Imperial of some fairly decent station which led him to join the Navy and later get a spot in Esdeath's squad.

He beat Syura in hand to hand combat, and Syura had trained hand to hand all over the world. Even Esdeath said his condition/strength was near perfect.

I really doubt that Esdeath would have him on her squad if he wasn't good. So I have to disagree with you. The fight between Akame and Wave should have been more even. The only thing that particular chapter achieved was making Akame look overpowered (which is always dull in any Anime) and will now lead to Wave using two Teigus which is blah.

I get that Akame is one of the mains and needs to be strong etc, but that chapter was a bit too orientated on making her look powerful. We all already knew she was.

Tbh in terms of raw power Wave is far above Akame but like Esdeath said he has a weak mind and Akame used that against Wave as Wave was attacking blindly instead of using Stradgey and Akame straight up said if Wave even got one hit on her it would be fatal
Sep 29, 2015 6:28 AM

May 2014
manbot95 said:
Tbh in terms of raw power Wave is far above Akame but like Esdeath said he has a weak mind and Akame used that against Wave as Wave was attacking blindly instead of using Stradgey and Akame straight up said if Wave even got one hit on her it would be fatal

Well he did land a clean shot when they were trying to infiltrate the capital and that didn't seem to do much other than phase Akame for a second.

Yes she played with his head however, that was after she already had an upper hand.
Sep 29, 2015 6:29 AM

Oct 2011
MilviBritannia said:

The thing is, we've never seen a serious fight with Akame before Wave's, like an opponent who can stand against her toe to toe(not including Esdeath and Budou because they're clearly above her)every single opponent of her dies in the next panel as soon as she get serious, so it's very hard to see how strong Akame actually is.

Wave is another one who barely had any chance to show his true potential, he always get toss out in the start of a battle and the only thing he achieved was beating Syura, now as much as Syura was praised to have trained in the entire world, his character was so blant it wasn't even funny, aside from being cocky what else we've got from him, absolutely nothing, it's like the author gave up on and just decided to kill him, so I'm not even sure if the guy was actually strong probably a little bit stronger than Leone and that's it.

I understand what you're saying, but because we're talking about Akame here it's really hard to see if it was actually bullshit or not, hell she might even be the closest one to Esdeath since the author is always mentioning how strong/dangerous Akame is.

Also, because we don't know anything about Wave's past aside from what you already said and got a lot of Akame's on Zero manga it really is hard to see if Wave is even close to her.
It looks like Takahiro will finally focus on Wave from now on so I guess we just gotta wait for the best.

I think Wave's power-up is going to be something similar to Tatsumi's, since Incursio is Grand Chariot's prototype it would only make sense for it's buff to be similar and even better.
-ZET-Sep 29, 2015 6:32 AM
Sep 29, 2015 7:53 AM

May 2014
-ZET- said:
The thing is, we've never seen a serious fight with Akame before Wave's, like an opponent who can stand against her toe to toe(not including Esdeath and Budou because they're clearly above her)every single opponent of her dies in the next panel as soon as she get serious, so it's very hard to see how strong Akame actually is.

Wave is another one who barely had any chance to show his true potential, he always get toss out in the start of a battle and the only thing he achieved was beating Syura, now as much as Syura was praised to have trained in the entire world, his character was so blant it wasn't even funny, aside from being cocky what else we've got from him, absolutely nothing, it's like the author gave up on and just decided to kill him, so I'm not even sure if the guy was actually strong probably a little bit stronger than Leone and that's it.

I understand what you're saying, but because we're talking about Akame here it's really hard to see if it was actually bullshit or not, hell she might even be the closest one to Esdeath since the author is always mentioning how strong/dangerous Akame is.

Also, because we don't know anything about Wave's past aside from what you already said and got a lot of Akame's on Zero manga it really is hard to see if Wave is even close to her.
It looks like Takahiro will finally focus on Wave from now on so I guess we just gotta wait for the best.

I think Wave's power-up is going to be something similar to Tatsumi's, since Incursio is Grand Chariot's prototype it would only make sense for it's buff to be similar and even better.

Yeah you're right Wave probably hasn't received the attention he deserves in the Manga imo and yes we don't know the extent of his training or strength but we do get an occasional sliver here and there. Like I said I doubt Esdeath would praise him if he wasn't up to snuff. The 3 NR members referred to him as a force of nature I think...or something in that ball park.

I don't actually think that he is stronger than Akame, as you pointed out probably only 2 or 3 characters are (I'd argue the evolved incursio Tatsumi trumps her along with Esdeath and Budou). I just really dislike the idea of 2 teigu on Wave and would have preferred the author made that fight closer so as to avoid a need for that kind of power up. More training, an evolution of Grand Chariot, fine but another teigu...? I just don't see it.

Still this is not the end of the world. Who knows maybe they come up with something really cool...but I wont hold my breath. Oh and before anyone comes to call me a Wave fanboy, you re probably right, however I prefer Tatsumi and Mine to him...and he's tied with Bulat for 3rd place x)
Sep 29, 2015 8:00 AM

Jan 2015
-ZET- said:
MilviBritannia said:

Akame is mentioning as dangerous only thanks to Murasame (again in this scan), not her strenght. This teigu and the fact she's not dumb by thinking during the fights = decent opponent.
The one who is closest to Esdeath level is clearly Tatsumi since he got his power up. It's shown and proved during Coliseum arc, and even during the beginning of this final arc against Cosmina, where Akame was incapable to fight her because Murasame was ineffective, and left Tatsumi take care of Cosmina because he was the only one to be able to kill her in NR.

Akame is not overpowered ( I believe there won't be an incoherent power-up like in anime), She just fights weak, low-minded (Wave) or stupid and arrogant opponents who don't care of Murasame.

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | watch anime online
Sep 29, 2015 10:44 AM

May 2014
I felt really bad for Akame Kurome and Wave here..

Also is it just me or is it just painful to see Ran being used by Kurome? I always get reminded of his death.. Sigh

the art was awesome, Akame was beast, and the set-up was good.

BTW reading this chapter with this on is awesome
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-w8GK4BugOw

Sep 29, 2015 2:32 PM
Sep 2015
MilviBritannia said:
manbot95 said:

Well he did land a clean shot when they were trying to infiltrate the capital and that didn't seem to do much other than phase Akame for a second.

Yes she played with his head however, that was after she already had an upper hand.

Here is a direct manga qutoe "on the flip side, Akame...Knew that a single blow taken would end in a disastrous outcome."
Sep 30, 2015 5:05 AM

May 2014
manbot95 said:
Here is a direct manga qutoe "on the flip side, Akame...Knew that a single blow taken would end in a disastrous outcome."

Yeah thats great and all but it already happened, and you can check (since I am not sure I can put links here) Chapter 41 page 18 where he lands a clean shot on her. She goes flying and all but is back a few slides later with minor bruises. So the outcome wasn't that disastrous I guess.

toncue12 said:
Akame is mentioning as dangerous only thanks to Murasame (again in this scan), not her strenght. This teigu and the fact she's not dumb by thinking during the fights = decent opponent.
The one who is closest to Esdeath level is clearly Tatsumi since he got his power up. It's shown and proved during Coliseum arc, and even during the beginning of this final arc against Cosmina, where Akame was incapable to fight her because Murasame was ineffective, and left Tatsumi take care of Cosmina because he was the only one to be able to kill her in NR.

Akame is not overpowered ( I believe there won't be an incoherent power-up like in anime), She just fights weak, low-minded (Wave) or stupid and arrogant opponents who don't care of Murasame.

You mean the same weak Wave who fought Akame, Mine and Lubbock 1v3? :P I'll grant you he's easily distracted on an emotional level but Wave is far from weak.
MilviBritanniaSep 30, 2015 5:12 AM
Sep 30, 2015 6:46 AM

Jan 2015
MilviBritannia said:
manbot95 said:

Yeah thats great and all but it already happened, and you can check (since I am not sure I can put links here) Chapter 41 page 18 where he lands a clean shot on her. She goes flying and all but is back a few slides later with minor bruises. So the outcome wasn't that disastrous I guess.

toncue12 said:

You mean the same weak Wave who fought Akame, Mine and Lubbock 1v3? :P I'll grant you he's easily distracted on an emotional level but Wave is far from weak.

I don't classify him in "weak", but in "low-minded". Sure, Wave is strong.

Sep 30, 2015 7:16 AM

Oct 2011
toncue12 said:

I don't think Akame is only dangerous because of Murasame, we all saw how easily Esdeath handled that by only putting a piece of ice in front of the blade, sure Tatsumi is stronger than Akame right now and he'll probably be the one to face Esdeath still if it's that easy for Esdeath to handle Akame who previously was the biggest threat in NR then we're all doomed, since I don't think Tatsumi can solo Esdeath, sure he landed a blow in her but that was because she wasn't takng him serious, next time it won't happen that easily.

IMO, thinking that Murasame is all that Akame has is the same way that everyone thought Wave was going to easily handle Akame in their fight because Grand Chariot > Murasame, everyone just puts Teigus in mind when talking to battles but in reality there's a lot more things to consider here, not to mention the fact that we still haven't seen Akame's trump card.

Also I just remembered, the author already made 2 events to clearly show that Akame DOESN'T RELY on Murasame, the battle against Dorothea's puppets and now the battle against Wave, she uses more than just the teigu.

I'm not sure about it but in almost ALL of Akame's fight the author always show her nalyzes during the fights and I don't think he does that to other characters except maybe Esdeath and Tatsumi, it does look like he gives more attention to Akame which is why I can't help but think there's something special about her.

And she wasn't incapable to fight Cosmina because of Murasame being unaffected but Izou just a appeared in front of her at the time and later the Dorotheas puppets, if she was left to fight Cosmina it would be similar to what she did to Wave I guess.
Sep 30, 2015 7:27 AM
Sep 2015
MilviBritannia said:

Well you see when it comes to Akame, one has a better chance of defeating her when she fights with others. That way she technically didn't fail, the team failed. In a one on one fight, Akame isn't getting so much as a scratch until the final fight with Esdeath... and that's a maybe.

This is why I don't see how anybody can be excited for Akame vs Kurome. If they fight one on one, uninterrupted, this fight is not to be competitive.
Sep 30, 2015 7:37 AM
Oct 2010
WhiteWolfEyes21 said:
This is why I don't see how anybody can be excited for Akame vs Kurome. If they fight one on one, uninterrupted, this fight is not to be competitive.

I hope you didn't underestimate kurome here.
Sep 30, 2015 7:46 AM

May 2014
Thrall said:
WhiteWolfEyes21 said:

I have to agree with him though. Not that I want Akame vs Kurome to be a let down but the build up regarding Akame's strength and abilities makes people believe that she will roflstomp Kurome. I mean Kurome and the assassins got held off by a couple of Night Raid members whilst Akame solo'd the other part of the assassin unit without breaking a sweat.

I like Akame, I always have but I still don't like the stroking of her ego and her current state where she comes across as much stronger than the opposition (except Esdeath). Stuff like this is the reason I dropped Fairy Tail....watching Natsu wreck enemies 5 times his power with one punch was just too much.
Sep 30, 2015 7:47 AM
Sep 2015
Thrall said:
WhiteWolfEyes21 said:

Oh, I'd LOVE to be wrong.
Sep 30, 2015 7:58 AM
Oct 2010
MilviBritannia said:
I have to agree with him though. Not that I want Akame vs Kurome to be a let down but the build up regarding Akame's strength and abilities makes people believe that she will roflstomp Kurome.

Seems to me you like to forget the fact she fought equally with the whole night raid. yes, chelsea's attack weakened her drastically, but let's just wait with this "roflstomp" bullshit.
Sep 30, 2015 8:15 AM

May 2014
Thrall said:
MilviBritannia said:
I have to agree with him though. Not that I want Akame vs Kurome to be a let down but the build up regarding Akame's strength and abilities makes people believe that she will roflstomp Kurome.

Seems to me you like to forget the fact she fought equally with the whole night raid. yes, chelsea's attack weakened her drastically, but let's just wait with this "roflstomp" bullshit.

First of all why are you mad? I'm just saying what I think. Secondly, if you are referring to when she summoned her puppets, that wasn't really her vs NR. it was her summoning puppets to fight night raid which mainly got wrecked. All she did was take a shot at Leone when she wasn't really looking.

I doubt Akame would give her a chance to summon puppets if she were serious anyway. This 1v1 should be nothing but a sword fight which, with the way things stand now, I can't really see Akame losing. But then the author has the ability to surprise so who knows? ^^
MilviBritanniaSep 30, 2015 8:20 AM
Sep 30, 2015 8:35 AM

Jul 2008
Akame was still one of the empire's top assassin before she even got Murasame. If we remove any Teigu power and judge character on combat skill alone I wouldn't be surprised if Akame was at the very top.

I still stand on my point that it was normal for Akame to beat the fuck out of Wave
Sep 30, 2015 8:39 AM

May 2014
Shangetsu said:
Akame was still one of the empire's top assassin before she even got Murasame. If we remove any Teigu power and judge character on combat skill alone I wouldn't be surprised if Akame was at the very top.

I still stand on my point that it was normal for Akame to beat the fuck out of Wave

Without Teigu's maybe but not in the current state of things. If Esdeath could block her attacks with ice, she certainly shouldn't be able to cut through Grand Chariot that easily. That fight should never have been so one sided.
Sep 30, 2015 9:42 AM

Jan 2015
-ZET- said:
toncue12 said:

I don't think Akame is only dangerous because of Murasame, we all saw how easily Esdeath handled that by only putting a piece of ice in front of the blade, sure Tatsumi is stronger than Akame right now and he'll probably be the one to face Esdeath still if it's that easy for Esdeath to handle Akame who previously was the biggest threat in NR then we're all doomed, since I don't think Tatsumi can solo Esdeath, sure he landed a blow in her but that was because she wasn't takng him serious, next time it won't happen that easily.

IMO, thinking that Murasame is all that Akame has is the same way that everyone thought Wave was going to easily handle Akame in their fight because Grand Chariot > Murasame, everyone just puts Teigus in mind when talking to battles but in reality there's a lot more things to consider here, not to mention the fact that we still haven't seen Akame's trump card.

Also I just remembered, the author already made 2 events to clearly show that Akame DOESN'T RELY on Murasame, the battle against Dorothea's puppets and now the battle against Wave, she uses more than just the teigu.

I'm not sure about it but in almost ALL of Akame's fight the author always show her nalyzes during the fights and I don't think he does that to other characters except maybe Esdeath and Tatsumi, it does look like he gives more attention to Akame which is why I can't help but think there's something special about her.

And she wasn't incapable to fight Cosmina because of Murasame being unaffected but Izou just a appeared in front of her at the time and later the Dorotheas puppets, if she was left to fight Cosmina it would be similar to what she did to Wave I guess.

I've never said there was only her teigu. However, the only other thing to be considered with her is, as I said : "she's not dumb by thinking during the fights". She has no more capacities or tools. It was always like that.

I've never said Tatsumi will be solo against Esdeath. He has absolutely no chance to win.... Esdeath is as Madara in AgK. Nobody can overcome her alone. And there isn't a Hashirama here. And if we stay on a "déjà vu" shonen ideology like "the protagonist defeats the antagonist because that's the way it is", it will be disappointing... a poor-writing demonstration in 2015. It's cheesy, isn't it?

You quote 2 events which show that Akame doesn't only rely on Murasame, but in the same way, we can quote many more events which prove the opposite since the beggining.

Sep 30, 2015 12:48 PM

Oct 2014
toncue12 said:

I've never said Tatsumi will be solo against Esdeath. He has absolutely no chance to win.... Esdeath is as Madara in AgK. Nobody can overcome her alone.

Potential Naruto spoilers

Mod Edit: Added spoiler tags; please hide plot details, especially with another series.
ShockedDec 7, 2015 2:01 PM
Sep 30, 2015 1:40 PM

Jan 2015
Exayda said:
toncue12 said:

I've never said Tatsumi will be solo against Esdeath. He has absolutely no chance to win.... Esdeath is as Madara in AgK. Nobody can overcome her alone.

Naruto spoilers

Mod Edit: Added spoiler tags; please hide plot details, especially with another series.
ShockedDec 7, 2015 2:03 PM

Sep 30, 2015 10:20 PM

Aug 2014
cklemar said:
When is Mine coming back????!!!! :'( again.... Akame bad ass as ever.....

Probably by the ending of the manga. Damn I wish she came back sooner.
Oct 1, 2015 12:59 AM

May 2014
DarK-LaW said:
cklemar said:

Mine is love, Mine is life! hope she will be back soon :)

toncue12 said:
Exayda said:

Naruto spoilers

Naruto spoilers

Back to AkG and the idea of Tatsumi vs Esdeath, frankly we don't actually know the extent of either of their powers. Tatsumi's tyrant transformation is largely unexplored and may be far more powerful than we know if he goes berserk but then Esdeath seems to have a new trump card so we can't say for sure. I don't think he will be the one to kill her though because despite their differences he still seems to have a soft spot for her and finds it difficult to fight her all out, except in the event in which she would be the verge of killing someone dear to him, imo.

ShockedDec 7, 2015 2:04 PM
Oct 5, 2015 11:01 AM
Oct 2015
Everyone seems to forget that Suzuka is also still around. For a non teigu user a good accomplishment. She is still around long after her original team was wiped out, we have seen the entire demise of wild hunt and half of the original Jeagers have also kicked the bucket. And as an added accomplishment surviving the wrath of Esdeath while trying to rape Tatsumi..

For normal canon fodder she is doing well and she might have her own boost after learned some alchemy from Dorothea..

The writer would not have kept her alive without having some larger plans
Oct 5, 2015 1:25 PM

Jul 2013
Jvd2000 said:
Everyone seems to forget that Suzuka is also still around. For a non teigu user a good accomplishment. She is still around long after her original team was wiped out, we have seen the entire demise of wild hunt and half of the original Jeagers have also kicked the bucket. And as an added accomplishment surviving the wrath of Esdeath while trying to rape Tatsumi..

For normal canon fodder she is doing well and she might have her own boost after learned some alchemy from Dorothea..

The writer would not have kept her alive without having some larger plans

She would be the oponent of Leone in the final arc. At least that is what I believe.
Oct 5, 2015 1:39 PM

Apr 2008
DarK-LaW said:
cklemar said:

Hope she comes back never
Oct 9, 2015 11:21 AM

Jul 2013
Probably nobody cares about what I was to post, but with the release of volume 3 in USA, it was revealed that Takahiro actually do the backstory of the Three Beasts:

It's a bit irrelevant, but it makes me curious why Takahiro gave a backstory to characters whose only function in the story was to kill Bulat.
Oct 10, 2015 8:41 AM

Jul 2008
Akame has gone ballistic mode :P Please don't tell me Kurome's end is near :(
Oct 12, 2015 1:08 PM
Oct 2015
Darklight0303 said:
DarK-LaW said:

Hope she comes back never

Me too. I was pretty disappointed they started "dating". The earlier chapters made it look like akame was gonna be the one for him.
Oct 12, 2015 8:38 PM
Jun 2013
This manga has turned into a parody of itself.
Oct 13, 2015 4:03 AM

Apr 2008
Vox_Populi said:
This manga has turned into a parody of itself.

It's been that way every since Justice got killed by Mine
Oct 13, 2015 4:46 AM
Mar 2015
What do people want from her? Yeah akame dwarfs wave in skill and power she been a solider since she was 7 and then she clearly born with the same natural killer instinct as esdeath. Akame clearly more skilled and agile as well as experienced so she knew ho to take down an opponent like wave, whos greatest stat is raw strength , which is very common in most manga this one included. Is it an asspull whenever someone is fighting someone else with more physical strength I thing we have seen that with lubo, tatsumi,mine, etc. and they all came out on top, none with the natural talent and skill of akame

Yes Akame and kurome battle will be the same as the anime no surprise nothing can be done about it

Wave hasn been focused on because this manga has way to many characters, and its for the best if he had an arc by now he would be dead like ran.The key to getting strong in anime is facing opponent stronger then you frequently, he can't do that if he is working with the bad guys on a team with demigoddess esdeath. So yeah everyone in nightraid improves yet he is still the same. Wave is not joining nightraid, so all we can hope is that the power up doesn't kill him when he overexerts himself. I would like to hope he survives but he would be all alone, and like akame said nothing will change until the prime minister is dead
Oct 13, 2015 8:55 AM
Sep 2015
Akame dwarfs wave is skill obviously..but raw power is all wave's...:is real problem is his low mental prowess,hhe gets too distracted and unnerved easily...hell that was what akame went for,that's why she beat him that easily,he went into a panic.....when she DIDN'T do that,he easily handled her and 2 other NR members at once....though I would have preffered he evolved his teigu,but having two teigu's sounds sweet...akame's rage was cute too....kurome better have some strong zombies to use
Oct 13, 2015 9:08 AM
Mar 2015
David_Nwachukwu said:
Akame dwarfs wave is skill obviously..but raw power is all wave's...:is real problem is his low mental prowess,hhe gets too distracted and unnerved easily...hell that was what akame went for,that's why she beat him that easily,he went into a panic.....when she DIDN'T do that,he easily handled her and 2 other NR members at once....though I would have preffered he evolved his teigu,but having two teigu's sounds sweet...akame's rage was cute too....kurome better have some strong zombies to use

But raw power..... its JSUT so common and usually its the one who has it you root against
Ogre had more raw power then tatsumi
Seiyu had more raw power then mine

Raw power never comes out on top unless this fairy tail
Skill and determination is what wins ( akame get bonus PT for experience, and its not as if she weak either)
Oct 13, 2015 1:55 PM
Sep 2015
trump54 said:
David_Nwachukwu said:

But raw power..... its JSUT so common and usually its the one who has it you root against

Skill and determination is what wins ( akame get bonus PT for experience, and its not as if she weak either)

Hey I am not taking anything from akame,she indeed has the skill advantage..but wave has both the power,defensive and even offensive advantage,as one or (at most) 2 hits will be the end of the fight here....in order to breach his armour it needs to be struck at the same point multiple times(less when attacked behind the kneecap,but that's almost an impossible hit)...doing that to a composed wave is no easy feat
Compare wave vs akame,lubbock and mine where he was composed and pissed off,he was able to overpower them,despite having to look out for mine's shots and even seeing through lubbock's wire traps...then compare wave vs akame where his mental weakness was preyed on and the difference is clear.
Imho I'd put a composed wave over akame without revealing her trump card as we don't know what it does and wave dosent appear to have one,otherwise he would have at least hinted it..heck flight may even be the trump card
As for the mine comparison,her teigu increases power based on danger and her feelings..see her fight against budo and esdeath,its power was off the charts.
Wave is probably gonna accept having 2 teigus and is about to train with esdeath..he aint no joke
Oct 13, 2015 3:26 PM
Sep 2015
David_Nwachukwu said:
trump54 said:

Hey I am not taking anything from akame,she indeed has the skill advantage..but wave has both the power,defensive and even offensive advantage,as one or (at most) 2 hits will be the end of the fight here....in order to breach his armour it needs to be struck at the same point multiple times(less when attacked behind the kneecap,but that's almost an impossible hit)...doing that to a composed wave is no easy feat
Compare wave vs akame,lubbock and mine where he was composed and pissed off,he was able to overpower them,despite having to look out for mine's shots and even seeing through lubbock's wire traps...then compare wave vs akame where his mental weakness was preyed on and the difference is clear.
Imho I'd put a composed wave over akame without revealing her trump card as we don't know what it does and wave dosent appear to have one,otherwise he would have at least hinted it..heck flight may even be the trump card
As for the mine comparison,her teigu increases power based on danger and her feelings..see her fight against budo and esdeath,its power was off the charts.
Wave is probably gonna accept having 2 teigus and is about to train with esdeath..he aint no joke

I agree with you ,in terms of power and strength I would place Wave above even Bulat and su(pre trump card) becuase Esdeath even said to Wave that he is not weak and this is Esdeath who considers very few not weak. Even Akame said if Wave even got 1 hit it would be all over for her.
Oct 13, 2015 4:07 PM

Apr 2014
Annnnd Wave gets to wield two Teigus now! Wow! Absolutely fantastic.
Oct 14, 2015 6:50 AM
Sep 2015
Don't get too carried away though..in this manga anything could happen
Oct 14, 2015 12:54 PM

Aug 2008
I'm starting to dislike where this story is going, once Tatsumi dies I'm rating this manga a 1. You give him all this story development just to give him death flags, Akame is literally the only one I see walking away from the final confrontation.
Oct 14, 2015 1:11 PM

Apr 2008
kenzhou4 said:
I'm starting to dislike where this story is going, once Tatsumi dies I'm rating this manga a 1. You give him all this story development just to give him death flags, Akame is literally the only one I see walking away from the final confrontation.

I'll do the opposite. Tatsumi has been such a disappointment. Akame being the sole survivor is the best ending
Oct 14, 2015 2:07 PM

Jul 2013
Darklight0303 said:
kenzhou4 said:

I'll do the opposite. Tatsumi has been such a disappointment. Wave being the sole survivor is the best ending

Fixed.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Should Akame ga Kill! get an anime reboot? ( 1 2 )

jeff_1 - Jan 12, 2017

68 by 01Corvette »»
Jan 13, 10:01 PM

Poll: » Akame ga Kill! Chapter 80 Discussion (Volume 8, Extra)

Mana - Feb 24, 2017

6 by yKija »»
Dec 24, 2023 10:17 AM

» Manga compared to the anime

Pizzakiller23 - Sep 12, 2023

5 by Ri-iel »»
Sep 12, 2023 4:42 PM

Poll: » Akame ga Kill! Chapter 4 Discussion

notsureifsrs - May 8, 2012

7 by JavanyXD »»
Jun 9, 2023 5:30 PM

Poll: » Akame ga Kill! Chapter 70 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Junchi - Apr 20, 2016

71 by vclouted »»
Apr 25, 2023 6:57 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.