Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 2 [3]
Sep 23, 2015 3:45 AM
Aug 2015
Why is Hajime so perfect? She is literally Jesus. I want to marry her.
Sep 23, 2015 1:22 PM

May 2013
I'm glad you guys don't forget these kind of details like Katze being able to shapeshift into people he's kissed. Insight has been bittersweet for me, but it seems the final twist is gonna make it all worth it.

PRQ said:
Why is Hajime so perfect? She is literally Jesus. I want to marry her.

Hope she also revives in three days. lol
Sep 23, 2015 2:55 PM

Jun 2014
StardustReverie said:
Fucking hajime getting more and more mary sue by the moment.
She was always one but it's basically cemented now that she can do no wrong...

I doubt Hajime can be considered as a flawless or a self-insert type of character. But it's true that she gets on with everyone and doesn't really develop all that much as a character due to her unemotional and impersonal nature.

As for doing no wrong. I think some people will criticize how slow acting she is and the fact that she would have let Rui die.
I get where you're coming from though. It'd be interesting to see her make a really dumb move and f*ck up real bad. I'd like to see what kind of a reaction we'd get... maybe an emotional Hajime or an uber detached one.
Sep 25, 2015 2:01 PM

Aug 2014
since hajime is the one injured so she can utilize katze's powers?

I cant wait to see how things are going to end.
Sep 28, 2015 1:10 AM

Jul 2008
Hajime you brilliant genius of a fool. How did they pull this one off I wonder.
Oct 2, 2015 3:14 PM

May 2012
It's getting pretty good again as expected! Let's see what the last episode will offer us!
Dec 3, 2015 7:11 PM
Ceasefire NOW

Aug 2009
=_= I think they went overboard. Idk what Sugane was thinking.
Jan 6, 2016 3:28 PM

Apr 2014
i sometimes wonder if ppl even watched the first season

THIS IS WHAT GATCHAMAN CROWD IS ALL ABOUT
Jan 22, 2016 11:36 PM

Jun 2011
Max said:
trannon1 said:
It is true that it would take more than 12 episodes to try and define something like this, but how many animes try to tackle issues like this in the first place?

In my experience, about every third anime? It's not that uncommon. I care about how much a story succeeds rather than what it tackles, which is why this doesn't appeal to me. Different strokes for different folks.
Hoshino_Maria said:
I agree with most of the criticism calling this show stupid. Because, well, it IS stupid and ridiculous. It has some very nice ideas, but the way these ideas are presented is just, well, mind boggling.

Still, I don't hate this show because of that, I think Gatcha is a show that aims at children, combining the good old hero show with a bit of social problem, so the idiocy in it can somehow be tolerated.
This is exactly the problem with the show, a series with great premise and idea, but sucked at its presentation.
CG said:
Takuan_Soho said:
For those who think the plot was "ridiculous". Just because you don't get it, doesn't mean that it is far fetched or lacking. The plot has been extremely consistent for two cours now, it just has gone over your head.
"Don't get it?" Yeah, right. So you're telling me that allowing anyone, regardless of their background and origins, to run for the highest governmental post and people accepting it just like that is anything realistic, huh? People, or atmosphere aren't nearly as uniform and one-dimentional as the show presents. The whole setup is very, VERY sketchy at best, with many elements excluded or simplified or exaggerated, and a far cry of reality. Basically, the thing is very faulty, and simply put, the show tried to bite more that it could chew because the concept is way too complex for 12 episodes, especially with their way of building things up. So would you please try not to sound so damn high browed, claiming that the dislike others have for the show is solely due to them "not getting" what the creators tried to show?
He put it in the best way possible in the bolded. The idea was good, and if the show had more episodes to allow them to properly explain the characters, more so Tsubasa and Gel-chan, then they wouldn't feel so much like the plot devices the series needed.

The execution of the story was way simplified/exaggerated. One moment it was "Oh, we have the option of letting Gel-chan decides it all?", and the next we have "Let us all do it", without much doubt. I know the show was trying to reinforce the idea, but how about slowly building it toward the idea of "humans are mindless apes", instead of just getting straight to the point? We have had 3 episodes dedicated to Tsubasa, Gel-chan, and Kuu helping the people out, was that much necessary?

Said it, and will do so again. Gatchaman Crowds is a show with great premise and ideas, but lacking in execution of the ideas due to limited time frame.

Also, a few fanatics of this series can be quite.. rude.
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Nov 13, 2016 7:20 AM

Dec 2010
Hajime still best character.
Nov 27, 2016 4:55 PM

Apr 2016
I cried a for a bit during Tsubasa's speech about Hajime
Jan 8, 2017 6:37 PM

Dec 2012
That's our Hajime.

LMAO at DD finally meeting OD. Shitting his pants.
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
Sep 21, 2017 4:02 PM

Jan 2014
Okay guys, when I said Hajime was our lord and savior I meant that as a joke. She literally sacrificed herself. I cri.

Three things cannot be long hidden..
...the s u n, the m oo n, and the tr u th.

Aug 24, 2019 8:18 AM

Jul 2013
Oi oi oi what the actual fuck? I don't even have any legitimate comments for this episode right now because I just want to watch the next episode immediately after some confusing turn of events. I need fucking answers!
Nov 9, 2020 9:45 AM

Aug 2017
Some reused footage in the beginning again, oh well. Pretty minor.

Parts of Hajime's Gatchaman form look like ducks...

Katze's random English words give me life.

"Tachikawa is in the calm before the storm" - nice comment given Gel's abilities :p

Sugane and Joe landed just like in the OP :3 And that statue with birds...I remember seeing it before.

There're so many funny rhymes in the ability names, I just can't.

That camera in the park back from ep.7!

Hajime please don't die ;_; "Trade-off" episode, lol.
no i got a theory that i think is canon. hajime took out katse who was hajime's soul, and then katse kissed gelsadra and took his apperance and ablitties. and the gatchaman killed katse disgusted as gelsadra, which in return killed hajime.

Either that, or Hajime can use Katze's powers directly.

P.S. Realizing that everybody Gatcha'd before delivering Hajime that serious blow makes me sad ;_;

P.P.S. Seems like destroying Kuu-samas was safe for the potential people inside them.
St0rmbladeNov 9, 2020 10:02 AM
Pages (2) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Gatchaman Crowds Insight Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 26, 2015

89 by BigBoyAdvance »»
Mar 8, 2:15 PM

» Rui dressing as a girl.

broodo - Aug 31, 2015

10 by BigBoyAdvance »»
Mar 8, 2:12 PM

» Is Ichinose Hajime a psychopath?

trannon1 - Sep 6, 2015

7 by Ochimusha »»
Sep 12, 2023 10:46 PM

» Tsubasa existing Ruined This show

abyss333 - Aug 4, 2015

35 by LawsonTanner »»
Aug 12, 2023 9:45 AM

Poll: » Gatchaman Crowds Insight Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 15, 2015

100 by Sirius__ »»
Apr 22, 2023 11:46 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.