Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums

Senki Zesshou Symphogear GX: Believe in Justice and Hold a Determination to Fist. Episode 12 Discussion

New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 19, 2015 9:24 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Pfft, the doctor survived. Not surprising I guess...

The episode had a lot of ominous buildup in the first half until Maria managed to get the fighting spirit going again. Great action. Tons of cinematic scenes and fighting along with a fitting soundtrack. Those transformations at the end with the wings. Very nice! Now I can't wait for the finale.

Stark700Sep 19, 2015 4:36 PM
Sep 19, 2015 2:26 PM

Sep 2009
As always, end the season with X-Drive. Hoping for another great song for the final episode.
Sep 19, 2015 3:16 PM

Feb 2014
Yay they became angel's again for a season finale! :D

But my goodness, that episode was a mess. Fine comes in randomly, but she's defeated without too much difficulty. Dr. Ver randomly decides to betray Carol just to screw up her plan. The Chateau de Tiffauges is destroyed more quickly than I would think. But lots of explosions, singing, and yelling and that's what symphogear is all about! Can't wait for next episode!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 19, 2015 3:49 PM

Mar 2008
That was just over the top and awesome.

You know Symphogear will bring it in the last episodes of a season and they are doing it once again. Just everything was crazy but immensely entertaining.

Guess Ver managed to become a technical hero in the end (though certainly one of the bloodiest). Plus probably passed on his Linker data to Maria before kicking the bucket.
Noodle070 said:
Yay they became angel's again for a season finale! :D

But my goodness, that episode was a mess. Fine comes in randomly, but she's defeated without too much difficulty. Dr. Ver randomly decides to betray Carol just to screw up her plan. The Chateau de Tiffauges is destroyed more quickly than I would think. But lots of explosions, singing, and yelling and that's what symphogear is all about! Can't wait for next episode!

Wait what? Fine was only in the episode via flashback. Unless you are talking about the Chateau defense system, but that wasn't defeated easily at all.

And I don't think it was random at all for Ver to betray Carol. She tried to murder him! Generally speaking, when people try to murder you that is a good tip to reconsider your loyalties. Not that he had any in the first place. Ver is loyal to himself and the dream of becoming a hero.
Sep 19, 2015 4:32 PM

Mar 2011
God, this episode was awesome, I loved the song of Shirabe-Kirika-Maria
I felt kinda sorry for Ver though, he was just mad and wanted to save the world.. yeah.... by destroying it in the previous season.
So we can guess Carol might go berserker in the next episode by burning all her memories, and probably Elfnein will give to Carol her memories before die (i've had this feeling of probably Elfnein dying in the end, I don't want that, but it's a possibility)
Next episode will come with a great song and fight, I hope that.
I really love this version of the equipment of Maria, is very elegant and badass
Sep 19, 2015 5:06 PM

Oct 2013
Symphogear is all about awesome OST, Battles and Emotional Issues.
__
It isn't Symphogear without the X-Drive at the end of the season.
It wasn't such a mess, that was't really Finé; Carol's Castle had a defense system, that Phantom was using the memories of Maria to counter-attack her.
__
Dr. Ver took his beloved "Heroic Death"
But does anyone really dies here?
__
Still waiting for Kanade to appear on #13 to deliver the finishing blow to Carol.
Carol will end up in the good side, and another new guy wielding Ancient Artifacts from the Gate of babylon will show up for S4.
Sep 20, 2015 1:27 AM

May 2014
DUBBURU BAKKEN!?!?!?!
Symphogears are powered by love!?!
DR VER YOU GLORIOUS BASTARD!! ;__;

Wrongpriest.exe has stopped responding.

Dubburubakken/10
Sep 20, 2015 1:50 AM

Apr 2012
Great episode!

Really enjoyed it.
"Fortress Maximus has come himself. Okay! Then I shall get Fortress Maximus to fight me, huh huh huh!"

Sep 20, 2015 4:35 AM
Sep 2013
Only one woord for this awesome episode.
Sep 20, 2015 4:39 AM

Jun 2014
Having just finished Nanoha StrikerS yesterday I can't help but compare the two series... I think Symphogear could really benefit from a long season for world/ character building. And also to give it a rest with the cheesy evil villains and do something different rather than end with Phonic Gain-Ex Drive every season.

But then again, it wouldn't be Symphogear. Mm. :/
Sep 20, 2015 4:57 AM
Sep 2013
ramenshoujo said:
Having just finished Nanoha StrikerS yesterday I can't help but compare the two series... I think Symphogear could really benefit from a long season for world/ character building. And also to give it a rest with the cheesy evil villains and do something different rather than end with Phonic Gain-Ex Drive every season.

Totally agreed with you.
Symphogear wouldn't be Symphogear if we couldn't just shut our brains and simply enjoy the hypes.
Sep 20, 2015 6:14 AM
Jun 2014
this episode was in 2 words, damn awesome!
cant wait for the final episode.
time go`s fast
Sep 20, 2015 6:25 AM

Apr 2012
Also; hearing the swan songs again sent a chill up my spine. I really loved that part.
"Fortress Maximus has come himself. Okay! Then I shall get Fortress Maximus to fight me, huh huh huh!"

Sep 20, 2015 7:10 AM

Sep 2008

Look at those hand positions. New ship confirmed!
ThespacepopeSep 20, 2015 7:14 AM
Sep 20, 2015 11:00 AM

Aug 2010
Liked the Ignite black modes a lot but surprisingly the white angel miracle modes look even better *_*
Sep 20, 2015 12:22 PM

Mar 2008
ramenshoujo said:

I think it is fair looking at both since there are similarities to be had. Although I think StrikerS in getting more episodes tried to do too much. They had more episodes, but added way more characters to the cast than GX did. I mean look at the almost lack of development for the Lightning squad from top to bottom.

Still, I'd be all for a season where they gave this show 2 cours to work with. You could spread out the character development a lot more smoothly with more episodes.

Although I don't mind abusing the X-Drives to end the season with. It's just too much fun to not work around those crazy modes. Though I suppose it would make the objective quality of the show improve.
Sep 20, 2015 12:36 PM

Jan 2008
Well, damn... Ver, you glorious bastard, you really DID save the world. You got your wish you crazy mofo.
Sep 20, 2015 6:03 PM

Oct 2012
Wow, Ver you are one glorious and insane hero XD
Also poor Elfnein, she must really be close to dying by now, and that's one interesting shape for a miracle

For a second there I was really confused when they said Double Drawn, I was like... "Wait, they can do that!?" and then I was like "Oh well, it's Symphogear XD"

Hoping for a super nice song in the finale episode~
"If I don't have to do it, I won't. If I have to do it, I'll make it quick."
- Oreki Houtarou
Sep 20, 2015 7:21 PM

Jan 2011
Well they did it They literally have ascended lol symphogear really likes to end on a bang even when it's not the finale!
Sep 20, 2015 9:19 PM
Apr 2014
Just doing what someone once did for this series:

Sep 20, 2015 11:47 PM
Apr 2014
Must say, very consistent design compared to the X-Drive mode from G, as opposed to the design from G compared to the original series. That's why I was kinda hoping for more a different design, but still loving it~~
Sep 21, 2015 3:11 PM

Jun 2013
damn that was epic those new modes are awesome
Sep 23, 2015 8:03 AM

Apr 2013
Mekin said:

Ah, the Symphogear tradition of getting new forms on final battle.
This is also my face after looking at all six.
Sep 23, 2015 10:31 AM

Aug 2013
that ED song is blessing for mah ears..
based Mizuki Nana HNNNGGG

anyway, good episode, that miracle form :D
Sep 30, 2015 2:55 PM

Feb 2015
Oh cool, swan songs and their 'angel' form... been wondering whether they would show an appearance in this season.

The next episode is going to be so good (hopefully).
Oct 3, 2015 6:59 PM

Feb 2013
2 trio songs (6) / 5

This is why I love Symphogear.

Now spanning my monitors:
BurntJellyOct 3, 2015 7:17 PM
Oct 5, 2015 1:10 AM

Oct 2008
what the F!!! they became angels!!!
Dr. Ver was the world's hero...The worst hero ever!
5/5.

Oct 11, 2015 12:35 AM

Jul 2009
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW!!

This is definitely the best episode in the series and probably made GX as my favorite season in the franchise!!

Who have thought they would fight Maria's original Symphogear :O

I really prefer Maria's cape and dark armor!

I thought Mom did survived, but she really died huh?

Dr Ver actually being a hero!?!?! Wow just wow!!! He was kinda annoying at first, but all he wanted is to become a hero. Guess he had some feelings with Maria???

RIP Dr Ver T___T

Of course they would survived. Reminded me S1's ending where Chris and Tsubasa survived the final attack from Fine.

Phonic Gain-Ex Drive. I was surprise they didn't gave them a new version of it??

Of course ending it with Mizuki Nana's Glorius Break is just amazing!!!

I was expecting Fine would be revived somehow, but i guess she passed away when she gave her life to Shirabe.

Poor Carol, you're gonna get owned in the next episode.

Final episode! Can't wait for the final one. T__T
Oct 11, 2015 5:45 PM

Jan 2013
A miracle did really happen. One final power upgrade.
Mar 21, 2016 12:20 PM

Nov 2013
DmonHiro said:
Well, damn... Ver, you glorious bastard, you really DID save the world. You got your wish you crazy mofo.

Yeah. He is a messed-up-in-the-head mass-murdering hero, but still a hero.
You're a louse, Roger Smith. - R. Dorothy Wayneright
This is my fight! No Senpai, this is our fight! - Kojou Akatsuki & Yukina Himeragi
Aug 7, 2016 12:35 PM

Sep 2013
Everyone fighting and overcoming their struggles and going full power at the end :)
Ver is finally a true hero by reversing the system with Carol :'(
F
Apr 15, 2017 10:31 AM

Jul 2013
Ver, you absolute madman, you truly ended being an hero after all ;_;
The new forms looks freaking cool.
Sep 28, 2017 8:58 AM

Apr 2014
Dr. Ver. A scientist Never really want the world to end... But What was that Shadow That Killed?>.. Why was it there?? and overall good fight.
Front Hooks...Oh yeah...
Aug 14, 2018 11:16 AM

May 2016
I love Yukine sooo much >/////////////////<
Aug 14, 2018 11:20 AM

May 2016
Mekin said:

My babies ;-;

I love them alll, it's soo nice too Symphogear getting love aswell.
Nov 8, 2018 1:07 PM

May 2016
Pfft, the doctor survived. Not surprising I guess...

The episode had a lot of ominous buildup in the first half until Maria managed to get the fighting spirit going again. Great action. Tons of cinematic scenes and fighting along with a fitting soundtrack. Those transformations at the end with the wings. Very nice! Now I can't wait for the finale.
May 10, 2019 6:53 PM

Jul 2016
NOOOOOOOOO. DOCTOR VERRRRRRR.
Rest in piece my sweet prince.
All you can hope for in your worldview is consistency
Dec 12, 2020 2:44 AM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
I have no idea what’s going on but I it’s pretty awesome I guess. Back to good old symphogear shit, much better than the atrocity I thought of the last couple episodes. No established power levels don’t even bother me when everything is this flashy; not the super over the top climax that symphogear G was though, they toned it down quite a few notches for GX. Idk, gimme a good final episode for this season, so I can watch some AVX and XV and get truly blown away

NYANPASU
5700XT

Jan 18, 2021 9:28 AM

Jun 2017
Those new X-Drive forms are really badass. The further this anime goes, the more it reminds me of Nanoha. These are very reminiscent of Nanoha's "Excelion Buster ACS Drive" (or whatever it was called) and her "Flier Fin" (the pink feathery wings) ...not to mention the other character's iterations. Love that kind of stuff.

So much of this anime, the artistic inspiration is very clearly Nanoha... which is a good thing. Nanoha has some wonderful artistic direction and concepts. I've loved this anime so far.

..also, Dr. Ver.. got to be the hero after all? HAHA, you've gotta be kidding me. That was ALMOST touching.
Alpha-MethylJan 19, 2021 9:04 AM
May 9, 2021 1:54 PM

Feb 2020
Dr. Ver got to be the hero, after all. RIP.

SerafosDec 28, 2023 7:55 AM
Jan 3, 2022 12:29 AM

Jul 2017
Damn, that was glorious!

I swear, Ver lowkey the real protagonist. Glad he got to be a hero in the end. I'm really gonna miss that beautiful bastard :'(

My girls really descended like angels at the end. Leave it to Symphogear for a finale looking this grand lol

Sep 15, 2023 6:10 PM

Nov 2010
I'm sure the doctor is still alive.
Of the new outfits, I like Chris & Tsubasa the most. Chris is so damn sexy in whatever she wears. Whenever I see her, I can only think of screwing her hard.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Senki Zesshou Symphogear GX: Believe in Justice and Hold a Determination to Fist. Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 25, 2015

68 by MizuhoKamui »»
Sep 15, 2023 7:02 PM

Poll: » Senki Zesshou Symphogear GX: Believe in Justice and Hold a Determination to Fist. Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 11, 2015

49 by MizuhoKamui »»
Sep 15, 2023 1:22 PM

Poll: » Senki Zesshou Symphogear GX: Believe in Justice and Hold a Determination to Fist. Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 4, 2015

25 by MizuhoKamui »»
Sep 15, 2023 12:39 PM

Poll: » Senki Zesshou Symphogear GX: Believe in Justice and Hold a Determination to Fist. Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 28, 2015

56 by MizuhoKamui »»
Sep 15, 2023 11:38 AM

Poll: » Senki Zesshou Symphogear GX: Believe in Justice and Hold a Determination to Fist. Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 21, 2015

39 by MizuhoKamui »»
Sep 15, 2023 9:53 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.