Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
School-Live!
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »
Sep 17, 2015 7:42 PM

Aug 2008
Yuki finally wake up. Megu nee..bye bye. Tears. Really hope we will get season 2.
But it's important to remember that a movie review is subjective;it only gives you one person's opinion.

http://www.classzone.com/books/lnetwork_gr08/page_build.cfm?content=analyz_media&ch=30

It doesn't matter if you like LoGH,Monster etc.If you are a jobless or college/school dropout living in your mom basement, you are still an unintelligent loser. Taste in anime does not make you a better person.If elitist don't exist, casual pleb and shit taste also don't exist.
Sep 17, 2015 7:50 PM

Dec 2013
As emotional as this episode was, I still don't understand how Yuki, upon snapping out of that self-imposed delusional state that she was under, still has the sense to follow the delusion of Megu-nee telling her what to do, specifically when she told her to go to the broadcasting room. It made very little sense there for me, as did the fact that Taromaru, once freed from the room, did not immediately attack the only living being in the vicinity (yes, I mean Miki), and just ran away like a scared puppy.... Isn't he suppose to be a mindless Zombie who hungers for flesh? Fresh meat just opened the door and he just ran off... like wtf??? And how did she manage to move so many boxes out to block the door in such a short period of time?

I really don't get it...
HESTIAAPPROVES
Sep 17, 2015 7:54 PM

Jun 2014
Great episode, was almost on par with the manga, but dam how many chapter did this episode cover? I saw bit of a lot of manga chapters especially...
Well, great episode, my favorite show this season.
Sep 17, 2015 8:16 PM

Feb 2013
Really good episode, Everything is getting extremely out of control. those "barriers" have finally gone down and Zombies have infest the entire school...Rather quickly too, although idk how much time passed from when they broke through the door to when they got to the girls.
Miki puts up the courage to get through the zombie horde. Good use of the last memory of Kei. I now wonder how heavy that shovel is though.
Megu-Nee has finally been put to rest, thank you Miki.
I was weirded out a bit when Taroumaru just lept outta the room without attacking Miki i'd imagine it's due to the whole "retaining their memory" skit, thankfully Miki didn't lose her common sense and went straight into the room.

Yuki has finally appeared to have gotten a hold of her sense and has seen what truly is around her (with the help of Megu-nee?)

Ugh The Music still love it, i gotta find out the OST for that song that played during Miki's plan (that was clearly in english) and still need to find the OST that played during Yuki's flashback towards the end of the episode.
Man, November 17th can't get here soon enough.
Argue? Nah Too lazy For That...
Are You Ready!~Gulcasa
Sep 17, 2015 8:26 PM

May 2014
Don't know if its been answered but what did Yuki promise Megu-nee? We don't really hear her and just see her mouth move
Sep 17, 2015 8:52 PM

Jun 2015
If I haven't already watched so many feels anime, I would've cried like a b*tch
but it was still really sad, that "bye-bye megu-nee" line really hit hard.

I expected a rushed episode due to all the fillers in the previous episodes, I'm so glad I was wrong, nice steady pace.

Final episode next week, they're finally going to "graduate" from that school, can't wait.

I rate 5/5 really sad episode.
Sep 17, 2015 9:11 PM
♡( •ॢ◡-ॢ)✧˖° ♡

Dec 2014
Finally, Yuki accepted the reality, next episode would be good, Yuki would save everyone. Can't wait what she would do next week.

Her delusional mind could be helpful at last.

This anime is truly one hell of waifu killer.
....Megu-nee :/

(っ◔◡◔)っ 𝓘 𝔀𝓲𝓼𝓱 𝔂𝓸𝓾 𝓪𝓵𝓵 𝓱𝓪𝓿𝓮 𝓪 𝔀𝓸𝓷𝓭𝓮𝓻𝓯𝓾𝓵 𝓭𝓪𝔂 ♥
Sep 17, 2015 9:18 PM

Jan 2011
Damn, this episode was really emotional. All the girls struggling with the situation. Miki seemed like she was able to kill the Megu-nee zombie but ended up being trapped in the storage room and seems like she's done for. Rii-san wasn't able to kill Kurumi after she became infected. Yuki finally came back to reality and even accepted that Megu-nee is indeed gone and gave her an actual farewell. Looking forward to the final episode next week.
5/5
Sep 17, 2015 9:44 PM

Feb 2008
Gakkougurashi has been a rough watch at times, but I still appreciate what it brought to the table in the overpopulated zombie genre. Not since reading Raising Stony Mayhall, have I been intrigued by a zombie story. This carries on with this episode. I like that the Megumi hallucination, which acted as a personification of Yuki's self-preservation instinct, serves to guide her out of the world she wrapped herself in. I like even more that even after she pulls herself away from it at the start, she had an almost immediately relapse back into it. The final goodbye to Megumi sealed this episode as being a step above the rest of the series, because it arguably means Yuki won't relapse again. She's no longer a liability, but an asset. Because of this episode, I will check on the manga and see if I like the delivery more. I'm sure that the manga readers will insist that I will.
Sep 17, 2015 10:37 PM

Jul 2007
ThreePointer said:
I love how they executed this episode. I think its better then how it was in the manga because of the suspense and the appropriate soundtrack. Even if I read it it still keeps me at the edge of my seat so they did a great job.

I overall feel that the anime is better structured than manga. You get a stronger feeling of everything crashing down and all those different moments of character development coming together.
Sep 17, 2015 11:21 PM

Aug 2015
Xenocrisi said:
gedata said:
Also kind of a shame they never included this page

It was one of the best pages of the manga! Damn!

Yep, completely agree.
I was actually looking forward to that scene playing out since episode 1, so it's a little saddening that it looks like they're skipping it.
To me that scene had a lot of impact. It was the final moments before Yuki's happy delusional world came crumbling down around her and from there it lead her into the acceptance of the current world she's in. The fact that she quoted her words from the very begging (when she was delusional) to now (not delusional) was a brilliant touch in my opinion.

No matter though, it is what it is and I don't dislike the route they chose to take this anime.
IncubusknightSep 17, 2015 11:35 PM
Sep 18, 2015 12:37 AM
Sep 2015
bibotot said:
Don't worry, guys. Because Yuki will save the say next time. Everything is DIEjoubu.

^_^ I was relieved after this episode, all safe in #12
Sep 18, 2015 1:24 AM
Jan 2012
People says this is Madoka 2.0, and this episode make it closely to Madoka ep11 more.

Finally, female protagonist who is innocent all the time, accept the cruel reality, and stand right before the eyes of the remaining, which in seriously critical situation.

And she will save the day, by
[Spoiler for madoka ep12]

Hope this will not end in the same way.
Sep 18, 2015 2:10 AM

Dec 2014
Did anyone else notice that one of the zombies who broke through the barrier and came after Miki was Yuki's little goth classmate from episode 1?
Sep 18, 2015 2:19 AM

Mar 2015
AnnaSartin said:
Did anyone else notice that one of the zombies who broke through the barrier and came after Miki was Yuki's little goth classmate from episode 1?

The goth girl even came in Yuki's flashback this episode, so I think it was intentional.

Sep 18, 2015 2:30 AM

Jul 2007
AnnaSartin said:

I would be surprised if someone missed that considering how obvious they made it -_-
Sep 18, 2015 4:16 AM

Dec 2014
CookingPriest said:
AnnaSartin said:

I would be surprised if someone missed that considering how obvious they made it -_-

Two people I discussed the episode with DID miss it, and I was starting to wonder everyone was going blind. o_O;
Sep 18, 2015 4:24 AM

Jan 2015
AnnaSartin said:
CookingPriest said:

Two people I discussed the episode with DID miss it, and I was starting to wonder everyone was going blind. o_O;

I noticed it...i thought it was quite obvious.
Sep 18, 2015 4:41 AM

Jul 2007
Xenocrisi said:
AnnaSartin said:

I noticed it...i thought it was quite obvious.

We are talking about the people who can't even understand what a flashback is. NOt really surprised.
Sep 18, 2015 5:56 AM

Nov 2014
This episode is so strong, offered a lot of suspense and pressure.

At the end, it touched my heart. I shed my tears.
Sep 18, 2015 6:03 AM

May 2011
Ok episode

Dat pole-dancer zombies! :D:D:D
Sep 18, 2015 6:28 AM

Feb 2008
Miki definitely ended up in a rather dire situation. Not that the other girls were in a better condition, especially Yuuri. Yuki handled her crumbling delusions quite well, though, being less annoying than usually.

I wonder, what does the production team have in store for us in the season finale?
Sep 18, 2015 8:01 AM

Sep 2013
Megu-nee T_____________T

and best girl better be heal next episode!
Sep 18, 2015 8:32 AM

Aug 2014
That last scene with Yuki feels really strong. Made me teared up a bit.
Finally get to see this side of Yuki! The plot's seems fine up until now..
Just don't tell me they're going anime original route where Miki or Kurumi dies though...

Ok, so now's a good time to say RIP Megu-nee..Best teacher ever. I wanted to have sister-figure teacher like her too... ;(
Sep 18, 2015 8:49 AM

Jun 2013
Sep 18, 2015 9:09 AM
Apr 2015
Only in anime you can take 5 minutes to make inner monologue and resolve your trauma, force the audience to feel the 'feels' and still make in time to save your nakama who should have been killed long ago in the meantime.
Sep 18, 2015 9:12 AM

Feb 2015
Axelucard_ said:

10/10. ;_;
Now you're wondering if there's white text in any of my other posts.

Over there, I'm everywhere. I know that.
Sep 18, 2015 9:30 AM

Dec 2012
Damn, the dark atmosphere is now in full swing. I didn't get teary-eyed or anything but I could feel it was emotional.

One little thing that annoyed me was how all while Kurumi / Miki were dying both Miki and Yuki (respectively) stopped to meditate, wasting precious time.

I don't watch as much anime as before...
Sep 18, 2015 9:57 AM

Jan 2013
Infatuate said:
Damn, the dark atmosphere is now in full swing. I didn't get teary-eyed or anything but I could feel it was emotional.

One little thing that annoyed me was how all while Kurumi / Miki were dying both Miki and Yuki (respectively) stopped to meditate, wasting precious time.

we dont know for how long that meditation actually lasted
Sep 18, 2015 10:41 AM

Jul 2007
imouto4oniichan said:
Only in anime you can take 5 minutes to make inner monologue and resolve your trauma, force the audience to feel the 'feels' and still make in time to save your nakama who should have been killed long ago in the meantime.

Infatuate said:

Remember kids:
Perception of time =/= The actual passage of time.
Sep 18, 2015 10:51 AM

Dec 2013
Well things got dark again quickly. The opening got darker again as expected. Can't wait for the final episode, I have more than enough motivation to read the manga because this is amazing so far.
Sep 18, 2015 11:36 AM

Mar 2012
Infatuate said:

Is hard to state what time has been in a show which is showing different places with events happening simultaneously.
Probably it took a few minutes but we saw it like hours, same with megu-nee and mi-kun scene (where I was shouting "Go save Kurumi!") but is a TV show and moments feel hours.
Waifus only represent ideals
Sep 18, 2015 11:59 AM

Aug 2013
This series had such potential to be great but the moe and horror hasn't meshed well. You can't just have random moe episodes and then introduce zombies. I didn't feel attached to the characters enough to feel sad for them. It's just very badly written. Unlike Madoka Magica which does this genre-deconstruction type of story much better.
Sep 18, 2015 12:20 PM

Jan 2015
rasenshiruken973 said:
This series had such potential to be great but the moe and horror hasn't meshed well. You can't just have random moe episodes and then introduce zombies. I didn't feel attached to the characters enough to feel sad for them. It's just very badly written. Unlike Madoka Magica which does this genre-deconstruction type of story much better.

Madoka Magica has nothing to do with this. It has not moe, just in the first 2 episodes. In any case i found this episode well done.
Sep 18, 2015 12:32 PM

Jan 2015
such an emotional episode, truly beautiful. it left me speechless
Sep 18, 2015 12:33 PM
Newshit

Jan 2015
My feels are hurt
Sep 18, 2015 1:41 PM

May 2014
Anime original ending ? Pls no ..
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 18, 2015 2:03 PM

Mar 2012
OST when?
LoneWolf said:
@Josh makes me sad to call myself Canadian.
Sep 18, 2015 4:33 PM

Jan 2008
Feels were strong with this episode, the OST helps a lot.
Sep 18, 2015 5:52 PM

Oct 2011
AHHHHH EHHHHHHHHHHH Megu-nee T____T
Sep 18, 2015 6:40 PM

Dec 2013
Lucasloco91 said:
Anime original ending ? Pls no ..

That's what I read from /a/, but I don't think it's true though. Well.. hopefully not.
Sep 18, 2015 7:59 PM

Jan 2013
So they are leaving everything for the last episode :/
Hope thhis will have a happy ending.
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Sep 18, 2015 10:21 PM
Jul 2013
Well awesome episode, very sad though.
I hope it will good in the end...
Sep 18, 2015 11:22 PM

Jan 2012
best episode so far. Really feelsy but I can't connect because I don't care about any of the characters. Interested on how this will end next week.
you sound poor
Sep 19, 2015 6:09 AM

May 2014
Fuck... I knew I should have waited for the show to finish airing before watching this episode. Now the wait for the next Thursday is physically hurting my soul.
Sep 19, 2015 7:19 AM

Dec 2014
This episode and episode 10 as well were very good episodes especially in contrast to the past ~9 episodes that were overwhelmingly more slice of life than zombie invasion.
These episodes were so good that it's making me question if I can rate this anime decently because of how uneventful and uninteresting the buildup was... was enduring the buildup worth it for this ending? I hope so, because I'm pretty much on end waiting for the next episode.
Are you from Japan? Cause I'm trying to get in Japanties.
Sep 19, 2015 8:13 AM

Jul 2015
This episode is too much.. I wouldn't want to be in any of the three's situation. I would snap and make the worst decisions.

So it's either live or die for the next episode..

Sep 19, 2015 9:18 AM

Jul 2015
>Go to the broadcast room

I can sense 5 Endings:
"Wait... What was it again?"
-Wise words from Random guy in the Internet

Sep 19, 2015 10:10 AM

Nov 2011
So everything rests on Yuki's shoulder, that won't end well, i'm sure one person will die at least.

Join the MSP Club for an in-depth look at score progressions and other stats of currently airing anime
Sep 19, 2015 11:21 AM

Dec 2014
So Yuki finally accepts reality.

Interested in how everything is going to turn out. Not expecting a happy end though.
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Gakkougurashi! Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 24, 2015

511 by BigBoyAdvance »»
Feb 23, 4:29 PM

Poll: » Gakkou Gurashi! Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 23, 2015

289 by PahLevia »»
Feb 16, 6:30 AM

Poll: » Gakkougurashi! Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 10, 2015

328 by OutOfGalaxy »»
Jan 28, 12:28 AM

Poll: » Gakkougurashi! Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Sep 3, 2015

226 by OutOfGalaxy »»
Jan 24, 11:57 PM

Poll: » Gakkougurashi! Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Aug 27, 2015

227 by OutOfGalaxy »»
Jan 20, 7:46 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.