Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « First ... « 3 4 [5]
Oct 28, 2021 3:47 PM

Sep 2016
I was wrong about it being unrequited, but I hit the bullseye on him making her forget about him, altough he went even beyond that.

I also want to what are Mao's motivations (at least more details about his relationship with C.C.), cause right now he only feels like a cheap excuse for this episode drama in question.
Nov 5, 2021 4:39 PM

Aug 2017
I didn't expect Shirley to shoot Villetta like that. But please, don't make Villetta lose her memories, we already have that with Shirley.
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Feb 28, 2022 7:06 AM

Aug 2018
Lelouch really did try to clean up his act to Shirley, very intense episode
Apr 9, 2022 10:08 PM

Jul 2017
i personally have enjoyed this episode. it was refreshing. Lulu is so cool man i really love him
Aug 16, 2022 4:38 PM

Jul 2021
Damn he made Shirley forget and erase her memories of him. That's really sad.
Sep 22, 2022 8:32 AM
Aug 2022
Sad that shirley forgot.
Jan 8, 2023 2:39 PM
Dec 2021
movies and shows and anime usually rarely make me sad but this.. 
Mar 4, 2023 8:21 AM

Jan 2020
this is trainwreck: the anime

I don't think this anime is good, but it's kinda entertaining I give it that. I'm actually interested in how the future will turn out, with having another geass user around.

Lelouch didn't have to fully erase Shirley's memories. It was a really bad decision..
May 3, 2023 7:55 PM

Apr 2023
I kinda feel bad for shirley
May 19, 2023 8:09 PM
May 2017
He did the right thing by erasing her memories. 
Aug 22, 2023 8:42 PM
Jul 2020
Uff capitulo fuerte, aunque no entiendo por que Lelouch le borro todos sus recuerdos juntos a Shirley cuando pudo haberle echo olvidar solo los recuerdo que le afectaban en ese momento. Pero bueno ya paso y habrá que aceptarlo sjjssjds. En cuanto a Mao supimos poco de el en este capítulo al parecer su geass es más fuerte o con más habilidades que el de Lulu. Ya espero a ver como se desarrolla todo. Creo que en estos últimos capítulos el anime pasó de ser un 7/10 a un 9/10 de verdad tengo ansias porque sé que pronto ya será un 10/10
Oct 29, 2023 3:34 PM
Apr 2020
MY LELOUCH X SHIRLEY PAIRING.... NOOOOO!!!!!
Nov 17, 2023 2:52 PM
Oct 2023
This Mao character is something else, also rip Shirley really sad she had to loose all memories, but i do believe she will fall in love with Lulu again. Well will be inetesrting to see if the girl that Shirley shot will survive and tell to everyone that Lelouch is Zero. and will be interesting to see Mao his insanity, his Geass and his love for C2, vs Lelouch.this series is really pretty similiar to death note in some aspects, and thats really great. Code Geass is a really good anime so is death note, expect for the second half
Nov 22, 2023 5:21 PM

Mar 2020
This new Mao character gives off obsessive vibes, looks like bro has some history with CC. Idk how to feel about Zero, mixed vibes from him. You can't call him good nor evil for his actions.

Will be interesting to see where this goes now with this new Geass user...
Joe, Joe Forever....
Dec 27, 2023 6:04 PM
Jul 2020
Up until this point in the series, the things that annoyed me the most were: A.) Suzaku (Lancelot), and B.) secondary characters having plot armor preventing them from dying. Now I have a third thing that annoys me, and this one is irreconcilable.

Suzaku's character is of the same type that annoyed me in Gundam Wing and Legend of the Galactic Heroes, a protagonist (though he isn't the main character in this show) who has a holier than art thou attitude, and is ridiculously overpowered on the battlefield for reasons that are bullshit. Because he has an overpowered mech that for reasons that are even more bullshit are given to him instead of a Brittanian. The mech itself is a lazy plot device this show, and most mecha anime, suffers from. That aside, I'm still waiting for this holier-than-thou attitude to come back and bite him in the ass. When the hell is he going to see the atrocities Brittania commits? Is he ever going to? Is he still going to justify his position in spite of that? I doubt the show's capability of bringing this to fruition after this episode.

If there's anything I hate in any story, it's having certain characters repeatedly face certain death, only to come back from the brink of it somehow (Shirley being a poor shot is not a good excuse, I don't care what anyone says). The only other thing that can be as bad as that is the constant use of the "last second save" routine that a lot of anime shows utilize. Like 99% of them. Attack on Titan is probably more guilty of utilizing that than any other anime I've ever seen, and it disappoints me to see it used frequently in this show. Because it always ends up doing the same thing, making people more stupid than they should be. Lancelot comes back to save a Brittanian again, too bad Lulu couldn't see that coming, again.

The highlight of this episode leads me to believe this series will not be a good one in the end (ie it's overrated like Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood). Lulu erasing Shirley's memories of him. It's not just that this is a very dumb decision on Lulu's part (because it's going to cause some awkward situations at school, at the very least). It's not just that his reasoning and explanation for doing so leaves a lot to be desired (even under the circumstances). It's that this is the series creators taking the cowards way out. Just when this show is starting to get very interesting with the character dynamics/drama/relationships, with Lulu having to deal with the collateral damage he causes, and how it affects at least one of his classmates (Shirley being the one who has the most intimate relationship with him, for what that's worth), the show decides to take the easy (yet anti-logical) route for the sake of keeping the same pace going. You're not making a friggin' episodic series here, this is one where an overarching plot is progressing with each episode. And you choose not to have at least a couple episodes where these two characters try to deal with these grievances and emotional moments? You choose not to have Lulu go through a reasonable amount of mental and emotional strain of trying to get them both to recover from this without utilizing his geass? Do they not see the massive potential of peak anime drama this can produce, along with moral lessons to put forth from it? They could've at least had one episode past this one without the mind-wipe where, after the drama stuff, Lulu has to choose between being with Shirley and having to continue with his campaign at her expense; because if he can't be around her and make their relationship happen seriously, then the risk of her going off the deep end would be too great? Or she threatens suicide (or even attempts it), so he mind-wipes her to prevent that? Give us something more than what we got!

Pitiful. The show's potential is squandered. There's no recovering from something like this. I'll try to stick with the rest of season 1, but this is really testing my resolve.
Pages (5) « First ... « 3 4 [5]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Code Geass - Hangyaku no Lelouch Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Chilli-Kun - Apr 11, 2008

276 by CobraNotKatsura »»
Yesterday, 8:37 AM

Poll: » Code Geass - Hangyaku no Lelouch Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

babykeiji - Feb 22, 2008

122 by shakinfuture2 »»
Apr 11, 4:51 AM

» Code Geass is an omnipandering anime ( 1 2 )

Sanjay63773 - Feb 3

69 by AnimSr »»
Mar 31, 4:09 AM

Poll: » Code Geass Hangyaku no Lelouch Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Faust721 - Feb 18, 2007

142 by Ja_LYMPIK »»
Mar 17, 3:39 AM

Poll: » Code Geass Hangyaku no Lelouch Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Crystal - Feb 7, 2007

175 by Ja_LYMPIK »»
Mar 17, 2:24 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.