Forum Settings
Forums
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]
Post New Reply
Poll: Which one do you think was the BEST our of the seven movies (not including epilogue or other recaps).

Aug 23, 2016 1:32 PM
LukeLC said:
Surprised at how many people give 5 such high marks. As someone who's actually been educated on things like story construction I found it to actually be rather poor from a technical standpoint. 7 on quite the other hand did just about everything right. The rest served their purpose as backstory, but ultimately felt like a mixed bag of storytelling quality. Type Moon has always had a weakness for not establishing the rules of their stories, which leads to things often getting more and more extreme without the viewer having any basis for what 'reality' is and isn't in the story world. In fact, I nearly lost interest when what started as a relatively realistic world in movie 1 suddenly had fairies and robots and wizards and zombies by movie 6. While 7 didn't really address that problem it sufficiently swept it under the rug and tied things together excellently while simultaneously telling a standalone arc that was easily head and shoulders above the rest. The entire series definitely has its merits--there's enough interesting things going on to keep you wondering and wanting to find out what comes next. Movie 7 was just the only one that couldn't be accurately described as a mess (albeit an enjoyable one).

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
This guy. This guy knows how to criticize movies. *thumbs up*

Sep 12, 2016 6:22 AM

Wow, I guess I'm in the minority, because I liked 4 (The Hollow Shrine) the most. In fact, it was the only one in the entire series that left me feeling more or less satisfied writing-wise. There was a lot of Touko-san, which probably added to the enjoyment. :3 It was also interesting to see Shiki overcome her trauma - both physical and mental, and learn to use her powers (although she did become OP way too quick, tbh - hardly any development there).

I did not like 5 *at all*, I'd rate it below 1,3 and 7 easily.

Jan 4, 3:08 PM

5>7>3>1>2>6>4 fifth movie was just a masterpiece.
Modified by Intense, Jan 4, 3:26 PM

Sep 29, 4:07 PM

I feel like movie 2 and 4 are a little underappreciated.

Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]