Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Overlord (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Sep 15, 2015 7:22 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Well this was quite an episode...

It was mostly dedicated of a buildup to hunt down Shaltear. Then, there's this guy whom I find to be amusing:

It looks like Albedo also shows some of her more vulnerable side.
Some decent on-screen chemistry between her and Ainz.
Sep 15, 2015 7:30 AM

Apr 2008
Stark700 said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.

It was mostly dedicated of a buildup to hunt down Shaltear. Then, there's this guy whom I find to be amusing:

Pandora's actor arrives!
Sep 15, 2015 7:31 AM

Jul 2014
Dude... freaking madhouse... wow. They are unable to adapt a novel properly.
ArcanixSep 15, 2015 7:40 AM
Sep 15, 2015 7:47 AM
Mar 2012
So they didnt adopt the nigredo scene i presume?
Sep 15, 2015 7:50 AM
Oct 2011
Well Pandoras Actor was the only saving grace here.

Why couldn't they just do this to Vol 2 and properly adapt vol 3. While the PA scene was ok(being generous) the rest...yea where do I even begin.If you thought the Anime was a mediocre/dumbed down version of the LN fear no more now it's time for butchering.

On the bright side they have 2 episodes for the fight.I guess thats what they were going for.
Sep 15, 2015 7:55 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
Darklight0303 said:
Stark700 said:

Pandora's actor arrives!
This guy looks weird lol
Sep 15, 2015 7:57 AM
Mar 2012
barmar said:
Well Pandoras Actor was the only saving grace here.

Why couldn't they just do this to Vol 2 and properly adapt vol 3. While the PA scene was ok(being generous) the rest...yea where do I even begin.If you thought the Anime was a mediocre/dumbed down version of the LN fear no more now it's time for butchering.

On the bright side they have 2 episodes for the fight.I guess thats what they were going for.

what did they miss from the novel then? i think the nigredo scene but what else?
Sep 15, 2015 7:57 AM

Apr 2008
Tokoya said:
Darklight0303 said:

Pandora's actor arrives!
This guy looks weird lol

That's the true face of a Doppleganger
Sep 15, 2015 8:02 AM
Oct 2011
Warbandit18 said:
No Nigredo,Shizu,Magician Guild Leader,basically 90% of that incident and way more.Also some minor original stuff to fill some holes with.

They probably want to get over with it and just adapt the fight lol.I presume that'll take up the remaining 2 episodes.
barmarSep 15, 2015 8:10 AM
Sep 15, 2015 8:09 AM

Apr 2008
barmar said:
Warbandit18 said:
No Nigredo,Shizu,Magician Guild Leader,basically 90% of that incident and more.Also some minor original stuff to fill some holes with.

Wait so no betrayal of Iguva either?
Sep 15, 2015 8:12 AM
Mar 2012
barmar said:
Warbandit18 said:
No Nigredo,Shizu,Magician Guild Leader,basically 90% of that incident and more.Also some minor original stuff to fill some holes with.

No shizu ;_; ok seems they dont want to include a second season to this if they remove those scenes. Well nigredo second appearnce is in the end6yh/ beginning 7th novel so that they removed those is kinda not big for second season but still reall bad but that they removed shizu from the treasure room scene is stupid and the guild magician leader scene is also kinda crucial for the role of ainz... i liked the series but it will leave a dark spot on my list if they will also completely ruin the best fight to date in the novel.
Sep 15, 2015 8:13 AM
Mar 2012
Darklight0303 said:
barmar said:

he probably means the scene where the guild leader becomes excited and mad because of the spell in the stone from ainz.
Sep 15, 2015 8:14 AM
Oct 2011
Darklight0303 said:
barmar said:

No well... you see they only showed the the last scene besides Ainz warning Iguva not to follow them. Iguva being tied up and Ainz,Narberal,Albedo,Hamsuke just standing there besides Mare and yea..him crushing iguva.So awkward.
Sep 15, 2015 8:19 AM
Mar 2012
barmar said:
Darklight0303 said:

No well... you see they only showed the the last scene besides Ainz warning Iguva not to follow them. Iguva being tied up and Ainz,Narberal,Albedo,Hamsuke just standing there besides Mare and yea..him crushing iguva.So awkward.

mm ok seems it would have been better if they indeed made vol 2 two episodes shorter and used it for volume 3.
Sep 15, 2015 8:37 AM
Mar 2012
Actually curious why they didnt adopt shizu in the treasure room scene cause there was a meaning why only she and yuri could come with ainz...
Sep 15, 2015 8:40 AM
Oct 2011
Warbandit18 said:
Actually curious why they didnt adopt shizu in the treasure room scene cause there was a meaning why only she and yuri could come with ainz...
Because moar budget.

But you know the funny thing is- how did they even find Shalltear without Nigredo?
Even without showing her they could've at least added a line like"Thanks to Nigredo we found out her location" or something similar.
barmarSep 15, 2015 8:44 AM
Sep 15, 2015 8:55 AM
Mar 2012
barmar said:
Warbandit18 said:
Because moar budget.

But you know the funny thing is- how did they even find Shalltear without Nigredo?
Even without showing her they could've at least added a line like"Thanks to Nigredo we found out her location" or something similar.

so they didnt even explain how they find shalltear. oh god that is actually pretty disgusting. seems they just want to dedicate all the budget for the last 2 episode battle.
Warbandit18Sep 15, 2015 9:01 AM
Sep 15, 2015 9:05 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
Mamoru Miyano at his finest lol
Sep 15, 2015 9:05 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
That felt so rushed lol

But it was more enjoyable than last episode for sure. Pandora's actor was quite hilarious, i cracked up when he spoke german LOL

Ainz and Albedo's scene was very good.
Sep 15, 2015 9:06 AM

Jan 2012
So Ains is gonna put down Shalltear Old Yeller style? I lold at them casually killing that one douche. Poor Hamsuke seems so scared though...hope they treat him right....err her apparently. :D
animefan8800Sep 15, 2015 9:13 AM
Sep 15, 2015 9:06 AM

Aug 2014
The comedy scene between Albedo and Pandora Actor has been omitted lol.
Great to see Naberal in the Rabbit accessory, as well as "Shooting Star" being used.
Your taste in Anime is shit.

Because you can't differentiate between what's good and bad.

How sad.
Sep 15, 2015 9:21 AM

Jan 2015
Well... That flashback and long Mausoleum talk. That must be the "Sign" for the "just a few Episodes left".
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Mascera&sclick=1]convert gambar online
Sep 15, 2015 9:23 AM

Feb 2015
Can someone who read the novel tell me if he actually killed Shalltear? I just need to know!

<In the ghost town of our love
there is a player piano
trying to prove it can make music
without being touched.
My fingertips miss her so much.>
Sep 15, 2015 9:24 AM
Mar 2012
ok the first 7 min were pretty disgustingly rushed and not even in a good way... the rest of the epsisode was good in its own not adaption way.
Sep 15, 2015 9:26 AM

Jan 2013
"Was that GERMAN!? Never do that in front of me again!"

LMAO. Oh, embarrassment definitely is the sharpest knife.
Sep 15, 2015 9:27 AM

Jun 2015

Those parts with Pandora's Actor was epic! LOL.
Prepare for a big battle next time out!!

Sep 15, 2015 9:29 AM

Sep 2013
Madhouse you better goddamn deliver on that fight with the next 2 ep. and a season 2 and movie announcement :(
They can still do sequels even with this horribly cut ep. :(

That Ainz x Albedo <3
Best couple of 2015 :'(

Atleast Pandora Actor was cool XD

ririchiyomika said:
Can someone who read the novel tell me if he actually killed Shalltear? I just need to know!

http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1417598&show=0#msg41833431
Sep 15, 2015 9:32 AM

Jun 2013
This episode was fine. The pandora's actor was hilarious, and the albedo scene was nice too. Missing the uwah~ scene with shizu tho :c

But honestly, dont understand why they rushed so much, even skipping the negredo part, and pretty much cutting the adventure meeting, treasury scene.
MadHouse adapted the first 9 eps well, leaving room open for s2. Now all of a sudden we have a rush. It's like the other producers told them to "just wrap it up"

The shalltear fight will only take one episode, 2 would be a stretch. I fear for an original ending cutting off chances for sequel.

Well, the fight should be done well atleast.
Imagine a berserk anime by Yoshiaki kawajiri at Madhouse.

Now take a look at Berserk (2016).

YOU HAVE MY PERMISSION TO CRY.
Sep 15, 2015 9:33 AM

Mar 2012
They Rushed it Again...but it was not as terrible as ep 10....plus all the important scene's were done well....Beside's the scene's that were skipped does not effect the overall plot of the story...so they can still do a S2..and the Nigredo intro as such can be added later.

The only thing i thought was a waste they did not include was Shizu with Yuri Alpha....i don't understand why they did not animate her with them....but the second half got me pumped...I really hope the Battle will be worth it.

Also Good job With Pandora's Actor so cool..contrary to Ainz opinion.
Sep 15, 2015 9:34 AM

Feb 2015

So Pandora's Actor is younger Ainz's idea of a cool character. Kinda funny how he was so embarrassed about it.

Never thought I'd see Ainz lose his cool upon learning about the world item. His talk with Albedo was quite emotional. Ainz vs Shalltear should be good.

SchwingBonerSep 15, 2015 9:40 AM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 15, 2015 9:34 AM

Feb 2012
Oh man, Pandora's Actor is so lame. I want to see some 10th tier magics and world items, I'M READY!
Sep 15, 2015 9:37 AM

Jul 2014
It didn't feel particularly rushed to me, and I honestly don't think that this episode was anywhere near as bad as some pople are making it out to be. At the very least, it was so much better than last week's episode in every way and probably had more emotion in it than almost any of the other episodes. Hopefully the fight will be worth it though if they really are rushing stuff.
Sep 15, 2015 9:41 AM
Jul 2015
ririchiyomika said:

You'll get the answer next week. Still wanna know?

Sep 15, 2015 9:42 AM
Mar 2012
danieltortoisee said:
It didn't feel particularly rushed to me, and I honestly don't think that this episode was anywhere near as bad as some pople are making it out to be. At the very least, it was so much better than last week's episode in every way and probably had more emotion in it than almost any of the other episodes. Hopefully the fight will be worth it though if they really are rushing stuff.

it was a good episode but the problem was more that they deleted 1 scene from the novel where a new charachter got introduced and they left otu 1 of the pleidas (shizu) with no reason at all.
Sep 15, 2015 9:45 AM

Feb 2014
Pandora's Actor is awesome. I'm sad he will probably not appear anymore.
And damn, Ainz was really cool when he was talking to Albedo. Hyped for the fight, expecting awesome things.
Sep 15, 2015 9:45 AM

Aug 2010
No Nigredo D: And quite the rushed first half. I guess they wanted to give fanservice to the Albedo fans and adapt her and Ainz's conversation in full.

At least Pandora Actor was awesome and obviously Miyano had lots of fun with him XD
Even Ainz couldn't take the embarrassment of the guardian he created.

Lets hope all the rushing pays off since they're gonna be leaving ~70 pages (PDF version) for 2 eps. The fight should be really detailed then.
Sep 15, 2015 9:56 AM

Oct 2013
Damnit, and here I was looking forward to Nigredo :/
Sep 15, 2015 9:56 AM

Jun 2013
well, interesting
Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival.~Winston Churchill

"Fate of the universe will be Decided as it SHOULD be, in MORTAL KOMBAT!" ~Elder Gods

"Justice WILL Prevail?" "But OF COURSE IT WILL!! WHOEVER WINS, BECOMES THE JUSTICE!!!" ~Donquixote Doflamingo (King, Pirate, Shichibukai, Philosopher(?) (One Piece))
Sep 15, 2015 10:00 AM
Jul 2018
Really the only entertaining part of this episode was the 2nd half, the 1st half was kinda cringey with the fast pace.

I was really looking forward to seeing Nigredo too, I hate that they skipped that part.

I really love this series, so it's kinda sad that their rushing it. But even though i say that I still like the anime even though it could have been adapted better. I still hope it gets a second season (that will be adapted COMPLETELY properly)
Sep 15, 2015 10:10 AM
Oct 2011
Obligatory card.
Sep 15, 2015 10:12 AM

Jul 2009
Lol Pandora Actor was hilarious, cool outfit but an embarrassing mentality.

This episode feels a bit rushed was a lot better than the 10th episode, it was really pleasant to see those treasury rooms and the golems.

barmar said:
Obligatory card.

Too OP.
Sep 15, 2015 10:27 AM
Jul 2018
Those parts with Pandora's Actor were lol.

Ains is going to take down Shalltear.
Sep 15, 2015 10:29 AM

Jul 2012
Mamoru did Pandora's Actor very well

was expecting him to break out into this:

Sep 15, 2015 10:40 AM

Apr 2014
i'm Pandora's Actor it's so cool Sonuvab****

i'm not sure about voice actor but the voice reminded me this guy

dam i really feel rush when i know what original content that cut off.
Sep 15, 2015 10:43 AM

May 2013
CreamyMarmalade said:
ririchiyomika said:

You'll get the answer next week. Still wanna know?

um i wanna know why shaltear was like that in the first place?

are those traveler that strong to process world level item?

and if shaltear was so strong why cant she kill them all before they made her paralize.. i guess?
Sep 15, 2015 10:50 AM
Oct 2011
na35899 said:

um i wanna know why shaltear was like that in the first place?

are those traveler that strong to process world level item?

and if shaltear was so strong why cant she kill them all before they made her paralize.. i guess?
I gave some answers about that in the previous ep thread but basically it was due to Shalltear's own carelessness. The Man who she knocked over was estimated to be around Narberals level so yes pretty strong. But it was still the item that was unexpected for her.

As for their ecounter, that was shown in the anime too when Shalltear was looking for that escaped ranger and suddenly her familiar died.

barmarSep 15, 2015 11:07 AM
Sep 15, 2015 10:53 AM

Jan 2012
Well don't understand why they would rush it like that... Wanted to see them massacring the other adventurers' team too...

Anyway Pandora's actor is just too great xD Poor guy looked down by the others ^^"
Sep 15, 2015 10:59 AM

May 2015
as a person who didnt read the novel
i dont understand what you people are blabbering about XD
Sep 15, 2015 11:02 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
EL PSY CONGROO.

Mamoru Miyano does over the top so well.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Sep 15, 2015 11:04 AM

Jun 2013
I want to see Pandora's Actor in a fight!

Also I hope Ains finds another way to save Shalltear, I don't want to see him kill her :(.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Overlord Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 7, 2015

368 by mustiest »»
Yesterday, 8:09 PM

» Why do people compare this show to SAO? ( 1 2 )

arc1only - Jan 8

58 by Reevansingh21 »»
Mar 31, 3:47 PM

Poll: » Overlord Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 29, 2015

431 by C0ST4 »»
Mar 29, 7:51 AM

» Why is shalltear stronger than Ainz??

SkyVongolaPrimo - Oct 20, 2015

16 by janreycampo »»
Mar 27, 10:22 AM

» Why couldn't Ainz defeat Shalltear easily?

Complexor - Dec 13, 2015

14 by janreycampo »»
Mar 27, 10:20 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.