Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Sep 13, 2015 10:29 AM

Jan 2014
I regret making this thread. Charlotte is shit and I can't see how anyone can like it.
starlessn1ghtFeb 26, 2016 10:09 AM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Sep 13, 2015 10:30 AM

Jun 2015
The "villainous" MC.
Read Toriko!
Sep 13, 2015 10:30 AM

Sep 2014
Someones a bit salty
Sep 13, 2015 10:35 AM

Jul 2013
Charlotte is shit.

Sep 13, 2015 10:38 AM

Apr 2015
4,5/10 anime.
Sep 13, 2015 10:43 AM

Jul 2014
Oh boy, an SAO fanboi.

"Lather, rinse & repeat."

BTW, Episode 11 was stupid.

OppaiSugoiSep 13, 2015 10:51 AM
Sep 13, 2015 11:01 AM

Jan 2014
OppaiSugoi said:
Oh boy, an SAO fanboi.

Yeah, unfortunately SAO received the same treatment Charlotte did, except much worse. So sad when elitists choose wonderful animes as their target :(
Hopefully, there will be other popular anime to be hated by the time SAO 3 airs... So it can receive proper treatment.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 13, 2015 11:13 AM

Mar 2013
Since you've taken the time to make a topic about it, I'm not going to respond like the others and just give what you asked for.

I'll just post the positives I like about Charlotte then.

OK, I bought this last month:
https://mobile.twitter.com/akiba_gema/status/630969796192960512

Things I like about Charlotte:
* Yuu and his smirks
* Nomura (reminds me of a mini-Lucia; calls Yuu "onii-sama" and is cute as hell)
* Takamats---*cough* I mean Takajou's friendship with Yuu
* Shirayanagi. Cute Yamato nadeshiko, looks like a doll -- but despite her personality, she is not naïve and doesn't take shit
* Eyes of the female characters
* The music when Yuu is talking on the phone to Tomori about meeting her brother
* Misa's face when playing the game in episode 5 and in episode 7 when she points at Yuu's door
* The ED song and the pictures
* That they had the guts to show a 16-year-old attempting to do drugs (cocaine) on Japanese TV
* Unpredictable situations
* Nomura again; don't care if she's a side character or whatever. Wannabe mongrel scum who stabbed Yuu can go die in a quasar though...
* Misa
* The part where Yuu kicks his sticks at the guys and tells them to move
* Art in episode 5 when Tomori is siting with Yuu and when she appears at her end of episode 7
* Sala's "Why ignore me? Shit!"

Since you're the same user, I'll go ahead and reply to your post in another topic as well----

GochiUsa is very popular in Japan though, so don't worry :)
I got a parker, talking alarm clock, talking PC, phone case, etc., etc.
Rize = best
UsuzumiiroSep 13, 2015 3:26 PM
この妖怪め…何度背後に立とうが俺はこの川原から立ち退くつもりはない。逆に俺が貴様を追い払…なにその顔? 
ああ…前回失礼な事して、俺に睨まれたモンだから気に病んでるのか?心配御無用。男子高校生は傷つけられるのは慣れっこッス

Sep 13, 2015 11:15 AM

Mar 2013
There is only a small group of people who dislike it. Even if most people dislike a show and you enjoy it then so be it? Just don't call everybody who isn't calling it a 10/10 insta classic a elitist troll.
added the fourth most popular anime onto this site
Sep 13, 2015 11:16 AM

Nov 2011

Charlotte is love, Charlotte is life.

Sep 13, 2015 11:17 AM

Apr 2015
KaiserNazrin said:

Charlotte is love, Charlotte is life.

NOT THE CORRECT CHARLOTTE.
Sep 13, 2015 11:18 AM

Mar 2014
Misa>>>>>>>>>>Yusa

Also Sala is awesome.

Also Takajou IS Takamaysu with another quirk . . .both did not make me laugh, exept in Rocket Cair episode of Angel beats

Charlotte needed eps like that to make it funny. Yusa was not needed . . .
"Fuck this shit, fun things are fun!"
Sep 13, 2015 11:19 AM

Jun 2014
Sep 13, 2015 11:27 AM

Jan 2015
My favourite moments of this show are Tomori Nao and Yuu falling in love and any moment that involves his little sister
Sep 13, 2015 11:29 AM

Mar 2012
These threads are as pointless as the Tomori/Yuu fan/hate club threads were.
Sep 13, 2015 11:32 AM

Aug 2015
Here is my first AMV and guess what: It's from Charlotte, I fixed it, enjoy , activate subtitles to make it more inmersive.

AcceltoineSep 13, 2015 12:13 PM
Sep 13, 2015 11:32 AM

Nov 2012
davinci12 said:
Someones a bit salty
Sep 13, 2015 11:44 AM

Apr 2015
OppaiSugoi said:
Oh boy, an SAO fanboi.

"Lather, rinse & repeat."

BTW, Episode 11 was stupid.

U can tell them that Charlotte sucks without attacking their personal taste. I don't like SAO/SAO fanboys either but keep it to yaself
Sep 13, 2015 11:58 AM

Jul 2014
Have to admit though,

pizza sauce is love, pizza sauce is life.

Sep 13, 2015 12:09 PM

Jan 2014
I like every single character of Charlotte, while the same didn't happen in other Key works. I hope Nao/Yuu get together and Yusa/Joujirou as well. I wonder what would happen if Yuu possessed Yusa then kissed Nao... :3
Sep 13, 2015 12:11 PM

Jan 2014
Usuzumiiro said:

GochiUsa is very popular in Japan though, so don't worry :)
I got a parker, talking alarm clock, talking PC, phone case, etc., etc.
Rize = best

Agree. Rize is love, Rize is life! Also, I was just saying I like the fact Gochiusa isn't popular in MAL, otherwise the elitists could attack it.
Sep 13, 2015 12:14 PM

Jul 2014
OP, pls research meaning of elitist/elitism. You seem to not know the proper use of the word.
Sep 13, 2015 12:19 PM

Jan 2014
OppaiSugoi said:
OP, pls research meaning of elitist/elitism. You seem to not know the proper use of the word.

I know what an elitist is. It's someone who looks down on most anime fans because of their tastes, and usually hate popular animes. They are very picky and usually like animes with some deep meaning behind or a very intelligent plot.
Sep 13, 2015 12:22 PM
Apr 2012
I like Charlotte, but I won't dismiss the hate its getting. There is nothing wrong with being critical of something, even of something you like. Although, much of the hate the show is getting currently is valid criticism, mainly thanks to episode 11. However, criticism without taking a good look at the contents and interactions in the show is unwarranted. There is obviously some varying depth in the show, and whether or not critics touch on that makes things difficult to debate. With that noted, I did like episode 11, but not acknowledging all the plot holes in it is silly. It's a flawed creation, but it's not terribly flawed.

I like Charlotte for the themes presented and characters.... It's just that some characters have gone to waste, sadly....

*spoilers ahead

In terms of themes, my favorite in the show might actually be "abuse". All ability users encountered abused their powers for one reason or another. The baseball guy did it for his friend, the archer guy did it for his family, and then then you have odd cases like Yusa and Yu where it's not entirely clear why their powers are being abused, and others abusing their powers for them. Misa abuses Yusa's ability of channeling; and Nao abuses Yu's ability to plunder. Taking Shunsuke's syndicate into consideration, Shunsuke abused his time leap ability to create it, and also the primary function of the student council... It's pretty messed up. Everything about the show has some sort of indicator of abuse, and then there are characters like Sala whom seem to have moved on from such a state to become more selfless. Yu too was at such a point, but he got pulled back into taking advantage of and abusing abilities when his recovered memories came into the picture... It's kind of sad how far this show has gone. The best, and most recent, companion to the theme of "abuse" is surely consequences though. Episode 7 and episode 11 reflect this heavily.... And despite how nonsensical episode 11 was, it was still a fantastic proof of the theme. There are consequences for your actions, no matter how things go they cannot be perfect. Yu saving Ayumi and taking her "collapse" ability lead to him activating it when he freaked out. Just as Nao felt responsible for Ayumi's death, Yu will probably share similar sentiments when he wakes up in episode 12... If time travel comes into play again, then "abuse" will rear its ugly head again, and the cycle will continue.
Sep 13, 2015 12:25 PM

Jul 2013
starlessn1ght said:
OppaiSugoi said:

I know what an elitist is. It's someone who looks down on most anime fans because of their tastes, and usually hate popular animes. They are very picky and usually like animes with some deep meaning behind or a very intelligent plot.

No, an elitist is somebody who thinks he or his opinion is better than everybody else's. "Hating" popular shows, being very picky and looking for thought provoking anime has nothing at all to do with being an elitist.

You're being sort of an elitist by labeling all sort of Charlotte criticism as hate and thinking that people's negative opinions are wrong.
Sep 13, 2015 12:28 PM

Jul 2014
starlessn1ght said:
OppaiSugoi said:

I don't like the way you phrased that. It sounds like you're placing the fault with us critics for why Charlotte is getting all this valid criticism. Like politoadboy above me said, we have nothing against those who enjoy Charlotte, we're just pointing out the flaws we see in the show and trying to give our reasons.
"Beyond the veil of cherry blossom petals blown by the wind - almost like their promised reunion -

Feelings pile up with the passage of time: once the torrent of emotions comes rushing down, what is the spectacle that awaits?"
Sep 13, 2015 12:30 PM

Dec 2013
3/10... BUT I believe it can go lower.
Sep 13, 2015 2:27 PM

Apr 2015
Barolb said:
I like Charlotte, but I won't dismiss the hate its getting. There is nothing wrong with being critical of something, even of something you like. Although, much of the hate the show is getting currently is valid criticism, mainly thanks to episode 11. However, criticism without taking a good look at the contents and interactions in the show is unwarranted. There is obviously some varying depth in the show, and whether or not critics touch on that makes things difficult to debate. With that noted, I did like episode 11, but not acknowledging all the plot holes in it is silly. It's a flawed creation, but it's not terribly flawed.

I like Charlotte for the themes presented and characters.... It's just that some characters have gone to waste, sadly....

*spoilers ahead

In terms of themes, my favorite in the show might actually be "abuse". All ability users encountered abused their powers for one reason or another. The baseball guy did it for his friend, the archer guy did it for his family, and then then you have odd cases like Yusa and Yu where it's not entirely clear why their powers are being abused, and others abusing their powers for them. Misa abuses Yusa's ability of channeling; and Nao abuses Yu's ability to plunder. Taking Shunsuke's syndicate into consideration, Shunsuke abused his time leap ability to create it, and also the primary function of the student council... It's pretty messed up. Everything about the show has some sort of indicator of abuse, and then there are characters like Sala whom seem to have moved on from such a state to become more selfless. Yu too was at such a point, but he got pulled back into taking advantage of and abusing abilities when his recovered memories came into the picture... It's kind of sad how far this show has gone. The best, and most recent, companion to the theme of "abuse" is surely consequences though. Episode 7 and episode 11 reflect this heavily.... And despite how nonsensical episode 11 was, it was still a fantastic proof of the theme. There are consequences for your actions, no matter how things go they cannot be perfect. Yu saving Ayumi and taking her "collapse" ability lead to him activating it when he freaked out. Just as Nao felt responsible for Ayumi's death, Yu will probably share similar sentiments when he wakes up in episode 12... If time travel comes into play again, then "abuse" will rear its ugly head again, and the cycle will continue.

I like the way you look at things. ' ^ ')7!
Sep 13, 2015 3:18 PM

Apr 2013
Holy shit man your friends need to seriously give you an intervention. You seriously need to watch good TV/movies, and read good literature cause it honestly looks like you don't know the elements of good storytelling. I understand liking this (i mean I enjoy it) but thinking it's good? What? Lol.
Sep 13, 2015 3:28 PM

Jun 2014
NudeBear said:
Holy shit man your friends need to seriously give you an intervention. You seriously need to watch good TV/movies, and read good literature cause it honestly looks like you don't know the elements of good storytelling. I understand liking this (i mean I enjoy it) but thinking it's good? What? Lol.

>One Piece anime in favs
Sep 13, 2015 3:48 PM

Apr 2013
Jerkhov said:
NudeBear said:

>One Piece anime in favs

What's your point?
Sep 13, 2015 11:41 PM

Aug 2013
NudeBear said:

One Piece in 1st place on you fav list, FMA- 10/10, and you are talking about good movies/series/literature.
Lol.
I watched ~1300 non anime movies, and ~100 non anime series in my life.
I have wide viewpoint, and yes - I think, that Charlotte is great.
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Sep 13, 2015 11:48 PM
Jul 2015
I feel bad that so many people are doing exactly what you don't want LOL

Well Nao is best girl, and I hope she ends up with Yuu in the end. I literally only watch the anime at this point for Nao lol.
One dream that will probably never come true: A full anime adaptation of Kimi no Iru Machi or Suzuka anime reboot.

"It Happens."
Sep 14, 2015 2:03 AM

Apr 2013
rsc-pl said:
NudeBear said:

One Piece in 1st place on you fav list, FMA- 10/10, and you are talking about good movies/series/literature.
Lol.
I watched ~1300 non anime movies, and ~100 non anime series in my life.
I have wide viewpoint, and yes - I think, that Charlotte is great.

Further evidence that you and Jerkhov are incapable of discussing anime. You do know that it's possible to like a show and enjoy it for what it is while still understanding the flaws and drawbacks to it, right? That never crossed your mind? 10/10 what? I don't even rate the shows I watch...lol where'd you get that from? If you want to have a discussion about why I like shows like One Piece or Naruto or whatever then PM me, but don't bring it here because it's not relevant to our discussion.

A lot of you seem to be under the impression that there are no or very little drawbacks to this show, and that all the -reasonable- critcism for it is unfounded. I just don't know how you can say that unless you don't know any of the elements that make good storytelling. I just can't.
NudeBearSep 14, 2015 2:07 AM
Sep 14, 2015 2:10 AM

Jun 2015
I thought this kind of threads was made for CGDCT/Harem/SoL animu.
Oh wait, Charlotte is Slice of Life actually...
_____
Topic:
Jerkhov said:
Sep 14, 2015 2:17 AM

Nov 2013
oreology said:

_____
Topic:
Jerkhov said:
Sep 14, 2015 2:23 AM

Mar 2012
NudeBear said:

NudeBear said:
You do know that it's possible to like a show and enjoy it for what it is while still understanding the flaws and drawbacks to it, right?

ಠ_ಠ
Sep 14, 2015 2:38 AM

Apr 2013
Avenger-senpai said:
NudeBear said:

NudeBear said:
You do know that it's possible to like a show and enjoy it for what it is while still understanding the flaws and drawbacks to it, right?

ಠ_ಠ

There's no contradiction there, if that's what you're trying to tell me. If you read more carefully you'll find this:

I understand liking this (i mean I enjoy it)

However your enjoyment of the show shouldn't stop you from critiquing and it doesn't mean that you should call reasonable posters "elists, haters" (like this OP is doing) just because refuse to see the flaws. OP is basically dismissing all the criticism of Charlotte by calling it "hating" or "elitism."
NudeBearSep 14, 2015 2:41 AM
Sep 14, 2015 12:23 PM

Mar 2012
I just found it amusing that you're bashing someone who finds a certain show good which you feel isn't but then when someone does it to you then it is unreasonable of them to do so. Pretty obvious that if you're gonna make a post like that then people who find the show good are gonna do the same. It wasn't discussing the anime, just bashing the OP for finding Charlotte good.

NudeBear said:
However your enjoyment of the show shouldn't stop you from critiquing and it doesn't mean that you should call reasonable posters "elists, haters" (like this OP is doing) just because refuse to see the flaws. OP is basically dismissing all the criticism of Charlotte by calling it "hating" or "elitism."

See now that's a reasonable post.
Sep 14, 2015 1:36 PM

Jan 2015
Nope. I won't.
Sep 14, 2015 2:13 PM

Aug 2014
First 12 minutes and........nothing else.

Anime is good, fucking deal with it.
Sep 14, 2015 2:14 PM

Mar 2014
no.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ask.fm My blog about me Past forum sets ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Sep 14, 2015 2:24 PM

Jun 2014
I only like the opening now tbh, it's sad it didn't appear for the 2 recent episodes.
Sep 14, 2015 2:28 PM

Dec 2013
giving this show a 1/10 now
Sep 14, 2015 2:54 PM
Jun 2015
I love Charlotte, but this anime is gonna be the death of me!!!!
My feels are more all over the place then in hunter x hunter and your lie in april COMBINED!!!!!!!!!
Sep 14, 2015 3:53 PM

Jan 2014
People liking turds.. News to me.
F0XFIRE said:
OP 4 most butthurt bitch on MAL.

Dec 25, 2015 1:19 AM

Nov 2015
Charlotte may not have a much complicated plot, but its one of those animes which I would consider one of the entertaining show.I love all the characters so much!And I think its not less than Angel Beats in anyways!
Dec 27, 2015 12:12 AM

Feb 2014
I liked charlotte very much, it's so fucking horrible it's funny :D
"Just because I’ve gotten weaker, it doesn’t mean that you got stronger, right?" - Accelerator
Dec 29, 2015 10:32 AM

Jan 2008
To share MOAR LUV, you better put Yuu on the line. http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=49186
Dec 29, 2015 3:59 PM
Sep 2015
Nao Tomori is bae.

Screw the haters
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Charlotte Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 29, 2015

649 by MsBorsh »»
Apr 21, 11:49 AM

» Yuu's Ability

PenguinLam - Apr 18

37 by Yeshaiah2015yesh »»
Apr 21, 8:27 AM

Poll: » Charlotte Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Sakaitsu - Jul 4, 2015

652 by MsBorsh »»
Apr 21, 4:34 AM

Poll: » Charlotte Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 26, 2015

886 by KumaGetsu »»
Apr 18, 10:21 PM

Poll: » Charlotte Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 22, 2015

459 by Tsunamii_ »»
Apr 6, 4:08 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.