Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Dec 4, 2020 1:36 PM

Mar 2020
At first it is a little way too weird and mysterious but then it turns out funnier than i thought. The animation is so detailed and the storyline is quite interesting! I've never watch this kind of movie before. It happen when i found it on anime suggestions, This anime deserve more attention because it seems like this movie is too underrated. First of all, from the cover i thought it some kinda shojo ai genre movie but it turns out about two girl that just know each other trying to solve a mystery about a guy that either dead or alive. I hope here is more movie like this!
Dec 27, 2020 9:10 AM

Sep 2017
The animation just looked weird and choppy, perhaps still frames were lost in post-production...

Narrative wise, Hana to Alice didn't carry much intrigue. The writer's ideas were all over the place and Hana's motivations (love/revenge) were ill-explored.
May 7, 2021 8:52 AM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
I have a mixed feeling after watching this one. The art and animation really not much my liking. The story itself also all over the place with the resolution of the case kinda forced by how somehow they met with Yuda. I mean, seriously just like that? Spending 1.30 hours only to see them getting along in the end with those kind of situation really a strange plot. So, in the end, the plot prolly just not my typical enjoyment. Such an unfortunate, because i really hope much with the story wise with how dang the art-animation style was. Some part also shall be not added, because for me its just wasting the duration with its shallowness. You just guess by yourself, i don't really want to talk about that again. Its really pain me.

At the end, i am sorry, the movie really not reaching my initial expectations, and blow all of my enjoyment in one second. At least now i understand a certain thing that i am long questioned it. Its just that....
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Sep 12, 2021 12:53 PM

Aug 2008
This was just dull for me, a premise that didn't really go anywhere, the girls hang out in some town all night and then ends in a whimper. Taking ghosts so seriously? Are real Japanese middle schoolers that superstitious? Then little character things, the girl who faked being possessed and then disappears from the movie. The mom also a bit quirky but adds nothing. Got to also wonder why these two can stay out all night and there be no repercussions at home. Easy going mothers I suppose.

Didn't hate it but completely forgettable, 5/10.
Oct 11, 2021 4:19 AM

Jan 2021
I left this anime idle for a long time on the ptw list because I thought I wouldn't like it, uh who would have thought that in the end I enjoyed and smiled from the beginning to the end.

Alice is a character that feels so fresh, fun, real and easy to like. Hana also feels fresh and so real. I really like their relationship, how they interact is really fun and feels like "ah that's very possible in real friendship" real here means real world, not anime-style friendship.

All characters feel so relatable and like the people we usually meet in our daily life, even Mutsu and the boy who ate the chicken wings (lol I forgot his name). The only thing I don't understand is what does Yuda mean by giving a marriage proposal to every girl who likes him? And it happened in 9th grade, where Hana gave a marriage proposal to Yuda when they were in 7th grade right? So it seems too late if he wants to make fun of Hana...? (or maybe I'm misunderstood something?)

I agree with the top review who said that this story is very Asian, because things like this are very common in Asia and I've experienced it myself lol. And also! Alice managed to make me laugh many times hahah I haven't laughed much while watching anime, it's really nice. There should be a comedy tag XD Alice's seiyuu is great!! And all seiyuu! They did a really good job.
hanakocheeksOct 11, 2021 4:23 AM

Nov 3, 2021 4:47 AM

Jul 2014
Had fun watching this, great slice of life movie. Gave me bit laughs too esp Alice and Hana interaction + Mu(was pissed at her first but when she reveaed the truth, it made me laugh) lmao

love that scene with Alice and the gramps. It was really sweet how Alice accompanied the gramps and made him experience young life after so many years with just simple swing. It was wholesome (also how alice gave air through jacket)

I guess my fav here would be alice (also love the ballet scenes, am a fellow one thats why i love that)

I have searched up the 2004 and saw the synopsis, it was a love triangle. So i think i prefer this one having a vibe of mystery and not love drama between 2 friends. (So this anime movie is the prequel of it? On how alice and hana bexame best friends?) I have no problem with romance but love triangle is a no for me

(One thing that irks me was the voice of Alice's ballet friend....sorry)
MurukoHiiragiNov 3, 2021 4:52 AM
"Everyone fails sometimes
But dreams won't fade, dreams won't fade
Let's chase them as many times as it takes and don't lose
Because today after all is today and once you wake up, it'll be a new morning"

~Aqours~
Nov 10, 2023 2:33 PM
Aug 2017
I felt like watching this on a whim, thinking this was legit going to be about a murder case. It turns out is just a slice of life movie lol

If you enjoy stories with two dumbass kids doing stupid teenager shit, you may enjoy this. I personally enjoyed the part with the old man and Alice just hanging out. Alice and Hana themselves were kinda eh and made me tune out for the most part, right after that scene with the grandpa and the dumb reveal.

However, it has a nice ending; Hana, who is shown through the film as a dramatic and straight up creepy bish, ends up facing the dude she had a crush on and finally goes back to school after being a recluse for one year because she put a bee on that guy's shirt (she has a lot of moments like this dw). Alice can continue to live life and hopefully finally rid herself of her classmate's cultist bullshit (this is also thanks to Hana). She also gains a new friend. All's well that ends well.
Feb 26, 11:00 AM
Jun 2022
1) Her ballet friend was kinda simple i liked her.

2) oh well , she transferred in a class of idiots , amusing!

3) that sensei too looked like middle school student along with his mother .

4) mc was kinda chill then went annoying now back to being likeable .

5) that taxi driver was nice person & amusing too.

6) that ramen shop guys were cool .

7) Boys man... damn so funny.. someone dragging and they left everything to help... so dope .

8) animation lil so so but fits the setting thus a nice watch.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» anime movie recommendations that has similar tone to this one?

Kayzzle - Jul 12, 2021

4 by iiKrina »»
Jan 30, 2023 8:09 AM

» Why does every 14 year old got to be whiny?

Angry_Anime_Nerd - Mar 27, 2016

27 by Angry_Anime_Nerd »»
Jul 12, 2021 9:48 AM

» Preview & Cast

Stark700 - Dec 11, 2014

8 by Lemon »»
Jun 21, 2015 12:40 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.