Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 12, 2009 5:11 PM

Nov 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
tsubasaloverDec 12, 2009 8:04 PM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Dec 13, 2009 1:02 AM
Nov 2008
I don't quite understand why Aoba lost consciousness after being hit in the foot (the shock of being hit??). Oh well.

Anyway, as expected, Azuma blames himself for making Aoba miss her woman's national baseball selection and everything. And that has cost him to perform badly during training. Like what himself said, it's nice to know that Azuma has a human side of him. I can't stop but laugh at the Azuma x Kou scene XXD

Although Aoba doesn't show it, she's rather downcast over this, and Kou understands that very well. It's really sweet of him to bring her gloves and a ball to play with after hearing that she heard the results of woman's national baseball selection from Senda. That's similar to the time when Kou offered to be Aoba's catcher after Aoba kinda feel left out when Seishuu won during their first summer tournament match. Kou is always there by her side when she needs cheering up. How sweet~

I feel sad for Akaishi... Just when I thought he has a chance with Akane, he gives this chance away to Kou, explaining that Wakaba looks the happiest when she's with Kou, and he wanted to see her brilliant smile. Awww (although he shouldn't really push his own thoughts onto Kou)... I feel that he shouldn't push Akane to Kou just to make her happy, because if Kou didn't choose her in the end, she's gonna be heartbroken in the end.
But at the same time, he implied to Akane that Kou & Aoba's relationship is ambiguous. He had also mentioned to Azuma that Kou is probably the one who knows Aoba the best. Hmmm. He's pushing Akane to Kou while seeing Kou and Aoba as a potential pair??

So in the next episode, Kou will be going for his first date with Akane, of all things, to watch Kabuki. Since Kou is a nice guy, he'll go, and I'll be looking forward to how Akane will make her moves and how Aoba and Azuma react to that... Oh manz, when will Aoba and Kou be more true to their own feelings?!?

LOL to Azuma's bro, who first proposed to Ichiyou with his "let's create a happy garden together" line...
cerulean18Dec 13, 2009 1:06 AM
Dec 13, 2009 7:43 PM
Mar 2008
This is getting complicated.
Dec 13, 2009 7:49 PM

Aug 2008
Poor Azuma. He should go have a good cry on Kou's shoulder.
Dec 13, 2009 9:05 PM

Apr 2009
The beginning Christmas thing was SOOOOOOOOOOOOO CUTE <3333

Also... I am glad for them getting married... maybe... lol :D
Dec 13, 2009 9:08 PM

Aug 2008
Oh, yeah...I totally forgot about that.
That was just about the worst proposal in the world. Totally befitting of him though.
Dec 14, 2009 1:23 AM

Dec 2009
more flags towards Aoba, and the author is making people like Akaishi
Expect something is going on?
Dec 14, 2009 1:39 AM

Jan 2008
That was a hilarious proposal.
Dec 14, 2009 2:07 AM

Jul 2008
What a complicated web. At least we know that big brother Azuma and big sister Tsukishima are definite.
Dec 14, 2009 9:04 AM
Nov 2008
Based on the way Aoba was lying unconscious on the mound, a foot injury was about the last thing I expected (or would have expected had it not been for last week's preview). Really? That's it? Way to ruin a perfectly good "holy shit!" moment.

I dislike pushing Azuma towards Aoba, and I think they did a great job of showing why it needs to be Kou-Aoba. Still have no idea where I would want to place Akane. Akaishi would probably be the top candidate on my list...damn, I haven't seen so many A names since Aria!

Oh yeah, and the women's tournament. I love how they make a huge deal out of "this will have a significant impact on your results" in the last episode, yet just about everyone who was dumb enough to challenge the coaches made it.

Worst. Proposal. Ever!
Dec 14, 2009 12:14 PM

Aug 2009
Once again after watching this I'm a little less manly. How long is this going to continue. I'm in despair!

An average episode but the next one looks fun :>
Dec 14, 2009 5:53 PM

Jul 2009
Sorry Azuma but Kou still has the upper hand XD
Lol at the proposal too..somehow i think Ichiyo gonna make things a little harder for him

And Akaishi, get honest..step up a little bit and Akane probably will go for Akaishi XD
Dec 18, 2009 6:12 AM
Jul 2009
I wonder why Akaishi did that.. I think Akane will not fall for Kou anytime soon and the way things are going, looks like it will be Akaishi that gets Akane. (seems like they have been bumping into each other recently). A thumbs-up for Kou. He was the only one that was able to cheer Aoba.
Dec 23, 2009 6:36 AM

Sep 2008
Nice ep =)

Kou: "If you feel like blaming yourself that much, I won't stop you."
Azuma: "C'mon, stop me. You're so cold."
Kou: "Geez." xPP

and Azuma's brother's proposal, rofl!!
Azuma's bro: "Ichiyo-san, will you cultivate together with me, a family garden named "Happiness"?" loool

5/5!

To next ep~~!

When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth.
Dec 31, 2009 8:00 PM

May 2008
well this was ok i wanna see some baseballlllllllllll

Awesome Sig by Lailide
Mar 1, 2010 11:13 PM
Jul 2009
kou and towel drills. i'm delighted to see that it's still being true to real baseball.

That whole time Kou was sleeping Aoba was probably watching him sleep until it got so late.
May 11, 2010 7:56 AM

May 2008
Poor Azuma, he really hasn't got much luck, but I found him rather cute going to the hospital every day and how he's worried about Aoba~~
Jun 13, 2010 2:55 AM

Sep 2009
Haha...that proposal was hilarious. It's a yes, but she'll think about it.
Dec 8, 2010 8:21 AM

Feb 2009
saxophone15 said:
Haha...that proposal was hilarious. It's a yes, but she'll think about it.

I hope she won't reconsider though ^_^

"Only the dead have seen the end of war".
~Plato~
Dec 8, 2010 12:52 PM

Sep 2008
... Props to Azuma's older brother for the lamest worst marriage proposal in history. XD I hope Ichiyo says yes, regardless. (That would mean Aoba and Azuma are related, so there couldn't be a relationship between them, no? >_< )

I wish it was clearer whether or not Akane likes Kou. It seems like she does...

I liked the KouxAoba in this episode. :) As always, Aoba is actually happier after seeing Kou, even though she doesn't admit it... At least the nurse and Azuma can tell~
Sep 9, 2011 6:30 PM
Jul 2018
I think it became very apparent to Azuma at the very end that he stands no chance with Aoba. He's one of my favorite characters, I really hope he reaches Koshien...

Kou/Aoba is one of the best anime relationships I've seen...
Jan 8, 2012 8:29 PM

Oct 2010
SO happy shes not on that team I dont want to see any more of those female players they really ruin the main plot for me
Mar 16, 2012 7:04 AM

Feb 2012
I feel so sorry for Azuma but at this point I don't really mind if he ends with Aoba :3
Jul 6, 2012 4:55 PM

Oct 2009
lmao epic proposal Junpei!! XD
El Psy Congroo

まだまだだね!!!
Aug 15, 2012 12:31 AM

Nov 2011
Oh joy, everyone's favourite 40 second intro is back...
Sep 19, 2012 12:43 PM

Sep 2011
Awesome proposal! Well not really, but it was still awesome! :D
Mar 9, 2014 6:38 AM

Aug 2013
Family garden named happiness? LMAO.

If Kou x Akane doesn't work, I don't mind Akaishi x Akane. The big guy deserves a nice girl like her.
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
May 9, 2014 12:45 AM

Apr 2012
lol fail proposal

Jun 24, 2014 6:54 PM

Aug 2013
Oh dayum, this love polygone will get even more of a mindfuck with Akane inviting Koh to a date. Maybe she's trying to push Aoba to admit her own feeling, pretty much like Wakaba seemed to try doing.

Junpei marriage proposal was freaking hilairous xD
Wonder what that condition will be...

I hope Azuma doesn't stay in that lethargy and will be at his top for the tournament.
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Jan 11, 2015 11:55 PM

Jul 2008
Oh Ichiyou you are so cruel...Senda you are still a moron...and Azuma, time to get your head out of your ass.
Jan 18, 2015 1:08 PM

Jan 2013
Great episode, strange to propose when you haven't even had sex yet.
Also strange that the ball would hit her leg when Azuma always hits upwards.
RediceRyanFeb 1, 2015 10:56 AM
Jan 3, 2016 6:43 AM

Jun 2009
oh, it hit her leg not her head. well, that's okay i guess.

i think it's pretty clear to everyone except kou and aoba that they like each other as more than friends (as quite a few people keep saying that neither of them can be honest with them selves/reveal their true feelings etc...). i also wouldn't be surprised if akaishi ends up with akane although that might be weird for her since he apparently looks like her dead uncle lmao.
Feb 5, 2016 2:28 PM

Nov 2011
I think the reason Akaishi is trying to get Akane and Kou to go out together isn't just so that he can see Akane happy (although that may very well be part of it); it's also to get Kou to confront his own feelings on the matter: Does he have potentially romantic feelings for Aoba, or does he think of her more like he would of a sister? Does his interest in Akane extend beyond the superficial resemblance to Wakaba? So on and so forth.

He might not have seemed like it when we were first introduced to him, but Akaishi has a lot of tact. He's genuinely trying to help. I don't believe he would try to get closer to Akane until he's more certain of Kou's feelings...

Kou is really fortunate to have friends like Akaishi and Azuma. Many people wouldn't be so willing to allow him to sort out his feelings before pursuing whoever they may be interested in.

Of course, it's not all Kou. We don't have a clear perspective of either Aoba's or Akane's feelings on all of this either.

Akaishi's situation aside, it was heartwarming to see Kou cheer Aoba up like that. He really is the friend who understands her the best.
Feb 6, 2017 6:44 AM
Feb 2017
AzureBlues said:
Oh joy, everyone's favourite 40 second intro is back...

Idek why but that comment just cracks me up every time I read it (ok, I do know why) XD
Feb 6, 2017 6:45 AM
Feb 2017
Tensai-Kun said:
Nice ep =)

Kou: "If you feel like blaming yourself that much, I won't stop you."
Azuma: "C'mon, stop me. You're so cold."
Kou: "Geez." xPP

and Azuma's brother's proposal, rofl!!
Azuma's bro: "Ichiyo-san, will you cultivate together with me, a family garden named "Happiness"?" loool

5/5!

To next ep~~!

Haha XD I love these quotes!! Azuma and his bluntness are just too much :P
Aug 9, 2018 5:44 AM

Feb 2013
It's a pity she couldn't take that test because we all know she would have passed it.
Apr 1, 2019 1:06 PM

Sep 2017
I was just wondering about something. If you break a leg, do you have to stay in the hospital in Japan? Normally you get sent home with crutches the same day.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 25, 2020 2:47 PM

Dec 2007
- Mizuki really useless as he is, no wonder he is a filler as I heard, Midori much better character than him.
- Junpei propose to Ahoba.
- Kou remember Ahoba loving his sleeping face.
- Ahoba happy about Kou coming to her only to bring her a glove and hard ball, another sign for her love for him.
- Akanishi really love Akane.
- Akane takes the tickets from Akanishi only to invite Kou to a date following Akanishi recommendation.
- things starting to messing up in the next episodes (in the drama part), though I would love summer to come soon in the anime for he sport part.
Aug 17, 2020 1:30 AM

Jul 2015
Pretty weird proposal of Junpei to Ichiyou there but glad that she said yes...at least sort of...

Kou and Aoba's sleeping scene was pretty cute, feeling sad for Azuma that his love won't work out. Really ship Akaishi and Akane, hopefully Akaishi stops pairing her with Kou.

Oct 20, 2020 7:44 PM

Jan 2014
THAT PROPOSAL WAS HILARIOUS LOL. i thought they baited us or something and he was trying to ask her to build a literal garden with him, but no that was his proposal xDDDD i love how their relationship has come along. i really wish we got to see them kiss or something!!

also, i love azuma. he's such a tragic character, he even said "maybe i'm bad luck" T.T and now he can see that kou and aoba probably belong together... still, it's refreshing to see someone be so upfront about his feelings. he's becoming my fav character for real

PLS LET AKAISHI X AKANE HAPPEN. i don't quite understand why akaishi is pushing akane towards kou but i hope it utterly fails and he gets the girl. i need him to have a happy ending he was so in love with wakaba
Jan 4, 2022 10:38 PM

Jan 2018
I feel bad for Aoba. She broke her leg and can't go to the selection. Something like this was bound to happen though since this whole women's baseball arc is filler.

Yuuhei visiting Aoba in the hospital... kind of reminds me of Touch a bit.

Junpei finally proposed to Ichiyo-nee! Besides her condition, I think this is basically a sealed deal.

Next episode Ko is going on a date with Akane, this is going to be fun.

It's cute that the Nomo drawings submitted were children's drawings. I wonder how many kids watched Cross Game while it was airing? This isn't the type of anime I can see my kid self enjoying.

More topics from this board

» Help: Cross Game filler episodes?

JoNuttanon1994 - Dec 28, 2023

6 by zckfox »»
Dec 28, 2023 5:51 PM

Poll: » Cross Game Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

BlowITA - Apr 12, 2009

66 by -mmdll- »»
Oct 9, 2023 7:43 AM

Poll: » Cross Game Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

fanty - Apr 5, 2009

194 by Ethan348 »»
Jul 3, 2023 3:30 PM

» Cross Game Soundtrack

falph - Apr 5, 2010

8 by StewedBeefHaunch »»
Jun 18, 2023 2:04 PM

Poll: » Cross Game Episode 50 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Mar 27, 2010

279 by animejas »»
Apr 27, 2023 1:45 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.