Forum Settings
Forums

What is the most powerful single mecha in anime?

Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Post New Reply
#1
Sep 12, 2015 9:49 AM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2015
Posts: 713
As I am a rabid Evangelion fan, I would say that Evangelion Unit 01 because A.T. field.
But I have heard that the Jaegers of Attack/Titan are very powerful.
I have also heard (atrocious) comedy shows like Gurren Lagan have absurdly powerful mecha.




Thoughts?
 
#2
Sep 12, 2015 9:50 AM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2015
Posts: 9464
I'm pretty sure a couple of mechs are bigger than the galaxy at the very least.

I don't discuss that kind of things much because it's endless, but a giant armored humanoïd would probably stomp a mecha of roughly the same size, mostly because mechas and even walking tanks are impractical and expensive bullshit.
Modified by Deathko, Sep 12, 2015 9:54 AM
 
#3
Sep 12, 2015 9:52 AM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2015
Posts: 31218
isn't there is mecha that as big as galaxy?
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."
 
#4
Sep 12, 2015 9:53 AM
otaking
Offline
Joined: Mar 2011
Posts: 24909
the ide form ideon
"If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine"

When the union's inspiration through the workers' blood shall run
There can be no power greater anywhere beneath the sun
Yet what force on earth is weaker than the feeble strength of one
For the Union makes us strong
 
#5
Sep 12, 2015 9:55 AM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2015
Posts: 9464
absentminded said:
isn't there is mecha that as big as galaxy?

Don't quote me on this but I'm pretty sure I heard of a mecha bigger than the universe. Shonen scale hehe.
 
#6
Sep 12, 2015 9:55 AM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2014
Posts: 7131
Scavrefamn said:
(atrocious) comedy shows like Gurren Lagan


nice start of the thread


of all mecha I have watched Gurren Lagann has obviously the strongest ones, although Gundam Unicorn and Banshee are pretty fkin powerful too
 
#7
Sep 12, 2015 9:57 AM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2015
Posts: 713
Imaishi said:
Scavrefamn said:
(atrocious) comedy shows like Gurren Lagan


nice start of the thread


of all mecha I have watched Gurren Lagann has obviously the strongest ones, although Gundam Unicorn and Banshee are pretty fkin powerful too


Can comedy shows truly be taken into consideration for something like this ?
 
#8
Sep 12, 2015 9:58 AM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2010
Posts: 1070
Clebardman said:
absentminded said:
isn't there is mecha that as big as galaxy?

Don't quote me on this but I'm pretty sure I heard of a mecha bigger than the universe. Shonen scale hehe.

the one in TTGL

 
#9
Sep 12, 2015 9:58 AM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2015
Posts: 9464
Scavrefamn said:
Can comedy shows truly be taken into consideration for something like this ?


To be honest, you're asking for wich fictionnal mech is the strongest, it's not like it's a very serious topic.
 
Sep 12, 2015 9:59 AM
otaking
Offline
Joined: Mar 2011
Posts: 24909
galimx said:
Clebardman said:

Don't quote me on this but I'm pretty sure I heard of a mecha bigger than the universe. Shonen scale hehe.

the one in TTGL



the ide killed the universe per say
"If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine"

When the union's inspiration through the workers' blood shall run
There can be no power greater anywhere beneath the sun
Yet what force on earth is weaker than the feeble strength of one
For the Union makes us strong
 
Sep 12, 2015 10:00 AM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2010
Posts: 1070
DateYutaka said:
galimx said:

the one in TTGL



the ide killed the universe per say


Really? Never watched it. Is it a good mecha show?
 
Sep 12, 2015 10:02 AM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2014
Posts: 7131
Scavrefamn said:
Imaishi said:


nice start of the thread


of all mecha I have watched Gurren Lagann has obviously the strongest ones, although Gundam Unicorn and Banshee are pretty fkin powerful too


Can comedy shows truly be taken into consideration for something like this ?


It's not just a 'comedy show', little humour doesn't take away from it in any way, it's just really over the top, but I don't see why couldn't it be taken into consideration.
But calling it atrocious was uncalled for, bad way to start a discussion.


Anyways, Evangelion is nowhere near being most powerful, I don't have THAT much experience with mecha, but I have watched a decent number and it seems to be among the weakest.
 
Sep 12, 2015 10:02 AM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2014
Posts: 15454
Turn A Gundam



Its Moonlight Butterfly ability...nuff said~
 
Sep 12, 2015 10:03 AM
otaking
Offline
Joined: Mar 2011
Posts: 24909
Imaishi said:
Scavrefamn said:


Can comedy shows truly be taken into consideration for something like this ?


It's not just a 'comedy show', little humour doesn't take away from it in any way, it's just really over the top, but I don't see why couldn't it be taken into consideration.
But calling it atrocious was uncalled for, bad way to start a discussion.


Anyways, Evangelion is nowhere near being most powerful, I don't have THAT much experience with mecha, but I have watched a decent number and it seems to be among the weakest.



eva are not mecha there Biological based there not machine
"If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine"

When the union's inspiration through the workers' blood shall run
There can be no power greater anywhere beneath the sun
Yet what force on earth is weaker than the feeble strength of one
For the Union makes us strong
 
Sep 12, 2015 10:04 AM
otaking
Offline
Joined: Mar 2011
Posts: 24909
galimx said:
DateYutaka said:


the ide killed the universe per say


Really? Never watched it. Is it a good mecha show?


the movie is better and ideon influenced eva
"If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine"

When the union's inspiration through the workers' blood shall run
There can be no power greater anywhere beneath the sun
Yet what force on earth is weaker than the feeble strength of one
For the Union makes us strong
 
Sep 12, 2015 10:04 AM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2014
Posts: 7131
DateYutaka said:
Imaishi said:


It's not just a 'comedy show', little humour doesn't take away from it in any way, it's just really over the top, but I don't see why couldn't it be taken into consideration.
But calling it atrocious was uncalled for, bad way to start a discussion.


Anyways, Evangelion is nowhere near being most powerful, I don't have THAT much experience with mecha, but I have watched a decent number and it seems to be among the weakest.



eva are not mecha there Biological based there not machine


True, but it is widely known as a mecha show, and them being biological isn't something you know from the very beginning.
 
Sep 12, 2015 10:04 AM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2015
Posts: 713
Imaishi said:
Anyways, Evangelion is nowhere near being most powerful, I don't have THAT much experience with mecha, but I have watched a decent number and it seems to be among the weakest.

I'm willing to accept that. What would you have in mind as a superior mecha? Gundam Epion? One of the Jaegers? a Macross Unit perhaps?

I am reluctant to accept a joke comedy show like Gurren Lagan as any sort of serious contender.
 
Sep 12, 2015 10:06 AM
otaking
Offline
Joined: Mar 2011
Posts: 24909
Imaishi said:
DateYutaka said:



eva are not mecha there Biological based there not machine


True, but it is widely known as a mecha show, and them being biological isn't something you know from the very beginning.


there cyborgs[ androids ] simple as that all official Litrae form the franchise say as much
"If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine"

When the union's inspiration through the workers' blood shall run
There can be no power greater anywhere beneath the sun
Yet what force on earth is weaker than the feeble strength of one
For the Union makes us strong
 
Sep 12, 2015 10:06 AM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2009
Posts: 1407
Demonbane>Super Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann and Getter Emperor>everything else

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews
 
Sep 12, 2015 10:08 AM
otaking
Offline
Joined: Mar 2011
Posts: 24909
_Peksi said:
Demonbane>Super Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann and Getter Emperor>everything else


th ide kills every thing hands down its power s anti lfe and it sentoant too
"If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine"

When the union's inspiration through the workers' blood shall run
There can be no power greater anywhere beneath the sun
Yet what force on earth is weaker than the feeble strength of one
For the Union makes us strong
 
Sep 12, 2015 10:09 AM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2014
Posts: 13359
 
Sep 12, 2015 10:10 AM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2014
Posts: 7131
Scavrefamn said:
Imaishi said:
Anyways, Evangelion is nowhere near being most powerful, I don't have THAT much experience with mecha, but I have watched a decent number and it seems to be among the weakest.

I'm willing to accept that. What would you have in mind as a superior mecha? Gundam Epion? One of the Jaegers? a Macross Unit perhaps?

I am reluctant to accept a joke comedy show like Gurren Lagan as any sort of serious contender.


I'm reluctant to discuss with someone that dismisses Gurren Lagann as a 'joke show' because it's not one. Only makes you look like a dick.

Anyway, most Gundams, Macross (not a valkyrie/vf, although even here I would say they are stronger) Rahxephon, Nirvash (Eureka Seven) just to name a few. In general Evangelion's inability to fly makes it pretty weak contender.
 
Sep 12, 2015 10:13 AM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2011
Posts: 8090
TTGL
 
Sep 12, 2015 10:16 AM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2009
Posts: 1407
DateYutaka said:
_Peksi said:
Demonbane>Super Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann and Getter Emperor>everything else


th ide kills every thing hands down its power s anti lfe and it sentoant too

Elder God Demonbane slaps around gods that annihlate universes on a whim.
STTGL is powerful enought to destroy the whole universe. Getter Emperor can "eat" the whole universe given enough time and it has enough power to destroy it too

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews
 
Sep 12, 2015 10:17 AM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2010
Posts: 880
Imaishi said:
Anyway, most Gundams, Macross (not a valkyrie/vf, although even here I would say they are stronger) Rahxephon, Nirvash (Eureka Seven) just to name a few. In general Evangelion's inability to fly makes it pretty weak contender.
Eva Units can tank nukes and have the penetrating power of one with an A.T Field. Not sure how you reason most Gundams can deal with that.
 
Sep 12, 2015 10:17 AM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2015
Posts: 9464
Imaishi said:
I'm reluctant to discuss with someone that dismisses Gurren Lagann as a 'joke show' because it's not one. Only makes you look like a dick.

Anyway, most Gundams, Macross (not a valkyrie/vf, although even here I would say they are stronger) Rahxephon, Nirvash (Eureka Seven) just to name a few. In general Evangelion's inability to fly makes it pretty weak contender.


Nirvash ? All it does is ram opponents with is board. No AT field, no trapars, an Eva wins hands down in my opinion. Nirvash can flee in plane form that magically doesn't need fuel I guess.
 
Sep 12, 2015 10:18 AM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2015
Posts: 245
Gurren Lagann..... there's just no stopping it
You've done nothing but spout meaningless prattle. - Yukino Yukinoshita.
 
Sep 12, 2015 10:18 AM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2015
Posts: 713
Imaishi said:

I'm reluctant to discuss with someone that dismisses Gurren Lagann as a 'joke show' because it's not one. Only makes you look like a dick.


I'm reluctant to listen to someone that becomes insecure at one of their favorite shows being called what it is. It is a joke comedy show, by the shows own admission even (Ex: The intro shows the tone very clearly). Your lashing out only makes you look like a fanboy rather than just a fan.

That being said, having looked into "Demonbane" mecha, it sounds immeasurably powerful and probably wins the title.
 
Sep 12, 2015 10:18 AM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2014
Posts: 13265
Elder God Demonbane is pretty much one of the strongest anime characters that ever exists, mecha or not.
Gurren Lagann is puny compared to what it can become lmao


 
Sep 12, 2015 10:21 AM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2015
Posts: 9464
Scavrefamn said:
I'm reluctant to listen to someone that becomes insecure at one of their favorite shows being called what it is.

It is a joke comedy show, by the shows own admission even (Ex: The intro shows the tone very clearly). Your lashing out only makes you look like a fanboy rather than just a fan.


Some shows just don't feel like shoving their meaning in your face like NGE. I haven't seen TTGL but I know for sure Kill la Kill is a good example of what I mean.
 
Sep 12, 2015 10:22 AM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2015
Posts: 245
AzureDaora said:
Elder God Demonbane is pretty much one of the strongest anime characters that ever exists, mecha or not.
Gurren Lagann is puny compared to what it can become lmao


Gurren Lagann can probably combine with Demonbane and become even more powerful.
You've done nothing but spout meaningless prattle. - Yukino Yukinoshita.
 
Sep 12, 2015 10:23 AM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2011
Posts: 8309
i was sure that DemonBane was by far the most powerful mecha out there but then this guy showed up

 
Sep 12, 2015 10:23 AM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2010
Posts: 1070
Mecha Cop from Inferno Cop.

/close thread.
 
Sep 12, 2015 10:23 AM
otaking
Offline
Joined: Mar 2011
Posts: 24909
_Peksi said:
DateYutaka said:


th ide kills every thing hands down its power s anti lfe and it sentoant too

Elder God Demonbane slaps around gods that annihlate universes on a whim.
STTGL is powerful enought to destroy the whole universe. Getter Emperor can "eat" the whole universe given enough time and it has enough power to destroy it too


he ide does not need a pilot to show its power the piot so to call it of the ide os more like a person sittng on a bus the ide is fully sentieat it what a eva would be uf eva were not biological but 1000000% more powerfull he killed the whole unvese ffs


the first eva movie pay homage to this not on a less of scale
"If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine"

When the union's inspiration through the workers' blood shall run
There can be no power greater anywhere beneath the sun
Yet what force on earth is weaker than the feeble strength of one
For the Union makes us strong
 
Sep 12, 2015 10:24 AM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2014
Posts: 13359
silversaint said:
i was sure that DemonBane was by far the most powerful mecha out there but then this guy showed up



Dammit, I knew I was forgetting something.
 
Sep 12, 2015 10:25 AM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2009
Posts: 1407
broenheim said:
AzureDaora said:
Elder God Demonbane is pretty much one of the strongest anime characters that ever exists, mecha or not.
Gurren Lagann is puny compared to what it can become lmao


Gurren Lagann can probably combine with Demonbane and become even more powerful.

With Elder God Demonbane, that's like throwing a lit match in to a wildfire. It's not really gonna do anything.

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews
 
Sep 12, 2015 10:25 AM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2010
Posts: 880
Clebardman said:
Some shows just don't feel like shoving their meaning in your face like NGE. I haven't seen TTGL but I know for sure Kill la Kill is a good example of what I mean.
I wouldn't call either exactly subtle.
 
Sep 12, 2015 10:25 AM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2014
Posts: 7131
Scavrefamn said:
Imaishi said:

I'm reluctant to discuss with someone that dismisses Gurren Lagann as a 'joke show' because it's not one. Only makes you look like a dick.


I'm reluctant to listen to someone that becomes insecure at one of their favorite shows being called what it is. It is a joke comedy show, by the shows own admission even (Ex: The intro shows the tone very clearly). Your lashing out only makes you look like a fanboy rather than just a fan.

That being said, having looked into "Demonbane" mecha, it sounds immeasurably powerful and probably wins the title.


How am I being insecure? You start a thread, call a show 'atrocious' and 'joke' (even though you haven't watched it and clearly have no idea what you're talking about) and refuse to accept it for some stupid reason, what do you expect?

galimx said:
Mecha Cop from Inferno Cop.

/close thread.


fuk i forgot about that one, this wins indeed



anyway, this thread reminds me I have to go and finally watch this Demonbane thingy, but its anime is tagged as an ecchi harem? wtf?
 
Sep 12, 2015 10:27 AM
otaking
Offline
Joined: Mar 2011
Posts: 24909
better peart ot draw is the ide acting out is like if sun would go supernova in real world but even more powerful
"If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine"

When the union's inspiration through the workers' blood shall run
There can be no power greater anywhere beneath the sun
Yet what force on earth is weaker than the feeble strength of one
For the Union makes us strong
 
Sep 12, 2015 10:29 AM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2015
Posts: 713
Imaishi said:
How am I being insecure?


By lashing out, you demonstrate your insecurity.

You start a thread, call a show 'atrocious' and 'joke'


Calling it atrocious is my opinion.
Calling it a joke is not my opinion, it is a joke comedy show.... again, the writers/animators/show itself are clearly aware of the satirical nature. The harder you argue against reality, the more of a fanboy you appear to be... but enough of this, there is no need to argue reality as it is apparent to all.
 
Sep 12, 2015 10:30 AM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2014
Posts: 13265
Did some more research, looks like Azatoth is the strongest Mecha.
If that Shirouga thing is part of the Demonbane universe, then he's basically just a part of Azatoth's dream.


 
Sep 12, 2015 10:32 AM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2011
Posts: 8309
Imaishi said:


anyway, this thread reminds me I have to go and finally watch this Demonbane thingy, but its anime is tagged as an ecchi harem? wtf?


nothing surprising about it, Tenchi Muyo has a lot of characters that can crush Tengen Toppa Gurren Laggan with a thought yet the show is a harem as well
 
Sep 12, 2015 10:34 AM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 25356
The worst Gundams and other mobile suits can do is wipe out all life on a planet and only the Divinidad can do that and it's not super practical, Turn A and X can wipe out civilization at best alone. Ideon is stronger than those.


 
Sep 12, 2015 10:34 AM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2009
Posts: 1407
AzureDaora said:
Did some more research, looks like Azatoth is the strongest Mecha.
If that Shirouga thing is part of the Demonbane universe, then he's basically just a part of Azatoth's dream.

Shurouga is from Super Robot Wars. Demonbane also appears in SRW, but I don't recall if they appear in the same continuity

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews
 
Sep 12, 2015 10:37 AM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2015
Posts: 9464
TonyTheme said:
Clebardman said:
Some shows just don't feel like shoving their meaning in your face like NGE. I haven't seen TTGL but I know for sure Kill la Kill is a good example of what I mean.
I wouldn't call either exactly subtle.


I found it to be quite subtle. The show leaves some hints and references that let me think that it's deeper than what the community admits.
 
Sep 12, 2015 10:38 AM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2013
Posts: 22625
silversaint said:
i was sure that DemonBane was by far the most powerful mecha out there but then this guy showed up

[img]http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11120/111202657/4522846-21745_832494630136950_8857865634044068438_n.jpg[/img


There was a Demonbane who beat Shurouga :P
But that shtty ass excuse for a list doesn't properly explain how broken he is.
This one is better.

 
Sep 12, 2015 10:39 AM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2014
Posts: 13265
_Peksi said:
AzureDaora said:
Did some more research, looks like Azatoth is the strongest Mecha.
If that Shirouga thing is part of the Demonbane universe, then he's basically just a part of Azatoth's dream.

Shurouga is from Super Robot Wars. Demonbane also appears in SRW, but I don't recall if they appear in the same continuity
Well it says so in that thing
also, looks like part of it is overhyped: http://www.narutoforums.com/showthread.php?t=1037644
looks like the Supreme God Z is stronger than the mecha, since Shurouga is just a part of the Supreme God Z. So most of it is using wrong powerscaling.

So Elder God Demonbane is still probably stronger.


 
Sep 12, 2015 8:12 PM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 1362
I think this topic should be only mecha that you can actually built with today tech. Would be fair and not landslide.
 
Sep 12, 2015 8:15 PM
Offline
Joined: Jan 2009
Posts: 47965
absentminded said:
isn't there is mecha that as big as galaxy?


yes Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann as well as Super Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann are all bigger than galaxies

they say DemonBane is even stronger than Super Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann so i might watch that anime sometime, but Super Tengen Toppa Gurrren Lagann can create a big bang
 
Sep 12, 2015 8:17 PM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2015
Posts: 11302
galimx said:
Mecha Cop from Inferno Cop.

/close thread.
 
Top
Pages (2) [1] 2 »