Forum Settings
Forums

What is the most powerful single mecha in anime?

Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Post New Reply
Sep 12, 2015 9:49 AM

As I am a rabid Evangelion fan, I would say that Evangelion Unit 01 because A.T. field.
But I have heard that the Jaegers of Attack/Titan are very powerful.
I have also heard (atrocious) comedy shows like Gurren Lagan have absurdly powerful mecha.

Thoughts?

Sep 12, 2015 9:50 AM

I'm pretty sure a couple of mechs are bigger than the galaxy at the very least.

I don't discuss that kind of things much because it's endless, but a giant armored humanoïd would probably stomp a mecha of roughly the same size, mostly because mechas and even walking tanks are impractical and expensive bullshit.
Modified by Deathko, Sep 12, 2015 9:54 AM

Sep 12, 2015 9:52 AM

isn't there is mecha that as big as galaxy?
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."

Sep 12, 2015 9:53 AM
otaking
the ide form ideon
"If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine"

When the union's inspiration through the workers' blood shall run
There can be no power greater anywhere beneath the sun
Yet what force on earth is weaker than the feeble strength of one
For the Union makes us strong

Sep 12, 2015 9:55 AM

absentminded said:

Don't quote me on this but I'm pretty sure I heard of a mecha bigger than the universe. Shonen scale hehe.

Sep 12, 2015 9:55 AM

Scavrefamn said:
(atrocious) comedy shows like Gurren Lagan

nice start of the thread

of all mecha I have watched Gurren Lagann has obviously the strongest ones, although Gundam Unicorn and Banshee are pretty fkin powerful too

Sep 12, 2015 9:57 AM

Imaishi said:
Scavrefamn said:
(atrocious) comedy shows like Gurren Lagan

nice start of the thread

of all mecha I have watched Gurren Lagann has obviously the strongest ones, although Gundam Unicorn and Banshee are pretty fkin powerful too

Can comedy shows truly be taken into consideration for something like this ?

Sep 12, 2015 9:58 AM

Clebardman said:
absentminded said:

Don't quote me on this but I'm pretty sure I heard of a mecha bigger than the universe. Shonen scale hehe.

the one in TTGL

Sep 12, 2015 9:58 AM

Scavrefamn said:

To be honest, you're asking for wich fictionnal mech is the strongest, it's not like it's a very serious topic.

Sep 12, 2015 9:59 AM
otaking
galimx said:
Clebardman said:

the one in TTGL

the ide killed the universe per say
"If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine"

Sep 12, 2015 10:00 AM

DateYutaka said:
galimx said:

the one in TTGL

Really? Never watched it. Is it a good mecha show?

Sep 12, 2015 10:02 AM

Scavrefamn said:
Imaishi said:

nice start of the thread

It's not just a 'comedy show', little humour doesn't take away from it in any way, it's just really over the top, but I don't see why couldn't it be taken into consideration.
But calling it atrocious was uncalled for, bad way to start a discussion.

Anyways, Evangelion is nowhere near being most powerful, I don't have THAT much experience with mecha, but I have watched a decent number and it seems to be among the weakest.

Sep 12, 2015 10:02 AM

Turn A Gundam

Its Moonlight Butterfly ability...nuff said~

Sep 12, 2015 10:03 AM
otaking
Imaishi said:
Scavrefamn said:

It's not just a 'comedy show', little humour doesn't take away from it in any way, it's just really over the top, but I don't see why couldn't it be taken into consideration.

Anyways, Evangelion is nowhere near being most powerful, I don't have THAT much experience with mecha, but I have watched a decent number and it seems to be among the weakest.

eva are not mecha there Biological based there not machine

Sep 12, 2015 10:04 AM
otaking
galimx said:
DateYutaka said:

Really? Never watched it. Is it a good mecha show?

the movie is better and ideon influenced eva

DateYutaka said:
Imaishi said:

True, but it is widely known as a mecha show, and them being biological isn't something you know from the very beginning.

Imaishi said:

I'm willing to accept that. What would you have in mind as a superior mecha? Gundam Epion? One of the Jaegers? a Macross Unit perhaps?

I am reluctant to accept a joke comedy show like Gurren Lagan as any sort of serious contender.

Sep 12, 2015 10:06 AM
otaking
Imaishi said:
DateYutaka said:

True, but it is widely known as a mecha show, and them being biological isn't something you know from the very beginning.

there cyborgs[ androids ] simple as that all official Litrae form the franchise say as much

Sep 12, 2015 10:06 AM

Demonbane>Super Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann and Getter Emperor>everything else

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews

Sep 12, 2015 10:08 AM
otaking
_Peksi said:

th ide kills every thing hands down its power s anti lfe and it sentoant too

Sep 12, 2015 10:09 AM

Sep 12, 2015 10:10 AM

Scavrefamn said:
Imaishi said:

I'm willing to accept that. What would you have in mind as a superior mecha? Gundam Epion? One of the Jaegers? a Macross Unit perhaps?

I am reluctant to accept a joke comedy show like Gurren Lagan as any sort of serious contender.

I'm reluctant to discuss with someone that dismisses Gurren Lagann as a 'joke show' because it's not one. Only makes you look like a dick.

Anyway, most Gundams, Macross (not a valkyrie/vf, although even here I would say they are stronger) Rahxephon, Nirvash (Eureka Seven) just to name a few. In general Evangelion's inability to fly makes it pretty weak contender.

Sep 12, 2015 10:13 AM

TTGL

Sep 12, 2015 10:16 AM

DateYutaka said:
_Peksi said:

Elder God Demonbane slaps around gods that annihlate universes on a whim.
STTGL is powerful enought to destroy the whole universe. Getter Emperor can "eat" the whole universe given enough time and it has enough power to destroy it too

Sep 12, 2015 10:17 AM

Imaishi said:
Anyway, most Gundams, Macross (not a valkyrie/vf, although even here I would say they are stronger) Rahxephon, Nirvash (Eureka Seven) just to name a few. In general Evangelion's inability to fly makes it pretty weak contender.
Eva Units can tank nukes and have the penetrating power of one with an A.T Field. Not sure how you reason most Gundams can deal with that.

Sep 12, 2015 10:17 AM

Imaishi said:
I'm reluctant to discuss with someone that dismisses Gurren Lagann as a 'joke show' because it's not one. Only makes you look like a dick.

Nirvash ? All it does is ram opponents with is board. No AT field, no trapars, an Eva wins hands down in my opinion. Nirvash can flee in plane form that magically doesn't need fuel I guess.

Sep 12, 2015 10:18 AM

Gurren Lagann..... there's just no stopping it
You've done nothing but spout meaningless prattle. - Yukino Yukinoshita.

Imaishi said:

I'm reluctant to listen to someone that becomes insecure at one of their favorite shows being called what it is. It is a joke comedy show, by the shows own admission even (Ex: The intro shows the tone very clearly). Your lashing out only makes you look like a fanboy rather than just a fan.

That being said, having looked into "Demonbane" mecha, it sounds immeasurably powerful and probably wins the title.

Elder God Demonbane is pretty much one of the strongest anime characters that ever exists, mecha or not.
Gurren Lagann is puny compared to what it can become lmao

Sep 12, 2015 10:21 AM

Scavrefamn said:
I'm reluctant to listen to someone that becomes insecure at one of their favorite shows being called what it is.

It is a joke comedy show, by the shows own admission even (Ex: The intro shows the tone very clearly). Your lashing out only makes you look like a fanboy rather than just a fan.

Some shows just don't feel like shoving their meaning in your face like NGE. I haven't seen TTGL but I know for sure Kill la Kill is a good example of what I mean.

Sep 12, 2015 10:22 AM

AzureDaora said:
Elder God Demonbane is pretty much one of the strongest anime characters that ever exists, mecha or not.

Gurren Lagann can probably combine with Demonbane and become even more powerful.
You've done nothing but spout meaningless prattle. - Yukino Yukinoshita.

Sep 12, 2015 10:23 AM

i was sure that DemonBane was by far the most powerful mecha out there but then this guy showed up

Mecha Cop from Inferno Cop.

/close thread.

otaking
_Peksi said:
DateYutaka said:

Elder God Demonbane slaps around gods that annihlate universes on a whim.
STTGL is powerful enought to destroy the whole universe. Getter Emperor can "eat" the whole universe given enough time and it has enough power to destroy it too

he ide does not need a pilot to show its power the piot so to call it of the ide os more like a person sittng on a bus the ide is fully sentieat it what a eva would be uf eva were not biological but 1000000% more powerfull he killed the whole unvese ffs

the first eva movie pay homage to this not on a less of scale

Sep 12, 2015 10:24 AM

silversaint said:
i was sure that DemonBane was by far the most powerful mecha out there but then this guy showed up

Dammit, I knew I was forgetting something.

Sep 12, 2015 10:25 AM

broenheim said:
AzureDaora said:

Gurren Lagann can probably combine with Demonbane and become even more powerful.

With Elder God Demonbane, that's like throwing a lit match in to a wildfire. It's not really gonna do anything.

Clebardman said:
Some shows just don't feel like shoving their meaning in your face like NGE. I haven't seen TTGL but I know for sure Kill la Kill is a good example of what I mean.
I wouldn't call either exactly subtle.

Scavrefamn said:
Imaishi said:

I'm reluctant to listen to someone that becomes insecure at one of their favorite shows being called what it is. It is a joke comedy show, by the shows own admission even (Ex: The intro shows the tone very clearly). Your lashing out only makes you look like a fanboy rather than just a fan.

That being said, having looked into "Demonbane" mecha, it sounds immeasurably powerful and probably wins the title.

How am I being insecure? You start a thread, call a show 'atrocious' and 'joke' (even though you haven't watched it and clearly have no idea what you're talking about) and refuse to accept it for some stupid reason, what do you expect?

galimx said:

/close thread.

fuk i forgot about that one, this wins indeed

anyway, this thread reminds me I have to go and finally watch this Demonbane thingy, but its anime is tagged as an ecchi harem? wtf?

Sep 12, 2015 10:27 AM
otaking
better peart ot draw is the ide acting out is like if sun would go supernova in real world but even more powerful

Sep 12, 2015 10:29 AM

Imaishi said:
How am I being insecure?

By lashing out, you demonstrate your insecurity.

You start a thread, call a show 'atrocious' and 'joke'

Calling it atrocious is my opinion.
Calling it a joke is not my opinion, it is a joke comedy show.... again, the writers/animators/show itself are clearly aware of the satirical nature. The harder you argue against reality, the more of a fanboy you appear to be... but enough of this, there is no need to argue reality as it is apparent to all.

Sep 12, 2015 10:30 AM

Did some more research, looks like Azatoth is the strongest Mecha.
If that Shirouga thing is part of the Demonbane universe, then he's basically just a part of Azatoth's dream.

Sep 12, 2015 10:32 AM

Imaishi said:

anyway, this thread reminds me I have to go and finally watch this Demonbane thingy, but its anime is tagged as an ecchi harem? wtf?

nothing surprising about it, Tenchi Muyo has a lot of characters that can crush Tengen Toppa Gurren Laggan with a thought yet the show is a harem as well

Sep 12, 2015 10:34 AM

The worst Gundams and other mobile suits can do is wipe out all life on a planet and only the Divinidad can do that and it's not super practical, Turn A and X can wipe out civilization at best alone. Ideon is stronger than those.

Sep 12, 2015 10:34 AM

AzureDaora said:
If that Shirouga thing is part of the Demonbane universe, then he's basically just a part of Azatoth's dream.

Shurouga is from Super Robot Wars. Demonbane also appears in SRW, but I don't recall if they appear in the same continuity

Sep 12, 2015 10:37 AM

TonyTheme said:
Clebardman said:
I wouldn't call either exactly subtle.

I found it to be quite subtle. The show leaves some hints and references that let me think that it's deeper than what the community admits.

Sep 12, 2015 10:38 AM

silversaint said:

[img]http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11120/111202657/4522846-21745_832494630136950_8857865634044068438_n.jpg[/img

There was a Demonbane who beat Shurouga :P
But that shtty ass excuse for a list doesn't properly explain how broken he is.
This one is better.

Sep 12, 2015 10:39 AM

_Peksi said:
AzureDaora said:

Shurouga is from Super Robot Wars. Demonbane also appears in SRW, but I don't recall if they appear in the same continuity
Well it says so in that thing
also, looks like part of it is overhyped: http://www.narutoforums.com/showthread.php?t=1037644
looks like the Supreme God Z is stronger than the mecha, since Shurouga is just a part of the Supreme God Z. So most of it is using wrong powerscaling.

So Elder God Demonbane is still probably stronger.

Sep 12, 2015 8:12 PM

I think this topic should be only mecha that you can actually built with today tech. Would be fair and not landslide.

Sep 12, 2015 8:15 PM
absentminded said:

yes Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann as well as Super Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann are all bigger than galaxies

they say DemonBane is even stronger than Super Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann so i might watch that anime sometime, but Super Tengen Toppa Gurrren Lagann can create a big bang

Sep 12, 2015 8:17 PM

galimx said:

/close thread.

Pages (2) [1] 2 »