Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (18) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Sep 12, 2015 11:36 AM

Mar 2013
I hate that girl who did that to Yuu. At the very least, I'm happy it turned out it wasn't cute iinchou Nomura who stabbed him. Thought she was a bit too ugly to be Nomura.

So where do Yusa/Misa and Takajou stand in this? I hope we get significant screen time of them next episode...
この妖怪め…何度背後に立とうが俺はこの川原から立ち退くつもりはない。逆に俺が貴様を追い払…なにその顔? 
ああ…前回失礼な事して、俺に睨まれたモンだから気に病んでるのか?心配御無用。男子高校生は傷つけられるのは慣れっこッス

Sep 12, 2015 11:38 AM

Feb 2015
The kind of shit people eat up because 'muh feels.' This show's a fucking circus.
Sep 12, 2015 11:38 AM

May 2012
There are so many problems in this episode that one long post isn't going to cut it. Time to make a video.
Sep 12, 2015 11:39 AM

May 2012
devinder said:
The kind of shit people eat up because 'muh feels.' This show's a fucking circus.

lol agreed.
Sep 12, 2015 11:40 AM

Jun 2013
devinder said:

Much like, here cry and shit so that you won't care about the stuff that's wrong with the plot and all.
Sep 12, 2015 11:41 AM

Jun 2015
devinder said:

Sep 2012
Tokoya said:
Her being left like that can be seen as a tactic as well considering all of the implications that you could get from the scene which in turn would make whomever it is that cares about her to go batshit crazy with anger thus playing into the enemies hands

What an pathetic excuse you are trying to make for a pointless scene, because she was wearing full clothes in the last scenes. If kidnappers were going for provoking then what was the point of dressing her again?

Jul 2015
I think I processed something. After reading some comments, I understand why Nao was left like that. Well, now I think that I liked this episode, but it's still rushed and brutal.

Mar 2012
They stripped Nao but not Kumgagami? I'd understand if they stripped both of them but just Nao? That just ruined the serious mood for me, otherwise Kumagami!!!!! I knew that previous episode was too good to be true. I wonder how they're gonna solve everything in 2 episodes
Sep 12, 2015 11:42 AM
Luny Tunes

Feb 2012
Now I understand why the anime's title is "Charlotte". :o

But dahm! Shit hit the fan real hard in this episode! And Pooh is gone... :( But that beefed up thug is nowhere to be found when the Collapse happened. He better not leap in for an ambush in next episode! Someone beat him up too, please?

If anything tragic happens in the remaining episodes, Yuu won't be able to time leap to restore everything. Can an eye transplant help him regain his time leap ability?
Sep 12, 2015 11:42 AM

May 2015
metsujin said:
potatohun said:
Was I the only one thinking that Yuu doesn't have the time-leap ability in this timeline? Thus, he wasn't able to time-leap.

I know, it's probably because his other eye was slashed by yet another loli. Heck, even Shunsuke said that.
But idk man, I just think that that's the case here. I'm super wrong tho since this is like, confirmed (that he cant leap cuz 1 eye) but oh well.
Crossing my fingers for this cuz I want him to go back in time and fix stuff
damn it maeda i am in a state of shock rn i should be sleeping tbh

That wouldn't make any sense?? Because he wouldn't have the other abilities as well??

Well, Yuu traveled back in time 2 days before his sister died. By that time, he already has telekinesis, and some other abilities he looted b4. And as far as i remember, he hasnt really stole any "specific" ability during the time before and after his sister died. So that doesnt really matter
mao666Sep 12, 2015 11:49 AM
Sep 12, 2015 11:43 AM

Mar 2015
It's times like these that I realize I'd never be a good film critic.

The episode was intense and it definitely kept me occupied. I was so upset by the torture and death of Pooh. Some argue it was too much, and maybe for a show which hasn't been too violent, it was. I thought it was dramatic and it got the point across.

But now after the episode, I think about how much they stuffed into this episode. It was very high paced. It was almost like it was looking for something new to hook the audience. (This reminds me to when Yu regained his memories a few episodes ago). It became interesting really interesting, but after the fact, I get worried.

I loved LOST when it aired, but it did the same thing where it would throw a lot at you to give you those "unexpected developments" which were great while you watch them, but then... the more you do, the more you have to explain. With only 2 episodes left, I don't want the show to find itself backed into a corner where there are TOO many things left unanswered. I do still have a lot of questions.

I will say though, I loved how self aware Yu was in this episode, saying he knows how selfish he is. I wish they could have drawn that out more. And yes, I wish the other characters had more development.

I have no idea if anything I said has any meaning or relevance. I don't care, I still enjoyed the episode because that's what I watch anime for - to enjoy it. Which is why I could never be a film critic because I could never repeatedly watch something, knowing I'm going to pick it apart. But that's just me!
Sep 12, 2015 11:48 AM

Apr 2015
So they wasted 5 complete episodes just so yuu can steal powers and use them for less than 2 seconds later on? They should've spread out this sad excuse of a plot into several episodes instead of all this mess happening in one

Apr 2014
This show is such a fucking trainwreck, it's hilarious.

Jan 2015
Inferno_Cop said:
Tokoya said:
Her being left like that can be seen as a tactic as well considering all of the implications that you could get from the scene which in turn would make whomever it is that cares about her to go batshit crazy with anger thus playing into the enemies hands

What an pathetic excuse you are trying to make for a pointless scene, because she was wearing full clothes in the last scenes. If kidnappers were going for provoking then what was the point of dressing her again?

Watch it again; Nao was most certainly not fully clothed in the last scene.
MALoween 2017 Candy:

Jul 2015
raveninthemuddle said:
Yuu_vi_Britannia said:
that hell happened
completely crazy episode

Yup, P.A. Works can now go FUCK itself. Ten years of effort now is totally ruined. Just why the hell Nao has to be stripped down to her underwear? I guess keeping her pajama just wasn't enough to show how brutal and dire of the situation is. And yes this episode sucks ball like the previous ten episodes. I guess 400 years ago the comet only selectively infected girls, it must have upgraded itself during the 16th passes around the Sun.

And if you want some useful advice, please double check your dialogue especially during an exposition, "Explaining how Yuu and the teenagers got their powers." Yuu's brother"That means you, Yuu" No shit, captain obvious.
exactly.

Aug 2014
The feels when the light left Pooh's eyes....

Sep 12, 2015 11:50 AM

Nov 2012
meh,
Hopefully, there won't be any kid whose power they will use to make the vaccine for their "powers."

I am actually glad for the way this episode ended up.....
Nov 2013
That was... intense.

Few questions came to mind
- Why was Nao stripped to her underwear. Was she raped beforehand by those f'ers?
- Who is the girl with the knife, and what was that blinding light? Ability? Tool? If it was an ability, does that means, those foreigners have ability wielders working for them?
- Why didn't Yu just plummet those guys from up there to the ground when he took over their bodies? That height would mostly kill them, if not, severely injure them.

And that ending. Grrr.

Somewhere, I hoped Nao was also dead. Not because I dislike her, but because if she died there as well, there had to be a method for yu to travel back in time, and have them both saved. But as it is now, I'm afraid we won't be seeing Pooh back soon.

Nov 2011
Dayum that was intense o_o

also those foreign guys were so prepared
Sep 12, 2015 11:51 AM

Jul 2015
curiousheathy said:
It's times like these that I realize I'd never be a good film critic.

The episode was intense and it definitely kept me occupied. I was so upset by the torture and death of Pooh. Some argue it was too much, and maybe for a show which hasn't been too violent, it was. I thought it was dramatic and it got the point across.

But now after the episode, I think about how much they stuffed into this episode. It was very high paced. It was almost like it was looking for something new to hook the audience. (This reminds me to when Yu regained his memories a few episodes ago). It became interesting really interesting, but after the fact, I get worried.

I loved LOST when it aired, but it did the same thing where it would throw a lot at you to give you those "unexpected developments" which were great while you watch them, but then... the more you do, the more you have to explain. With only 2 episodes left, I don't want the show to find itself backed into a corner where there are TOO many things left unanswered. I do still have a lot of questions.

I will say though, I loved how self aware Yu was in this episode, saying he knows how selfish he is. I wish they could have drawn that out more. And yes, I wish the other characters had more development.

Nice comment here. I have a lot of questions too, like why those girls beat in Nao in episode 5. I'm very worried too, because there's still some plot holes and only 2 episodes left. But since we don't have any idea of what's going to happen, I have some hopes.
Sep 12, 2015 11:52 AM

Jul 2015
dont know how to say this but the whole "Charlotte" thing is.... wtf

i feel for ayumi only as for kumagami? no

so this is how it end ? no good at all

lets see the last 2 episode..

Aug 2012
For the first time i'm gonna say this in this series.

I hate this episode its kinda random for me or maybe because of the pacing =.= !

Aug 2014
Why!? I was starting to like Pooh! He died a hero's death protecting Nao. And now that Yuu can't time leap nor plunder anymore, things are going to get interesting.

If Evangelion were Rokka no Yuusha the seventh would be Shinji.
Sep 12, 2015 11:53 AM

Apr 2015
ANTAGONIST OUT OF NOWHERE.
Sep 12, 2015 11:54 AM

Jan 2013
WHY DID KUMAGAMI HAVE TO DIE?!?! He was such a cool character ._.

Sep 12, 2015 11:57 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
Temera1re said:
Tokoya said:
Somebody didn't pay attention huh

youre the one who don't pay enough attention or just watch thing with brain off...
put everything in risk and even more for the family of one guy....

Antanaru said:
Still, what a badly written scene. I'm pretty sure he would unconsciously attack the caped girl first instead of these guys. You know, the one that attacked him, was right next to him and posed a threat.
yeah, that's my thought.
I'm guessing you missed the part about them not even knowing who this guy's family even is yet alone what they look like

And I'm also guessing that you missed the part where they said that for them to even prevent the dude from getting blackmailed they'd have to go back to way before they even made that hideout which in turn would cause a shit ton of problems and changes that they can't afford to go through
Sep 12, 2015 11:58 AM

May 2015
Iritails said:
Kumagami had no death flag. None!

Does his hair not count?

Yea, he's not a mom though. But still
mao666Sep 12, 2015 12:12 PM
Sep 12, 2015 11:58 AM

Jun 2013
If this anime had more episodes it would've been much better...
Sep 12, 2015 11:59 AM

Dec 2010

I think this picture is relevant now. They'll mix and mash up their eyes and save the world by time leaping. Its obvious AF now. Eye transplant/holding our hands together and leaping time is upon us now :3

This show is such a rushed, squished wreck. I refuse to think too deeply, so i'll pretend like i'm hurt/shocked/saddened by Kumagami's death, just like i pretended when Ayumi died. Lel
"If you don't love anyone, it'll make your life easier. But, I don't want to believe it's useless to love anyone" - Hikari Sakishima
Sep 12, 2015 12:00 PM

Jul 2010
I'll just pretend Charlotte ended at episode 10
オタクなんじゃねぃよ
I'm not an otaku.
Sep 12, 2015 12:01 PM

Jun 2015
metsujin said:
If this anime had more episodes it would've been much better...

Maybe.
Sep 12, 2015 12:04 PM

Mar 2012
Raz1515 said:
So they wasted 5 complete episodes just so yuu can steal powers and use them for less than 2 seconds later on? They should've spread out this sad excuse of a plot into several episodes instead of all this mess happening in one

Like Nao explained in the previous episode

including Yuu who needed to understand that.
Sep 12, 2015 12:05 PM

Oct 2007
metsujin said:
devinder said:

Much like, here cry and shit so that you won't care about the stuff that's wrong with the plot and all.

If it works for people it works I guess. I bet this show sells like thousands of Blu-Rays.
Sep 12, 2015 12:07 PM
Jul 2018

I hope there's a season 2. Who are these foreigners though? o_o
Sep 12, 2015 12:08 PM

Apr 2014
The feel is real in this one. T_T RIP Kumagami.
Damn, why those two still alive? Should have just kill them when he take over their body...
Nao is okay, but Kumagami...and Yuu is hurt as well, damn those greedy old man!
Sep 12, 2015 12:08 PM

Mar 2009
This was bad. At first it was evil scientists, which was already nonsense. But now it's foreign terrorists? C'mon. That's fucking bullshit. This show is the anime equivalent to and edgy teenager who talks about killing himself, but only does it for attention. I don't doubt nothing that happened this episode will end up being truly relevant.

10/10 it's a fucking trainwreck.
Sep 12, 2015 12:13 PM

Jun 2011
potatohun said:
Iritails said:
Kumagami had no death flag. None!

Does his hair not count?

lol
Sep 12, 2015 12:15 PM

Sep 2013
You would think they'd have a healer :(
Sep 12, 2015 12:16 PM

Jun 2015
Intereo said:
potatohun said:

Does his hair not count?

lol

Hahaha
Sep 12, 2015 12:16 PM

Feb 2012
SO MUCH HAPPENED.

I like where they were going with this but it was far too much for one episode, felt insanely rushed
Sep 12, 2015 12:18 PM

Jul 2014
Tokoya said:
I'm guessing you missed the part about them not even knowing who this guy's family even is yet alone what they look like.

And I'm also guessing that you missed the part where they said that for them to even prevent the dude from getting blackmailed they'd have to go back to way before they even made that hideout which in turn would cause a shit ton of problems and changes that they can't afford to go through

Sorry, but is obviously that you don't have two brain cell to thing about it yourself and prefer just eat what the show is telling you.
Sep 12, 2015 12:18 PM

Jul 2008
thebrentinator24 said:
And did anyone else think it was weird how they just felt the need to strip Nao before tying her up like that? Nice fanservice lol.

They probably used some torture on her too (like freezing, humiliating, beating, etc.), though they may also wanted to take care that she didn't have at racking device or microphone hidden (as many hours would have passed since people noticed his disappearance).

Though to be honest, both Kumagami and Nao had way too many clothes on them for a torture session.

raveninthemuddle said:
As if we wouldn't get how dangerous the situation is if we don't see Nao in her underwear? Oh yeah, they also have that guy got tortured and his nails picked off by someone speaking engrish, how sensible. It's senseless, over-the-top and silly.

Both Kumagami and Nao should be in much, much worse condition than they were shown here, so there is pointless in this.
Sep 12, 2015 12:22 PM

Sep 2013
Nao was obviously raped but they can't show it.
Sep 12, 2015 12:22 PM

May 2013
I'm gonna miss Kumagami.
Sep 12, 2015 12:23 PM

May 2015
Equitum said:
On another note, have Takajou and Yusa faded completely into irrelevance now? They weren't even in this episode. How come Nao was taken and not them too?

Ikr. Even The loli yandere had a bigger role than those 3 (counting misa) combined.
Sep 12, 2015 12:28 PM

Sep 2010
Yuu_vi_Britannia said:

a failure
less than 5k

lol good premises poor execution and writing not surprising. This series did have some good moments though although most of the series was mediocre at best.

incoming dues ex machina prepare thyselves~

This is one of the better episodes tbh.
"What has two arms, two legs, and is alive? Not your favorite character lol! xD"
Sep 12, 2015 12:29 PM

Jul 2014
That was nice to see the first episode Yuu again, not a typical shounen protagonist who has changed thanks to the power of friendship and will zettai save his nakama. I think I would freak out, too. There were way too many things which could go wrong. I'm honestly surprised they decided to take that risk instead of sacrificing that guy's family.

On a different note, am I the only one who felt something off back then in their hideout? I guess I'm still bothered by the removal of Yuu's and Ayumi's memories. It doesn't seem right. At this point it looks like it was made for the sake of viewers only. But I can't really see Shunsuke as the enemy.
HimadayoSep 12, 2015 12:34 PM
"If they say there is no chance of victory, she will create one with her own sword."
The avatar picture was made by おみず on Twitter.
Sep 12, 2015 12:30 PM
Jun 2015
Cool didnt expect things to be that bad lol.

Charlotte is the comet we also got an explanation on how people started get their abilities.

We finally get to see what Shun's goal was.So turns out the guy and his gang were not evil on the contrary they did everything they could for the good of the ability users.
Sad to see kumagami dying like that,he was a cool dude.
We also got to see who the villains of the story really are after 10 episodes lol.

Still some things left unexplained/or found them silly funny :
1) Why Yuu remembers stuff from other timelines.Seems shun does not know or cant explain.Guessing next episodes we gonna see something relevant with sala hopefully.Who knows maybe Maeda does not know how to explain it anyway.
2) Why Yuu did not ask anything before he got told it was impossible?Before he time leaped didnt he found it strange???
Not only for his memories from other timelines but also why kumagami acted like he knew what he remembered??
I think this is gonna be left out as plot hole for sure.
3) Anyone else found it funny that Nao was in her underwear but when she was saved she was dressed?lol.So kumagami set himself free somehow Houdini style after been tortured almost to death dressed nao and placed himself to protect her while the building was falling down LMAO
4)What Yuu did was STUPID AF............You got a girl that just stabbed you next to you and you use telekinesis to attack the 2 guys far away from you who also happen to be unarmed??Really WTF??attack the girl that can cut you down maybe?what was the reason to do something so stupid....plot convenience or what.
5) About the romance i think its safe to say that with just 2 episodes remaining it prolly gonna be a forced pairing or open ending with some feelings implied at least from nao's side.
6)Also whats the point of making a vaccine for ability users.How are they gonna launch it to the market and who would actually pay to use it. Any goverment/research institute either it is japanese or from any other country in the world wont bother getting rid of superhuman abilities......military/medical research etc......Their end goal does not make much sense.

P.S : This is like the 3rd in the row anime i watch and has evil foreighners as antagonists.Is it like a trend or something?
Also doesnt the MC seem abit of useless in the story.I mean except his ability to steal,he is quite useless in general.Shun and his gang even Nao have been more usefull and suffered way more for the ability users.The mc is just a random guy that messed things up.(the only thing he did right was save his sister but he never did anything for other people dunno if it makes much sense)
Sep 12, 2015 12:30 PM

Dec 2013
What the actual fuck? I'd rather they just go star gazing for the rest of the series
Stay in yesterday 時を止めて
Pages (18) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Charlotte Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 29, 2015

649 by MsBorsh »»
Apr 21, 11:49 AM

» Yuu's Ability

PenguinLam - Apr 18

37 by Yeshaiah2015yesh »»
Apr 21, 8:27 AM

Poll: » Charlotte Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Sakaitsu - Jul 4, 2015

652 by MsBorsh »»
Apr 21, 4:34 AM

Poll: » Charlotte Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 26, 2015

886 by KumaGetsu »»
Apr 18, 10:21 PM

Poll: » Charlotte Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 22, 2015

459 by Tsunamii_ »»
Apr 6, 4:08 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.