Forum Settings
Forums
New
Sep 11, 2015 11:50 PM
Apr 2015

Saw this on my news feed yesterday.

What do you guys think?

Video link here

Okay, just realized I didn't write anything.

I just hope this game won't need constant internet connection. I'd be kinda cool though if you can encounter, for example, water pokemons only when you are near a body of water.

That said, I don't know much as of now as I didn't bother looking into it. The idea is nice but feels a bit shaky to me.

I won't be affected when a fallout happens, so why not. I'll just try it out and if it works out, then good.
YhneiilSep 12, 2015 4:55 AM

Sep 11, 2015 11:52 PM

Jun 2011
It's shit.
Sep 12, 2015 12:05 AM

Feb 2015
Narmy said:
It's shit.
Sep 12, 2015 12:07 AM

Jan 2013
... nobody is going to give this the time of day because it's 10 years too late I think. It's the kind of thing I'd like to see happen, but it relies too much on travelling. This economy (North America's anyway) doesn't really allow you to travel very far very often, so I don't see it becoming a very big entertainment.
Sep 12, 2015 1:31 AM

Dec 2014
If you see the last few second of the video. You'd know the trailer is a lie.
Signature removed. Check your inbox
Sep 12, 2015 4:05 AM

Sep 2013
If the game relies heavily on the in-app purchases then it's not worth it.
Sep 12, 2015 4:12 AM

Dec 2014
natsucule said:
If the game relies heavily on the in-app purchases then it's not worth it.

Join reddit r/anime community!
Sep 12, 2015 4:13 AM

Jul 2014
Syrup- said:
... nobody is going to give this the time of day because it's 10 years too late I think.

I share this sentiment. Pokemon GO feels like something that could have been a big hit in the early 2000's. It comes across as a product that belongs in a different era despite being so "modern." You could almost picture it on a GBA, sans the improved grafix and other functionalities.

Besides,
Has a mobile spin-off ever worked out for any series? Ever? This is very daring by Nintendo.
Sep 12, 2015 4:42 AM

Aug 2014
Sep 12, 2015 9:28 AM

Jan 2013
You guys calling bullshit are complete retards
http://www.pokemon.com/us/pokemon-video-games/pokemon-go/
at least give something a cursory google search before you start spouting nonsense.

Latent said:
You could almost picture it on a GBA, sans the improved grafix and other functionalities.
Remember the Pokewalker? That was pretty fun for my family, but I don't remember many people using it for very long. It just became a nuisance. That was completely free and came packaged with the game.

Also imagine being an office worker or something, wearing that bracelet, and all of a sudden *BEEP BEEP* Pokemon battle!
--in the middle of an important meeting

Just seems like something you would want to wear almost all the time, but wouldn't be able to.

Latent said:
I share this sentiment. Pokemon GO feels like something that could have been a big hit in the early 2000's.
Yeah. This would've been the perfect thing for 80s kids entering their late teens, as they were the main playerbase for the original games. The 80s kids grew up with all sorts of really cool shit like the Digiwalker and other weird gimmicks. This wouldn't have been weird to them and they probably would've tried it out because it's the most advanced technique to date. Marketing it towards the 90s kids and the 80s kids who probably have long since abandoned Pokemon just isn't going to work as well for them, especially when these kinds of tricks are lack-luster compared to a lot of today's games and technological tricks.
Syrup-Sep 12, 2015 9:33 AM

More topics from this board

» Do you guys enjoy fighting games? ( 1 2 )

Dumb - Feb 11

51 by juanlqr »»
2 hours ago

» Favorite gaming cover art?

_Nette_ - 5 hours ago

0 by _Nette_ »»
5 hours ago

» What is your favorite Elder Scrolls game?

Ex-Aid - Yesterday

4 by _Nette_ »»
6 hours ago

» Is MAL ever going to update it's UI?

Pineapplepirate - Dec 19, 2020

31 by Timeline_man »»
9 hours ago

» Rate The Last Game You Finished. ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Crzy_Minus - Apr 23, 2015

3719 by creepylurker »»
Yesterday, 2:02 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.