Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums

Senki Zesshou Symphogear GX: Believe in Justice and Hold a Determination to Fist. Episode 11 Discussion

New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 11, 2015 11:52 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
YES! ARTEMIS SPIRAL.

Right into the chest, I like how Chris nailed it with that attack.

Nope, I don't feel bad for what happened to the doctor this episode. Tbh, he had it coming with that backstab. One other thing that's interesting is how Hibiki's father shows care to protect his daughter by risking his own life. Very inspiring.

Thought the action was neat too. Carol's fighting power is pretty damn strong...
Stark700Sep 11, 2015 1:19 PM
Sep 11, 2015 1:30 PM
SG-r03 Gungnir

Dec 2008
It keeps getting better and better. But it's sad that there's only 2 episodes left though. ;_;
Sep 11, 2015 2:02 PM

Aug 2010
Carol's song was really cool! I friggin love her string fighting style. So creative. I like it more than Doffy's string abilities :P

And good for Hibiki I guess making up with her dad.
Sep 11, 2015 2:39 PM
Jul 2018
Just what is their mom up to now? -_-
Sep 11, 2015 3:32 PM

Mar 2008
Of course Carol has a song and it's a love song about genocide XD. She's a terrible person, but such a fun villain. There's a good balance of being warped, but also calculating that really works.

I think the character arc for Hibiki and her father really paid off nicely. Again this guy is a good balance between an unreliable coward and actually a good person.

The song was good this week, Chris blasting away Lieur's 'little sister' with that massive arrow/missile was awesome, and the intensity picked up. A really darn good episode in my mind.
Sep 11, 2015 3:37 PM

Jan 2008
streamington_ said:

BEHOLD!!!!! THE POWER OF ALCHEMY!
Sep 11, 2015 3:46 PM

Mar 2011
I kinda guessed that everything in the end would be daijobu with Hibiki's father.
But oh God Carol's song... before this chapter I was like it's either Carol or Elfnein the one who would be the secret character song, but Carol's song is so epic.
So sad we are at 2 episodes more.

Next season: the season of the mother's issues.
I'm predicting it.
Sep 11, 2015 4:55 PM

Sep 2008
ultracarl said:
streamington_ said:

BEHOLD!!!!! THE POWER OF ALCHEMY!

INB4 Kanade is around too.

Pretty sure that Dr. Ver is alive. Nobody is dead until a corpse is seen (or in symphogear, until it evaporates into ashes)

These goddamn cliffhangers man. Week after week of suffering till the next episode.

Like Miku before her, Carol stole the fucking show with her song. As expected of a song composed by the deaths of herself and the autoscorers. Hard to tell without hearing the whole song but it might be my favorite this season (sorry Airgetlam!).
ThespacepopeSep 11, 2015 4:59 PM
Sep 11, 2015 5:08 PM

Sep 2014
>until it evaporates into ashes

Zombie Kanade is still a very real possibility. Sora E hasn't been played yet
Sep 11, 2015 8:48 PM

Apr 2015
Goten_ssj3 said:
It keeps getting better and better. But it's sad that there's only 2 episodes left though. ;_;

There will be no use of this world after GX ends.
befriend (v.): To violently attack someone with very dangerous and extremely powerful blasts of magical pink light until your target sees the validity of your viewpoint.
Sep 11, 2015 8:50 PM

Oct 2013
I can already see episode 13 in the Horizon:
Eveyybody is already beaten up by Carol, M.o.m and their Moving Castle. But Kanade and Serena appear to save them.
Why? because no one really dies in Symphogear!!!
this season is a total 10/10
Sep 11, 2015 9:08 PM

Apr 2015
Zahylon said:

Why? because no one really dies in Symphogear!!!

ITT: American and Japanese foot soldiers are not considered lives.
---
But yeah, I agree with you on everything else.
befriend (v.): To violently attack someone with very dangerous and extremely powerful blasts of magical pink light until your target sees the validity of your viewpoint.
Sep 11, 2015 9:42 PM

Feb 2008
Well, I can guess that DR.Ver saved Mom that is alive right now.

Agreed ! No one dies Symphogear, well I don't count those random civilian people or those soldiers.

Nothing ventured, nothing gained (Girls und Panzer der Film ) / from Nishizumi Miho

Sep 12, 2015 12:50 AM
Oct 2014
carol song have some interesting lyric.
Sep 12, 2015 1:17 AM
Sep 2013
the hint that Dr.Ver will backstab Carol is bigggg~~~~~
and, OMG, that Carol's song.
Best episode since Dr.Ver show his nerveful face.
Sep 12, 2015 4:05 AM

Apr 2012
Finally Hibiki's dad manned up! That was awesome.
"Fortress Maximus has come himself. Okay! Then I shall get Fortress Maximus to fight me, huh huh huh!"

Sep 12, 2015 5:20 AM

Jun 2014
Big ass Autoscorer destroys HQ

Chrissy-chan destroys big ass Autoscorer <3

The whole exchange between Carol and Dr Last Hero was surprisingly amusing. Then we have "MY DADDY'S WAAAAY COOLER THAN YOR DADDY! NYA NYA!"

lol xD
Sep 12, 2015 9:19 AM

Nov 2010
The only good parts of this season so far are the first episode and the dolls.
Sep 12, 2015 2:29 PM

Mar 2008
Kotori_Sonoda said:
Finally Hibiki's dad manned up! That was awesome.

Yeah, may not be the most impressive person in the world but he did step up when it counted this time. Might be in a good mindset to get his life turned around there.

Either way it lead to Hibiki's second song which was pretty good.
Sep 12, 2015 7:52 PM

Jun 2013
bitch please Dr. Ver will never die lol hell even Mom is alive
Sep 12, 2015 9:42 PM

Mar 2008
Amazing episode. Plenty of action, dad manned up, everyone joins the fight, the world is on the verge of destruction. I love this show so much.
Sep 13, 2015 9:28 AM
Jun 2014
damn this episode was awesome. but indeed what happend 2 hibiki mom? and this seasons has almost no shoujo ai moments.. oh wel for the rest this season is awesome.
Sep 13, 2015 11:26 AM

Jan 2008
Holy shit... Carol's song is PERFECT for a final boss. It's very powerful and the lyrics are very warped.
Sep 13, 2015 1:04 PM

Mar 2008
razisgosu said:
Amazing episode. Plenty of action, dad manned up, everyone joins the fight, the world is on the verge of destruction. I love this show so much.

Yep, hitting that great ending craziness this show is great at. Everything on the line, insanely strong last boss, good times ahead. Good action this episode and probably will be the same for the next ones.

DmonHiro said:
Holy shit... Carol's song is PERFECT for a final boss. It's very powerful and the lyrics are very warped.

Definitely seems like the perfect song when you get to read the lyrics there. Perfectly captures her insane goals and mindset. Plus it's just sung in a way that makes it pretty intimidating.
Sep 14, 2015 10:15 PM

Jun 2013
A nice building just to destroy the world
Sep 15, 2015 9:11 AM

Mar 2008
Just because you are destroying the world doesn't mean you shouldn't put some effort into the looks of the building :).

And to be fair the second one wasn't really supposed to destroy the world, but save it.
Sep 18, 2015 11:12 AM

Nov 2011
Episode 12 will be delayed by a day..
Sep 18, 2015 12:07 PM

Nov 2008
Man, this summer is delay season for anime.

Sep 18, 2015 2:34 PM

Oct 2011
Hoppy said:
Man, this summer is delay season for anime.

yeah, no kidding.
Sep 18, 2015 4:54 PM

Mar 2008
All thanks to the wondrous sport of golf...

Oh well at least it is only a day.
Sep 18, 2015 5:04 PM

Jan 2011
I wonder why at this point Carol even bothers with Noise. I mean, in the scene where she wants to kill Hibiki's father, okay. But otherwise, as a sort of general defense/attack? Not once have Hibiki and co be delayed our exhausted because of Noise since their upgrade. It was always something else like the autoscores, or they where in the wrong place anyways.
Sep 18, 2015 6:03 PM

Oct 2008
Shitty dad still shitty dad! Carol sure wasted her time doing miss shots to that shitty dad!
Oh man...Hibiki, just go to your berserk rage mode to kill that Carol.
I doubt Dr.Ver is still alive and will take revenge to Carol.
Those comments saying Kanade is back cuz nobody dies in this series made me laugh!
4/5.
matias067Sep 18, 2015 6:06 PM

Sep 19, 2015 2:16 PM

Feb 2014
Wait Mom is back? Is Carol using some kind of Illusionary magic now...? Also I totally expect Dr. Ver to come back.

It's good that Hibiki and her Dad are starting to make up.

I'm surprised that the symphogear users haven't gone into ignite module for this final battle. Carol already has their songs so might as well do it for more power...
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 19, 2015 7:01 PM

Feb 2013
Obvious 5/5.

Chris is an archer now and she took that thing out in one shot!

Carol's transformation again! (I didn't think that was going to happen) And her singing! I got chills. That was awesome!
BurntJellySep 19, 2015 7:04 PM
Sep 25, 2015 9:05 AM

Apr 2012
Hibiki: "Whenever I was about to give up, you were always there for me, Dad. You were always protecting me."

Me: "Good for you Hibiki. I still don't like him though."
Sep 27, 2015 7:07 PM

Sep 2008
FateHero said:
Hibiki: "Whenever I was about to give up, you were always there for me, Dad. You were always protecting me."

Me: "Good for you Hibiki. I still don't like him though."

Same. She acts like his abandonment makes up for everything with his "magic words". That is just poor writing. And what she says is just denying the problem, denial isn't a good way to face problems by pretending things are alright. This plot line alone just hurt the score.
Oct 10, 2015 11:56 PM

Jul 2009
Great episode.

I guess Hibiki's father has always been a wimp. Still she was angry as hell at him, yet she gave him a chance despite not doing anything and only said the same line whenever he's in a pinch.

Lol Carol's eyes went yandere mode when she's about to carry her final plan. So Dr. Ver get's owned like that? Doubt he'll die just like that :P

Carol's phonic gain is amazing :O

I have the insert themes :D, can't wait to hear Carol's insert theme :D

Mom is alive!?!?! :X

Also the OST is amazing as well! I can't wait for them to release it!
Oct 11, 2015 5:23 PM

Jan 2013
Fairly good conclusion to the drama with Hibiki's dad. Things are reaching the climax.
Mar 18, 2016 1:45 PM

Nov 2013
Carol being more emo than ever. "I'll start the apocalypse with your screams", "I'll take your dad from you". Get yourselves a psychiatrist already. I like this season, but Carol is really disappointing as an antagonist. Otherwise nice episode and Hibiki's dad redeemed himself, at least a little.
You're a louse, Roger Smith. - R. Dorothy Wayneright
This is my fight! No Senpai, this is our fight! - Kojou Akatsuki & Yukina Himeragi
Aug 7, 2016 11:50 AM

Sep 2013
Hibiki and her dad plotline is horrible, atleast Carol and her dad is somewhat fine :(
Hibiki and Carol's songs were nice :)
Nov 4, 2016 5:55 PM

May 2015
I hope the studio keeps Dr. Ver alive and uses him as a running gag in future seasons where you think he died, but he comes out of nowhere and yells out "I'M BACK, BITCHES!"

You heard it here, folks! Elementary school girls can never be heroes!
Apr 15, 2017 9:29 AM

Jul 2013
Doctor Ver, noooooooo! I refuse to think he is dead, if M.o.m was alive by the end of the episode, Ver shouldn't die just for that, he's the Last Action Hero!

Hibiki's dad got himself redeemed, as expected, and Carol's song was very cool, I think this is the first time the main antagonist of the season sings. And he also returned to his older form, yay!

Btw, Carol's logic is pretty fucking amazing: "My dad told me I had to know more about the world, so I will dissect it" xD
Sep 28, 2017 8:04 AM

Apr 2014
SO Carol IS Crazy about fulfilling Her dads wish which she Misunderstood. This is crazy Her Song Makes her sounds like a Boss Alright...

Hibiki Dad Is not really perfect and he just fail as one... But I see carol just love playing with her Enemies... She even took a few Hits from Hibiki Attacks And still stood up/Float with no Broken Bones.

OH yeah And Dr. Ver crazy Explanations... that Stupid fall he took I could not tell which Make him fall... Carol or himself.

LoongFeelsSep 28, 2017 8:13 AM
Front Hooks...Oh yeah...
Nov 8, 2018 1:06 PM

May 2016
Dec 15, 2018 10:00 AM

May 2016
Great episode.

Château de Tiffauges falling from the sky remminds of the Divine Temple from 5D's XD
Dec 11, 2020 7:52 PM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
weird crazy psycho doctor whatever just casually talking about world destruction with a fucking loli is just FUCKING stupid I'm sorry, glad she stabbed that annoying piece of shit. hibike's dad is fucking annoying too what the fuck

yeah let's have a pussy ass wimp of a dad face down some overpowered loli looking ass with a harp yeah that's what I signed up for I guess

even hibike herself is kind of annoying, can we literally just focus on tsubasa maria and heck, even chris-CHAN

And NOISE not only do they still look STUPID af, they literally just stand there to get one punched by our young underage girls. Give us real fights cut out all this mindless drone of an army noise punching bags we don't need this GARBAGE give me the GOOD STUFF.... whatever I was expecting GX to be fucking garabage anyway, this doesn't deter my high hopes that I still have for AVX and XV.

glad we got our main loli baddie grow some tits back and go back to full woman form to have a showdown tho, but "OH CAN ALCHEMY DO ANYTHING??!!!" yeah you stupid bitch ass, shit writing definitely can do anything. Also sorry I'm usually not this hostile, this episode just really ticked me off pretty bad... "WE MAY BE LIMITED BY OUR LINKER, BUT THERE'S NO TIME LIMIT TO OUR BONDS" yeah for sure definitely the power of friendship will save you even when your run out of your linker bs and are literally just a helpless piece of meat. "I"LL NEVER LOOK AWAY AGAIN" wow SO heroic of you big daddy best dad in the whole world wow
BetaMaleUltraDec 11, 2020 8:04 PM

NYANPASU
5700XT

Jan 18, 2021 7:50 AM

Jun 2017
This was an interesting - and high octane - episode. I knew it was coming but I liked seeing Hibiki realize "what her dad gave her" and tbh Hibiki's past is interesting regardless. Her rehab after almost being killed at the concert at the start of the series adds an interesting depth of character a little past "the usual dopey protagonist" ...don't get me wrong, she definitely checks most of those boxes, though I wouldn't call her STUPID so much as stupidly optimistic and stubborn.

Love her character more than I thought I would when this series started.

Also, that Artemis Spiral was legit... everything Chris does is legit The very first thing she did this season was legit af too - cutting the top off a mountain? yeah... there was something else about that scene too.. hmm.. šŸ˜³

I can't wait for Hibiki to take that snotty little Carol brat out with a punch to the face. Oh yeah, and ...Dr. Ver? lol, good, die bro. He and Carol are practically made for each other - both bat-shit crazy genocidal maniacs. At this point I sorta don't care that much about Carol's "reasoning" because it's obviously stupid and nonsensical "snapped and became a villain over the dumbest possible misconception reasoning.

You seem a little agitated bro.
Alpha-MethylJan 18, 2021 9:43 AM
May 9, 2021 12:56 PM

Feb 2020
Carol's logic is so retarded.

The "magic words" of Hibiki's father suddenly makes him a good and responsible father?

Pretty poor writing in my opinion.

SerafosDec 28, 2023 7:54 AM
Sep 10, 2021 10:13 AM

Nov 2016
Dad had his redemption moment and Carol her song(a very fitting one). Awesome episode xD

Can't wait to see Ver next season.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Sep 15, 2023 1:22 PM

Nov 2010
I just realized that the central theme of this season is girls having daddy issues.
I'm sure Dr. Ver is still alive somewhere. He's going to return next season. I can feel it.
I love Carol's adult form! She's so sexy I want to screw her!
I wonder how Carol managed to revive Nastassja?

More topics from this board

Poll: » Senki Zesshou Symphogear GX: Believe in Justice and Hold a Determination to Fist. Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 25, 2015

68 by MxS7HGS »»
Sep 15, 2023 7:02 PM

Poll: » Senki Zesshou Symphogear GX: Believe in Justice and Hold a Determination to Fist. Episode 12 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 19, 2015

41 by MxS7HGS »»
Sep 15, 2023 6:10 PM

Poll: » Senki Zesshou Symphogear GX: Believe in Justice and Hold a Determination to Fist. Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 4, 2015

25 by MxS7HGS »»
Sep 15, 2023 12:39 PM

Poll: » Senki Zesshou Symphogear GX: Believe in Justice and Hold a Determination to Fist. Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 28, 2015

56 by MxS7HGS »»
Sep 15, 2023 11:38 AM

Poll: » Senki Zesshou Symphogear GX: Believe in Justice and Hold a Determination to Fist. Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 21, 2015

39 by MxS7HGS »»
Sep 15, 2023 9:53 AM
Itā€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.