Forum Settings
Forums
New
Sep 9, 2015 10:01 PM

Sep 2015
Hello MAL Community happy to be here :),
I was wondering what you all thought about life? Is it worth really living? Is there a reason too? Is suicide ever really a correct method out of your hellish experiences and overall lives? Does depression effect you and if so why and how? Also Eating Disorders. My daughter had one before she was killed by a drunk driver on her way to a movie with my wife. Anyone here have one? How do you cope with it? I am so happy to be here at MAL and learn to get to know all of you as most of my friend bases sadly comes from forums. Quiet in the surgery room I'm afraid :( . Thanks.
Edit: This is merely a discussion, I certainly do not want to commit suicide myself. Sorry it sounds that way.
JSU
JustSuckItUpSep 11, 2015 1:23 AM

If You Don't Give It All You've Got, You Already Failed.
Ask Dumbass Questions, Receive Dumbass Answers.
Sep 9, 2015 10:09 PM
Apr 2015
Like your name suggests ''JustSuckItUp''!!

Sep 9, 2015 10:10 PM

Jun 2015
JustSuckItUp said:
Hello MAL Community happy to be here :),

welcome, enjoy your stay
I was wondering what you all thought about life?

It's the opposite of death.
Is it worth really living?

What criteria are there that would be able to prove such a thing? Perhaps our inability to prove whether or not it is worth living is why we continue living?
Is there a reason too?

not in particular, though I don't think there is a reason to commit suicide either. It's all pointless in the grand scheme of things.
Is suicide ever really a correct method out of your hellish experiences and overall lives?

who are we to say what is correct and not correct. If someone is suffering so much that they would want to kill themselves how would we be able to tell if that is the right choice?
Does depression effect you and if so why and how?

yes, I have clinically diagnosed depression. It's just a defect in my brain. The biggest thing I notice is a lack of any sort of motivation whatsoever.
Also Eating Disorders. My daughter had one before she was killed by a drunk driver on her way to a movie with my wife.

I'm sorry for your loss
Anyone here have one?

Somebody probably does, not me though. I'm afraid I don't have the willpower for such an endeavor.
Thanks.

no problem, have fun on mal.
Sep 9, 2015 10:10 PM

May 2013
meditation has helped me with literally every problem i've ever come across

but then i live a very simple life
I CELEBRATE myself,
And what I assume you shall assume,
For every atom belonging to me as good belongs to you.
Sep 9, 2015 10:16 PM

Mar 2013
Your title as well as your op are extremely similar in name and in length to a spambots thread. Mistook your thread for a spambots thread for a moment there. Justthought i'd throw that out there for no reason at all really.

ot: I live to hopefully become successful one day, plain and simple. Things have definitely gone south, but fortunately, not nearly so much to the point of pretty much anything your op mentions.

btw, you just threw like 6, 1-million dollar questions at mal all at once. Each question can basically have its own thread.
Happy Halloween
Sep 10, 2015 6:07 AM
Jul 2018
no matter how depressed you are,
if you want to commit suicide..
just DON'T DO IT
Sep 10, 2015 6:29 AM
Jul 2018
kuuderu said:
if you want to commit suicide
just DON'T DO IT

Sep 10, 2015 6:37 AM

Jul 2007
Life is fun as fuck.
Sep 10, 2015 6:40 AM

Jan 2013
MALcidal
Sep 10, 2015 7:02 AM

Jan 2015
Life is worth living only if you think it is. In life you can experience happiness. But also sadness. Death does not have this. Death is neither sad nor happy. Life is worth living if you find the experiences you have in life to be better than the feeling of neutrality death offers.
Sep 10, 2015 7:16 AM

Dec 2013
LionCake said:
Life is worth living only if you think it is. In life you can experience happiness. But also sadness. Death does not have this. Death is neither sad nor happy. Life is worth living if you find the experiences you have in life to be better than the feeling of neutrality death offers.
I think that's a shitty description of death. It doesn't offer you neutrality it offers you nothing as far as we know. The feeling of peace entails you can feel distress, with death you feel neither and are not conscious.
Sep 10, 2015 7:23 AM

Dec 2012
Nice alt.

Sep 10, 2015 7:25 AM
Jul 2018
Euphemistic said:
kuuderu said:
if you want to commit suicide
just DON'T DO IT

well, might be funny for us but for OP idk..
Sep 10, 2015 7:55 AM

Sep 2015
Suicide is a topic that's permeated my life quite a bit the last few years. There are three reasons I'm aware of that people usually want to commit suicide:

1) They are in pain and feel that if they are seen having suicidal behavior that people might give them attention and put more effort into making them feel better. This is probably the most common reason that people find themselves behaving suicidally. This is where people do things like cut themselves and OD on medications that are very unlikely to harm them. They are in pain, but they fear death and do not want death. What they want is attention, and while attention definitely keeps them alive and from drifting into deeper depression and is vitally important for such a person, what they need is to be emotionally independent. Usually people like this are not at risk of actually ending their own life, but it happens, and that's sad. Suicide is not the answer if you feel like you aren't getting enough attention from a specific person or from people in general, the answer is to build your independence and individuality, and put yourself in situations where people want to be your friend and want to be a part of your life.

2) Feelings of being trapped, that the only way out of a terrible situation left is to die. Suicide is also not the answer here. If you're in a situation like this, you can seriously avoid it by hitting the road and becoming a hobo. Go camping. Leave behind the situation that's making you feel trapped, because that setting is going to kill you. Shave off that entire situation, every aspect of it, be it a conflict with some people, a responsibility you have or even an entire lifestyle you are living. If it's killing you, leave it behind you and don't look back.

3) The amount of pain they are feeling is so great that they want the pain to be gone at any cost, and death is a way to stop feeling this pain. I cannot argue with this reasoning for ending your own life. When pain is long, constant, horrible and shows no sign of ending in the near future, desiring death is natural, and I ultimately find that it's selfish to try and force somebody to endure that pain longer because them dying would make you sad. Drugs might be the answer here for some people, but for others being a zombie is just as painful as the pain they are already enduring. When you tell someone like this that they shouldn't kill themselves because it would make people that care about them sad, all you are doing is looking out for the feelings of everyone but the person in pain, and you are putting more burden on them. Suicide is an entirely reasonable response to intense relentless pain, most people have not felt pain like this and do not understand. The best thing to do when someone is feeling this way is to remind them of how valuable they are to you, how valuable they are to other people, remind them of things you want to see them do and happy times you want to have with them. Ultimately, if their pain isn't going to stop, they are going to kill themselves, and guilting them for that possibility is only going to make things harder on them. If you are in this situation, all you can really do is work to try and solve the core causes of your depression, and sometimes as such in the case of a death or an accident that happens to you, this is out of reach. It's best to try to look on the bright side of things, I just want to put emphasis on the idea that you shouldn't feel guilty for feeling suicidal when in incredible amounts of pain. That's commonly what people project onto the heavily depressed, and I think that it only exacerbates the situation, and has definitely caused people to die before.

If anyone's feeling depressed, feel free to send me a message or leave me a comment. I have all the time in the world to talk to you and I'm happy to.
Sep 10, 2015 8:16 AM

Aug 2015
All I can say is that life is a challenge, there's always be a reason why a certain thing happens but remember never give up and live on because it's a challenge we need to face on our daily lives.
Sep 10, 2015 11:03 PM

Sep 2015
Aoksari said:
Oh yeah, a 40-yr-old cardiologist asking this bullshit on CD makes sense to me...

Please forgive me for an somewhat childish attitude. I have been having a hard time lately and been lonely. Looking for attention in this way was wrong and I should be much more mindful of my posts. Yhneiil, your correct, sometimes as my name symbolizes it's what must be done. Life can be fun and very enjoyable, but you have to choose that. Thanks for you post Sentionaut it is quite a story and all other contributors. Again, please forgive me for looking for attention, sadly all is true, however I shouldn't have apprised this to you all. Thanks and look forward to other interesting topics. I'll be more restrictive of questions as well.
JSU
Edit: I do not want to kill myself. This was merely a discussion that went the wrong way. Sorry for this.
JustSuckItUpSep 11, 2015 1:24 AM

If You Don't Give It All You've Got, You Already Failed.
Ask Dumbass Questions, Receive Dumbass Answers.
Sep 10, 2015 11:12 PM
Jul 2018
No. There is nothing worth living for. If you want to suicide and you have the guts to go through with it then that is a sound plan.
Sep 10, 2015 11:59 PM

Apr 2015
fredchickens said:
All I can say is that life is a challenge, there's always be a reason why a certain thing happens but remember never give up and live on because it's a challenge we need to face on our daily lives.

No. Big bang and time occurs but they don't need a reason

That's it, our life has no meaning at all, that's the truth so just accept it. We're all just an organic shit moving in shit but thinking about 'i am no shit, i am so special'

Op : kill yourself if you want
WEABOO SCIENTIST
Sep 11, 2015 12:01 AM

Mar 2013
RockChan_ said:
meditation has helped me with literally every problem i've ever come across

but then i live a very simple life
If only people gave meditation a chance.
Sep 11, 2015 12:01 AM

Jul 2012
I don't have an eating disorder.
I get sad sometimes, but don't suffer from major depression, if I find myself getting sad I usually do something about it.

It seems a lot of older MAL users answered this topic, man I feel young.

More topics from this board

» Are you e-famous? Are you an Internet celebrity?

DesuMaiden - Apr 18

44 by FanofAction »»
7 minutes ago

Poll: » Bluey is the most watched anime in the world now

tsukareru - 4 hours ago

9 by vasipi4946 »»
33 minutes ago

» The level of NoLifer / NEET / Hiki you are?

IpreferEcchi - Apr 22

18 by creepylurker »»
47 minutes ago

Poll: » In the future there will be battles for love between species from other planets(theory)

Absurdo_N - 1 hour ago

3 by rohan121 »»
56 minutes ago

» Is it a good idea to stay relatively anonymous online?

DesuMaiden - Apr 20

27 by creepylurker »»
1 hour ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.