Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Sep 9, 2015 9:52 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Mm, this episode was delicious.

I thought Yamato looked cute with that hat on this episode as well. Seems like there's only two episodes left so I guess the show is trying to capture their on-screen chemistry. I think Yamato is doing quite though with her work

The Ichinose guy was hilarious to watch.
Stark700Sep 9, 2015 12:20 PM
Sep 9, 2015 10:52 AM
May 2010
... Ichinose? Uhh...I thought he was going to be left out of this, but okay, Madhouse.
Sep 9, 2015 12:22 PM

Sep 2007
Woah, the anime seems to be getting ahead of itself - season 2 planned perhaps?

Sep 9, 2015 12:33 PM

Apr 2015
While this episode wasn't bad by any means, if there's no season two follow up, these final two episodes are setting up the most cliché ending possible even by shoujo standards. New love rival + emotional near breakup = stronger emotional bond to close it out... "and they all lived happily ever after."

Except for Suna, because he turned down his best option. So he deserves it.
Sep 9, 2015 12:35 PM

Jun 2015
So much feels in the 2nd half... It's understandable that Takeo would feel inferior, but I honestly felt that his r/s bond with Yamato was deep enough to not make him feel that way, despite the confidence and arrogance of Ichinose.

Stay strong and fight Takeo!

Sets up for an interesting finale to the season indeed... but it feels so odd to throw this in now.

Sep 9, 2015 12:35 PM
The Komori

Mar 2013
FYI the finale episode is going to be delayed for a week
Sep 9, 2015 12:36 PM

Sep 2010
Tokoya said:
Thank you for the heads-up!

"to the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world." -a magnet
Sep 9, 2015 12:38 PM

Jun 2015
Tokoya said:

Thanks for the info!

Sep 9, 2015 12:38 PM

Nov 2011
Tokoya said:

Indeed D:

I wonder if Madhouse is planning something else for this show.
Sep 9, 2015 12:39 PM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
I like Ichinose lol.

Kind of annoyed at Takeo really for being so reluctant about saying ''Rinko'', that's too much even for Ore Monogatari.

The final looks to be very predictable atm.
Sep 9, 2015 12:41 PM
Jan 2015
damn that was deep
Sep 9, 2015 12:46 PM

Jul 2014
This is going to end in a very predictable fashion, isn't it? When they add in random drama like this right near the end, you just know how it's going to turn out, and I was hoping this show could avoid falling into such a trap.

Takeo's apparent inferiority complex is really annoying here, in all kinds of ways, but I do have to agree that this Ichinose guy (who I really don't like) in some ways; I don't agree about it being a mistake, but everything he said before that is entirely valid.

Also, does it necessarily matter that Takeo and Yamato don't share the same hobbies? People don't necessarily need that to be happy: Ichinose has clearly never heard of the phrase "opposites attract" before.
Sep 9, 2015 12:50 PM

Jul 2010
Oh, boy. Ichinose is pretty amusing with his grandiose attitude, though not as entertaining when he went into "muse mode".

Takeo having this side to him which was nice to see, but I just want the usual to come soon, no matter what.
Sep 9, 2015 12:52 PM
Jul 2018
oh my gooosh I feel like crying ;_; I feel so bad for Takeo!
Sep 9, 2015 12:58 PM
May 2010
Xenograft said:

I'm not done reading the manga (I'm at volume 8, where Ichinose debuts), but I think there's not much material for a second season.

GileonFletcher said:
While this episode wasn't bad by any means, if there's no season
two follow up, these final two episodes are setting up the most cliché ending possible even by shoujo standards. New love rival emotional near breakup = stronger emotional bond to close it out... "and they all lived happily ever after."

Except for Suna, because he turned down his best option. So he deserves it.

I don't know how I would have ended it, but I felt this was the perfect opportunity to introduce Yamato's family (which chapter was after the Yukika arc in the manga).

Welp.

Edit: thought about this a little more, and I've come to the conclusion that the Ichinose arc is a good finale, but man, they should've upped a bit the number of episodes...I really wanted to see Takeo meeting his girlfriend's family!
4shikiSep 9, 2015 3:52 PM
Sep 9, 2015 12:58 PM

Jun 2014
I remember people were complaining that there wasn't enough drama in this series, which I agreed with. But I really don't think it's a good idea to put this love triangle, inferiority complex drama at the end. It will result in a cheesy ending, but hey, unfortunately, there's nothing we can do about that.

I liked the comedy that Ichinose brought into this episode, but I don't like how he is trying to sabotage Yamato and Takeo's relationship. This episode had a good blend of comedy and drama. Also, it sees kind of weird that Takeo is struggling to call Yamato by her first name. Their relationship has been shown to be practically perfect for the entire anime, yet he can't call his own gf by her first name?

Tokoya said:

Thanks for letting us know.

danieltortoisee said:
Also, does it necessarily matter that Takeo and Yamato don't share the same hobbies? People don't necessarily need that to be happy: Ichinose has clearly never heard of the phrase "opposites attract" before.

This.

Xenograft said:

Don't get your hopes up. It's possible, but then again, this is Madhouse we're talking about.
thebrentinator24Sep 9, 2015 1:03 PM
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Sep 9, 2015 12:59 PM

Jun 2014
Damn, if Takeo doesn't fight for her, I'd be pissed. I am sure Suna will play a role in telling him what to do. Although he doesn't have to fight for her. I assume that the next episode he will tell her, that she can leave him if she wants to, or something like that.
Sep 9, 2015 1:00 PM

Dec 2012
Welp,that was stupid. I feel sorry for Takeo tho
Sep 9, 2015 1:12 PM

Oct 2014
Building up some drama for the final, I see. I feel bad for Takeo.

All these sweets in this episode, now I want some as well *w*
Holy Madoka! The Yuri is strong here!

My Anime List
Sep 9, 2015 1:12 PM
Jul 2018
Yamato gets a part-time job.

Ichinose likes Yamato. I feel sorry for Takeo!
Sep 9, 2015 1:14 PM

Feb 2015

Poor Takeo. He's probably feeling insecure and jealous right now. Can't believe Ichinose actually told him to break up with Rinko.
And it's the first time I'm seeing Suna look so surprised.

Suna following Ichinose's line of sight was funny.

Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 9, 2015 1:21 PM

Jan 2015
Wow, this episode and probably next week's one will probably bump my rating up from a 7 to an 8. This is more like it! Let's see how Takeo overcomes this, it's not easy to go out of your way all of a sudden.

Sep 9, 2015 1:23 PM

Oct 2014
In a nutshell, this had much more drama than I had anticipated. Well, if they are gonna end up the series ( 1 ep left) , probably the standard shoujp route "they-live-happily-ever-after" is going to be chosen. Well.. let us wait and watch .. the last episode will be delayed though :(
~~
The comedy part was nice this episode too :D
Postbox Takeo stalking Yamato cracked me up

~~
The scene that made me laugh out loud was Suna following Ichinose's line of sight :v
IizySep 9, 2015 1:26 PM
I don't know why people write that they are approachable persons,
if you were you wouldn't be on MAL.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Extended families or lovers on MAL are a farce.
Sep 9, 2015 1:23 PM

Feb 2012
Damn man that chef guy put Tekeo in his place, 0 chill.

That's how chefs do things, with 0 chill.
Sep 9, 2015 1:24 PM

Jan 2015
Iizbakaokay said:
In a nutshell, this had much more drama than I had anticipated. Well, if they are gonna end up the series ( 1 ep left) , probably the standard shoujp route "they-live-happily-ever-after" is going to be chosen. Well.. let us wait and watch .. the last episode will be delayed though :(

Is there a break next week?

Sep 9, 2015 1:25 PM

Apr 2014
This episode hit me really hard, because i recognize many situations in this episode in the situation i am in right now. The love-traingle part is kind of happening with my best (girl) friend right now and also the last scentence with putting your own feelings a side for another persons feelings and trying to make them happy. That is also my greatest strengh and weakness
Sep 9, 2015 1:28 PM

Jan 2013
ShadowBullet said:
This episode hit me really hard, because i recognize many situations in this episode in the situation i am in right now. The love-traingle part is kind of happening with my best (girl) friend right now and also the last scentence with putting your own feelings a side for another persons feelings and trying to make them happy. That is also my greatest strengh and weakness

this made me cringe
Sep 9, 2015 1:28 PM

Jan 2011
What I found most interesting in this episode was Takeo's self-awareness of his jealousy and his attempt to rise above it and just be happy that Rinko had found a job she really liked. That took a lot of a maturity for a first year high school student. I'm not particularly worried about Ichinose since they made it so obvious that he was totally misinterpreting what Rinko was saying.
Please don't feed the trolls!
In my next life I want to collide at the corner with the cute transfer student
carrying a piece of toast in her mouth
...rodac

Sep 9, 2015 1:31 PM

Aug 2013
I knew that something like this will happen.
But I'm almost certain that this series will have happy end.
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Sep 9, 2015 1:33 PM

Oct 2014
TruExtasy said:
Iizbakaokay said:

Is there a break next week?

Yes..
source : http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/daily-briefs/2015-09-09/final-my-love-story-episode-delayed-1-week/.92735
I don't know why people write that they are approachable persons,
if you were you wouldn't be on MAL.
Extended families or lovers on MAL are a farce.
Sep 9, 2015 1:41 PM

Aug 2014
Takeo character is just too simpleton and dumb.There is no f.cking way that an intelligent girl like Yamato would fall in love with him in real life.
Truth4LiesSep 9, 2015 1:47 PM
Sep 9, 2015 1:47 PM

Jul 2012
I can't take that patisserie seriously thanks to Jun voicing him xD

And of course, I should've expected there to be some last minute drama for the last 2 episodes, that thought flew past my mind and I thought it'd just be easygoing the last 2 episodes.

Well, fuck, last episode delayed huh? Dammit, I'm gonna be on vacation the week it finishes too. Oh well, can't wait to see how things turn out even though I already have an idea since everything's been pretty generic.
Sep 9, 2015 1:47 PM

Aug 2010
Even tho this was probably the first drama Takeo's encountered. I think this was one of the funniest eps yet imo

This Ichinose guy's hilarious. The way he just ran to Takeo telling him to break up was lol. He's some quite the self confidence. But well, Yamato was acting to dere in front of him so I can get why he misunderstood.

Takeo's reaction to Ichinose calling Rinko by her first name was so lol

The way Suna reacted to being called Makoto was so hilarious LMAO

Lol'd at the rabbit singing in the PV XD Dat face.
Sep 9, 2015 1:51 PM

Aug 2015
TruExtasy said:
Wow, this episode and probably next week's one will probably bump my rating up from a 7 to an 8. This is more like it! Let's see how Takeo overcomes this, it's not easy to go out of your way all of a sudden.

I thought the same thing :c
Sep 9, 2015 1:56 PM

Aug 2012
Fuck the direction this is going in
Sep 9, 2015 1:59 PM
Jun 2014
hated this episode. I wanted this anime to be about how great the relationship is, not about rivalry's. Takeo should have punched to cake making guy when he said to break up with her, that would have been funny.
Sep 9, 2015 2:02 PM
Mar 2015
How are they gonna wait until the final 2 episodes to add a plot twist, then end off this episode w/ a cliffhanger, wtf
Sep 9, 2015 2:02 PM

Jun 2013
I am so mad right now. F this guy. I love this show but F this guy.
BRB going to flip the nearest table I can find.
Sep 9, 2015 2:15 PM
Aug 2012
okay so we are going to ignore the fact that Ichinose is 21 trying to date a 15 year old girl for the record this fool doesnt even know how old she is L O L but oh well "PEDOPHILE"
Sep 9, 2015 2:28 PM

Feb 2014
That was sad, hopefully Takeo will manage to shut that guy up.
Sep 9, 2015 2:30 PM

Apr 2014

Sep 9, 2015 2:32 PM

Nov 2014
Fuck cliffhangers and delays. I found volume 9 of the manga online and used Google Translate to translate it. Now I'm satisfied. Looking forward to seeing how Madhouse adapts it in two weeks.
Sep 9, 2015 2:54 PM
Jul 2015
I don't know why people are concerned with rivals and drama. It's obvious that Yamato's feelings for Takeo will never waver, so there's no real drama to begin with. In that vein, there's no drama of that sort at all in the entire series
Sep 9, 2015 2:57 PM

Nov 2013
Oh yeah let's add the rival crap to give it a forced drama! Awesome ~
Sep 9, 2015 3:00 PM

Jan 2013
"pls brake up with her cuz i am a better fit" also the dude is a pedo
LMAO
Sep 9, 2015 3:53 PM
Oct 2014
omg dont tell me its going to end i mean what 24 or 26 episode u sure is going to end? amd if its end what u think its going to be breakout shit? mannn that sucks!
Sep 9, 2015 4:02 PM
May 2013
I am waiting for a plot twist Ichinose and Sunakawa guy love team. BL stuff man!! Anyone also noticed that singing phone accessory at the end? that ending song is so good!
Sep 9, 2015 4:03 PM

Jul 2010
TheUnbiasedOne91 said:
Takeo character is just too simpleton and dumb.There is no f.cking way that an intelligent girl like Yamato would fall in love with him in real life.

Nobody can say for sure.
It isn't something you follow with your weirdass logic.
Love is weird like that.
Sep 9, 2015 4:12 PM

Dec 2014
Last minute drama. Your rival is a huge douche bag but somehow your protagonist still takes what he said seriously. Your typical shojo. Let's ignore the fact that you have an entire season to slowly build up their relationship yet the anime treats it just like a straight up SoL, instead of a mix of genre, and now it's going to end on a compulsory climax which you have to rely on awkward exposition just to get your audience to understand what Takeo's thinking at the moment (btw the analogy of Yamato to a dog is quite laughable isn't?). I bet someone actually find the rival cute or charming, they could have made him less repulsive, again, shojo logic.
Sep 9, 2015 4:22 PM
Dec 2009
Wow, I don't know what I expected from this episode but this was NOT it! We just finished the Suna stalker story and I was thinking the second to last episode would keep focusing on him a bit. I guess they had to throw in some drama.

My I guess is the last episode will be "We don't have to share hobbies and interests! We have love!", happily ever after. Still can't wait to see it though.

I love Yamato and Takeo together but Ichinose does have a point. I think some people work well in "opposites attract" relationships, but others work better in relationships where they can share key hobbies and interests with their SO. I don't know which kind of person Yamato and Takeo are, but if this was real life I would be worried that too much of their relationship relies on having Suna around as a third wheel to keep the conversation moving and to clear up misunderstandings. But since it's just an anime, I don't think it needs to get that real haha.

Best thing about this episode was the endless delicious looking cakes!!
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ore Monogatari!! Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 22, 2015

375 by Nakiri_Haato »»
Mar 12, 7:54 PM

Poll: » Ore Monogatari!! Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jun 10, 2015

161 by zibus »»
Feb 25, 10:27 PM

» How can they have sex? ( 1 2 3 )

ichii_1 - Apr 29, 2015

116 by BigBoyAdvance »»
Feb 24, 11:28 AM

Poll: » Ore Monogatari!! Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 13, 2015

324 by BigBoyAdvance »»
Feb 18, 5:49 AM

Poll: » Ore Monogatari!! Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

raveninthemuddle - Apr 4, 2015

435 by BigBoyAdvance »»
Feb 18, 1:51 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.