Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Overlord (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Sep 8, 2015 9:26 AM

Jun 2015
Feels rushed, but still entertaining to me..

And Solution... is flat out scary.
I know boobs are considered a weapon, but to kill people with it is otherworldly. D:

Nice to see alot of Shalltear in this episode!

Sep 8, 2015 9:29 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
So what exactly were Shalltear, Gobas and the maid doing here? I must have missed the explanation, i was at least confused.

Otherwise, seems like Shalltear fell in the hands of mind control :/
Sep 8, 2015 9:31 AM

Jun 2009
Rushed is hardly can expressed it as people noted. And looking at the op... I'm afraid that instead of dedicating all remainging episodes to volume 3 they may also cramp some of volume 4 in there >_>
Sep 8, 2015 9:33 AM

Apr 2008
Baka_Ultimate said:
Rushed is hardly can expressed it as people noted. And looking at the op... I'm afraid that instead of dedicating all remainging episodes to volume 3 they may also cramp some of volume 4 in there >_>

Nah I doubt that's going to happen.
Sep 8, 2015 9:33 AM
Jun 2012
Damn, that was rushed.
Sep 8, 2015 9:34 AM

Jan 2009
Smudy said:
So what exactly were Shalltear, Gobas and the maid doing here? I must have missed the explanation, i was at least confused.

Sebas, but anyway,
CareBearAug 15, 2020 7:43 PM

Jun 2009
Smudy said:

You must have missed reading the novel then. Beacuase they cut it off completely as much as a lot of other stuff in this episode. It have whole 2 damn chapters cramped in it.
Jul 2018
Shalltear is so badass by killing those humans like that.

It looks like she fell into the hands of mind control.
Sep 8, 2015 9:36 AM
Oct 2011
Smudy said:

They did kinda explain it I think but basically it was this

CareBearAug 15, 2020 7:21 PM
Sep 8, 2015 9:37 AM

Feb 2012
Jesus her monster form is ugly and terrifying.

Jun 2009
Darklight0303 said:
Baka_Ultimate said:

Nah I doubt that's going to happen.

I want you to be right.
Jul 2015
Smudy said:

In Episode 5 Shalltear left with Sebas to go on a mission.
While Sebas and Solution (the maid) are basically roleplaying a daughter of a rich noble and her butler to establish ties within the kingdom to merchants and stuff in order to gain intel, Shalltear was ordered to capture humans that can go missing (outcast/criminals/mercenarys) with special talents and martial arts.

They basically trick a group of mercenarys which offers carriage trips in order to rob and kidnap noble.
Well and you saw what actually happens if shalltear is ordered to capture someone....
Sep 8, 2015 9:39 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
Thanks everyone!
Sep 8, 2015 9:41 AM

Jul 2014
Seems there was some rushing going by the comments here, which is kinda disappointing given how well they've paced everything prior to this. Was anything signficant skipped though?

The animation was pretty poor as well. Shalltear's other form (whatever the hell THAT was) and her fight with Brain in particular were very poor. Still a pretty good episode though, especially with how interesting things are becoming. I'm hoping Ains has to fight Shalltear so we can see him fight someone who is close to, or even on, his level of power.

Also, that scene of the guy getting killed by boobs is one of the most disturbing things I have seen in a while, though that whole sequence was extremely violent (and, of course, censored).
Sep 8, 2015 9:53 AM

Jul 2015
walldotfm said:
Feels rushed, but still entertaining to me..

And Solution... is flat out scary.
I know boobs are considered a weapon, but to kill people with it is otherworldly. D:

Nice to see alot of Shalltear in this episode!

She is mini version of sarlacc from Star wars
Sep 8, 2015 9:55 AM

Aug 2008
MC's guildmates were pretty messed up to come up with a monster like that. Other players could be traumatized by something like that in a VR environment. Episodes are over way too fast. Once again, it's a huge shame they didn't make into OVAs with longer episodes and more time to work on it.
Ii tenki desu ne...
Sep 8, 2015 9:56 AM
Lewd Depresso

Jul 2008
well.. Shalltear disappointed me in this episode.. an OP vampire transformed form is some sort of savage beast.. that is braindead weakling...

le sad...
Sep 8, 2015 9:56 AM

Apr 2008
vaikepois said:
well.. Shalltear disappointed me in this episode.. an OP vampire transformed form is some sort of savage beast.. that is braindead weakling...

le sad...

That was her racial weakness. Bloodfrenzy
Sep 8, 2015 9:58 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
That is one hideously vile transformation if I ever saw it x.x
Sep 8, 2015 9:59 AM

May 2015
shaltear wtf happened to you XD please dont transform
Sep 8, 2015 10:01 AM
Oct 2011
vaikepois said:

le sad...
That was just frenzy too bad they didn't explain it. She's very strong, especially vs Ainz who she directly counters, also she barely used any abilities this ep and with her divine class equipment she's a beast.
barmarSep 8, 2015 10:24 AM
Sep 8, 2015 10:05 AM

Jun 2013
well interesting
Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival.~Winston Churchill

"Fate of the universe will be Decided as it SHOULD be, in MORTAL KOMBAT!" ~Elder Gods

"Justice WILL Prevail?" "But OF COURSE IT WILL!! WHOEVER WINS, BECOMES THE JUSTICE!!!" ~Donquixote Doflamingo (King, Pirate, Shichibukai, Philosopher(?) (One Piece))
Sep 8, 2015 10:09 AM

Jul 2012
Super rushed... well, it can't be helped.
"The opposite of boredom is not pleasure... but excitement. People will gladly seek out any kind of excitement, even pain." -Makishima Shougo
Sep 8, 2015 10:11 AM
Oct 2014
Hmm someone can tell me what happand to shalltear ?imean she lose the fight with the knight or what? Someone brainwash her? Please xplane!!
Sep 8, 2015 10:12 AM

Jan 2012
Well didn't think Shalltear's true form would look so... well like an ugly monster... and she seemed a bit insane in that form too
Sep 8, 2015 10:13 AM

Dec 2008
I personally liked this episode. Ended too quickly ;-;
That is one fugly transformation though, Shalltear.
Sep 8, 2015 10:14 AM

Jul 2014
At least we are done with all the brain crap even if it was rushed. I expect good things from the remainder of the volume.
Sep 8, 2015 10:14 AM

Jun 2014
Shalltear's transformation was just.....ugh, that was creepy. And Albedo was funny at the end haha.

Seems like this episode was rushed according to the LN readers, that's a shame. Hopefully the last few episodes aren't that bad.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Sep 8, 2015 10:15 AM
Sep 2015
The previous Episodes were good so far and nothing of too much importance was left out or changed, but Jesus, WTF was Ep. 10!?

Sebas was supposed to pay for evereryone after Solutions behaviour to show how rich they are but thats just minor.
After their carriage got attacked the episode was just a mess. They don't explain what Shalltear is doing. I remember one of the Vampirebrides was supposed to be caught in a beartrap and some other things. In contrast to what was supposed to happen, here the bride was just thrown against a wall. Brain is just portrayed wierdly. His past and current motives are nonexistant, the fight was a joke, him suddenly tearing up was bizarre, too. Then there is Shalltears new Form which looks idiotic. Her mouth was supposed to open up to her ears with teeth protruding partially outwards. There is even an illustration of her looks! The whole process of her loosing control was displayed badly. Her last fight was completely different in the novel and she was NOT supposed to use her lance at that point.

I had a feeling they would rush the end because Cocytus was shown with the Lizardmen as his opponents but dear god wtf was that episode today?
I hope they rushed this Episode because Brain won't be important until later and to have the last 3 Episodes at a decent quality.
EskaronSep 8, 2015 10:22 AM
Sep 8, 2015 10:16 AM
Anime Moderator
᠎ Master Öqvily᠎

Aug 2014
Shalltear was beautiful this episode. <3

Forum set made by my
secret santa, Nate!
Sep 8, 2015 10:18 AM

Jul 2014
To make something clear.
CareBearAug 16, 2020 1:23 AM
Sep 8, 2015 10:21 AM
Oct 2011
Annuvin said:
Almost the whole 3rd volume in 1 episode. I guess they will somehow manage to fit volume 4 in the last 2 episodes too.
Oh well, I knew this wouldn't end well.
I honestly doubt that lol.That was kinda like an advertisment, same sort of thing was shown in the madan no ou's OP about future volumes which they didn't adapt.(that anime was adapted terribly if I may add).
Sep 8, 2015 10:21 AM

Jan 2015
I do wonder what happened to Shalltear
Sep 8, 2015 10:23 AM
Mar 2012
Dont mind it too much that they rushed this bit. I think they will adept the next episode to the
I think they did a good job securing(if they do it well) the last 3 to these parts.
CareBearAug 15, 2020 7:41 PM
Sep 8, 2015 10:23 AM

Apr 2008
Annuvin said:
Almost the whole 3rd volume in 1 episode. I guess they will somehow manage to fit volume 4 in the last 2 episodes too.
Oh well, I knew this wouldn't end well.

What the hell are you talking about? This wasn't almost the whole volume it was two chapters
Sep 8, 2015 10:25 AM
Mar 2012
btw was the episode censored for you guys as well? mine was censored the first half of the epsidoe(with the first bandit raid attack).
Jul 2015
danieltortoisee said:
Seems there was some rushing going by the comments here, which is kinda disappointing given how well they've paced everything prior to this. Was anything signficant skipped though?

I can't really remember that they skipped anything too big. A thing to mention though is that all the unique looking characters have a long fully fetched out backstory (like the carriage rider with the red suit or brain) that ofcourse wasn't possible to adapt.

I'm not really happy about how the guardians and their relationships are shown.
A really small scene but imo important dialogue (that probably got cut in favor of the eroge-voice actor talk) is in the carriage where sebas states his concerns that shalltear might not be suited for capturing people because of her bloodlust.
Since ainz gave that job to shalltear she warns him that she would kill him if he would ever seriously challenge a decision of a supreme being.

Later when shalltear has her fun with the mercenarys sebas leaves the scene since he kinda despises slaughterfests.

Same with episode 8 on the cementary where in the LN ainz actually orders the summoned undeads to hunt and kill any adventurer that approaches the cementary to snatch fame.

Or when Shalltear finds out there is an escape tunnel (she actually enslaved one of the mercenarys and questioned him and thought there wasn't one- not to important though) she is already super frightened and furious which lead to her fucking up with the adventurer group. And at the point where she unleashes the hounds she is not just "Oh i'll get scolded" while smiling but fucking desperate.

Many of these little things just say so much more about the actual characters than some of the longer dialogue that madhouse decides to take wordly.

danieltortoisee said:
Also, that scene of the guy getting killed by boobs is one of the most disturbing things I have seen in a while, though that whole sequence was extremely violent (and, of course, censored).

Solution (best meido) is a slime and has afterwards a little chit-chat about her preferences when it comes to dissolving people alive. (Zach the carriage dude is supposed to still make it for 2 full days)
Not exactly happy about her expression. She is actually described as a small child looking forward to her birthday present when it comes to humans.
Oct 2011
Annuvin said:
Do you people seriously believe that? If they stick to this pace they can get the whole Pandora Actor scene to 5 minutes and dedicate the rest of the episode to the fight.
Obviously they won't, that was the whole point of getting this part out out of the way.(unless anime original lololol)
barmarSep 8, 2015 12:16 PM
Sep 8, 2015 10:29 AM

Jan 2014
Pretty enjoyable episode. The sudden fast pacing of the episode from the usual slow pacing of the previous episode made me feel a bit awkward whilst watching this episode.

Also, it seems like Madhouse took out some points from the novel while making this episode. For example:
-sebas met a Noble and had a brief conversation with him.
-the conversation between shalltear and sebas in the carriage was a bit longer in the novel
-In the novel, sebas personality was explained in greater detail.
-Zach's past was explained in the novel
-The 'meeting' between Zach and Solution during the massacre was longer in the novel
-There was a short conversation between shalltear and Solution about their hobby after they massacre zach's group
-A certain creature was created after the massacre to serve Shalltear, albeit a short one
-The duel between brain, shalltear and her vampire brides was a bit longer in the novel.
-The short hair women(who met ainz and got the red potion from him) actually survived. Shalltear put her among the pleasure women in the mercenary camp.
Sep 8, 2015 10:33 AM

Jul 2012
Shalltear's true form was less intimidating than when i read it in the LN
Sep 8, 2015 10:38 AM
Mar 2012
Zetara said:
Pretty enjoyable episode. The sudden fast pacing of the episode from the usual slow pacing of the previous episode made me feel a bit awkward whilst watching this episode.

Also, it seems like Madhouse took out some points from the novel while making this episode. For example:
-sebas met a Noble and had a brief conversation with him.
-the conversation between shalltear and sebas in the carriage was a bit longer in the novel
-In the novel, sebas personality was explained in greater detail.
-Zach's past was explained in the novel
-The 'meeting' between Zach and Solution during the massacre was longer in the novel
-There was a short conversation between shalltear and Solution about their hobby after they massacre zach's group
-A certain creature was created after the massacre to serve Shalltear, albeit a short one
-The duel between brain, shalltear and her vampire brides was a bit longer in the novel.
-The short hair women(who met ainz and got the red potion from him) actually survived. Shalltear put her among the pleasure women in the mercenary camp.

The red haired woman also survived in this epsisode?
Sep 8, 2015 10:39 AM

Feb 2015
It did feel rushed but by no means was this episode bad, in fact I really enjoyed it and can't wait to see the blu ray and all that extra blood and chaos..
And come on, we finally see the BEST GIRL AGAIN and she totally flips out about the Love that was thrown her way and that made the episode that much better..
Sep 8, 2015 10:42 AM

Jan 2015
I liked it.
Sep 8, 2015 10:44 AM

Sep 2014
Whaou, It was so fast-paced I don't get nearly anything what's going one in this episode..
Mind control, by what? By the old priestress light dragon spell?

I think I rather prefer the slow-pacing of the old episodes. :(
Sep 8, 2015 10:49 AM
Oct 2011
Balong said:
Whaou, It was so fast-paced I don't get nearly anything what's going one in this episode..
Mind control, by what? By the old priestress light dragon spell?

I think I rather prefer the slow-pacing of the old episodes. :(

This is in case anyone wants to know what happened in the end a little more clearly.

CareBearAug 15, 2020 7:28 PM
Sep 8, 2015 10:56 AM

Feb 2014
Din't feel rushed at all too me. Loved the episode, Shalltear's monster form is probably one of the creepies things I have ever seen in anime.
Sep 8, 2015 10:57 AM

Oct 2009
This episode is rushed but I liked it.
Sep 8, 2015 11:01 AM

Jul 2013
Episode was so rushed it was impossible to enjoy. The fights were supposed to be much longer and bloodier. At the pace they're going I won't be surprised if next episode will finish volume 3 and they'll try to cram volume 4 in the last 2 episodes.
Sep 8, 2015 11:13 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
It's obvious that they rushed some things but this was by no means a bad episode at all

The brutality was more than real here and I can't even imagine how it was in the novel considering that it's even more brutal lol and I felt a little bad for those humans xD

Shaltear in her true for looks so fucking disgusting lol like wtf.....The blonde maid was hot as fuck though and I actually wish that I was that guy that she absorbed because that is a wonderful way to die xD

I'm guessing that Shaltear is being brainwashed somehow because there is no way in hell that she'd turn on her precious Ainz and let Albedo (her reaction to the love thing was funny lol) win so I'm looking forward to seeing what happens next
Sep 8, 2015 11:27 AM

Dec 2014
Whoa... Shalltear deflects those sword attacks with her pinky's nail. XD
Brain dude does not stand a chance....
Cries like a girl. XD

Is that Shalltear's true form?
Dammit... Focus on Albedo now.. Hehehe

Good thing the red-haired girl survived.. I hope. :)
Pages (6) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Overlord Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 7, 2015

368 by mustiest »»
Apr 17, 8:09 PM

» Why do people compare this show to SAO? ( 1 2 )

arc1only - Jan 8

58 by Reevansingh21 »»
Mar 31, 3:47 PM

Poll: » Overlord Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 29, 2015

431 by C0ST4 »»
Mar 29, 7:51 AM

» Why is shalltear stronger than Ainz??

SkyVongolaPrimo - Oct 20, 2015

16 by janreycampo »»
Mar 27, 10:22 AM

» Why couldn't Ainz defeat Shalltear easily?

Complexor - Dec 13, 2015

14 by janreycampo »»
Mar 27, 10:20 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.