Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Overlord (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 »
Sep 10, 2015 5:19 AM

Apr 2015
MFK said:
You guys all suck.

Not as much as this anime :^)
Sep 10, 2015 6:14 AM

May 2011
MFK said:
So much petty complaining. You guys all suck

I liked all episodes even thought they skipped some stuff except this one...
This one was bad... and ruined.
But that's just my opinion you dont have to agree with me >.>

Sep 10, 2015 7:11 AM

Jun 2010
I think the anime does enough to intrigue me to go on and read the LN. So I think its done its part in that regard. Just finished volume 1 and more to go to even catch up but I dont see anything wrong with the pacing or much skipped content going on the earlier parts anyways. I think its been a great show and by no means 'ruined'...yet. But lets see how I feel in a few volumes time I guess when I know more lol...

Sep 10, 2015 7:59 AM

Aug 2014
Tylaen said:
MFK said:
You guys all suck.

Your taste in Anime is shit.

Because you can't differentiate between what's good and bad.

How sad.
Sep 10, 2015 8:06 AM

Apr 2015
Grisaille said:
Tylaen said:

I embrace the turd within me.
Sep 10, 2015 9:14 AM
Apr 2011
You can't make a full adaptation of a visual novel, word by word since the media works differently. Moreso with Overlord being one which put a lot of emphasis on expressing textually the feelings.

But having read this arc, this episode is for me the meh one of the adaptation.

A lot of pertinent moments for the following of the story where skipped, a little more time on the cariage dialogues, Unglaus fight, and time passed in the wood wouldn't have hurt. Since these are moments who show Shaltear personnality and explain a little better her true form/class/capacities.
So yeah... budget and time are limited but if you are doing this at last do a correct job on the animation, design.

Shaltear true form looks... Oh dear... During her wtf expression Solution face looked just flat. And Shaltear looked way more bad because badly done, than truly ugly and disgusting...

"Hello I'm the vacuum !" -__-
culkicoaSep 10, 2015 9:21 AM
Sep 10, 2015 9:54 AM

Aug 2015
Man the animation is ruining my viewing experience on this show. So based on this ep. Shaltear was brainwashed due to the fact that her nametag turns into red which is 3rd party NPC. Anyways I still preferred her lamprey version in the LN

And also Solution was pretty hot too, that eating breast though
Sep 10, 2015 1:53 PM
Aug 2015
Eskaron said:
The previous Episodes were good so far and nothing of too much importance was left out or changed, but Jesus, WTF was Ep. 10!?

Sebas was supposed to pay for evereryone after Solutions behaviour to show how rich they are but thats just minor.
After their carriage got attacked the episode was just a mess. They don't explain what Shalltear is doing. I remember one of the Vampirebrides was supposed to be caught in a beartrap and some other things. In contrast to what was supposed to happen, here the bride was just thrown against a wall. Brain is just portrayed wierdly. His past and current motives are nonexistant, the fight was a joke, him suddenly tearing up was bizarre, too. Then there is Shalltears new Form which looks idiotic. Her mouth was supposed to open up to her ears with teeth protruding partially outwards. There is even an illustration of her looks! The whole process of her loosing control was displayed badly. Her last fight was completely different in the novel and she was NOT supposed to use her lance at that point.

I had a feeling they would rush the end because Cocytus was shown with the Lizardmen as his opponents but dear god wtf was that episode today?
I hope they rushed this Episode because Brain won't be important until later and to have the last 3 Episodes at a decent quality.
and i think it was surprising how shalltear couldve lost against them because they were all REALLY REALLY weak
orochi02Jan 9, 2022 1:54 PM
Sep 10, 2015 2:43 PM

Dec 2014
Damn, Shalltear was badass this episode. Her transformation though, just hideous.
Sep 10, 2015 8:59 PM

Jul 2015
I think this is one of the best episode. top 10.

but seriously, this was one complicated episode. considering it's an anime.

complicated in a way, that you wouldn't know who to root for. in the start, the vampire girl was killing bad dudes, then, she started on the good dudes/duddettes. I was getting mixed signals. omg. then found out she rebelled. how, and why??!! perhaps it was her nature. the killing and the hunt must have awoken her blood. Unprecedented due to the change of rule in this new world. A new dilemma was introduced here, much more serious. are members going to start rebelling gradually in the future??!! Perhaps there is more freedom to this subjects of ainz after their change. if they don't like it, then they can just abandon him.

Sequel!!!

zerorequiem_ said:
Damn, Shalltear was badass this episode. Her transformation though, just hideous.

adding a shock, entertainment value!!!
Sep 11, 2015 1:19 AM

Apr 2008
animeBee1ver said:

complicated in a way, that you wouldn't know who to root for. in the start, the vampire girl was killing bad dudes, then, she started on the good dudes/duddettes. I was getting mixed signals. omg. then found out she rebelled. how, and why??!! perhaps it was her nature. the killing and the hunt must have awoken her blood. Unprecedented due to the change of rule in this new world. A new dilemma was introduced here, much more serious. are members going to start rebelling gradually in the future??!! Perhaps there is more freedom to this subjects of ainz after their change. if they don't like it, then they can just abandon him.

Sequel!!!

zerorequiem_ said:

I get the feeling you didn't pay any attention to this episode at all.
Sep 11, 2015 1:45 AM

Dec 2012
Feels rushed but still enjoyable.
Sep 11, 2015 2:22 AM
Jan 2010
best episode since 3 and 5
Sep 11, 2015 2:49 AM

Jul 2015
Darklight0303 said:
animeBee1ver said:

Sequel!!!

Do tell
Sep 11, 2015 3:07 AM

Apr 2008
animeBee1ver said:
Darklight0303 said:

Do tell

You're asking how and why she rebelled even though the episode stated clearly she somehow got mind controled.

Also the whole what if members will start rebelling gradually in the future. Even though this so called rebelion is forced via mind control =_=
Sep 11, 2015 3:25 AM

Aug 2015
Amazing how they went for a horrendously slow pacing at the beginning only to try to rush through the end. Weird.
I think they left out a lot of stuff that emphasized Shalltear’s character. No explanation for anything as well, meh. At least we got to see Brain and the pacing should become better for the following episodes. Just hope that they animate the last fight a bit more decently.
Sep 11, 2015 4:31 AM
Oct 2013
animeBee1ver said:

complicated in a way, that you wouldn't know who to root for. in the start, the vampire girl was killing bad dudes, then, she started on the good dudes/duddettes. I was getting mixed signals. omg. then found out she rebelled. how, and why??!! perhaps it was her nature. the killing and the hunt must have awoken her blood.

They aren't actually "good guys". They are bandits. It's the same group of people who hijacked the horse carriage.
Sep 11, 2015 8:23 AM

Apr 2014
Oh man I like all the episodes so far but this episode was just bad and rushed.

-Brain's a pussy here but I believe the explanation as to why he acted like that is lacking. (Yeah he's afraid I know) but should made it clear enough that all the techniques he forged,his confidence were all shattered just like that.

-Eh Shalltear part was...really lackluster as opposed to how terrifying it was in the LN.(And to be honest found her appearance there stupid >.> )

-Shalltear having a troublesome skill [Blood frenzy] If I recall correctly which makes it hard for her to act rationally.
Sure it was shown with her eyes going foggy red but I believe its not clear enough for most people that have no knowledge of the LN.

-The hunting part was really poorly explained and lacks foreshadowing IMO. IIRC that was foreshadowed beforehand.

-The mind control part feels again poorly explained or whatever.At the end of this episode some part of me just went "What the fuck just happened?"
I won't be surprise if People are lost somewhere or pointed out flaws in this episode.
Like how the pacing is complete disaster after the beginning and everything half way through the episode is just everywhere.

There's probably more I missed out on but whatever and most of my complains seems to be nitpick anyway.

The main problem with this episode is really just the apparent rushing.
Man if only this adaptation had a Twenty four episodes.....(And some budget) this would have been godly.

Also while we're at it...What do you guys think is the best Art animation for an Overlord anime?
I was thinking something close to Hellsing Ultimate's art direction.
NeutralSideSep 11, 2015 8:30 AM

Sep 11, 2015 9:14 AM

Jul 2015
Darklight0303 said:
animeBee1ver said:

Do tell

You're asking how and why she rebelled even though the episode stated clearly she somehow got mind controled.

Also the whole what if members will start rebelling gradually in the future. Even though this so called rebelion is forced via mind control =_=

I remember ainz saying he needs to investigate . They aint sure due to the changes of this new world. Me thinks mind control are one of their speculation. Doiyyy.

Blankbite said:
animeBee1ver said:

complicated in a way, that you wouldn't know who to root for. in the start, the vampire girl was killing bad dudes, then, she started on the good dudes/duddettes. I was getting mixed signals. omg. then found out she rebelled. how, and why??!! perhaps it was her nature. the killing and the hunt must have awoken her blood.

They aren't actually "good guys". They are bandits. It's the same group of people who hijacked the horse carriage.

That girl with the potion and the angel looking old woman and dudes?
Sep 11, 2015 9:37 AM
Oct 2012
My only complain with this episode is the fight with Brain Unglaus is very very poorly done.
[My post won't contain spoilers, just the material skipped in this episode's adaption]

The backstory of Brain is just entirely skipped, making him a useless weak brainless thug compared to the great swordsman that rivals Gazef described in the LN. Brain has never lost a fight in his life until he crossed swords with Gazef in a tournament.

Details about Field, his own original Martial Art:

Details of the attack he used:

The part of him breaking down also makes him look like a weak crybaby about to soil his pants where in fact he was crying out of frustration that he as a human had trained so much is defeated by a vampire just because humans were born weak and no amount of training could change that.

Overall, the anime made him look like some weak random dude that's not even worth remembering.
Sep 11, 2015 10:54 AM

Sep 2013
NeutralSide said:

Also while we're at it...What do you guys think is the best Art animation for an Overlord anime?.

I like the current designs but it just needs a bigger budget :'(
Extend the action scenes and make the dialogue flow smoother and faster, a shame A SHAME that it had to come out before one punch man :'(
Sep 11, 2015 11:26 AM

Aug 2014
Damn Shalltear was a beast in this episode o_O I'm quite excited for

I haven't read the LN though, but judging from the OP that might be a possibility.
Sep 11, 2015 12:55 PM

Sep 2014
fredchickens said:
Man the animation is ruining my viewing experience on this show. So based on this ep. Shaltear was brainwashed due to the fact that her nametag turns into red which is 3rd party NPC. Anyways I still preferred her lamprey version in the LN

And also Solution was pretty hot too, that eating breast though

Reminded me of poor Corkus from Berserk..

But, as Charlie Harper once said, boobs are still boobs.
Sep 11, 2015 9:18 PM
Oct 2013
animeBee1ver said:

Blankbite said:

That girl with the potion and the angel looking old woman and dudes?

Forgot about this one. Well the anime skip a lot of explanation and backstory. The reason for that is because of Shalltear's passive skill.
Sep 12, 2015 1:59 AM

Jun 2014
Sep 12, 2015 4:19 AM

Jun 2015
the last fight
ainz vs shaltear or ainz vs someone else?
Need Spoiler
Sep 12, 2015 6:45 AM

Dec 2010
...this episode freak me out, everyone calm down

...it's like a group of OP Bad guys with no Good guys
Sep 12, 2015 6:46 AM

Apr 2008
Animepsp said:
...this episode freak me out, everyone calm down

...it's like a group of OP Bad guys with no Good guys

The bandits were not good guys >_>
Sep 12, 2015 7:08 AM
Oct 2011
I'll put this here too for explanation about Shalltears actions.

"In YGGDRASIL, powerful jobs would be given weaknesses and handicaps in order to balance the game. One of the few handicaps given to Shalltear was 「Blood Frenzy」, the more blood her body was getting covered in, the stronger her urge to slaughter would become. Although her combat strength would increase, it came at the price of losing control over her mind."

Shalltear can technically reduce the effects of blood frenzy if she's careful enough.She even mentions sucking the blood using spuit lance later on, but here she just decided to enjoy herself which caused Brain escaping,her panicking like crazy(of course we could not see this clearly in the anime) and not thinking things through.That party's ranger managed to escape as well and finally she got herself mind controlled.

In other words she brought it on herself, true it was also because of some extreme bad luck.....but most of it was due to her own carelessness.

Also she didn't transform back and forth like 10 times, the anime added that among many other things.

No IMPLOSION! scene being included kinda sucked as well since this was a very juicy chapter overall.

Those who want moar Shalltear action that was cut:

Sep 16, 2015 8:52 AM

Jul 2008
Good episode but not super, at least we get to see Shalltear in action :D
Sep 16, 2015 10:35 PM

Feb 2011
Darklight0303 said:
Being brought back to life would weaken her completely. Not a good choice at all

Indeed, but considering the one using the dress was fighting against an undead being, that would also increase the chance of defeating them. Making her an enemy that is living makes her vulnerable to being killed. It wasn't used soon enough by the looks of it. If we're talking about Madara, then it doesn't make much of a difference. (I know that was a spoiler just now, but it could've been worse)
ReloadSep 16, 2015 10:58 PM
Give me at least 5 minutes to modify my post before quoting me. (refreshing page advised)
Sep 19, 2015 12:22 AM
Mar 2012
Eww that transformed lamprey, Suu like absorbing..., Brain was pathetic, several parts were confusing but some folk's LN excerpts explained stuff well, red girl might live, & dragon mind control. Even though faster pace & eww lots of ded, I quite enjoyed this.
Sep 19, 2015 1:46 AM

Apr 2008
Reload said:
Darklight0303 said:
Being brought back to life would weaken her completely. Not a good choice at all

Indeed, but considering the one using the dress was fighting against an undead being, that would also increase the chance of defeating them. Making her an enemy that is living makes her vulnerable to being killed. It wasn't used soon enough by the looks of it. If we're talking about Madara, then it doesn't make much of a difference. (I know that was a spoiler just now, but it could've been worse)

I am up to date on the novels and killing undeads is not so nonsensical as you think. >_>
Sep 19, 2015 9:09 PM

Feb 2014
Even if that guard was able to touch Shalltear's "boobs" when she got out of the carriage, he would have been very disappointed...

Seeing Shalltear as a lamprey lady reminds me of the saying: "It's what's on the inside that counts"
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 19, 2015 11:51 PM

Mar 2012
Could've just kill them in her cute form -.-

Albedo best girl.
Sep 22, 2015 11:52 AM

Feb 2011
Darklight0303 said:
I am up to date on the novels and killing undeads is not so nonsensical as you think. >_>

Give me at least 5 minutes to modify my post before quoting me. (refreshing page advised)
Oct 6, 2015 8:44 AM

Oct 2013
Did this become a horror show all of a sudden? Yeezus Shalltear was terrifying.

Discord: the.path.to.pathos
RateYourMusic
last.fm
Oct 6, 2015 8:58 AM

Jan 2014
I really liked this episode :D

Albedo best girl.
Oct 6, 2015 5:35 PM

Aug 2013
Awwwn, Shalltear is so kawaii. She got some skill with the tongue too ;) ;) wink wink

I'm not sure I understand what the maids monster type are. They seem to be somekind of morphing monster.

That group of adventurers seemed pretty strong and organized. I guess we'll see them later.
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Oct 9, 2015 6:02 AM

May 2012
Pretty intense, quite an episode let's see what's next.
Oct 10, 2015 4:16 PM

Feb 2013
Dang girl, you ugly.
Oct 21, 2015 4:18 PM

Oct 2008
what the hell happened to shalltear? are those humans on that world on par with the mighty NPC of Ainz?
5/5

Oct 29, 2015 4:54 PM

Jul 2013
This episode was one of the most funniest thing that I ever see. I can't stop laughing in the battle of Shaltear against that GAR Shinji Matou (who was supossed to be one of the strongest human of the series). Let's repass the fight:

-Shinji hurts one of Shaltear's slaves. She prepares to fight him.
-Shinji prepare his best attack (who was supposedly created to defeat people like Gazeff).
-Shaltear blocks the attack with ease.
-Shinji tries to attack Shaltear with more attacks. She blocks all of them.
-Shinji ends running the fuck away while crying like a little bitch

Best fight of the anime easily.

Shaltear true form was ugly, but cool in an strange way, reminds me from a Chiropteran from Blood+. It seems like she rebels against Ainz not willingly, but because that magic object that the adventurers carried. Looks interesting.

walldotfm said:

And Solution... is flat out scary.
I know boobs are considered a weapon, but to kill people with it is otherworldly. D:

Dat face, though. I knew that Solution was a creepy bitch due the specials of the DVDs, but that scene when she rekt that pleb using her boobs was scary. I like her. I also like that butler, looks badass as fuck.

And at the end Albedo keeps fangirling on Ainz. Poor him, being an evil lich king has its disadvantages after all :(.

Oh, also that redhead adventurer who receives that potion from Ainz reappears, though her fate wasn't showed.
Nov 25, 2015 9:05 AM

Nov 2011
I thought, sbagliandoti, the episode was all focused on Shalltear and a subplot, instead everything is connected quickly to the main story, this really interesting twist to ruin the plans of Momonga, just wish of previous events is not known more anything, oh well! I await the next episodes to figure it out.
Dec 20, 2015 5:07 PM

May 2013
Poor Zach. Death by boobs.
Shalltear is slightly less cute in her true form.
And Albedo has selective hearing.
I’m always searching for something, for someone. This feeling has possessed me I think, from that day… That day when the stars came falling.
Dec 28, 2015 2:39 PM

Feb 2015
Aha! I now understand why Albedo called Shalltear a 'lamprey'

Episode felt rushed though.
Jan 11, 2016 5:51 PM

Mar 2010
Shalltear seemed reckless as fuck. But I guess something has to give Ains some challenge.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Jan 22, 2016 10:11 AM

Jun 2009
i was shalltear to lick me with that tongue.
Apr 12, 2016 7:09 PM
Nov 2015
Since when Ains can use menu again?
Apr 23, 2016 8:12 PM

Jul 2013
What the hell happened to Shalltear? In the previous episode, Naberal showed his prowess and used 7th-tier magic and turned two dragons into dust and she's just a maid. Shalltear is like one of Momonga's generals so she's supposed to super strong. I don't believe she got beaten just like that.
Pages (6) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Overlord Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 7, 2015

368 by mustiest »»
Yesterday, 8:09 PM

» Why do people compare this show to SAO? ( 1 2 )

arc1only - Jan 8

58 by Reevansingh21 »»
Mar 31, 3:47 PM

Poll: » Overlord Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 29, 2015

431 by C0ST4 »»
Mar 29, 7:51 AM

» Why is shalltear stronger than Ainz??

SkyVongolaPrimo - Oct 20, 2015

16 by janreycampo »»
Mar 27, 10:22 AM

» Why couldn't Ainz defeat Shalltear easily?

Complexor - Dec 13, 2015

14 by janreycampo »»
Mar 27, 10:20 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.