Forum Settings
Forums
Poll: One Piece: Strong World Episode 1 Discussion

Jan 2, 2018 7:41 PM

The animation was very nice indeed, best part of the movie. Luffy in a suit was very unexpected but awesome nonetheless (but WTF Luffy with guns????), and I never asked for Robin with glasses, but now I desperately need it in my life.

However the fucking fanservice oh my god, why must it ALWAYS happen? Why must Nami be half-naked for 2/3 of the movie, with close-ups of her breasts and butt? Goddamn man I swear, this just wasn't worst than that fucking film where Nami's boobs giggle in every fucking scene.

Anyway, also nice to see everyone together again after they have split up on the series (ep 429 for now).

Feb 24, 2018 3:12 AM

Probably my favourite movie so far; the plot tied together neatly through to the end and all the characters shone through perfectly :) I was hoping to see some haki/gear 4th but I guess this was too far back in the timeline? I loved how the crew just happened to have an armoury of guns (courtesy of Frankie?) alongside a wardrobe of formal clothes for the one occasion.

As with all One piece movies comes plot convenience, however the movie was entertaining which is all I care about. The ED is a nice throwback + ending was clean :)
Modified by Prim3, Feb 24, 2018 3:19 AM
~

Oct 8, 2018 12:10 PM

One piece gold shits on this movie

The best thing about the movie was the animation quality.The rest was meh especially the plot which was mediocre and what made it even worst is the way they worked with it.

It just felt like an exetremly trashier version of the arlong parc arc (including nami's backstorie)

The movie seemed to care more about being pretty than actually being good in term of plot and storytelling

Even the fight scenes weren't that good smh

Dec 20, 2018 3:09 PM

I remember really loving the 6th movie when I watched it the first time and being kinda bored watching this one... I've rewatched it today and was bored once again... The animation is good, music is neat and some moments were really cool (the intro for this movie and the part where they're all coming to Shiki's party with guns and smoking are the best part), otherwise the story and characters besides the Straw Hats are totally bland.
6/10
I hope my rewatch ofthe 6th movie won't be so disappointing. I also haven't watched the other movies yet (besides the 6th one) but I hope they are better than this one.

Jun 24, 5:48 AM

Since I wrote a lot I will put my post in spoiler tags.

Jul 27, 2:01 PM

Best One Piece movie ever. I loved this so much!

Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]