Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Wakako Zake
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 9, 2015 8:53 PM

Jan 2015
KaedeKyl9 said:
Dreams_of_Neko said:
Woah, some dramatic assumptions in here.

Anyways, that asparagus is giant indeed. I have eaten it fried, but not with that kind of batter. Might have to try it someday.

She specifies that fried things taste better with beer. Not really a fan of it, too bitter for my taste, but might try it as well. Who knows.

Did u drink japanese beer before? just to know XD

Ahh~ forgot for a moment that beer varies in taste XP. Local brands are awfully bitter for me, but never have tried Japanese beer...at least I don't remember >.>;

I saw Sapporo beer in the super, but the price is too high for my budget. Someday, someday.

How does it taste?
Sep 10, 2015 4:57 PM

Oct 2013
Dreams_of_Neko said:
KaedeKyl9 said:

Did u drink japanese beer before? just to know XD

Ahh~ forgot for a moment that beer varies in taste XP. Local brands are awfully bitter for me, but never have tried Japanese beer...at least I don't remember >.>;

I saw Sapporo beer in the super, but the price is too high for my budget. Someday, someday.

How does it taste?

most of the beers i know have soft flavor, wasnt bitter at all. i dont drink every japanese beer tough. dunno if its considered good or soso, cuz i drink a little stronger than that and more alcohol. most of japanese liked it tough. some beer is good to drink before sleep or to relax while watching tv or something.
Sep 12, 2015 3:53 PM

Jan 2015
KaedeKyl9 said:
most of the beers i know have soft flavor, wasnt bitter at all. i dont drink every japanese beer tough. dunno if its considered good or soso, cuz i drink a little stronger than that and more alcohol. most of japanese liked it tough. some beer is good to drink before sleep or to relax while watching tv or something.

Hmm...dunno. They way you describe them sounds very similar to beers from the US. I remember reading once in either Youtube or 9gag: "American beer is like having sex on a canoe. Fucking close to water".

Despite being very soft, they were still bitter for me. But still, this is all theory until I get to actually taste it.

You fueled my curiosity, so tasting Japanese beer is gonna be on my list. Because science XD.
Sep 14, 2015 5:05 AM
Mar 2008
ElenirLachlagos said:
Because she likes to go out alone she's an alcoholic? Weird conclusion.

A conclusion you alone seem to have come to, as I just said she's an alcoholic and the other guy just said she was lonely. Either way, I was only joking at a small observation. Lighten up.
Sep 14, 2015 7:07 PM

Oct 2013
Dreams_of_Neko said:
KaedeKyl9 said:

Hmm...dunno. They way you describe them sounds very similar to beers from the US. I remember reading once in either Youtube or 9gag: "American beer is like having sex on a canoe. Fucking close to water".

I had never drunk an american beer before, so i dont know its taste.

Despite being very soft, they were still bitter for me. But still, this is all theory until I get to actually taste it.

You fueled my curiosity, so tasting Japanese beer is gonna be on my list. Because science XD.
Oct 16, 2015 3:09 PM

May 2012
That reaction :v
Nov 23, 2015 7:09 AM

Nov 2011
Very nice and tasty to see although not so much for the food as for the power of persuasion that Wakako can put in his interpretation, I came a little peckish, I want one! Wakako is quite a character, I would like an anime series longer.
Jun 29, 2017 10:25 AM

May 2016
I tasted asparagus for the first time last week and it smelled pretty good and tasted okay, but deep fried?! Goodness gracious that looked like a delicious snack...

Jan 26, 2019 8:50 PM

Jun 2015
had no idea that this type of food existed actually
Mar 13, 2019 4:35 PM

Jul 2016
I'm not a fan of fried vegetables if I'm honest but I wouldn't mind giving it a try someday.

P.S.: Interesting, now it seems you're an alcoholic if you accompany your dinner with a beer... oh boy, I'm screwed then.
Aug 30, 2019 5:37 AM

Oct 2012
First time I heard about frying asparagus like tempura
I thought not all vegetables can be fried, guess not for Japanese
Usually asparagus is one of ingredients for soup, usually it'll become kinda damp if you fry it
"Signature removed"
Apr 22, 2020 2:19 AM

Dec 2013
Whenever I see someone eat something delicious, I would ako like try what they have. That deep fried asparagus looks really good

★━━─
𝘏𝘰𝘸 𝘤𝘢𝘯 𝘐 𝘣𝘳𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘱𝘦𝘢𝘤𝘦 𝘵𝘰 𝘮𝘺 𝘩𝘦𝘢𝘳𝘵?
𝘞𝘩𝘦𝘯 𝘐 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘯𝘬 𝘢𝘣𝘰𝘶𝘵 𝘪𝘵 𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘳𝘺 𝘥𝘢𝘺?

Jan 15, 2023 1:33 AM
otp haver 🤪

Jul 2017
I can vouch that tempura fried veggies are fantastic. Not reccomended for your weight.

I've made the Tentsuyu sauce before from scratch and it's so good. I'll need to try it with vegtables at some point.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Wakako-zake Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

animefan8800 - Sep 20, 2015

59 by Stripes »»
Jan 15, 2023 1:41 AM

Poll: » Wakako-zake Episode 11 Discussion

animefan8800 - Sep 13, 2015

24 by Stripes »»
Jan 15, 2023 1:38 AM

Poll: » Wakako-zake Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 30, 2015

21 by Stripes »»
Jan 15, 2023 1:29 AM

Poll: » Wakako-zake Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 23, 2015

27 by Stripes »»
Jan 15, 2023 1:25 AM

Poll: » Wakako-zake Episode 7 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 16, 2015

25 by Stripes »»
Jan 15, 2023 1:23 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.